Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

"old" Anfield

Read 19828 times
      jakkeo
      • Forum Kevin Keegan
      • Started Topic

• 342 posts |
      "old" Anfield
      Jul 23, 2007 07:08:25 pm
      sorry if this is in the wrong place.

what is going to happen with anfield once we move into our new ground? is it going to be knocked down?

if it is how emotional would you all be?

ill probably cry like a baby  ;D
      wellboy
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 85 posts |
      Re: "old" Anfield
      Reply #1: Jul 27, 2007 12:55:30 pm
      I saw Tom Hicks saying that he wanted to leave the playing surface to be left there even when the stadium is knocked down. Man seems to be true to his word so far. Arent we lucky we have him and not Glazier.
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Reply #2: Jul 28, 2007 06:53:07 pm
      that wont happen, everyone will be down with their spades at night.

bit of anfield in the backgarden would do nicely for me  ;)
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #3: Aug 11, 2007 09:17:54 pm
      The enitre area where the stadium and the derelict houses are behind is to be developed isn't it?
      scouse9999
      • Forum Youth Player

• 11 posts |
      Reply #4: Jan 03, 2008 04:05:28 pm
      we have to put a park there
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #5: Jan 26, 2008 08:39:53 am
      A good name maybe AN(other)FIELD ? :)
      Hysén007
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 53 posts |
      Reply #6: Jan 26, 2008 09:46:32 am
      When the gunners left Highbury the fans where able to by a little bit of the pitch, would be a great way to remeber it back home in the garden ;)
      MsGerrard
      Reply #7: Jan 27, 2008 01:23:28 am
      When the gunners left Highbury the fans where able to by a little bit of the pitch, would be a great way to remeber it back home in the garden ;)

When they made the kop into all seater.....you could buy a bit of the kop, I have a nice piece in my cupboard :D
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #8: Jan 27, 2008 10:28:57 pm
      I want Parry's seat when they sell the old Anfield bit by bit.

Will put Parry's seat by my bedroom window... and it will be sunny every day.

Why?

Because surely the sun shines from his arse, how the hell can you explain this fiasco and him still being in a job?
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #9: Jan 28, 2008 12:22:05 am
      I'll take Foster Gillett's.

It's hardly used so will be the most pristine seat in the ground.
      CapnEvil
      • Forum Youth Player

• 20 posts |
      Reply #10: Jan 28, 2008 03:47:47 am
      I went to Anfield in the fall.  Had to see it before the new place.  There's too much history there.  They need to preserve it.  Maybe make it the museum and use the pitch for a football school.  Eitherway, it's a shame to get rid of it.
      Troffy
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 312 posts | -55 
      Reply #11: Jan 29, 2008 12:45:15 pm
      that wont happen, everyone will be down with their spades at night.

bit of anfield in the backgarden would do nicely for me  ;)

You can't do that....too many people have had their ashes scattered there.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #12: Jan 29, 2008 12:59:00 pm
      This may sound stupid, but with the Pitch being relayed each year, then there can not be many ashes from over the years still there? Sorry if I've upset anyone, but just a thought
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #13: Jan 29, 2008 01:13:10 pm
      very true Redpuppy, but i do think even that wouldn't stop people as they would only ever think of it as halloewd turf no matter how many times  it's been relaid !
      TomiiTorres
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      • Part of the LFC Foundation Association
      Reply #14: May 26, 2008 11:53:37 am
      They will keep the old Anfield up and use it as a place for concerts like they did with ricky hatton at the city of manchester stadium.
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #15: Jun 08, 2008 07:23:47 am
      They shouldn't knock it down.
      It's a great stadium and should be used for a musem? reserves ground? training ground?
      soemthing.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #16: Jun 08, 2008 11:15:07 am
      The size of the stands should be reduced to a level of about 12 thousand and then it should be used for the reserves as they need a home, and all the finals in the Liverpool and district leagues at seasons end could use it from the kids to the pensioners including Men's and Ladies Finals. One day you may be walking past the old ground with your Grandchildren and you may say I saw some great Europeon nights in Anfeild son, ah those were the days....
      Torresinho
      • Forum Youth Player

• 17 posts |
      Reply #17: Jun 15, 2008 06:58:45 pm
      It would be great if they knock down some of the stands or make them smaller and keep the Kop there... The Liverpool team can practice there? Not Melwood? Or maybe a place for Reserves to play their game... But I heard they're destroying it to make it into a plaza..
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #18: Jun 17, 2008 05:02:27 pm
      The size of the stands should be reduced to a level of about 12 thousand and then it should be used for the reserves as they need a home, and all the finals in the Liverpool and district leagues at seasons end could use it from the kids to the pensioners including Men's and Ladies Finals. One day you may be walking past the old ground with your Grandchildren and you may say I saw some great Europeon nights in Anfeild son, ah those were the days....

But then he'd say "we won the prem, CL and FA cup 12 years in a row grandad, these are the days" :D
      ste_macca
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,175 posts | 22 
      Reply #19: Jun 22, 2008 01:09:33 am
      Hope they at least keep the pitch there, maybe use it as a walk through for fans on the way to the new ground, it could be like a hallowed walk as you make your way over the hallowed turf, through the Shankly gates then look up and theres our new shiny stadium.
      Shandaman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 611 posts |
      Reply #20: Jun 24, 2008 11:27:42 am
      Why cant anfield be renovated and made bigger to accomodate more seats.Anfield is a fortress and i would be deeply heart broken if it gets knocked down as it is the home of liverpool fc.Its got so much history behind,lets keep it standing for centuries to come.

Shandaman(south africa)
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #21: Jun 24, 2008 11:36:14 am
      Hey Shandaman welcome to the forum. :)

I think it's highly unlikely that we will keep Anfield and make it bigger, but would like to think it could be turned into something for the local community.  I get the feeling we have agreed to sell it to a developer already though as land over here is being sold up to make posh apartment blocks like no ones business, it's a shame but a harsh reality.
      Shandaman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 611 posts |
      Reply #22: Jun 24, 2008 11:57:47 am
      Hey Shandaman welcome to the forum. :)

I think it's highly unlikely that we will keep Anfield and make it bigger, but would like to think it could be turned into something for the local community.  I get the feeling we have agreed to sell it to a developer already though as land over here is being sold up to make posh apartment blocks like no ones business, it's a shame but a harsh reality.
      Thats just not right.Come on liverpool supporters in the UK get together and tie yourself to Anfield,no bulldozer would drive over you.

Shandaman(South Africa)

I really hope 1 of these days that stevie G and the boys come play a friendly soccer match here in South Africa
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #23: Jun 26, 2008 12:33:31 am
      i am starting a team up a bit like afc liverpool, but this team will be called liverpool koppites, they will play all of their games at anfield (old stadium), in one of the lower leagues and steadily climb the leagues until they are liverpools third team, will play in all red, follow the shankly blueprint (pass and move), will be owned and run by the fans, and will never sell out to any foreign consortium.

this would be good and keep the stadium running and get big crowds simply because its anfield....... ha ha... i know some talented players in huyton and west derby

what you all think... any more ideas
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8461 
      Reply #24: May 29, 2009 09:17:07 am
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #25: May 29, 2009 10:24:23 pm
      ^^^^

Wow check out the size of the Souvenir shop  :o
      scottish lfc fan
      • Forum John Toshack

• 271 posts | -4 
      Reply #26: Jun 29, 2009 07:51:12 pm
      we could stay at old anfield ? as the houses behind the main stand are coming down but nothen are planed for it lfc could buy thay houses knocked down the main stand and move the stand right back ie where the houses are fill in the corners of main stand to the kop and main to anfiled road also behind anfield road the could build up as then road behind anfield road stand would be under the stand just like at celtic park then they can turn the park round so the goal posts would be at the main stand and centenety stand ?
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #27: Jun 29, 2009 11:17:23 pm

When's that from HR? Boss pic that!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8461 
      Reply #28: Jul 04, 2009 06:30:24 pm

Mid-80's I reckon, judging by where the Souvenir Shop and development association is!

I miss the old kop look.
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #29: Jul 04, 2009 07:52:23 pm
      we could stay at old anfield ? as the houses behind the main stand are coming down but nothen are planed for it lfc could buy thay houses knocked down the main stand and move the stand right back ie where the houses are fill in the corners of main stand to the kop and main to anfiled road also behind anfield road the could build up as then road behind anfield road stand would be under the stand just like at celtic park then they can turn the park round so the goal posts would be at the main stand and centenety stand ?
      Some of us have been saying that for years it makes good sense.
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 188 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #30: Jul 05, 2009 10:43:19 am
      It has been good to read the comments on here and I agree and disagree with some,although I would not like to the Anfield I have loved since a kid to be taken down I think it is about time we moved on into the future and a new stadium.We as a club need to think of the fans and future supporters of this great club and a bigger stadium is what we need and require,it saddens me to say this but look at the other clubs in the league and the capacity they have obtained by moving to a new stadium.
      I love Anfield with all my heart but change is a must,we will still have our memories as we do with the great players and managers we have lost but it is time to move on and forward.

BARLARDAR. 
      scottish lfc fan
      • Forum John Toshack

• 271 posts | -4 
      Reply #31: Jul 05, 2009 11:35:05 am
      Am half and half about new and old Anfield i want a new big stadium as more chance of getting tickets and also just having a big stadium like Arsenal and Manchester United on the other hand they could  appy for they house behind the main stand move the stand back then joininig up the corners from anfield road to main stand and the kop to main stand also then they could move the pitch round
      PJMAN
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 852 posts |
      • we ride
      Reply #32: Jul 05, 2009 04:55:03 pm

Just to the left of the development association sign on the corner was the sign: LATE ENTRY TO THE SPION KOP TURNSTILE 21. I have it in my bedroom.
      « Last Edit: Jul 05, 2009 05:00:45 pm by ayrton77, Reason: Fixed quote »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #33: Jul 05, 2009 11:12:01 pm
      Mid-80's I reckon, judging by where the Souvenir Shop and development association is!

I miss the old kop look.

Think it could even be earlier than that because I can't remember it looking like that.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8461 
      Reply #34: Jul 05, 2009 11:17:49 pm
      Think it could even be earlier than that because I can't remember it looking like that.

Was going by the colour of the bus, plus I remember my dad taking me down to get that 86 kit and thats were we went to get it.

So I was going for a combination of both, so anywhere between 84-86 would be my guess.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #35: Oct 02, 2009 02:54:31 pm
      I saw Tom Hicks saying that he wanted to leave the playing surface to be left there even when the stadium is knocked down. Man seems to be true to his word so far. Arent we lucky we have him and not Glazier.

No.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #36: Oct 26, 2009 02:26:33 pm
      wouldn't it be great to make it a remembrance park for Hillsborough

Quick Reply