Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Cascarino: Hodgson has turned Liverpool into a "bigger-budget Fulham"

Read 22907 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Cascarino: Hodgson has turned Liverpool into a "bigger-budget Fulham"
      Reply #46: Dec 17, 2010 09:57:40 pm
      Nah mate, I left newkit 9 months ago so it's absolutely nothing to do with me, and while I may be a new poster here, I am a LONG TIME Liverpool supporter. I learned a long time ago that its better to make your own mind up rather than follow and celebrate the agenda driven articles of the media. 

I don't need some ex footballer who's views blow with the wind or whoever writes the biggest cheque to guide me.   

Me neither to be honest fella, but then again I'm just a c**t.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #47: Dec 17, 2010 10:00:01 pm
      Me neither to be honest fella, but then again I'm just a c**t.

:) At least you're useful then mate.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #48: Dec 17, 2010 10:01:08 pm
      He is saying what some of have being saying since June, more and more Liverpool fans have woken up to it and finally the media is starting to ask questions of there pal Roy.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #49: Dec 17, 2010 10:12:40 pm
      Maybe we should take more notice of what a LIVERPOOL PLAYER thinks of Roy.

Ryan Babel happy under Roy Hodgson and wants to stay at Liverpool
      Dec 17 2010 by James Pearce, Liverpool Echo

RYAN BABEL insists he’s enjoying life under Roy Hodgson and is keen to stay at Anfield.

The Dutchman has struggled to nail down a starting spot since arriving on a £11.25m deal from Ajax in 2007 and didn’t see eye to eye with former boss Rafa Benitez.

Babel has been frequently linked with a move elsewhere but having forced his way into Hodgson’s plans he’s got no desire to seek a new challenge.

“It’s not up to me whether I see my future here, it’s up to Liverpool,” Babel said.

“This is my fourth season so it’s up to them what they do. I have one more year at the end of this season left on my contract and I would like to stay.

“It has been frustrating here as a player, but it’s not changed my loyalty towards the club. It’s more with the manager. The club is fantastic. But if a manager doesn’t like you it’s between you and the manager.

“The club is amazing and there are still a lot of fans who believe in me so that gives me a goal.

“They (Hodgson and Benitez) are different. The current manager does things differently, and maybe that suits me better.

“When he arrived he was closer with the team, talking to players, and maybe that gives the players a boost to respond better.

“He’s more involved day to day with the players. He does things differently. Under Rafa the assistant managers took a lot of responsibility but that is different now.

“I hope this country hasn’t seen the best of me yet. The maximum number of games I’ve played in a row is four and it’s difficult for any player to find consistency if you’re not playing every week.”

Benitez used Babel mainly as a winger but under Hodgson he has had the chance to play in his favoured position as a striker.

“I think first of all I’m just enjoying the opportunity to play and I am trying to make the most of it,” he added.

“But that position suits me a bit better because you can use most of your energy up front. Maybe on the wing you have to defend a bit more and maybe that suits me less.

“The striker role, together with someone else, is pretty good for me.”

Babel expected to start Wednesday’s Europa League game against Utrecht alongside Fernando Torres and was surprised when Hodgson went back on his decision to play the Spaniard.

“I only found Fernando wasn’t playing an hour before the game,” Babel said.

“The day before the game we were working together. I’ve never played up front with Fernando and I was looking forward to it but maybe the manager wanted to give him some rest.” 

I think that article has probably just sealed your fate Ryan
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #50: Dec 17, 2010 10:14:54 pm
      He is saying what some of have being saying since June, more and more Liverpool fans have woken up to it and finally the media is starting to ask questions of there pal Roy.

Some of us had Roy figured out when he was first linked let alone confirmed as manager and we even said then excatly how it would work out, I'm thinkin of becoming a fortune teller or a Pyschic, infact any one got Derek Achora's number :D
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #51: Dec 17, 2010 10:17:04 pm

Nah I'll stick to my own opinion, other than a fuckwit who's rap and twitter career is more important to him than his Liverpool one. :D
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #52: Dec 17, 2010 10:19:19 pm
      Oh we should listen to Ryan because Hodgson is playing him more is it, do you really honestly think a current Liverpool player is going to come and give there honest opinion on Roy to the media, really now.

Ya Red I wonder how people think we got it right what would happen agree they must think we can see the future. Amazing what you can pick up from watching his teams and properly analysing his record for yourself.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #53: Dec 17, 2010 10:25:05 pm
      I don't know one person who was overjoyed when Roy became our manager. I think the best anyone hoped for from him was that he would help sell the club, steady the ship, fight for a CL spot and a good cup run. Be here for a season until our new owners got their feet under the table and disappear gracefully when we appointed a new manager in the summer to build the club back up and take it to the next level.

Up to now he hasn't managed as well as I hoped and worse than I feared. But there is still time and will be until he is moved on. 
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #54: Dec 17, 2010 10:26:56 pm
      He will do more damage than good if he is left at the club especially if he has any F***ing say in transfers in January
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #55: Dec 17, 2010 10:28:05 pm

how about no!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #56: Dec 17, 2010 10:32:18 pm
      Can't say I listen or read a lot from Cascarino.

But if I was writing an article on Hodgson's Liverpool it would probably be uncannily like his article.

What he says, regrettably, is very true.
      Kop_it
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 373 posts | 13 
      Reply #57: Dec 17, 2010 10:34:54 pm
      If you wanna do that, take a look at other Liverpool players.

Get a much clear picture of why they want Hodgson in or out.

Look at Agger for example. Fustrated, and why? We all know why.

Take Carra and Gerrard. They dont mind Roy, but why? Roy makes players bigger than the club.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #58: Dec 17, 2010 10:38:46 pm
      Just a pity it took so long for anyone to say it about Rafa as well eh!

We have a winner.  You were the first one to mention Rafa in a thread with nothing to do with him.

You're now in the lead 1-0-0.

Give it a rest now. 
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #59: Dec 17, 2010 10:38:54 pm
      Ryan Babel is probably happy because he can do as he F***ing pleases without any consequences under Roy.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #60: Dec 17, 2010 10:42:48 pm
      F**k offHodgson you ssilly fuvk!!

We get rid of Tom and George and then Roy enters the building and tries to further F**k us up!!!

F**k OFF!!

Anyone at Fulham game PLEASE keep chanting ROY OUT!!!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #61: Dec 17, 2010 10:44:10 pm
      If you wanna do that, take a look at other Liverpool players.

Get a much clear picture of why they want Hodgson in or out.

Look at Agger for example. Fustrated, and why? We all know why.

Take Carra and Gerrard. They dont mind Roy, but why? Roy makes players bigger than the club.

Or we could just have a look at Roy's managerial record throughout his career, recoil in horror at some of his signings, cry in disappointment whilst recollecting of the football we have thus far witnessed and then look at the league table whilst remembering this man has led us to our worst start in half century, then draw our own conclusions. :D

Roy Hodgson to me is Hicks & Gillett having the last laugh and until he is removed their laughter will continue to haunt me in my sleep.
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #62: Dec 17, 2010 10:49:13 pm
      I was thinking this today :P
      People play a certain brand of football and can get results and still get sacked - Allardyce (not THAT great results but you know what i mean) , and he got sacked
      How can a man not only not get the style of football right but the results as well and still keep his job?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #63: Dec 17, 2010 11:05:13 pm
      Anyone at Fulham game PLEASE keep chanting ROY OUT!!!

That's not going to happen.  And nor should it.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #64: Dec 17, 2010 11:18:36 pm
      Cascarino talks s***e 99% of the time and I don't need him to tell me how poor Roy is but at least it goes against the usual Roy 'love in' in the media.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #65: Dec 17, 2010 11:30:58 pm

Dec 17 2010 by James Pearce, Liverpool Echo

RYAN BABEL insists he’s enjoying life under Roy Hodgson and is keen to stay at Anfield.

The Dutchman has struggled to nail down a starting spot since arriving on a £11.25m deal from Ajax in 2007 and didn’t see eye to eye with former boss Rafa Benitez.

Babel has been frequently linked with a move elsewhere but having forced his way into Hodgson’s plans he’s got no desire to seek a new challenge.

“It’s not up to me whether I see my future here, it’s up to Liverpool,” Babel said.

“This is my fourth season so it’s up to them what they do. I have one more year at the end of this season left on my contract and I would like to stay.

“It has been frustrating here as a player, but it’s not changed my loyalty towards the club. It’s more with the manager. The club is fantastic. But if a manager doesn’t like you it’s between you and the manager.

“The club is amazing and there are still a lot of fans who believe in me so that gives me a goal.

“They (Hodgson and Benitez) are different. The current manager does things differently, and maybe that suits me better.

“When he arrived he was closer with the team, talking to players, and maybe that gives the players a boost to respond better.

“He’s more involved day to day with the players. He does things differently. Under Rafa the assistant managers took a lot of responsibility but that is different now.

“I hope this country hasn’t seen the best of me yet. The maximum number of games I’ve played in a row is four and it’s difficult for any player to find consistency if you’re not playing every week.”

Benitez used Babel mainly as a winger but under Hodgson he has had the chance to play in his favoured position as a striker.

“I think first of all I’m just enjoying the opportunity to play and I am trying to make the most of it,” he added.

“But that position suits me a bit better because you can use most of your energy up front. Maybe on the wing you have to defend a bit more and maybe that suits me less.

“The striker role, together with someone else, is pretty good for me.”

Babel expected to start Wednesday’s Europa League game against Utrecht alongside Fernando Torres and was surprised when Hodgson went back on his decision to play the Spaniard.

“I only found Fernando wasn’t playing an hour before the game,” Babel said.

“The day before the game we were working together. I’ve never played up front with Fernando and I was looking forward to it but maybe the manager wanted to give him some rest.” 

I think that article has probably just sealed your fate Ryan

Unless Ryan has posted it on twitter it's not true!!
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #66: Dec 18, 2010 12:36:39 am
      It's pretty obvious what the players think of Roy.

If I recall, only Gerrard and Carragher have really came out to back him.
      Bozkat
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 124 posts |
      Reply #67: Dec 18, 2010 10:33:21 am
      "Nine away games, one win and six losses is dreadful"

Never thought Cascarino was a particularly good footballer, nothing special and despite the fact that he seems to dislike us, he's hit the nail on the head.

The performances and results speak for themselves.

Hodgson and Liverpool is like kids & larger. They don't mix.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #68: Dec 18, 2010 10:45:38 am
      Like it is said. Our away form is relegation form. With players like these at his disposal, we should at least be better than that.

Quick Reply