Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Southampton)

Read 18209 times
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,152 posts | 1284 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Re: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Southampton)
      Reply #69: Jan 24, 2011 10:32:33 am
      I could understand his decision if Roy Hodgson was still in charge but Kenny is in charge now. Arsene Wenger is currently the most likely manager to field youngsters as his track record proves. Kenny is obviously giving youngsters a chance so i think he should consider his decision very carefully. Things are changing at Liverpool, changing for the better.
      craglad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,009 posts | 25 
      Reply #70: Jan 25, 2011 02:41:11 am
      Promising youngster, lightning pace and a decent cross. Already scored a handful of goals.

I wouldn't sell our Suso for £10 million. so to be honest it's a fair price. You can tell with the right guidance the lad will be class. I could imagine him and Suso running rings round teams.

But we need strength in other areas desperately, and have plenty of other options with X amount of a budget. So unless the Yanks go crazy i doubt he'll sign.
      redmau5
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 393 posts |
      Reply #71: Jan 25, 2011 04:19:46 am
      TBH, he looks good for his age.  But I think he is too small.  It would be ok with a couple small players, but we already have them in suso and sterling.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #72: Jan 25, 2011 10:26:27 am
      He should speak to Arshavin before he makes that decision, he knew he'd fu**ed up when he stepped out at Anfield and heard the crowd!

He'll still to this day talk about us LFC fans and Anfield..
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #73: Jan 25, 2011 10:33:33 am
      Leave him off to Arsenal, Wenger will be gone anyway before he is a regular at the club.
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #74: Jan 25, 2011 07:52:15 pm
      Promising youngster, lightning pace and a decent cross. Already scored a handful of goals.

I wouldn't sell our Suso for £10 million. so to be honest it's a fair price. You can tell with the right guidance the lad will be class. I could imagine him and Suso running rings round teams.

But we need strength in other areas desperately, and have plenty of other options with X amount of a budget. So unless the Yanks go crazy I doubt he'll sign.
      In a future 4-2-3-1
      Sterling    Suso   Chamberlain
      But yeh, looks like if anywhere he'll go to Arsenal
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #75: Jun 11, 2011 11:23:13 pm

Published 23:05 11/06/11
      By Simon Mullock

Kenny Dalglish's £80million Liverpool revolution is set to continue with the capture of Southampton whizzkid Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.

The Kop boss has been told by the club's American owners to carry on spending as he looks to build a squad capable of mounting a sustained challenge for the Premier League title next season.

And after missing out to Manchester United in the £16million race to land Phil Jones last week, Dalglish has moved in to beat Arsenal for top teenage winger Oxlade-Chamberlain.

Arsene Wenger was certain that he had secured the 17-year-old winger with a package that could net Southampton up to £12million.

But Liverpool have matched the Gunners' offer and Dalglish believes he has moved into pole position to land the son of former England winger Mark Chamberlain.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Liverpool-transfer-news-Kenny-Dalglish-given-80million-budget-for-Anfield-rebuild-article746388.html
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,203 posts | 2799 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #76: Jun 11, 2011 11:27:22 pm
      Nice to read but hes no Sterling so wouldnt be upset if he went to uncle Arsene
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #77: Jun 12, 2011 11:12:05 am
      According to scott one of the respected ITK on Rawk, the reports are true and we are in for him
      ozziboi7
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts |
      Reply #78: Jun 12, 2011 11:17:40 am
      Would be an awsome future team, Chamberlain on the right, Sterling on the left!  :champ:
      Lfcred92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 972 posts |
      Reply #79: Jun 12, 2011 12:15:14 pm
      would be good to get one over on the gooners aswell, decemt player, big prospect for the future
      LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      • LFC: Europe's finest 5 star establishment
      Reply #80: Jun 12, 2011 12:36:52 pm
      I thought this was all pretty much wrapped up and he was going to Arsenal.

Wondered though seeing as though we hadn't been linked to him yet this summer, when a link would eventually crop up.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,340 posts | 2817 
      Reply #81: Jun 12, 2011 12:42:12 pm
      Speaking to a couple of Southampton mates and they think he's massively over rated.
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Reply #82: Jun 12, 2011 12:47:32 pm
      Speaking to a couple of Southampton mates and they think he's massively over rated.

For me it's nearly impossible to be massively over rated at the age of 17 though
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #83: Jun 12, 2011 01:28:16 pm
      I'm not too sure on the £12m price tag. Henderson had a good season with Sunderland in the Premier League and people whinged and moaned at his price tag of £16m, Chamberlain had a good season with Southampton in League 1 and his price tag is £12m, sorry but that is a joke.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #84: Jun 12, 2011 02:31:45 pm
      I'm not too sure on the £12m price tag. Henderson had a good season with Sunderland in the Premier League and people whinged and moaned at his price tag of £16m, Chamberlain had a good season with Southampton in League 1 and his price tag is £12m, sorry but that is a joke.

The initial deal for Walcott was £12m, a couple of my mates are Saints fans and they say he's better than Walcott was.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #85: Jun 12, 2011 02:57:57 pm
      So he's supposed to be a big player for the future. With a number of Arsenal players seemingly on the move, You have to wonder how long Wenger will be there.
       Is he really that good ? Do we really need him ?  £ 16 mill for a Div 1 player seems a lot, but Kenny knows whats what. If he comes to us fine, if not, don't think i'll be losing any sleep over it. But he might once the arse fall to pieces.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #86: Jun 12, 2011 11:26:36 pm

Liverpool bid for Saints prodigy as Dalglish looks to continue spending

By Sami Mokbel
      Last updated at 11:01 PM on 12th June 2011

Kenny Dalglish will try to convince Southampton wonderkid Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain to turn his back on a move to Arsenal.

Liverpool have entered the £10million race to land the England Under 19 forward in their attempts to lure the brightest young English talent to Merseyside.

Dalglish followed up the £35m signing of Andy Carroll in January with a £20m swoop for Jordan Henderson last week. And the Scot is due to hold talks with  Oxlade-Chamberlain’s representatives in an attempt to persuade them that the 17-year-old’s future is at Anfield.

The teenager looked on course for a move to the Emirates this summer after the Gunners re-opened discussions with Saints.

Sources close to Oxlade-Chamberlain insist the exciting forward favours a move to the Emirates, and his father, former England winger Mark Chamberlain, underlined that by claiming the youngster wanted his move to Arsenal completed as soon as possible.

Arsene Wenger came close to signing the player in January, but the move collapsed due to Saints insisting on a 40 per cent sell-on clause, a demand that remains the main stumbling block for Arsenal. But Liverpool are confident they can negotiate a deal, clearing the path for a move if Dalglish can convince the player that joining Liverpool is in his best interests.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2002846/Liverpool-bid-Alex-Oxlade-Chamberlain.html
      cezar_sl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 612 posts |
      Reply #87: Aug 08, 2011 02:39:45 pm
      cezar_sl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 612 posts |
      Reply #88: Aug 08, 2011 03:28:03 pm
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,920 posts | 964 
      Reply #89: Aug 08, 2011 03:34:11 pm
      Surely this means Nasri will be on his way then.  I can't see Wenger making another winger a priority unless he is planning on losing one....
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,978 posts | 237 
      Reply #90: Aug 08, 2011 04:16:06 pm
      Wenger was saying about signing a quality player last week. So, this is the quality/marqueee signing.  :lmao:
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #91: Aug 08, 2011 05:50:24 pm
      It would appear so, I thought perhaps Mata was on his way the way he was speaking or even feared perhaps Hazard. I know we showed some interest in this lad but I think bringing him in would send the wrong message to Sterling and I hope Raheem turns out to be the better player, every chance in my eyes.

Quick Reply