Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Cascarino: Hodgson has turned Liverpool into a "bigger-budget Fulham"

Read 22587 times
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Re: Cascarino: Hodgson has turned Liverpool into a "bigger-budget Fulham"
      Reply #23: Dec 17, 2010 03:15:03 pm
      No.
      Youve got it wrong.
      Its not a "second string" squad.
      Or the "reserves".

Hodgson calls them the "Also Rans" remember?
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #24: Dec 17, 2010 03:17:00 pm
      The reason that I refer to Benitez when talking about Roy is it gives perspective. If Roy had taken over the team after we finished 2nd under Rafa and had taken us down to 7th playing the dire football we endured most of last season (and this)that would have been much worse than taking over a team that finished 7th and still has a chance of finishing in the top 4 this season. I don't think anyone is happy at our performances or results so far under Roy, but I DO MAKE ALLOWANCES FOR WHERE WE WERE WHEN HE CAME IN.

If you don't like to acknowledge that we had problems before Roy just shut your eyes and talk about what a bad manager Roy is. If you wish to give balanced opinions the players already at the club and the previous manager who brought most of them to the club have to be taken into account. 
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #25: Dec 17, 2010 03:36:45 pm
       Unlike Daws' (who is a lovely fella, was EXTREMELY pro the last manager till right at the end, bit of an all round ledge) I'm starting to quite like this forum (sorry guys:D). I used to miss Newkit a bit as I'd posted there for years and knew everyone, but not any more.

There's some really good posters on here and I like it.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #26: Dec 17, 2010 03:38:30 pm
       As for Cascarino's criticism of Hodgson, it echos much of what our fans are saying. The fact that he's talked b0ll0cks before (although his book is an excellent read if you ever get a chance) doesn't alter the fact that he's onto something here.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #27: Dec 17, 2010 03:39:39 pm
      Lets say for example if woy won the fa cup or the europa leauge with this current team who do you think credit should go to RB or woy?
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #28: Dec 17, 2010 03:41:59 pm
      The reason that I refer to Benitez when talking about Roy is it gives perspective. If Roy had taken over the team after we finished 2nd under Rafa and had taken us down to 7th playing the dire football we endured most of last season (and this)that would have been much worse than taking over a team that finished 7th and still has a chance of finishing in the top 4 this season. I don't think anyone is happy at our performances or results so far under Roy, but I DO MAKE ALLOWANCES FOR WHERE WE WERE WHEN HE CAME IN.

If you don't like to acknowledge that we had problems before Roy just shut your eyes and talk about what a bad manager Roy is. If you wish to give balanced opinions the players already at the club and the previous manager who brought most of them to the club have to be taken into account.  

Thanks for pointing out how daft we are at LFC REDS and reminding us "this is what we should really be talking about" s@int. To F**k with the actual topic, eh?

The Rafa debate was done to F***ing death before you decided to start posting s@int. Most posters acknowledged (at the F***ing time)  any problems we had with Benitez. Contrary to your patronising assertions; we have plenty of perspective.

Once and for all understand this: we do not want every thread to disintegrate into a row over Benitez. Time and time again you do this and it's F***ing annoying.

On topic: I don't really care about Cascarino or what he says - irrespective of whether it (as in this case) reflects wide-held opinion, or not.

The media worms are starting to turn (as predicted) on Hodgson. TICK F***ing TOCK. ...the sooner the better and no home win (big or small), against the league's worst team (on current form), will be able to hide the fact Hodgson is wrong for us.

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #29: Dec 17, 2010 03:43:07 pm
       Well the credit would go to Hodgson obviously, the same as it's Hodgsons fault if we continue to underperform our capabilities. The team he has taken over haven't won any trophies for years, so clearly if he inspires them to win one he deserves all the plaudits. If the team he had taken over had been all conquering, then obviously some of the credit would go to his predessessor. That's how I see it anyhow.

It's black and white as far as Hodgson is concerned, no excuses for abject failure, no sharing of glory if he gets any.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #30: Dec 17, 2010 03:45:44 pm
       Hey bad boy, chill fella. The bloke is answering a point that weas made about why certain people are referring to certain subjects. He is allowed a reply surely?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #31: Dec 17, 2010 03:51:37 pm
      I can give perspective to Roy without bringing Rafa into it, the perspective is Roy has never won anything of note in any major league, Roy has only managed to win over %50 of the games he's played at any club 3 times in his illustrious 35 year career and one of them was at Inter for 3 games where he won 2 and drew 1. Lets go back to when Roy was first appointed and his claims of returning to the Liverpool way of pass and move football, I'm still yet to see that, leading us to our worst start in 50 years, his outdated primitive tactics and his inability to change things positively when a game is not going our way. Regardless of the squad Roy Inherited he has made signings of his own and the squad is much better than the league table reflects and that comes down to his management. Roy Hodgson was never and never will be thr right man for Liverpool F.C as he is not of the right pedigree to lead a club the stature of Liverpool F.C to its former glories.

Roy is a journey man manager who was hired to steady the ship whilst new owners were found, well new owners are here now so Roy's ship can sail now.

« Last Edit: Dec 17, 2010 03:57:13 pm by RedLFCBlood »
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #32: Dec 17, 2010 03:52:15 pm
      Lets say for example if woy won the fa cup or the europa leauge with this current team who do you think credit should go to RB or woy?
      Anyone who can win a trophy with sh*te tactics and sh*te signings deserves credit for sheer dumb luck.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #33: Dec 17, 2010 04:02:16 pm
      Thanks for pointing out how daft we are at LFC REDS and reminding us "this is what we should really be talking about" s@int. To f**k with the actual topic, eh?

The Rafa debate was done to f**king death before you decided to start posting s@int. Most posters acknowledged (at the f**king time)  any problems we had with Benitez. Contrary to your patronising assertions; we have plenty of perspective.

Once and for all understand this: we do not want every thread to disintegrate into a row over Benitez. Time and time again you do this and it's f**king annoying.

On topic: I don't really care about Cascarino or what he says - irrespective of whether it (as in this case) reflects wide-held opinion, or not.

The media worms are starting to turn (as predicted) on Hodgson. TICK f**king TOCK. ...the sooner the better and no home win (big or small), against the league's worst team (on current form), will be able to hide the fact Hodgson is wrong for us.

No mate, I didn't mention LFC REDS and I am not debating Rafa, just using our position and form before Roy arrived to give perspective to how well/badly he has done.

As for the WUM accusations....... Dawson made over 20,000 posts on newkit (admittedly not all as good as the ones on this thread :) ) I made over 20,000 posts and BigMick made about 8000 (he makes rather long posts). There is no secret why I left newkit, I defended this site and apologised on here because a mod on newkit had been rude to one of your mods. Unfortunately after that my card was marked by the Mods and I was told I would have to ask if I wished to remain on newkit. Further arguments ensued and inevitably led to my eventually asking to have my account deleted.

So try to cut out the WUM accusations and I will try to reference Rafa only when absolutely neccessary

Before that incident I had received no warnings in my 3 years on the site, after that I received quite a few :)

So hardly a WUM     
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #34: Dec 17, 2010 04:04:15 pm
      Same old sh*t from the ex-newkit brigade.  Stuff we've done to death on this forum already, but some very sad, tired old rhetoric from a couple in particular.

As for being on topic, it'll be a trickle, then a flood but unlike when a similar tide turned on H & G, I expect Roy to be portrayed as a victim, who made no mistakes, under impossible pressure.    
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #35: Dec 17, 2010 04:11:53 pm
      Hey bad boy, chill fella. The bloke is answering a point that weas made about why certain people are referring to certain subjects. He is allowed a reply surely?

Yeah and i'm allowed to respond.

The penny should have dropped, by now, that this burning desire to patronise others and reference Benitez at every fart's turn only serves to wind others up. The thread then disintegrates but maybe that's the main objective, eh?

As for chill - i'm as cool as the other side of the pillow.  >:D
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #36: Dec 17, 2010 04:18:02 pm
      So try to cut out the WUM accusations and I will try to reference Rafa only when absolutely neccessary

Sounds good to me; cut out the Rafa references and I will try to call you a WUM only when absolutely necessary.  :angel:
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #37: Dec 17, 2010 04:33:55 pm
      Sounds good to me; cut out the Rafa references and I will try to call you a WUM only when absolutely necessary.  :angel:

and I will continue to be my pleasant self, you naughty boy. :)
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #38: Dec 17, 2010 05:24:32 pm
      Some real beauts after joining this site lately, I had to re read the heading to see what thread I was on, I thought I was in Rafa Benitez Inter Milan manager thread.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #39: Dec 17, 2010 08:21:32 pm
      Whether or not you support Roy Hodgson the fact that some stand up and applaud Tony Cascarino is dreadfully embarassing considering every other day of the week we're rightfully criticising the tw*t.
      number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Reply #40: Dec 17, 2010 08:36:08 pm
      Whether or not you support Roy Hodgson the fact that some stand up and applaud Tony Cascarino is dreadfully embarassing considering every other day of the week we're rightfully criticising the tw*t.

I was about to say it, but well done for saying it earlier.
      All the sudden Toni Cascarino is saint now, isn't he?
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #41: Dec 17, 2010 08:43:08 pm
      No if you read the thread people said for once he is right, he is being applauded for what he said on this occasion
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #42: Dec 17, 2010 09:04:20 pm
      All the sudden Toni Cascarino is saint now, isn't he?

No S@int is a new poster from Newkit I believe :D

Yeh Tony Cascarino is a c**t, but look at what he has said.

Is he wrong ?

RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #43: Dec 17, 2010 09:39:01 pm

Yeh Tony Cascarino is a c**t, but look at what he has said.

Is he wrong ?

No. :mad:
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #44: Dec 17, 2010 09:46:06 pm
      Never thought I'd agree with Cascarino. I do, though. He's 100% correct.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #45: Dec 17, 2010 09:49:28 pm
      No S@int is a new poster from Newkit I believe :D

Nah mate, I left newkit 9 months ago so it's absolutely nothing to do with me, and while I may be a new poster here, I am a LONG TIME Liverpool supporter. I learned a long time ago that its better to make your own mind up rather than follow and celebrate the agenda driven articles of the media. 

I don't need some ex footballer who's views blow with the wind or whoever writes the biggest cheque to guide me.   

Quick Reply