Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

If You Were Manager

Read 4091 times
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Re: If You Were Manager
      Reply #46: Dec 19, 2010 10:28:39 pm
      Attack Attack Attack

Go for it Woy go out in a blaze of glory

otherwise your fu**ed
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #47: Dec 21, 2010 06:52:28 pm
      I'd have Sammy Lee apply the duct tape to my mouth before and  after matches.

Have him also tighten the cords on my straightjacket before standing in the technical area.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,921 posts | 964 
      Reply #48: Dec 21, 2010 09:50:14 pm
      Out:  Kuyt - 7 mil, Babel - 7 mil, Jova - 3 mil, Konch - 3 mil, Poulsen - 2 mil, Skrtel - 5mil,
        * In the summer:  Aqualani (not by choice) - 12 mil, Degen - 1 mil, Darby - 1mil
      Total:  41 Mil

In:  Santon - 8 mil, Marcel Jansen - 7 mil, A Young - 15 mil, Eden Hazard - 20 mil, Lisandro Lopez - 20 mil, Javi Martinez - 15 mil  * Recall Ayala
      Total:  85 Mil

Total Investment:  44 mil

I'd try to do as much of this in the January window as possible for a few reasons:

1.  It would instill confidence in our senior stars (Torres, Gerrard, Reina, etc) that NESV will invest the money required to take us back to the top
      2.  It would give the new lads a chance to gel with the team this season
      3.  It would give some of the younger lads like Shelvey, Pacheco, and Kelly an opportunity to stake a claim for a 1st team spot

Doing this would basically be conceding that we will not make the top 4 this year.  However, it would make a statement that we are building a team to challenge for everything next year!

Most importantly, I'd get rid of Roy, and bring in someone like Hiddink.  I realize he is probably not available, but we need a manager who will set us up to try to win every game we play!

I'd play with a 4-3-3 formation and have us apply pressure high up the pitch as opposed to having us sit deep and play defensive.  I'd have Lucas hold his position right in front of the back line, while Gerrard and Raul play as box-to-box midfielders.  However, I would tell them that only one of them should get forward and join the attack at any given time, so they would need to be aware of where the other one is on the field.  The width would come from the wingers, but would be aided by attacking fullbacks.  In essence, we would be set up very similarly to the way Barca are set up with two ball playing center backs, two attacking fullbacks, a holding midfielder, two creative passing midfielders, two flying wingers, and a finishing center forward. 

Reina
      Johno   Kelly  Agger  Santon
                    Lucas
            Gerrard     Meireles
      Hazard     Torres     Young

The rest of the squad:  Carra, Sotis, Wilson, Ayala, Jansen, Aurelio, Martinez, Shelvey, Cole, Maxi, Lisandro, Pacheco

Depth Chart:
      GK:  Reina, Jones, Hansen
      RB:  Johno, Santon, Kelly
      CB:  Carra, Agger, Sotis, Kelly, Wilson, Ayala
      LB:  Aurelio, Santon, Jansen
      CM:  Javi Martinez, Gerrard, Meireles, Lucas, Shelvey, Spearo
      RM:  Gerrard, Maxi, Hazard, Meireles
      LM:  Young, Hazard, Maxi, Aurelio
      CAM:  Cole, Gerrard, Hazard, Pacheco
      RW:  Young, Hazard, Lisandro, Pacheco
      LW:  Young, Hazard, Lisandro, Pacheco
      ST:  Torres, Ngog, Lisandro
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #49: Dec 22, 2010 12:14:41 am

Roy on the other hand, won't resign, he's in it for the pay off now, which from my understanding will be most likely sooner rather than later, John Henry is not a happy man with our manager over many different things, but its teh results between now & January that will ultimately force John Henry's hand to stick or twist.

You've given me some hope with that Red.  I'm guessing it's something to do with his reluctance to change basically.  Tactics, advice about the opposition and maybe some of his methods.  Am I getting warm?  ;)

Still favour the 4-2-3-1 or 4-1-4-1.  Try Gerrard as the attacking right forward and Cole in the middle.

Quick Reply