Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

Standards dropping on the Official site?

Read 2647 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,655 posts | 6949 
      Standards dropping on the Official site?
      Jul 22, 2007 11:11:44 am
      Not too sure what the official site are playing at..

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/mediawatch/drilldown/MW11608070719-0855.htm

From two days ago. I had emailed them about this but as they have not yet taken it down then they should be publicly shamed. As regards SG - fairly sure the player wouldn't knowingly talk to that paper - this has to be a press conference or similar quote.

EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Re: Standards dropping on the Official site?
      Reply #1: Jul 22, 2007 11:15:44 am
      Absolutely shocking, I can't believe the official site has linked to that rag. It does say at the top that it's a Sky Sports article, and Sky do have a habit of attributing all press releases as having been given directly to the Sun, but still a major oversight. Have e-mailed them myself to express my disgust.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,655 posts | 6949 
      Reply #2: Jul 22, 2007 11:17:19 am
      It's a copy and paste job obviously.  However, still totally unacceptable especially with the resources and staffing the official site has at hand.

I hope it is amended very very soon.
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Reply #3: Jul 22, 2007 01:43:43 pm
      shocked when i read that, surely if whoever works on .tv is told on induction day ( if not a fan of the club ) dont quote the rag
      Cy
      Reply #4: Jul 22, 2007 02:33:33 pm
      It is disturbing this indeed, I would agree with you JD as Gerrard wouldn't talk to that piece of Sh** knowing so...I really hope to see an apology or some kind of mesures taken for Monday. I will e-mailed them too..shocking really..Thanks to bring this to our attention JD..
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #5: Jul 22, 2007 05:37:07 pm
      Absolutely disgraceful,  even though it is a common mistake by not even reading the article.  But ignoring numerous emails promting them to put it right is out of order.  These people are probably on a good payroll and it is their job to make sure everything is in order. 

Gerrard would never talk to the rag,  the cheeky bas**rds.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #6: Jul 22, 2007 06:25:40 pm
      Surely the people behind the website know of many people getting in contact to express their disgust? Don't understand why it hasn't been removed yet.  ???

Does anyone know of this sort of thing happening before? I can't from my experience of reading articles on there. But then it's something that you'd imagine not to happen anyway!

Disgusted.  >:(
      Euro5
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 24 posts |
      • Come On You RED MEN
      Reply #7: Jul 22, 2007 07:13:44 pm
      lets just remind each other who owns sky and the news of the world which is basically the s_n. RUPERT MURCOCK. my advise to everyone is boycott the s_n and sky and everything he's got his dirty little fingers in. im off to virgin
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,655 posts | 6949 
      Reply #8: Jul 22, 2007 08:27:59 pm
      The article has now been on the official website for at least 12 hours since I first saw it - possibly a lot longer if the article quoted is from the 19th July.

I am fairly sure that many users, not just from this site, have emailed the official site but no action has been taken.

I can forgive the initial mistake but after all this time to not change it is pretty much the official LFC website sticking two fingers up to us all.
      Cy
      Reply #9: Jul 22, 2007 10:03:32 pm
      The article has now been on the official website for at least 12 hours since I first saw it - possibly a lot longer if the article quoted is from the 19th July.

I am fairly sure that many users, not just from this site, have emailed the official site but no action has been taken.

I can forgive the initial mistake but after all this time to not change it is pretty much the official LFC website sticking two fingers up to us all.
      Absolutly spot on there JD, I'm also surprise that this hasn't been deal with since the 19th, does that mean that anfield-online become THE official website..surely that sort of thing would never happen in here.

Like I said hopefully on Monday someone from the managerial team over there will deal with this. An apology should also come with it.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #10: Jul 22, 2007 11:16:14 pm
      Absolutly spot on there JD, I'm also surprise that this hasn't been deal with since the 19th, does that mean that anfield-online become THE official website..surely that sort of thing would never happen in here.

Like I said hopefully on Monday someone from the managerial team over there will deal with this. An apology should also come with it.

Spot on Cy, that sort of thing couldn't happen in here, because we all know there's genuine Liverpool fans running it. I'm coming to the conclusion that that's not the case with the official site.
      Hopefully, tomorrow, someone will deal with this, but it will be too late. Should have been dealt with straight away shouldn't it mate.
      I mean, it is actually the "official" Liverpool FC website.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,123 posts | 451 
      Reply #11: Jul 22, 2007 11:36:36 pm
      Its been their for far too long, we demand an apology!
      hound
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 336 posts | -2 
      Reply #12: Jul 23, 2007 12:50:04 pm
      Not too sure what the official site are playing at..

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/mediawatch/drilldown/MW11608070719-0855.htm

From two days ago. I had emailed them about this but as they have not yet taken it down then they should be publicly shamed. As regards SG - fairly sure the player wouldn't knowingly talk to that paper - this has to be a press conference or similar quote.

defo agree with all the above, on a more trivial subject they are so slow to report on anything, its like this tour in asia they have been no pictures on the oficial website at all really - there is seemingly a drop in standards !
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,655 posts | 6949 
      Reply #13: Jul 23, 2007 01:05:26 pm
      It has finally been changed.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #14: Jul 23, 2007 03:27:36 pm
      were was the problem? was it quoted from the sh** cause the link wasnt working for me
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #15: Jul 23, 2007 03:53:03 pm
      were was the problem? was it quoted from the sh** cause the link wasnt working for me

Have a look at JD's first post at the top of this thread.

Can't believe it took them so long to amend it.  >:(

Quick Reply