Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

"old" Anfield

Read 19868 times
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Re: "old" Anfield
      Reply #23: Jun 26, 2008 12:33:31 am
      i am starting a team up a bit like afc liverpool, but this team will be called liverpool koppites, they will play all of their games at anfield (old stadium), in one of the lower leagues and steadily climb the leagues until they are liverpools third team, will play in all red, follow the shankly blueprint (pass and move), will be owned and run by the fans, and will never sell out to any foreign consortium.

this would be good and keep the stadium running and get big crowds simply because its anfield....... ha ha... i know some talented players in huyton and west derby

what you all think... any more ideas
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,152 posts | 8541 
      Reply #24: May 29, 2009 09:17:07 am
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,721 posts | 6707 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #25: May 29, 2009 10:24:23 pm
      ^^^^

Wow check out the size of the Souvenir shop  :o
      scottish lfc fan
      • Forum John Toshack

• 271 posts | -4 
      Reply #26: Jun 29, 2009 07:51:12 pm
      we could stay at old anfield ? as the houses behind the main stand are coming down but nothen are planed for it lfc could buy thay houses knocked down the main stand and move the stand right back ie where the houses are fill in the corners of main stand to the kop and main to anfiled road also behind anfield road the could build up as then road behind anfield road stand would be under the stand just like at celtic park then they can turn the park round so the goal posts would be at the main stand and centenety stand ?
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #27: Jun 29, 2009 11:17:23 pm

When's that from HR? Boss pic that!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,152 posts | 8541 
      Reply #28: Jul 04, 2009 06:30:24 pm

Mid-80's I reckon, judging by where the Souvenir Shop and development association is!

I miss the old kop look.
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #29: Jul 04, 2009 07:52:23 pm
      we could stay at old anfield ? as the houses behind the main stand are coming down but nothen are planed for it lfc could buy thay houses knocked down the main stand and move the stand right back ie where the houses are fill in the corners of main stand to the kop and main to anfiled road also behind anfield road the could build up as then road behind anfield road stand would be under the stand just like at celtic park then they can turn the park round so the goal posts would be at the main stand and centenety stand ?
      Some of us have been saying that for years it makes good sense.
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #30: Jul 05, 2009 10:43:19 am
      It has been good to read the comments on here and I agree and disagree with some,although I would not like to the Anfield I have loved since a kid to be taken down I think it is about time we moved on into the future and a new stadium.We as a club need to think of the fans and future supporters of this great club and a bigger stadium is what we need and require,it saddens me to say this but look at the other clubs in the league and the capacity they have obtained by moving to a new stadium.
      I love Anfield with all my heart but change is a must,we will still have our memories as we do with the great players and managers we have lost but it is time to move on and forward.

BARLARDAR. 
      scottish lfc fan
      • Forum John Toshack

• 271 posts | -4 
      Reply #31: Jul 05, 2009 11:35:05 am
      Am half and half about new and old Anfield i want a new big stadium as more chance of getting tickets and also just having a big stadium like Arsenal and Manchester United on the other hand they could  appy for they house behind the main stand move the stand back then joininig up the corners from anfield road to main stand and the kop to main stand also then they could move the pitch round
      PJMAN
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 852 posts |
      • we ride
      Reply #32: Jul 05, 2009 04:55:03 pm

Just to the left of the development association sign on the corner was the sign: LATE ENTRY TO THE SPION KOP TURNSTILE 21. I have it in my bedroom.
      « Last Edit: Jul 05, 2009 05:00:45 pm by ayrton77, Reason: Fixed quote »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,608 posts | 6930 
      Reply #33: Jul 05, 2009 11:12:01 pm
      Mid-80's I reckon, judging by where the Souvenir Shop and development association is!

I miss the old kop look.

Think it could even be earlier than that because I can't remember it looking like that.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,152 posts | 8541 
      Reply #34: Jul 05, 2009 11:17:49 pm
      Think it could even be earlier than that because I can't remember it looking like that.

Was going by the colour of the bus, plus I remember my dad taking me down to get that 86 kit and thats were we went to get it.

So I was going for a combination of both, so anywhere between 84-86 would be my guess.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #35: Oct 02, 2009 02:54:31 pm
      I saw Tom Hicks saying that he wanted to leave the playing surface to be left there even when the stadium is knocked down. Man seems to be true to his word so far. Arent we lucky we have him and not Glazier.

No.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #36: Oct 26, 2009 02:26:33 pm
      wouldn't it be great to make it a remembrance park for Hillsborough

Quick Reply