Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Cascarino: Hodgson has turned Liverpool into a "bigger-budget Fulham"

Read 22890 times
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Re: Cascarino: Hodgson has turned Liverpool into a "bigger-budget Fulham"
      Reply #92: Dec 18, 2010 07:18:26 pm
      When a pundit whoever he played for says some correct about the team there is absolute nothing wrong saying he is correct.

We are Liverpool people are going to want to talk about us. If people don't want the media talking about the club they support they should follow some league 2 side.

There is a media black out at the moment by the London based media to protect there mate Hodgson, obvious as day for everyone to see it with Patrick Barclay and Henry Winter leading the charge.

So to have a pundit talking the truth about Hodgson tenure is refreshing.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #93: Dec 18, 2010 07:22:45 pm
      Yes I am sure about the current players and manager being the only ones I want to read about the current state of affairs at Liverpool. Only they know what's fact and what's fiction. The players may be media trained, they're still more qualified to discuss the club than Tony Cascarino, Phil Thompson or Queen Lizzy. Hodgson may be awful in front of the media, he may be awful full stop, he's still more qualified to talk about what's going on at the club than anybody in the media.

I'm aware football is going to be discussed everywhere and anywhere, still makes no odds to me. I don't wanna see my club being talked about in the media - full stop. Luckily I don't read any papers, listen to any footy phone ins or go searching a great deal for it on the Internet. I, usually, am usually in a cocoon to the media.

I don't read papers either & gave up on both 5live & Talksport a while ago. Sometimes though, it tales an outsider to point out a problem, though what is said in Cascarino's article, is one we've been discussing anyway.  Really don't have a problem with it whatsoever.  Read it, took it for what is was & can't really understand the slightly bigoted 'he's not one of us' responses.  Does it matter if he is or not?  Really don't think it does.  Especially as most fans I know take anything in media with a pinch of salt and will do a little research on their own if necessary.
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #94: Dec 18, 2010 07:31:50 pm
      No one to take notice of then! ;D
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #95: Dec 18, 2010 07:37:37 pm
      He is talking the truth but if ye don't  want to take notice entirely up to yourselves
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #96: Dec 18, 2010 07:42:50 pm
      Listen, any idiot could tell us this. It's not about how credible the person saying it, it's what the message is. Let's be honest here, idiots talk sense too...and in this case it's quite obvious that it's happening,
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #97: Dec 18, 2010 07:59:25 pm
      He is talking the truth but if ye don't  want to take notice entirely up to yourselves

Yea fair comment but what's new, he got a book out or something trying to get some attention?
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #98: Dec 18, 2010 08:01:34 pm
      To be honest AJ he is an attention seeker, one plus point about him though, he hates Roy Keane and makes it clear in interviews, he played with Keane.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #99: Dec 18, 2010 08:12:21 pm
      All general comments about Cascarino aside, I'd say he's spot on (if not stating the blatantly obvious).

Whether you like him or not, it's good to see someone in the media who's actually said something accurate with regard to Hodgson's time here. But then it doesn't make a blind bit of difference what the papers think. They're not going to have an effect on John W Henry's decision regarding the matter, and, on the whole, I'd say the majority of our fans can form their own opinions without having pundits spoon feed them. Not all, mind. :f_tongueincheek:

The sh*te that will spill out once he is inevitably relieved of his duties will still come though, with the usual suspects leading the charge. :roll:
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,013 posts | 3352 
      Reply #100: Dec 18, 2010 08:23:46 pm
      When a pundit whoever he played for says some correct about the team there is absolute nothing wrong saying he is correct.

Who says it's correct? You so therefore it's fact? But others, Hodgson's "mates", express their opinion is wrong and the media are lying. That's why the media is bullshit. Both express opinions, but only Cascarino's matters because he's saying what you think. Bollocks, if you're gonna buy into his, buy into the rest of the media bullshit to.

I don't read papers either & gave up on both 5live & Talksport a while ago. Sometimes though, it tales an outsider to point out a problem, though what is said in Cascarino's article, is one we've been discussing anyway.  Really don't have a problem with it whatsoever.  Read it, took it for what is was & can't really understand the slightly bigoted 'he's not one of us' responses.  Does it matter if he is or not?  Really don't think it does.  Especially as most fans I know take anything in media with a pinch of salt and will do a little research on their own if necessary.

He's not one of us, so what does it matter to him what's happening at Liverpool Football Club?
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #101: Dec 18, 2010 08:23:57 pm
      I'm wondering if some of us are more anti media (including ex players) than others.

Since I can remember I've always liked it when we've seen ex players put us down and you can feel the jealousy. But when they're sympathizing with you, it does my F***ing head in and it's a very bad sign. I can see where DLS is coming from and I agree.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,455 posts | 4584 
      Reply #102: Dec 18, 2010 08:33:04 pm
      Why cant 'outsiders' form an opinion of our current manager and the plight we ourselves in regarding our football?

Judging by last years comments in the media and this years comments its ex players and current players and people from within the club that have been detrimental to the club.

Everyone has an agenda.Good or bad.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #103: Dec 18, 2010 08:35:34 pm
      F**k me its like the twighlight Zone. He was spot on its a shame some on here cant stop hiding behind some pathetic loyalty which changes from week to week.
      He is not one of my favourite punters but he is spot on.;
      red-machine
      • Forum Steve Staunton

• 151 posts |
      Reply #104: Dec 18, 2010 08:36:42 pm
      I was thinking this today :P
      People play a certain brand of football and can get results and still get sacked - Allardyce (not THAT great results but you know what I mean) , and he got sacked

Exactly look at Chris at Newcastle too, they were newly promoted and in a better position than us and he got the sack.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,013 posts | 3352 
      Reply #105: Dec 18, 2010 08:36:44 pm
      Judging by last years comments in the media and this years comments its ex players and current players and people from within the club that have been detrimental to the club.

In your opinion, in their opinion they were doing/saying for the good of the club. Which is why the media is bullshit and people believe the only ones that should be allowed to voice their opinion are ones who agree with what they're saying. Whereas if the entire media shut the F**k up about the club, this debate wouldn't exist.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,013 posts | 3352 
      Reply #106: Dec 18, 2010 08:38:22 pm
      F**k me its like the twighlight Zone. He was spot on its a shame some on here cant stop hiding behind some pathetic loyalty which changes from week to week.
      He is not one of my favourite punters but he is spot on.;

In your opinion. In other people's opinions he'll be wrong. Same way in your opinion, some other pressmen are wrong and therefore on a crusade against Liverpool Football Club but their opinion will be shared by others who think they also are right.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #107: Dec 18, 2010 08:42:14 pm
      Hang on whilst I get my little book of LFC facts.
      I dont listen to pressmen I am believe it or not able to make up my own opinion and I think for an outsider he made some very salient points .its a pity so called Liverpool supporters cant see past then end of their noses.
      history will judge this man to have been a destuctive force.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #108: Dec 18, 2010 08:43:36 pm
      BUt in your opinion other people can't have opinion, because of your opinion that you can only have an opinion if you a current player/manager.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #109: Dec 18, 2010 08:46:31 pm
      BUt in your opinion other people can't have opinion, because of your opinion that you can only have an opinion if you a current player/manager.
      you do talk utter sh*te lad.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,455 posts | 4584 
      Reply #110: Dec 18, 2010 08:46:51 pm
      In your opinion, in their opinion they were doing/saying for the good of the club. Which is why the media is bullshit and people believe the only ones that should be allowed to voice their opinion are ones who agree with what they're saying. Whereas if the entire media shut the f**k up about the club, this debate wouldn't exist.

My opinion is that ex players,current players,people from within and the anti foreign media had it in for our previous manager and that he was undermimed by the lot.

Now we have someone who is not attached to the club making a point about our current manager and people get the hump saying it does not matter what he thinks because the media is bullshit,well if that was or is the case then why do some agree that comments levelled at our previous manager were right to do so for the better of the club.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #111: Dec 18, 2010 08:47:12 pm
      Cascarino is spot about Roy turning us into Fulham, much like Souness tried to model us on the sucessful Rangers team he managed. Didn't work that time either because we are Liverpool, and the Liverpool way is the only one that works for us.

But at least Rangers were a sucessful team, Fulham on the other hand........
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #112: Dec 18, 2010 08:51:47 pm
      Beware of talking the truth  orchard.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #113: Dec 18, 2010 08:53:56 pm

Wasn't aimed at you Walton, it was aimed at a previous post earlier in the thread.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #114: Dec 18, 2010 08:57:05 pm
      apologise.

Quick Reply