Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Henry, Werner and Ayre: On LFC TV

Read 23153 times
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Re: Henry, Werner and Ayre: On LFC TV
      Reply #253: Dec 16, 2010 07:39:55 am

I'll refer back to Blackburn. We don't want owners coming in willy Nolly and swinging the axe. They have done an admirable job of keeping the core of the back room together and building on that. For me, that was essential - getting a sound footing in the back room and establishing a team ethic unlike H&G.

That will translate to the team very soon.

For people who don't stop reminding us about how long they have supported this club ('Blah blah I've supported this club for 20/30/40 years blah blah') how do you sit back and criticise these people who are doing things like the old days? We see no squabbles anymore, no dirt through the media, no alarms being raised and yet you people are so unhappy with the owners all because they don't sack Woy.

Woy will be gone soon, we will move on and we will improve. After all those decades following the clubs, I would of thought it'd be very easily remembered that in the end this is how we always did business off the pitch and it never did us any harm.

Right now I fail to see how they have done anything to deserve being lambasted on the forum.

- Remove former regime
      - Clear all crippling debt
      - Get rid of Purslow
      - Get football men in making football decisions
      - Prepare the club for a new ethos on business

Right now, that is all they could of achieved in the very short amount of time they have been here and they have done so with aplomb.

Now the only concerns being aired are their investment in players and not sacking Woy. Bit hard to buy players when you haven't been in charge of a club during a transfer window. Petty squables coming to surface from supporters in regards to players we are linked with - which Woy, nor NESV, have control over and taking a journalists words as gospel. Since when did LFC listen to trashy journos? It's an agenda and an attempted hypnosis of other fans to join them in their public grudge with the world.
      While you are right about the new owner having done nothing to be lambasted about, basically they have had no time to do anything so we must wait and see what happens.
       You are wrong when you say they "Remove former regime" they had very little to do with getting H and G out
       As for getting "football men in making football decisions" who made the decision before they turned up ? a non football man ?
       So where you are right to point out they have done nothing to be criticised about, please don't credit them with things they had nothing to do with
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #254: Dec 16, 2010 07:49:39 am
        While you are right about the new owner having done nothing to be lambasted about, basically they have had no time to do anything so we must wait and see what happens.
       You are wrong when you say they "Remove former regime" they had very little to do with getting H and G out
       As for getting "football men in making football decisions" who made the decision before they turned up ? a non football man ?
       So where you are right to point out they have done nothing to be criticised about, please don't credit them with things they had nothing to do with

First of all - they put a F***ing bid forward and went through legal hell to get the club. Not many other owners were prepared to go through the crap they did, such is the reasons i believe so many bids failed to materialize. So they definitely played their part in getting rid of the former owners.

Err and yeah, non football men like Purslow were making decisions before they turned up. Were you living under a rock the last year? ???
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #255: Dec 16, 2010 08:06:31 am
      First of all - they put a f**king bid forward and went through legal hell to get the club. Not many other owners were prepared to go through the crap they did, such is the reasons I believe so many bids failed to materialize. So they definitely played their part in getting rid of the former owners.

Err and yeah, non football men like Purslow were making decisions before they turned up. Were you living under a rock the last year? ???
      I would hardly call it legal hell having as the court case was against RBS, they put in a bid a waited that was all
       Point taken about Purslow
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #256: Dec 16, 2010 08:14:49 am
      I would hardly call it legal hell having as the court case was against RBS, they put in a bid a waited that was all
       Point taken about Purslow

Legal hell may be an exaggeration, sorry. But the court case was against the RBS? No it bloody wasn't, it was H&G! Yes, they just waited mostly. But for an organization to put itself out there and go through that is a big step, especially being from another country. I honestly believe the reason others didn't put in bids was for the reason they weren't arsed enough to go through the courts.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #257: Dec 16, 2010 08:29:59 am
      Legal hell may be an exaggeration, sorry. But the court case was against the RBS? No it bloody wasn't, it was H&G! Yes, they just waited mostly. But for an organization to put itself out there and go through that is a big step, especially being from another country. I honestly believe the reason others didn't put in bids was for the reason they weren't arsed enough to go through the courts.
      I just thing that the reason H/G were kicked out was down to there own incompetence, you can credit the new owner for going through the biding process. RBS can take some credit for getting rid of H/G but most of the credit should go down to the two men themselves for being sh*t business men in the States   
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #258: Dec 16, 2010 08:33:08 am
      I just thing that the reason H/G were kicked out was down to there own incompetence, you can credit the new owner for going through the biding process. RBS can take some credit for getting rid of H/G but most of the credit should go down to the two men themselves for being sh*t business men in the States   

Well of course, i think we all agree on that :D Still took a fair bit of a kick to get rid of them finally though!
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #259: Dec 16, 2010 12:10:24 pm
      So we now know Dawson99 is happy with the owners doing sweet fa and happy with Roy as our manager and still hasnt said if he is a friend of bigmick.

not sure he said he's happy with owners doing sweet fa, think he was just saying he's happier with the cancerous bats that were t and g gone thats all.

i'm not happy with roy, the man's clueless and should not be managing the club. but i would understand if the owners are taking a softly softly approach and stabilising the infrastructure before making any big changes. we just don't know what is going on behind closed doors. there's no need to put words in people's mouths and criticise them unfairly :)

if it's up to me, sack the owl now.

Quick Reply