Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W11 D8 L2

Cascarino: Hodgson has turned Liverpool into a "bigger-budget Fulham"

Read 22508 times
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Re: Cascarino: Hodgson has turned Liverpool into a "bigger-budget Fulham"
      Reply #161: Dec 19, 2010 10:23:02 pm
      ''No 9 Carlton Cole'' are you trying to piss everyone off for christmas  :'(
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #162: Dec 19, 2010 10:25:03 pm
      What have our so called BIG players won us..... Gerrard apart who's now the wrong side of thirty. Ffs Torres needs a look at himself Reina is a great keeper but has cost us points this season. Carra again on his last legs.

Can anyone say if we got in excess of 50 mil for Torres and it was all invested in the squad it would be a bad thing. Caveat don't f**king say I don't want Roy spending it if a manager you wanted was in charge.......
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #163: Dec 19, 2010 10:25:11 pm
      ''No 9 Carlton Cole'' are you trying to piss everyone off for christmas  :'(

It's the ghost of Christmas future......

It's a joke - I hope!
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #164: Dec 19, 2010 10:27:53 pm
      What have our so called BIG players won us..... Gerrard apart who's now the wrong side of thirty. Ffs Torres needs a look at himself Reina is a great keeper but has cost us points this season. Carra again on his last legs.

Can anyone say if we got in excess of 50 mil for Torres and it was all invested in the squad it would be a bad thing. Caveat don't f**king say I don't want Roy spending it if a manager you wanted was in charge.......

Has Reina cost us points?  I remember the Arsenal game, but hell dude, Clemence and Bruce used to drop the odd clanger.

And Torres, for him to be on fire, he needs constant ammunition.  He is not a target man as Roy seems to think, he wants to be in a flowing pass and move side like in 08-09.  That's when we'll see the best of him.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #165: Dec 19, 2010 11:10:10 pm
      I will let you know in 3 games mate.

Right, okay - so you reckon wins against the mighty Blackpool (A), Wolves (H) and Bolton (H) will be enough for you decide that Danny is right?

Not setting old Roy much of a target really, but hey, if that's the height of expectations - Although, to be fair; you did give Hodgson 3 games before the Utrecht game too ... :-[

I would give him the next 3 games to turn things around, if we fail to win any of them it will be time to call for Dalglish.

... so I guess it's only Blackpool (A) and Wolves (H) then? Phew you could very well end up being vindicated about Roy after all s@int.

To my mind good results in 'the next 3 games', (whichever you decide they may be) were never really going to be much of an indicator of how close Roy is to being the right man. Then again I set my expectations a bit higher than your average Fulham fan. I guess Cascarino maybe right in some instances.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #166: Dec 19, 2010 11:24:03 pm
      Was it last season that we got a "guarantee" we'd get into the top four? the years come so quick these days I lose track of it all.

I see the WUMs have hijacked another thread.  :roll:

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #167: Dec 19, 2010 11:40:47 pm
      Then again I set my expectations a bit higher than your average Fulham fan. I guess Cascarino maybe right in some instances.

I set my expectations high too, regardless of who the manager is we should be able to challenge for the top four with this squad. If we can't or don't, then the manager regardless of who he is has failed and should be moved on. It's all about consistency really, expectations don't change depending on who is in charge, not for me anyway.   
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,912 posts | 8428 
      Reply #168: Dec 19, 2010 11:56:25 pm
      I see the WUMs have hijacked another thread.  :roll:

And got a fairly logical explanation for it!!!

Right, okay - so you reckon wins against the mighty Blackpool (A), Wolves (H) and Bolton (H) will be enough for you decide that Danny is right?

Why is anyone taking any notice of Danny Murphy? I stopped taking notice of that wool when he was sent back to Crewe by Houllier for being a pisshead.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #169: Dec 20, 2010 12:26:17 am
      Its where we finish in the summer that counts .... not where we are halfway through the season . We win our next 3 LEAGUE games (for the hard of understanding) and he will have done what was expected of any Liverpool team in those 3 games, he doesn't and he will have shown that he is probably either never going to come good or that it would take longer than we can afford.

That doesn't mean I believe it proves anything, just that I WILL GIVE HIM MORE TIME if he does.

If at the end of the season he is still with us and hasn't improved on last season he should go. If we get CL and a good cup run I think he will have done well. 

For some people we could win every game till the end of the season and it still wouldn't be enough. 

neilo
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 182 posts |
      Reply #170: Dec 20, 2010 12:38:47 am
      Winning those games at home still wont make him the right man,he wont change his 35year old tactics and wont stop spouting nonsense,he needs to go he is not good enough and there is no reasonable or believable argument that he is,his own cv and behaviour speaks for itself
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #171: Dec 20, 2010 12:48:38 am
      The only thing that will "prove" whoever is our manager is the" right man" is if he wins the League and to do that he is going to need more than half a season mate.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #172: Dec 20, 2010 12:51:16 am
      The only thing that will "prove" whoever is our manager is the" right man" is if he wins the League and to do that he is going to need more than half a season mate.

Well he's not going to win the league this year even if he got another half of season, so why not save ourtself the agony watching his horrendously negative brand of football and F**k him and that cockney c**t Kelly off right now.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #173: Dec 20, 2010 12:53:42 am
      For some people we could win every game till the end of the season and it still wouldn't be enough.  

Now you're starting to get it.

It's not just winning, it's winning the right way.

The Liverpool way.
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #174: Dec 20, 2010 12:57:21 am
      No.
      Youve got it wrong.
      Its not a "second string" squad.
      Or the "reserves".

Hodgson calls them the "Also Rans" remember?
      come on fella its.... "The B Team"
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #175: Dec 20, 2010 01:03:45 am
      Now you're starting to get it.

It's not just winning, it's winning the right way.

The Liverpool way.

I have seen us win the title the Liverpool way, I have seen us win it ugly back in 1973 and I was just as thrilled when we won the title ugly as I was when we won it playing beautiful football under Bob and Kenny. I will take the title ugly rather than wait mate.  
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #176: Dec 20, 2010 03:19:17 am
      Having read this thread and seen all the talk of history, it's a shame that people forget that if you fail to learn from your past mistakes, you're doomed to repeat them.  Hodgson's record, thus far, is akin to Souness' and we all know what befell our club under his leadership.

And as for Evans being our best Premiership manager, in terms of style of play, maybe, but in terms of winning games, the bread & butter for Liverpool managers, he was not even as good as Houllier.

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #177: Dec 20, 2010 08:54:27 am
      Its where we finish in the summer that counts .... not where we are halfway through the season . We win our next 3 LEAGUE games (for the hard of understanding)

Oh my bad. Me no understand.

Maybe if you quit F***ing contradicting yourself fella everyone could understand. Read your posts again - Not F***ing once did you mention 3 LEAGUE games. At least you're consistent in moving the old goalposts. I'll give you another chance to squirm and wriggle clarify your position for all us retards:

To your mind, must we win all 3 LEAGUE games or any of our next 3 LEAGUE games before you afford Roy the luxury of more time?

We win our next 3 LEAGUE games and he will have done what was expected of any Liverpool team in those 3 games, he doesn't and he will have shown that he is probably either never going to come good or that it would take longer than we can afford.

I would give him the next 3 games to turn things around, if we fail to win any of them it will be time to call for Dalglish.

All or any s@int?  >:D
      « Last Edit: Dec 20, 2010 09:06:12 am by bad boy bubby »
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #178: Dec 20, 2010 09:48:32 am
      Even if he did get results in the next three games, the brand of football isn't going to change.  Too deep, no pressure on the ball, too much hoofing, no width and if we do go ahead in games, we try to sit on it like the 'underdog' would.
      Smigger
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 28 posts |
      Reply #179: Dec 20, 2010 09:53:10 am
      Was it last season that we got a "guarantee" we'd get into the top four? the years come so quick these days I lose track of it all.

I remember you from Liverpool Newkit, still trotting out the same bollox on here I see, and your constant digs at benitez ffs.
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #180: Dec 20, 2010 09:58:27 am
      Yea some people don't have any sense. The amount of injuries we had at the start of the season was appalling and that curtailed most of our season.

There was no investment, yet we demanded improvement.

I've come to realise there are a lot of "WUMS" out there. The year we came 2nd we had practically the smallest squad.

Anyway, why do need an idiot convincing us Hodgson is not good enough? I thought Liverpool fans were meant to be intelligent and some of the best fans in football.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #181: Dec 20, 2010 11:02:34 am
      Oh my bad. Me no understand.

Maybe if you quit f**king contradicting yourself fella everyone could understand. Read your posts again - Not f**king once did you mention 3 LEAGUE games. At least you're consistent in moving the old goalposts. I'll give you another chance to squirm and wriggle clarify your position for all us retards:

To your mind, must we win all 3 LEAGUE games or any of our next 3 LEAGUE games before you afford Roy the luxury of more time?

All or any s@int?  >:D

If he doesn't win any one of those games i.e. he has to win all 3 League games (UNLESS ANY ONE OF THOSE GAMES IS CANCELLED DUE TO BAD WEATHER or any other cause such as war, famine or pestilance. In which case I reserve the right to change my mind according to my whim and whimsy)

If I had known I was entering into a written contract of intentions I would have asked my solicitor to peruse the document first mate.

Like the old chestnut that Roy has only won 1 away game this season I took it as read we were talking about League games mate   

Any further questions please contact s@int@Idontgiveafuck.co.uk
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #182: Dec 20, 2010 11:06:05 am
      Even if he did get results in the next three games, the brand of football isn't going to change.  Too deep, no pressure on the ball, too much hoofing, no width and if we do go ahead in games, we try to sit on it like the 'underdog' would.

I will start worrying about the style of football we play once we start winning a few games. At the moment I would just take wins mate. 
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #183: Dec 20, 2010 11:38:22 am
      I will start worrying about the style of football we play once we start winning a few games. At the moment I would just take wins mate. 

Dont you think the "style" of football we are playing is contributing to our current results then....??

Quick Reply