Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Hodgson's challenge to Kelly and Pacheco

Read 2384 times
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,730 posts |
      Hodgson's challenge to Kelly and Pacheco
      Dec 19, 2010 09:34:33 pm
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Hodgson's challenge to Kelly and Pacheco
      Reply #1: Dec 19, 2010 09:36:43 pm
       Hodgson's challenge to duo

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/hodgson-s-challenge-to-duo

Roy Hodgson has spoken of his delight after two of his most promising talents Martin Kelly and Daniel Pacheco recently signed new contracts that will keep them at Anfield until 2014.

The boss said it was a reward for their work in training and he has now challenged the pair to show they can break into the first-team on a regular basis.

"I'm very pleased with the news," Hodgson told Liverpoolfc.tv.

"I'm also pleased for both the players they've done well with the chances they've been given and they are both working very hard in training.

"When you have got young quality players like them who you have invested time and money in then it's important to keep them at the club - otherwise someone else gets the benefit of the investment you've put in - not only money but terms of your coaching of the players.

"I'm pleased they are staying and it's up to them to really push hard whenever they get a chance and make sure they get into the first team as quickly as possible."

Wish people would post the article and not just the link, boils my piss that, especially when starting a new topic. :D
      Arnie
      • Forum John Toshack

• 249 posts |
      Reply #2: Dec 19, 2010 09:36:57 pm
      Great news. Hope they can both push on into the first team by next season. I'd be inclined to push Glen forwards in January and play Kelly behind him. It's tougher for Dani because of all the competition in his favored places from senior players. He just needs to keep working hard and putting in performances like the one he gave against Utrecht and he should break through sooner rather than later.
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #3: Dec 19, 2010 10:11:01 pm
       :smack:Don't we all know it's fcuk all to with Woy? >:D
      COE2005
      • Forum Youth Player

• 22 posts |
      Reply #4: Dec 19, 2010 10:53:56 pm
      Both players have a lot of potential and i am sure they will play a vital role at LFC for years to come. Let hope they keep progressing the way they currently are !!!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #5: Dec 19, 2010 10:57:04 pm
      Roy

"When you have got young quality players like them who you have invested time and money in then it's important to keep them at the club - otherwise someone else gets the benefit of the investment you've put in - not only money but terms of your coaching of the players.

Changed his tune since he sold Lauri Dalla Valle and Alex Kacaniklic to bring in fooking Konchesky.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #6: Dec 20, 2010 03:17:53 am
      Last time he challenged Pacheco he gave him a game against Northampton, said he wasn't good enough for his first team along with a couple others and we never saw him since very recently.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #7: Dec 20, 2010 06:42:32 am
      Changed his tune since he sold Lauri Dalla Valle and Alex Kacaniklic to bring in fooking Konchesky.

Exactly! Dalla Valle was our most promising young player, and Roy should have seen that. I am inclined to believe that Roy has nothing to do with the new contracts, it is the owners focusing on the future as promised. Good news all the same.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #8: Dec 20, 2010 07:38:55 am
      So Roy has nothing to do with new contracts but is responsible for letting players go, you couldn't make it up haha
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,154 posts | 259 
      Reply #9: Dec 20, 2010 08:02:58 am
      Roy, what benefit you come out chatter time and time again but you yourself not give them enough chance to develop and integrate themselves to the first team, for Dani and Kelly I believe they no need chances to prove anymore ! They already proved that they can play for the first team, it's your job to use your brain to get most benefit from their abilities.

I admitted we cannot say now Dani and Kelly (and other good young boys like Jonjo, Suso, Wilson, Sterling, Spearing etc ) are quality player yet but at least they are good enough as squad player, imho they even better than someone who proved that bad like Konchesky and Poulsen !
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #10: Dec 20, 2010 09:01:28 am
      Watched the Sunday supplement yesterday and one of the presenters came out with this little snippet. " if the gritters didn't grit the roads in Liverpool the fans would blame hodgson" to which the rest of the panel laughed. Because lads with comments on this thread and every F***ing other thread resorting into how can we slag the manager off we are becoming a laughing stock ffs it's embarrassing. There is a thread about Hodgson can we keep threads started to discuss players about the players please thanks.

As for Kelly and Dani they must be happy how they are progressing and their futures or they wouldn't have signed to stay, look forward to watching their progress.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #11: Dec 20, 2010 01:31:47 pm
      Watched the Sunday supplement yesterday and one of the presenters came out with this little snippet. " if the gritters didn't grit the roads in Liverpool the fans would blame hodgson" to which the rest of the panel laughed. Because lads with comments on this thread and every F***ing other thread resorting into how can we slag the manager off we are becoming a laughing stock ffs it's embarrassing. There is a thread about Hodgson can we keep threads started to discuss players about the players please thanks.

F**k them cu*ts, who cares what them shitstirrers actually say, they were slagging us for our constant support of Rafa and now slagging us cos the man brought in to replace Rafa, is an old F***ing joke and probably half them reporters are mates with Roy, so they're just defending their mate.

Me, I just don't watch that sh*t and then I don't have to worry abourt what they're saying.

Plus isn't the presenter still Brian Woolnough? One horrible obnoxious c**t that worked for the s*n.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,944 posts | 5001 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #12: Dec 20, 2010 01:38:29 pm
      I remember Roy promising Dani more playing time only to go back on his word, its hard to believe anything that come from this tossers gob, re- Aquillani, DalleValle, Nemeth to him players not good enough, but Poulsen, Konchevsky are ? ? ?  FF'S, and yet he is pleased that their hard work in training has brought about new contracts, the man is demented.

Matron!!
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #13: Dec 20, 2010 06:10:40 pm
      Hope they get more playing time, especially Kelly as a CB/RB. Pacheco will flourish in a more attacking style once/if we pick that up.

Quick Reply