Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W11 D8 L2

Cascarino: Hodgson has turned Liverpool into a "bigger-budget Fulham"

Read 22509 times
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Re: Cascarino: Hodgson has turned Liverpool into a "bigger-budget Fulham"
      Reply #184: Dec 20, 2010 11:55:47 am
      Dont you think the "style" of football we are playing is contributing to our current results then....??

Nah mate bad finishing and poor defending have been the cause of our poor results. See last season for confirmation.

While the change of "style" may have contributed early in the season I don't believe its a valid excuse for the players or manager now. I would agree that tactically we appear to be struggling, as once games start to slip away from us we don't seem to have the necessary means to force them back our way. That could also be down to Gerrards injury, but we STILL need a plan B
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #185: Dec 20, 2010 12:00:23 pm
      If I had known I was entering into a written contract of intentions I would have asked my solicitor to peruse the document first mate.

Why waste money? Any ten year old could have sorted it for you.  :roll:

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #186: Dec 20, 2010 12:04:19 pm
      Why waste money? Any ten year old could have sorted it for you.  :roll:

No mate, any 10 year old could have understood it. :)
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #187: Dec 20, 2010 12:28:58 pm

:D Incredible really.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #188: Dec 20, 2010 12:54:19 pm

I have a question, and I'm not going to use that extremely witty e-mail address you put up earlier in the thread.

Would you care to stop your incessant, constant bickering and get back on topic?

This applies to both you and bigmick - in every thread.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,912 posts | 8429 
      Reply #189: Dec 20, 2010 12:58:20 pm
      If he doesn't win any one of those games i.e. he has to win all 3 League games (UNLESS ANY ONE OF THOSE GAMES IS CANCELLED DUE TO BAD WEATHER or any other cause such as war, famine or pestilance. In which case I reserve the right to change my mind according to my whim and whimsy)

If I had known I was entering into a written contract of intentions I would have asked my solicitor to peruse the document first mate.

Like the old chestnut that Roy has only won 1 away game this season I took it as read we were talking about League games mate  

Any further questions please contact s@int@Idontgiveafuck.co.uk

Why?

Sack the c**t now, F**k giving him three games, get over the Wirral on bended knees and ask the Fat Man to come back and sort this sh*t out.

« Last Edit: Dec 20, 2010 02:58:33 pm by HUYTON RED »
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #190: Dec 20, 2010 12:59:38 pm
      Nah mate bad finishing and poor defending have been the cause of our poor results. See last season for confirmation.

While the change of "style" may have contributed early in the season I don't believe its a valid excuse for the players or manager now. I would agree that tactically we appear to be struggling, as once games start to slip away from us we don't seem to have the necessary means to force them back our way. That could also be down to Gerrards injury, but we STILL need a plan B

Im not bothered about last season. This thread is about the Cas article which I agree with.

If we had created more by attacking more then perhaps our "poor finishing and defending" would not be as crucial as they have been this year.

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,803 posts | 4909 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #191: Dec 20, 2010 02:11:15 pm
      Im not bothered about last season. This thread is about the Cas article which I agree with.

If we had created more by attacking more then perhaps our "poor finishing and defending" would not be as crucial as they have been this year.

THIS ^^^^^
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #192: Dec 20, 2010 02:54:32 pm
      it's true. he has, and won't improve anytime quick
      RedWilly

• 9,141 posts | 1619 
      Reply #193: Dec 20, 2010 03:16:30 pm

Poor finishing? I would say it's more to do with us not creating anything, due to our tactics. We sit back, our defence don't push up to the half way line when we are on the ball, with the midfield constantly occupying the same area of the pitch, leaving a massive gap between our midfield and attack.

Our defence sits on the very edge of our own box, but when we concede possession the defence drops back until they are on top of Reina, and the midfield then occupy the space on the edge of our box. This all leads to it becoming very difficult to break out of defence, which makes it even more difficult for our creative players like Johnson and Gerrard and the player who is most affected by these tactics, Torres to perform. The rest of the team are a bunch of hoof ball merchants apart from Mereiles (sp?) and Lucas.

The midfield is bypassed when we attack because of this, and when we defend everything is so crowded and we are so deep it's very easy for an team that presses us to get a goal.

And that's why Saint, we have been losing, not down to bad finishing, and poor defending. You make it sound like bad luck, it's not bad luck, it's happening because Roy's tactics allow it to.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #194: Dec 21, 2010 06:14:21 am
      look. if you can't admit our tactics have changed (for the worse) and Roy has to go then you actually shouldn't talk about football because you don't know enough about it. end of story
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #195: Dec 21, 2010 08:55:00 am
      Roy is sticking to he tried and tested style of managment that has stood him well for 35 years! We know where we stand with him, so if anyone is happy with him as manager, they must not have high expections for our club.
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #196: Dec 21, 2010 12:24:35 pm
      The worrying thing is he did say in the summer he wanted us to return to 'pass and move', and what we are seeing is 'hoof and run.'
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #197: Dec 21, 2010 02:33:01 pm
      The worrying thing is he did say in the summer he wanted us to return to 'pass and move', and what we are seeing is 'hoof and run.'

Hoof and run.. hahahaha.. (Actually not funny).. I can imagine that written on Woys tactics board at half time...

"now.. wepeat awfter me.. Hoof and wun hoof and wun"..
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #198: Dec 21, 2010 02:40:18 pm
      I thought it was hoof and jump, maybe I'll have to watch closer maybe it is hoof and run :)
      carheex
      • Banned

• 587 posts | -9 
      Reply #199: Dec 21, 2010 04:00:12 pm
      Why the hell did purslime appointed him in the first place?

"At the time" it didn't seem like THAT bad an appointment. Because of our precarious ownership situation and financial brew-ha-ha there would have been few "top drawer" managers prepared to come here. And let's not forget, he was (and currently still is..) the reigning LMA manager of the year as voted for by his peers. He saved Fulham from relegation, took them to their highest league finish and gave them a european final. When you consider all that, it's easy to see why he was appointed - you can hardly blame purslow for being impressed by his CV. However.....   :-(
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,912 posts | 8429 
      Reply #200: Dec 21, 2010 04:06:05 pm
      "At the time" it didn't seem like THAT bad an appointment. Because of our precarious ownership situation and financial brew-ha-ha there would have been few "top drawer" managers prepared to come here. And let's not forget, he was (and currently still is..) the reigning LMA manager of the year as voted for by his peers. He saved Fulham from relegation, took them to their highest league finish and gave them a european final. When you consider all that, it's easy to see why he was appointed - you can hardly blame purslow for being impressed by his CV. However.....   :-(

I would blame Purslow 100% he held a grudge from being made too look a prize c**t by Rafa and his staff, when they found out it was him running off to the press briefing against Rafa. And those peers who voted for Woy, would they be Slur Alex, Fat Sam, Moysie, Colin w**ker. I thought he'd be a bad choice, he was and has been and will drag this club even further into trouble if given more time.
      « Last Edit: Dec 21, 2010 08:39:17 pm by HUYTON RED »
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #201: Dec 21, 2010 04:58:59 pm
      Woy did an admirable job with Fulham, no one can argue that. But he's flopped every time he's gone to a top level club (Blackburn, Inter Milan). His tactics were perfect for Fulham, but not for Liverpool. Purslime is a b***ard.
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #202: Dec 21, 2010 09:40:53 pm
      I thought it was hoof and jump, maybe I'll have to watch closer maybe it is hoof and run :)

I forgot about the jump.  Maybe that's implicit in the run ... or the hoof.  I'm not really sure.  I'm not used to seeing us play this type of sh*te. :)

Quick Reply