Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Cascarino: Hodgson has turned Liverpool into a "bigger-budget Fulham"

Read 22874 times
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,013 posts | 3352 
      Re: Cascarino: Hodgson has turned Liverpool into a "bigger-budget Fulham"
      Reply #69: Dec 18, 2010 10:49:45 am
      What the F**k has Cascarino got to do with Liverpool? F**k all, so shut the F**k up you ex F***ing chav.

We're all aware of what's happening at Anfield, we don't need people with no connection with Liverpool telling us. Especially ex sh*t players like Cascarino.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #70: Dec 18, 2010 11:14:39 am
      What the f**k has Cascarino got to do with Liverpool? F**k all, so shut the f**k up you ex f**king chav.

We're all aware of what's happening at Anfield, we don't need people with no connection with Liverpool telling us. Especially ex sh*t players like Cascarino.

I get what your saying Dun but people with a genuine connection to our club don't seem to be saying anything about our demise right now apart from "give him time".. So ironically we may need a "dick-ed" like Cascarino publicly saying what we all think. *sigh*

Listening to talk sport earlier I noticed opinions are finally starting to change. Its took a while to even get to this stage but i'd still say 75% of pundits are still trying to defend Woy which shows me how much he's looked after by the right people (Ex brit patriotic players/managers+Media).
      Just as Quinny started gather momentum with the opinion that Roy is a caretaker manager, the next topic immediately after was about inpatient fans and foreign managers.
      All that did is put us fans who feel that Woy is flapping in that somewhat fickle category..??  :mad:   
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #71: Dec 18, 2010 12:44:02 pm
      What the F**k has Cascarino got to do with Liverpool? F**k all, so shut the F**k up you ex F***ing chav.

This.

I always feel when other ex players with no connection to our club - especially those involved with media - start throwing their oar in, they're taking the piss. Rubbing it in if you like. I bet you he was buzzing his head off calling us a "bigger budget Fulham"

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,234 posts | 8572 
      Reply #72: Dec 18, 2010 01:49:16 pm

I'd also look at the arseholes that are asking the questions, Cascarino probably wouldn't be arsed commenting on us if someone hadn't of asked the question.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #73: Dec 18, 2010 02:14:57 pm
      I know it's wiki but do we really bother what this kind of bloke says

He also revealed that during his time at Marseille, he and many other of the club's players were injected by club president Bernard Tapie's personal physician with an unknown substance. The physiotherapist at the time insisted the substance was legal and would provide an "adrenaline boost". Cascarino claimed that most players accepted the injections[3] and that "it definitely made a difference: I felt sharper, more energetic, hungrier for the ball". He also later admitted suffering from depression, erectile dysfunction and various forms of schizophrenia.[citation needed] His popularity amongst Marseille fans has been damaged by these revelations.[citation needed]
      Red Kenny
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 384 posts | 13 
      Reply #74: Dec 18, 2010 02:34:18 pm
      I really don't get the point of this thread. So he thinks we're turning into Fulham mark 2, most of us already had reached that opinion without any input from Cascarino thank you.

Let's just remember if was scum like this guy, who were all in favour of us getting shut of our last manager, after one disappointing year. Despite the club not being in a postion to appoint a better one than we already had. Thanks to idiots like this we allowed the hierarcey at the club, to take the decision that has left us in this mess in the first place.

So Tony doesn't think we're any good anymore, what the hell were you expecting you pounce, when we get rid of a class manager, and replace him with someone whose not fit to lace his boots! If these people had brains they'd be dangerous.   
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #75: Dec 18, 2010 03:20:05 pm
      It's pretty obvious what the players think of Roy.

If I recall, only Gerrard and Carragher have really came out to back him.

Obvious ? I don't think so.

People may like to believe that only two players "really" backed Hodgson, but, "really", about all the important players but perhaps Agger and Johnson expressed some public support at some point.

Or at least, Carragher (x2), Gerrard, Skrtel, Reina (x2 or x3), Lucas, Torres, N'Gog, Babel and I may forget some, all had some kind words for Roy, in example Pepe only two days ago.

REINA: FESTIVE PERIOD CRUCIAL FOR REDS

By Carl Markham, Press Association Sport

Liverpool's record-breaking goalkeeper Jose Reina believes the club's top-four chances could well hinge on a successful festive period.

The visit of Fulham on Saturday is the first of three home matches in four fixtures - the other being a Boxing Day trip to Blackpool.

Form at Anfield has masked troubles on the road with 17 of their 22-point tally being secured on home territory.

Since their shock defeat to Blackpool in early October Liverpool, who were today drawn with Sparta Prague in the last 32 of the Europa League, have won four successive Barclays Premier League matches at Anfield.

The Cottagers, Wolves and Bolton all have to travel to Merseyside in the next three weeks and Reina believes they have to take full advantage if they are to close the current nine-point gap to fourth-placed Chelsea.

"We know it's a critical moment in the season. Every year Christmas time is huge," said the Spain international, who on his last Anfield appearance beat Ray Clemence's record in reaching 100 league clean sheets in the fastest time.

"There are 12 points just around the corner for us. They are tough but winnable games so it's a time to get ourselves back on track.

"The top four is realistic - that's realistic to talk about now.

"We have to beat Fulham and let's see how the Christmas period ends, then in January we can see where we're aiming for."

Reina, who will make his 200th Premier League appearance on Saturday, accepts the squad have failed to meet expectations so far this season but insists they still have time to turn things around.

And he has been encouraged by recent displays, even taking into account the performance in last weekend's 3-1 defeat at Newcastle.

"I'm seeing a lot of desire among the staff and players," added the 28-year-old.

"The club has a lot of history and we know we haven't been good enough so far this season.

"We aim and we hope with our daily work to get back to the old days and get higher in the table.

" We have been playing better over the last month.

"We are more into the manager's ideas, we're getting into the philosophy.

"It's now about getting the results as well as the performances and also we have to recognise we badly need to improve, especially away from home."

Manager Roy Hodgson hopes to be able to use their impressive recent home form, which includes a 2-0 victory over then league leaders Chelsea, to build a platform for the remainder of the season.

"We know we have a lot of work to do. We know we want to win more matches and get ourselves higher up the table," said the 63-year-old, who will face the club he left in the summer for the first time tomorrow.

"Luckily our form at Anfield in the Premier League is good and we have won our last four and we have also beaten Napoli (in the Europa League).

"That is five good wins that buoy us and give us some confidence and hope.

"After every defeat managers and players' first intention and hope is to bounce straight back and return to winning ways.

"The opponent does not make it an ideal match but the occasion - we are playing at home against another Premier League team - makes it the ideal opportunity.

"But we know Fulham are a difficult team to beat and we have enormous respect for them."

Of course, it's somehow a part of their job to support their manager and it's always possible to imagine that some have a completely different opinion in private, but so far "Hodgson losing the dressing room" is just assumptions not backed by anything.

I think the thing (problem ?) with Roy is he is a nice guy, everyone close to him rather like and hope to see finally get some honorable results. In this matter I think players aren't really different from all the ex-players or managers including Dalgish, Fowler, Redknapp, Houillier, etc... who only showed good opinions of Hodgson (also liked by a lot of people out of ex-Liverpool players or managers, including some rival ones).

It doesn't mean that players and ex- wouldn't prefer a better manager for Liverpool, but I doubt we'll see any unrest if he stays.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #76: Dec 18, 2010 03:29:45 pm
      Even the bell end that is Cascarino can only come to one conclusion about our manager, this is getting embarrassing.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #77: Dec 18, 2010 03:51:55 pm
      I think the media, pundits, ex players, players and some Managers that feel the need to come out almost daily to defend him are just highlighting the fact he's not doing well enough.

corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #78: Dec 18, 2010 04:03:16 pm
      Cascarino is saying what a lot of us are saying why is he being critised for giving a opinion on our situation especially when it is an opinion supported by 90% of people on here.

What would ye prefered no one to be talking about Roy at all and for him to be left for the 3 years in the job.

There is obviously a media blanket from the London based media in relation to Hodgson and like with our ex owners very few of our ex players seem to want to give an honest opinion on Roy.

So on this occasion Cascarino should be applauded for saying what is right and bringing attention to exactly how bad Hodgson has been.
      Red Kenny
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 384 posts | 13 
      Reply #79: Dec 18, 2010 04:44:45 pm
      Corballyred I made it quite clear, in my post why I am not jumping through hoops, in light of what the halfwit has said. Big deal, he's critised Hodgson for his appalling football, as you say most of us on this forum had already reached that conclusion ourselves. Correct me if I am wrong though, wasn't this guy also leading the Benitez bashing when he was our manager? It's thanks to asses like him, that we ended up paying our best manager in 20 years, to leave and we ended up with the Hodgson.

If only all those who went to war back than, had thought about the situation our club was in at the time. The fact that we had no one on the board who could take a footballing decison and get it right. Hey presto look where it got us.

So sorry if I am not grateful to this ignorant pillack, who like all the rest of them, only ever takes short term views about football. The media have never backed Liverpool anyway, if we have to wait until the rest of them see the light, we'll probably be playing in the Championship anyway. Results as always will decide Hodgson's future, nothing else, least of all them thick pundits who don't know left from bloody right.   
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #80: Dec 18, 2010 04:48:55 pm
      Well the more people that bring it up the better, because I've never seen a manager get such an easy ride in the media. I wonder if he was a foreigner would he be getting such an easy ride.

Ya Cascarino talks sh*t 99.999% of the time but is he wrong in what he said on this occasion.

He seems to have the backing of most of this forum and Rawk as well for what he said. Where are our ex players, very silent aren't they.
      Red Kenny
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 384 posts | 13 
      Reply #81: Dec 18, 2010 04:59:59 pm
      Look you are as frustrated as we all are, I know. But there are two things in this world, which will never change. One is the media will never destroy a person such as Hodgson, because he is English, and they still think that English is best, despite all proof to the contray. Second is if they do, it will only be if one of their "sources" start moaning to them. The art of journalism espeically in football is a dying art sadly.

As for the ex-players, with one or two honourable exceptions, it's the way it's always been. Two many are afraid of losing their privileges, so they will just follow the line of thought, that the club wants them to follow. As I said earlier, results will be this guys undoing, the new owners are not fools.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #82: Dec 18, 2010 05:00:00 pm
      N
      Where are our ex players, very silent aren't they.

Not really, but no one can be arsed posting their articles because it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference what they say  :-

Liverpool Echo

DANNY MURPHY believes Roy Hodgson will guide Liverpool back into the Champions League this season.

The former Reds midfielder, who returns to Anfield with Fulham today, insists his old boss at Craven Cottage is the right man to restore the clubā€™s fortunes.

Liverpool go into the game in ninth place but Murphy is confident Hodgsonā€™s side will swiftly climb the table.

ā€œIf I was a betting man, I would guarantee they are going to finish in the top four,ā€ he said.

ā€œThe club is in a bit of a predicament, but you couldnā€™t ask for a more humble gentleman to deal with that.

ā€œThe dilemma for me came when I was getting calls from people at Liverpool asking me about Roy. I knew I could say nothing and they would still probably employ him.

ā€œBut I was praising him because thatā€™s what he deserves, being honest and knowing that it would probably help them decide he was the right man.

ā€œI didnā€™t want to see him go, but football success generally means that people move on.

ā€œThe great thing for him was that he got to manage one of the great teams in Europe and Liverpool got one of the best coaches around.ā€

Murphy, who made 294 appearances for the Reds between 1997 and 2004, says Hodgson will need time to produce a team capable of challenging for the title.

ā€œI hear positive sounds coming out of the club about him. The people up there donā€™t suffer fools,ā€ he said.

ā€œYou will get a more successful Liverpool there this season, but the fans are realistic at the moment about whatā€™s achievable.

ā€œRoy wants to be a success and success for Liverpool is competing with Manchester United and Chelsea.

ā€œHe might need a bit longer than one season to do that, but he will bring them closer. I donā€™t think the fans expect them to win the Premier League this season - they are more realistic than that
      ā€œI think some stability, getting back into the Champions League and getting extra money in is whatā€™s needed. Roy will do that. Heā€™s a winner.ā€

Fulham go into the game without a win in seven games and the skipper admits they are desperate to end that miserable run.

ā€œOf course there will be some hype around the game because of Roy, but I know what heā€™s like, heā€™s as professional as any manager Iā€™ve ever worked with and heā€™ll be concentrating on getting his team together to try and get three points,ā€ he said.

ā€œLike Roy, weā€™ll purely be concentrating on trying to get some more points on the board from a game against a good Liverpool side who seem to have turned a corner.

ā€œYes, I have some good memories from my time there, but we need a result at the moment, and that will be the only thing on my mind.

ā€œOther than the one disappointing performance against Manchester City there has been plenty to be positive about so we donā€™t fear anybody.ā€

RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #83: Dec 18, 2010 05:02:51 pm
      Corbally, who actually cares what this bloke thinks? He's a F***ing no mark, I don't give a sh*te about what the media say about Roy, because I would like to think that as fans we are capable of making up our own minds, and I would also like to think that our owners don't actually bother following the British media and look at ways to improve Liverpool in ways that are best for us, and not to suit a media agenda.

You seem to just want Hodgson to be slated constantly, about everything. I personally couldn't give a sh*te how easy he gets it in the media, as they are irrelevant.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #84: Dec 18, 2010 05:30:07 pm
      Not all fans are Redwilly, there is some beauts still defending Hodgson not just on here but on calls in on internet sites etc.

Some people really need to be educated and what the Hicks and Gillette saga thought me that there is a large number of so called Liverpool fans completely oblivious to things other than what they read on the papers and what they hear off Andy Gray and co on Sky Sports.

I think Cascarino is a langer on most occasions but on this occasion he was right. The silence from ex players and the London based media is deafening.

Ya saint Danny Murphy is really independent remember him having a bad chip on his shoulder with Rafa.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,013 posts | 3352 
      Reply #85: Dec 18, 2010 06:55:19 pm

I get what your saying Dun but people with a genuine connection to our club don't seem to be saying anything about our demise right now apart from "give him time".. So ironically we may need a "dick-ed" like Cascarino publicly saying what we all think. *sigh*

Listening to talk sport earlier I noticed opinions are finally starting to change. Its took a while to even get to this stage but i'd still say 75% of pundits are still trying to defend Woy which shows me how much he's looked after by the right people (Ex brit patriotic players/managers+Media).
      Just as Quinny started gather momentum with the opinion that Roy is a caretaker manager, the next topic immediately after was about inpatient fans and foreign managers.
      All that did is put us fans who feel that Woy is flapping in that somewhat fickle category..??  :mad:   

Mate, I've said it a million times - I don't want anybody talking about our club in the press other than our current players/manager. They, at the end of the day, are the only ones really qualified to be talking about the current state of Liverpool Football Club. People with no connection with the club are in no position to be talking about us - whether they're praising us or having a go. Let them keep talking about the sh*t clubs they played for, I don't care. I just don't wanna see our name in the press - period.

Also, every fan will form their opinion regardless of pricks like Tony Cascarino telling them what to believe. Isn't that what fans complain about when the press is against us - "stop believing what you read" but now because Cascarino has told us what some want to hear, we're suddenly meant to toss one off for the media? Nah sorry mate, the media are still lying cu*ts and pricks like Cascarino, despite what they say, won't convince me otherwise.
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #86: Dec 18, 2010 06:59:43 pm
      Sorry if I missed a trick here, but who the bloody hell is Cascarino?
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #87: Dec 18, 2010 07:03:41 pm
      Mate, I've said it a million times - I don't want anybody talking about our club in the press other than our current players/manager. They, at the end of the day, are the only ones really qualified to be talking about the current state of Liverpool Football Club. People with no connection with the club are in no position to be talking about us - whether they're praising us or having a go. Let them keep talking about the sh*t clubs they played for, I don't care. I just don't wanna see our name in the press - period.

Also, every fan will form their opinion regardless of pricks like Tony Cascarino telling them what to believe. Isn't that what fans complain about when the press is against us - "stop believing what you read" but now because Cascarino has told us what some want to hear, we're suddenly meant to toss one off for the media? Nah sorry mate, the media are still lying cu*ts and pricks like Cascarino, despite what they say, won't convince me otherwise.

Current players/managers only - are you sure?  The players are so media trained nowadays their answers are insipid & predictable, whilst Hodgson has been awful in front of the media.  As much as you may have distaste for it, football is a topic prevelant in the media, we discuss it everyday on the forum & we discuss a myriad of topics outside of football.  Having articles by people with no involvement with a club, although I'll admit with Cascarino it's a rarity, is a way to expand the issue.  Former & current players are noticeably  'selective' with what words they use.  Half-time against Utrecht, Ian Rush interview being a case in point.

Reading & discussing outsiders opinions isn't a problem, but taking it at face value, like some of the sh*t that Hodgson has spouted this season, would be a problem.  
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,013 posts | 3352 
      Reply #88: Dec 18, 2010 07:03:50 pm

Some sh*t centre forward who played for Chelsea (amongst others) and Ireland a while back.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #89: Dec 18, 2010 07:04:27 pm

Former Irish (ahem) international forward.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #90: Dec 18, 2010 07:04:29 pm

Ex Chelsea/Villa/Celtic player and a few others.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,013 posts | 3352 
      Reply #91: Dec 18, 2010 07:10:18 pm
      Current players/managers only - are you sure?  The players are so media trained nowadays their answers are insipid & predictable, whilst Hodgson has been awful in front of the media.  As much as you may have distaste for it, football is a topic prevelant in the media, we discuss it everyday on the forum & we discuss a myriad of topics outside of football.  Having problems with people with no involvement with a club, although I'll admit with Cascarino it's a rarity, is a way to expand the issuue.  Former & current players are noticeably  'selective' with what words they use.  Half-time against Utrecht, Ian Rush interview being a case in point.

Reading & discussing outsiders opinions isn't a problem, but taking it at face value, like some of the sh*t that Hodgson has spouted this season, would be a problem. 

Yes I am sure about the current players and manager being the only ones I want to read about the current state of affairs at Liverpool. Only they know what's fact and what's fiction. The players may be media trained, they're still more qualified to discuss the club than Tony Cascarino, Phil Thompson or Queen Lizzy. Hodgson may be awful in front of the media, he may be awful full stop, he's still more qualified to talk about what's going on at the club than anybody in the media.

I'm aware football is going to be discussed everywhere and anywhere, still makes no odds to me. I don't wanna see my club being talked about in the media - full stop. Luckily I don't read any papers, listen to any footy phone ins or go searching a great deal for it on the Internet. I, usually, am usually in a cocoon to the media.

Quick Reply