Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Evertonian's want to move to Kirkby (update)

Read 4792 times
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Evertonian's want to move to Kirkby (update)
      Jul 22, 2007 04:34:06 pm
      Looks like Tescos
      « Last Edit: Aug 26, 2007 04:49:17 pm by JD, Reason: Title »
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Re: Evertons new ground
      Reply #1: Jul 22, 2007 05:09:48 pm
       :laugh: How much of a sh*t hole does that look after looking at the proposed pictures of ours! To be built in Kirby correct me if I'm wrong?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #2: Jul 22, 2007 09:50:34 pm
      Hey - it looks busy. It must be a derby day.

What's everyone's feeling on this.  Do you think the Evertonians will vote for it or not?  At least they will be the best team in Kirkby.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #3: Jul 22, 2007 11:05:36 pm
      I doubt a lot of them will vote for it. I think the only positive response I've heard to it has been that of Kenwright the crybaby. But isn't it season ticket and share holders only, who can vote? Seems a bit unfair that considering they're "the peoples club".........
      Yeah, best team in Kirkby is probably better than being the worse team in Liverpool isn't it.... :D :D

The peoples check out?

« Last Edit: Jul 23, 2007 12:57:19 am by redkenny »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #4: Jul 23, 2007 05:33:29 pm
      They're opening it up a bit, I think it is anyone who has had a season ticket or held shares in the last three years  >:D

I feel sorry for all the good reds that live in the area

The picture of their new ground, doesn't it look like a shopping basket

Anyone seen today's echo yet, some of their muppets making a show of themselves again, there so convinced THEY should have been building on stanley park - except they haven't got the budget

They can't leave the city as it would leave only 1 big team in the city - problem is there is only 1 big team in THIS city and it ain't you my blue friends.

By the way I would now love to see Tesco go the same way as Kwik Save!!
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #5: Aug 08, 2007 03:11:39 pm
      The muppets always fell hard done by! Every little thing that happens to them, we get it in the ear all the time!

Me mate never lets me live it down that THEY should have been building on Stanley Park! Saying the council told them it was publicly owned land and no-one was allowed to build on it! It'd make me grin even more if that is actually what happened! 8)
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2766 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Everton
      Reply #6: Aug 24, 2007 01:56:39 pm
      Is it true that Everton fans have voted to move to the new ground? I thought they were all against it
      Reepicheep
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,092 posts | 40 
      Reply #7: Aug 24, 2007 02:40:41 pm
      Yep, looks like they're off....

Everton get green light from fans for Kirkby move
      LONDON, August 24 (Reuters)

- Everton will go ahead with plans to leave Goodison Park for a new stadium in Kirkby having received the backing of almost 60 per cent of fans voting in a ballot over the proposed move.

The Merseyside club said on Friday it had received 15,230 yes votes, constituting 59.27 percent of the total 25,761 votes cast. There were 10,468 no votes (40.73 percent).

Everton had sent ballot papers to more than 36,000 season ticket holders and shareholders. The ballot received a turnout of 70.27 percent.

The projected move had generated plenty of debate among the club's supporters because Kirkby, which is four miles from Goodison, lies outside the Liverpool city boundary.

The planned 50,000-capacity stadium will cost an estimated 150 million pounds ($300.4 million) and is part of a 400 million pounds development planned with British supermarket giant Tesco.

Everton hope to be there in time for the 2010/11 season.

Goodison, which staged a World Cup semi-final in 1966, has been home to Everton for 115 years since they moved across Stanley Park from Anfield in 1982.

Link
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #8: Aug 24, 2007 02:42:11 pm
      It is indeed true. The result of the vote came out today and they could well be off to Kirkby. Bye Bye  ;D

Link

EVERTONIANS have voted to move their club to Kirkby.

A clear majority of the supporters who voted in the Blues poll agreed with the proposal, which could see a new 50,000-seater stad-ium built in the town in time for the 2010 season.

Announcing the results of the landmark poll today, Everton said 59% (15,230 people) voted in favour, with 41% (10,468) against.

The question they were asked was: “Are you in favour of relocating Everton football club to Kirkby?”

Around 11,000 votes were not returned during the three-week ballot, making the response 70%.

Everton thanked the season ticket holders, shareholders and fan club members who took part, saying they were “pleased” a positive result was achieved.

The club will now continue neg-otiations with Tesco and Knowsley council to try to make the ÂŁ400m plan for a new stadium and shopping district south of Kirkby town centre a reality.

But fans and residents were today warned there was still a long way to go before the proposal achieved the final go-ahead.

A club statement said: “Everton are pleased that a majority of those Evertonians who were eligible to vote in the ballot do support the club in its desire to relocate to a new home in Kirkby.

“We are the only major club in Europe to have handed over a decision of such importance and magnitude to its fan base, something which simply serves to underscore the enormously high regard in which we hold our supporters.

“We now have a mandate to carry on negotiations with Knowsley council and Tesco.

“The club’s board of directors, the management staff and the players would like to thank all those who participated in the ballot.

“We would also like to thank Electoral Reform Services, who ran the ballot on our behalf in a diligent and wholly professional manner.”

Everton managed to win over the majority of eligible fans despite a hard-fought battle by opponents of the Kirkby move, who still hope to persuade the Blues to stay within the city boundaries.

The club had said it would end all negotiations with Tesco and Knowsley council if it lost the poll.

Over the past few weeks, two rival proposals emerged.

The club statement said: “While the proposed move has undoubtedly provoked a heated debate, it is reassuring to know the majority of Evertonians support the club as it pursues its long-held desire to provide a world-class stad-ium for its world-class support.

“The result comes at the end of a transparent, democratic process and we believe that now is the time for all supporters of Everton to set aside any differences of opinion.

“We all want the same thing, a thriving, ambitious and prosperous club away from the field, and an attractive, competitive team on it.”

The Kirkby proposal, described as “the deal of the century” by chief executive Keith Wyness, is still some way from certainty.

Although the club and Tesco have unveiled images of how they want the development off Valley Road and Cherryfield Drive to look, Knowsley council must first draw up a new “vision” for Kirkby and consult residents for a second time.

If that passes smoothly, a planning application will be submitted.

If it gets the go-ahead, government officials will cast their eye over the proposal, which could be “called in” for further scrutiny.

A council spokesman said: “The ballot result is clearly a step forward for Everton. The views of fans are important and so are those of the Kirkby community.

“Although we welcome the fact that Everton fans think Kirkby would be a good place for the club, it is important to stress there is still a lot to be done."
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #9: Aug 24, 2007 02:43:29 pm
      RTK - Relocating to Kirkby :D :D :D
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #10: Aug 24, 2007 02:47:09 pm

:D :D :D

Every blue nose I know, who I've spoke to about this vote have been very against the proposed move to Kirkby. I know that doesn't mean much, but I'm sure we'll hear a lot more complaining than praise over this one. Phone in on Century FM's Legends show should be good for a laugh later!  ;)
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2766 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #11: Aug 24, 2007 03:47:57 pm
      if most evertonians were against the move would you say the club have just come out and said that the vote was a yes while maybe it wasnt????????????? 
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #12: Aug 25, 2007 02:13:02 am

I heard through the grapevine Everton's new strip will be blue and whte stripes

An Everton spokesman explains
      Every little helps
      molby86
      • Forum David Johnson

• 239 posts |
      • Best left foot ever.........
      Reply #13: Aug 25, 2007 07:23:34 am
      My bloody council tax better not go up to pay for that shower of sh*te! Off to write to the council now.....unimpressed of Prescot!
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #14: Aug 25, 2007 11:07:20 am

PMSL I'll hit me mates with that one! :laugh:

I don't think that vote was genuine! I speak to many bluenoses and I haven't spoke to one who has wanted to go to Kirby! They agree with the financial side of it but said they'd not be voting in favour!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #15: Aug 26, 2007 04:47:23 pm
      Where the hell have I been all weekend!

Hilarious news.  Thoroughly impressed with the 70% response rate to the ballot - really didn't think that many of them could read and write - well done.

Some advice to Evertonians (as you make your weekly trek out of the city of Liverpool). Kirkby is in the East.  When the Sun rises of a morning head in that direction.  If you walk fast enough you may just get there in time for kick off.

The official campaign to bulldoze Goodison can begin in earnest.

Quick Reply