Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Southampton)

Read 18244 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Southampton)
      Reply #46: Jan 15, 2011 10:40:39 pm

Yeah, but Beckford is 27. This guy is 17.

Just because he plays for Southampton, no doubt due to logistics, you can't say he is going to be sh*t. Completely the wrong way to look at things.

The last 2 big players Southampton let go were Gareth Bale and Theo Walcott, so hope for this lad yet, no?

Whatever, im not going to repeat myself. But trust me he isn't all he cracks up to be put it that way.
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #47: Jan 15, 2011 11:06:15 pm
      I dont get it, why do people think players in lower divisions are going to be the next best thing? There is a massive difference playing in League 1 and the Premiership. Look at Beckford, all that talk about him and he has done jack sh*t, David Nugent done jack sh*t and I would bet money on this guy doing jack sh*t. Dont want sulky players on the training ground either.
      It's a lot different being brought up in a lower league by a lower league club than being brought up in a high class environment of a Premier League team
      But yeh, not sure he's worth the £10m
      We need players to make an impact now not in 5 years, once we're back where we're meant to be we can look to the future again, at the minute we have plenty of our own youth
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #48: Jan 16, 2011 09:31:29 am
      Jonty, you always have to look to the future. You can't put it on hold for 5 years and then say 'Okay, it's future building time'. Chelsea are feeling that right now.

We need talent now, and we need talent for the future.
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #49: Jan 16, 2011 10:35:33 am
      Yeh but for £10m :-[
      We have a 16yr old winger in Sterling, Ince, Amoo, Kelly, Jack Robinson, Coady, Wisdom, Pacheco, Suso, Toni Silva, Shelvey
      Our future is good
      Just think that this and next season we need to be improving the first team and letting our current prospects comethrough before making major major investments in youth
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #50: Jan 16, 2011 12:03:58 pm
      We have a 16yr old winger in Sterling, Ince, Amoo, Kelly, Jack Robinson, Coady, Wisdom, Pacheco, Suso, Toni Silva, Shelvey
      Our future is good
      Just think that this and next season we need to be improving the first team and letting our current prospects comethrough before making major major investments in youth
      Agree here. This is the reason why we haven't produced any player for more than 10 years. We focus on getting young and foreign overrated talents and don't give a f**k on what we have. I'd rather have Warnock than Konchesky right now, I'd rather have Hammill than Maxi or Kuyt on the wing also to be honest.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #51: Jan 16, 2011 12:07:03 pm
      Our future is good
      Add Flannagan to that list.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,620 posts | 3850 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #52: Jan 16, 2011 12:09:23 pm
      If you're good enough it does not matter where you are from. Our best talents in the club right now are both Spanish. They need guidance and help to develop rather than being shipped out too early. We also have quality English players at the club at youth level so drop the foreign player phobia
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #53: Jan 16, 2011 12:13:11 pm
      Never heard of anyone complain about too many promising youth players. Last time i checked, clubs used them in matches and built a legacy - Barcelona.
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #54: Jan 16, 2011 12:26:48 pm
      No, it's not complaining, it's saying we have plenty of top prospects to be bringing through and we don't necessarily need to go splashing massive money on another when that money could be used for a top player to make a 1st team impact now
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,620 posts | 3850 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #55: Jan 16, 2011 12:43:22 pm
      I wasn't referring to you Jonty. You make a good point. We do have a lot of young talent in that area. We can always add to it though. If we dont get him I wont worry about it, but I dont get the negativity towards this type of signing
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #56: Jan 16, 2011 01:18:51 pm
      Yeh i just think there's a strong belief that we need players now and we do have at least enough good young players to do us for 2 years before bringing in the new batch if you like
      I'd be all for him signing, just not at a price which could take half the money away from a deal for say Suarez or Ashley Young
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #57: Jan 21, 2011 10:32:43 am
      Huge news
      This guy is my Dads' mates' nephew, him and his dad went to Liverpool and met with Kenny and Gerreard, we'd told his Dad that he'd get a million pounds in his back pocket and that he'd be in the squad next week, Chamberlain then said yeh but you're not definately gonna be here are you
      Chanberlain has then gone to Arsenal and net Wenger and is more impressed with him
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #58: Jan 21, 2011 11:47:43 am
      Trying to work out the impact of a chant for his name

eg.

Dal-glish.

O-xo.?
      Is the lad getting on the "gravy" train  .......... geddit?

Oh never mind.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #59: Jan 21, 2011 08:42:11 pm
      Huge news
      This guy is my Dads' mates' nephew, him and his dad went to Liverpool and met with Kenny and Gerreard, we'd told his Dad that he'd get a million pounds in his back pocket and that he'd be in the squad next week, Chamberlain then said yeh but you're not definately gonna be here are you
      Chanberlain has then gone to Arsenal and net Wenger and is more impressed with him

So the attention to the youth is his problem?
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #60: Jan 22, 2011 10:15:30 am
      No, the fact Kenny may not be here is his problem, his problem with Arsenal is that he'll just be another Walcott and be another one of Wenger's little projects as at Liverpool he'd been told he will play
      Won't be surprised if Fergie catches wind of this and takes him on a little tour of Carrington
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #61: Jan 22, 2011 11:25:49 am
      So he wants to play for Kenny, but is unsure of his long term future so he has doubts.
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #62: Jan 22, 2011 12:39:13 pm
      Yeah pretty much
      But he also wants to play for Wenger so it's favourable towards them
      Kenny signs a full contract and we're probably on even-ish terms
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #63: Jan 23, 2011 01:53:37 am
      Whatever, im not going to repeat myself. But trust me he isn't all he cracks up to be put it that way.

Hairy muff, not seen anything of him at all tbh, but he obviously has something there.
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #64: Jan 23, 2011 12:43:44 pm
      Reds to miss out on Chamberlain
      Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger will end the chase for the teenager rated the most talented in English football.

Every major Premier League club, including Manchester City, Liverpool and Newcastle United, have been tracking Southampton boy wonder Alex Chamberlain.

But the 17-year-old midfielder visited Arsenal's training ground on Friday, met manager Wenger and will sign a £10million deal after talks with chief executive Ivan Gatzidis on Wednesday.

Only a last-minute offer from City could disrupt the move but Chamberlain, the son of former England winger Mark Chamberlain, and his advisers will choose the club they believe will best help the teenager develop.

Arsenal's record in furthering the careers of England's Theo Walcott - also signed from Southampton as a teenager - and Welsh star Aaron Ramsey is understood to have convinced him.

They have yet to finalise a fee with Southampton but Saints will not stand in Chamberlain's way.

Source: Daily Mail
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #65: Jan 24, 2011 08:30:33 am
      Looks like he could be an Arse player very soon.
      Redmen
      • Forum Ian St John

• 429 posts | 61 
      Reply #66: Jan 24, 2011 09:25:34 am
      Saw his dad on the box saying they want to go to the arse. Your loss son!!
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #67: Jan 24, 2011 10:00:02 am
      His dad saying Arsenal is a more suitable choice for him.

Well, going to miss out playing for the best fans in the world.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #68: Jan 24, 2011 10:21:51 am
      His dad saying Arsenal is a more suitable choice for him.

Well, going to miss out playing for the best fans in the world.
      He should speak to Arshavin before he makes that decision, he knew he'd fu**ed up when he stepped out at Anfield and heard the crowd!

Quick Reply