Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

10 best prospects in world football

Read 33424 times
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Re: 10 best prospects in world football
      Reply #92: Jul 01, 2012 05:22:41 pm
      Uruguays best prospects
      Santiago "el morro" Garcia striker
      Tabare Viudez, playmaker
      Gaston Ramirez, midfielder left
      Abel Hernandez, winger-striker
      Maximiliano Calzada, midfielder
      Diego Polenta, Defender
      Sebastian Coates, Defender
      Maximiliano Pereyra, Midfielder
      Nicolas Lodeiro, Playmaker

Those are the ones that look best right now, and probably youll see most at London Olympics, since they are all U2

Funnily, we could end up with 2 of the ones on this list!
      ste1986
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 62 posts |
      Reply #93: Jul 01, 2012 06:08:05 pm
      Ramirez should arrive. too much smoke on that one without a fire!
      Funnily, we could end up with 2 of the ones on this list!
      anoop
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 651 posts |
      • Liverpool fan till i die !!..
      Reply #94: Jul 01, 2012 06:14:40 pm
      A few who I think will be world beaters in the future:

Javier Pastore
      - He's already a great player at the moment so imagine how good he'll be in a few years. Can play off the striker or in a deeper central-role. However I reckon he's better off the Striker. Has got boss passing for 21 year old.

Sergio Canales - Same as above really. Similar sort of player although I think he'll be better than Pastore.

Eden Hazard - A Liverpool player next season? Hopefully. Atm he plays on the wing although with the right training and guidance he'll probably end up off the front man.

Davide Santon - Versatile player. His main position is right back although he can also play left back, right mid and left mid. Get's forward a lot and will develop into one of the best full backs in the world in a couple of years.

Jordan Henderson - Someone who I really want to see at Liverpool. He's amazing, simple as. Imagine England's WC 2014 midfield consisting of Rodwell, Shelvey and Henderson.

Romelu Lakuku - He's 17 and is so good it's scary. The way he plays is similar to Drogba. Strong, big, etc. Unfortunatley I can see him ending up at Chelsea as a direct replacement for Drogba.

Ganso
      - Very instrumental for Santos. Has created a lot of goals over their and along with Neymar they are probably the two best youngsters for Brazil. I'd imagine Ganso will be playing off Neymar in the next WC for Brazil.

Yes I realize I've mentioned the most obvious ones.  :f_tongueincheek:

Well :)
      Bier
      Reply #95: Jul 22, 2012 04:01:24 am
      Watched the Ajax-Celtic friendly today. Viktor Fischer played and he was the best player on the field, got Man of the Match in his first game with their 1st team, what a talent he is. This should become his breakthrough year at Ajax, he turned 18 last month.

Viktor Fischer
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #96: Jul 22, 2012 04:22:53 pm
      anoop
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 651 posts |
      • Liverpool fan till i die !!..
      Reply #97: Jul 22, 2012 05:20:40 pm
      We signed one player he mentioned in that post
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #98: Jul 22, 2012 06:11:27 pm
      We signed one player he mentioned in that post

And?

aussieredave
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 961 posts |
      Reply #99: Jul 23, 2012 04:47:47 am
      Viktor Fischer reminds me of a young Torres, looks like he is going to be a big time player.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #100: Jul 23, 2012 07:29:16 am
      Fischer was brilliant during the NextGen last season. If you want an early glimpse of some of Europe's best young players (our lads included), you really should make the effort to get to some of these games. 
      Bier
      Reply #101: Jul 23, 2012 05:01:10 pm
      Ajax are in England this week. They're playing against Southampton saturday and Norwich City next tuesday. Should be interesting to see how a kid like Fischer meassures up against those teams. Bunch of those Nextgen players should be part of their squad this season, Davy Klaassen too. It's crazy how many players in their team are from their own academy, makes me wonder if something like that is possible in England too.
      Bier
      Reply #102: Dec 02, 2012 02:56:31 am
      Viktor Fischer having his break through now at Ajax, made an assist and a goal yesterday in their game against PSV. 3 goals and 3 assists in the last 4 league games for them, the only games he's started for them so far and he's cemented his place already.

With a start like that I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up with a Suarez-like goalscoring record at Ajax in the upcoming years.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #103: Dec 02, 2012 07:54:56 pm
      Yeah I saw the highlights of this game, he scored the 3rd goal, right? Was thinking if that was the same Fischer who destroyed LFC in the NextGen thing
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #104: Dec 02, 2012 10:53:35 pm
      A few who I think will be world beaters in the future:

Javier Pastore
      - He's already a great player at the moment so imagine how good he'll be in a few years. Can play off the striker or in a deeper central-role. However I reckon he's better off the Striker. Has got boss passing for 21 year old.

Sergio Canales - Same as above really. Similar sort of player although I think he'll be better than Pastore.

Eden Hazard - A Liverpool player next season? Hopefully. Atm he plays on the wing although with the right training and guidance he'll probably end up off the front man.

Davide Santon - Versatile player. His main position is right back although he can also play left back, right mid and left mid. Get's forward a lot and will develop into one of the best full backs in the world in a couple of years.

Jordan Henderson - Someone who I really want to see at Liverpool. He's amazing, simple as. Imagine England's WC 2014 midfield consisting of Rodwell, Shelvey and Henderson.

Romelu Lakuku - He's 17 and is so good it's scary. The way he plays is similar to Drogba. Strong, big, etc. Unfortunatley I can see him ending up at Chelsea as a direct replacement for Drogba.

Ganso
      - Very instrumental for Santos. Has created a lot of goals over their and along with Neymar they are probably the two best youngsters for Brazil. I'd imagine Ganso will be playing off Neymar in the next WC for Brazil.

Yes I realize I've mentioned the most obvious ones.  :f_tongueincheek:

Those who know ay.
      Bier
      Reply #105: Dec 03, 2012 12:08:17 am
      Yeah I saw the highlights of this game, he scored the 3rd goal, right? Was thinking if that was the same Fischer who destroyed LFC in the NextGen thing

And he made the run that lead to the 2nd goal. Wasn't a perfect game by him, could've and maybe should've scored 2 more goals. But I really like him, more than any of the other current Ajax players. He has presence already at 18, has drive, is confident, fearless, and just arrogant enough. Eriksen kind of misses that.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_npLdyTFPk
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #106: Dec 03, 2012 02:44:17 am
      Seems to be a great young talent.

What about the 20-year-old Feyenoord captain, Stefan de Vrij? He's been linked to LFC recently
      Bier
      Reply #107: Dec 03, 2012 03:29:27 am
      De Vrij is talented. But he's still young, hard to say. Sometimes he looks a bit slow, but he might just look like it because he's tall. He's probably a future central defender for the Dutch national team, not that that says alot.  I'm confident in saying he'll become a good European sub top European player, but the next years will have to show if he can develop into more than that.

Didn't know he was linked to us, but just googled and don't think he's going anywhere soon. He said 2 days ago that he's not interested in moving in january when being asked about our and Chelsea's interest in him. His contract is running out in 2014 but he seems interested in extending.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #108: Dec 03, 2012 12:32:10 pm
      He has presence already at 18, has drive, is confident, fearless, and just arrogant enough. Eriksen kind of misses that.

Lately I've been thinking a lot about how important some dose of arrogance is necessary for a player to succeed. I'm not talking personal life "cleaning my ass with £20 bills" arrogance, but that thrust a player must have in his own ability, the confidence to try different things. I think English football is poor in that aspect, and it's probably rooted in its football culture. How often do you see English youngster trying new dribbling skills, for example? Certainly not often, for fear of being seen as a "circus" show man and not a "real" player. I really believe it cuts down a lot of creativity from players. In Brazil kids are encouraged to try different things, and yes a lot of those players turn out to be all skills no brain and pretty useless, but those who succeed have much more in their repertoire.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #109: Dec 03, 2012 12:33:11 pm
      De Vrij is talented. But he's still young, hard to say. Sometimes he looks a bit slow, but he might just look like it because he's tall. He's probably a future central defender for the Dutch national team, not that that says alot.  I'm confident in saying he'll become a good European sub top European player, but the next years will have to show if he can develop into more than that.

Didn't know he was linked to us, but just googled and don't think he's going anywhere soon. He said 2 days ago that he's not interested in moving in january when being asked about our and Chelsea's interest in him. His contract is running out in 2014 but he seems interested in extending.

Is he good in playing from the back? I would believe so, being a Dutch defender and the apparent interest Rodgers has shown
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,597 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #110: Dec 03, 2012 12:36:25 pm
      I'd sign up Fischer before the Arse move in.
      He was fantastic in last season's NextGen Series.
      If we are gambling on youth then we need to look at players like Fischer.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #111: Dec 03, 2012 12:41:52 pm

He is the perfect player for the FSG model - buying the player before they are worth £30mil.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #112: Dec 03, 2012 12:43:10 pm

Ditto. IF we have the slightest chance of landing Fischer then we have to go for him. You won't find many better players in his age range.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #113: Dec 03, 2012 12:44:36 pm
      Ditto. IF we have the slightest chance of landing Fischer then we have to go for him. You won't find many better players in his age range.

Would need to get a deal done quick for him - still would cost a decent amount though
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,597 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #114: Dec 03, 2012 12:54:00 pm
      Would need to get a deal done quick for him - still would cost a decent amount though

Any money that we might have been thinking about spending on Sturridge I would spend on Fischer.
      Spend the change on back up for Lucas and a striker that is out of contract in the summer.

Quick Reply