Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

10 best prospects in world football

Read 33462 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: 10 best prospects in world football
      Reply #46: Feb 11, 2011 04:17:58 am
      Didn't see that before, Pjanic is a joke. We call him Casper in Lyon, because of his "dense activity" on the pitch... ;D

Must admit to only watching him in the Champions League - don't get any French football here - but he was great last season for Lyon. I'll take your word though :D
      djpailo
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 79 posts |
      Reply #47: Feb 11, 2011 05:01:47 am
      Oh yeah forgot about him. England's midfield looks good in the future.

Walcott, Shelvey, Rodwell, Henderson, Wilshere, Adam Johnson.

I worry about England's future internationally. We have a tendancy to overrate so many of our players its unreal. We have good players, a few are great, Lampard, Gerrard, Rooney etc, but players like Walcott, Young, SWP, Downing. They offer nothing internationally (Walcott scored that hat-trick but just seems to have gone backwards). I hope Wilshere doesn't fall in the same trap.

Henderson has done well for Sunderland but is he really england material or just another English prospect that we are hyping up?

I think Johnson, Wilshere and Rodwell have big chances. I haven't seen enough of Shelvey so it would be unfair to comment on him.
      Neitsab
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 333 posts |
      Reply #48: Feb 11, 2011 08:16:18 am
      Must admit to only watching him in the Champions League - don't get any French football here - but he was great last season for Lyon. I'll take your word though :D
      A big problem in Lyon, some players seem to "choose" their matches. It's the case of Pjanic and Bastos mostly. I mean that in Ligue 1 they are average, but in Champions League they are good, and sometimes very good.

About Hazard, French newspaper of today say that chelsea have contacted him. No offer yet, but he could leave for 25M €.

"CHELSEA WANTS HIM"

bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #49: Feb 11, 2011 08:28:28 am
      God damn i'd be pissed to see Hazard go to them.
      Tim LFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 765 posts | 15 
      Reply #50: Feb 11, 2011 05:30:02 pm
      Hazard wants to go Arsenal, pretty damn certain on that. Chelsea can want all they want but they aren't a club in successfully helping younger talents. Also FFP rules come in and Chelsea's future looks bleak as their reliance on Abromovich will have to come to end and they aren't a financially sustainable club, likewise with City.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #51: Feb 11, 2011 05:36:52 pm
      I worry about England's future internationally. We have a tendancy to overrate so many of our players its unreal. We have good players, a few are great, Lampard, Gerrard, Rooney etc, but players like Walcott, Young, SWP, Downing. They offer nothing internationally (Walcott scored that hat-trick but just seems to have gone backwards). I hope Wilshere doesn't fall in the same trap.

Henderson has done well for Sunderland but is he really england material or just another English prospect that we are hyping up?

I think Johnson, Wilshere and Rodwell have big chances. I haven't seen enough of Shelvey so it would be unfair to comment on him.

Wilshiere will become a class player. 19 years old and has a pass completion rate of over 90%. It's just another top talent that Arsenal have produced. If he was at Liverpool, he probably wouldn't have played a game yet. We never give youngsters a chance!
      Ajax-NL
      • Forum Youth Player

• 20 posts |
      Reply #52: Feb 11, 2011 06:59:58 pm
      Top 10 in the world:

Lukaku (Anderlecht)
      Eriksen (Ajax)
      Pastore (Palermo)
      Van der Wiel (Ajax)
      Jan vertonghen (Ajax)
      Wilshere (Arsenal)
      Rafael (United)
      Alderweireld (Ajax)
      Ebecilio (Ajax)
      Hazard (Lille)

BTW you can forget about Eriksen. The guy is smart and wants to be the best in the world. No way he'll move to Liverpool.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #53: Feb 11, 2011 07:06:49 pm

BTW you can forget about Eriksen. The guy is smart and wants to be the best in the world. No way he'll move to Liverpool.

You said something similar about Suarez. Were you wrong? Yup Suarez is a Liverpool player. Eriksen might move to us considering a couple of Denmark players play at Liverpool and Suarez has arrived. We've been watching him for a while, I think we'll at least try to get him.

Also Suso is a much better prospect then Vertonghen.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #54: Feb 11, 2011 07:07:18 pm
      :D So a member called Ajax-NL lists 5 Ajax players in the 10 best prospects. Interesting.

Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #55: Feb 11, 2011 07:31:06 pm
      Top 10 in the world:

Lukaku (Anderlecht)
      Eriksen (Ajax)
      Pastore (Palermo)
      Van der Wiel (Ajax)
      Jan vertonghen (Ajax)
      Wilshere (Arsenal)
      Rafael (United)
      Alderweireld (Ajax)
      Ebecilio (Ajax)
      Hazard (Lille)

Van der Wiel and Vertonghen are 23 years old, they're hardly prospects. Odd you mention Ebecilio, think he's really average. De Boer wouldn't even consider buying Mertens if Ebecilio is that good. I think right now at Ajax besides Eriksen only Lukoki looks interesting, but he's still really unproven. Completely unrealistic top 10.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #56: Feb 11, 2011 07:44:22 pm
      Top 10 in the world:

Lukaku (Anderlecht)
      Eriksen (Ajax)
      Pastore (Palermo)
      Van der Wiel (Ajax)
      Jan vertonghen (Ajax)
      Wilshere (Arsenal)
      Rafael (United)
      Alderweireld (Ajax)
      Ebecilio (Ajax)
      Hazard (Lille)

Saying someone won't come here because he is smart and wants to be the best? You're a F***ing charmer aren't you.

By the way, you want a Suarez shirt? Can get you one in full glorious red now if you want ;)
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      • Name:Richard-Age:21-Nationality:Welsh
      Reply #57: Feb 11, 2011 07:49:07 pm
      :D So a member called Ajax-NL lists 5 Ajax players in the 10 best prospects. Interesting.

Haha yeah, slightly dubious, granted Ajax have a fantastic youth system and some fantastic prospects, still doubt very much they have 5 of the most promising 10 in the world, specially 23 year olds as Dexter just said, likes of Babel and Lucas for us were basically perceived in a way that at 23 you no longer merit the "prospect" tag.

England have to be careful with their treatment of Wilshere, there's a difference between believing in your players and then pinning your entire hope of winning a competition on their shoulders, as they have done with Rooney twice now.

Definitely think Rafael is a prospect, his ball control, composure and passing is very impressive, a very technically gifted player, there's no question he can defend too, a couple of times now he's been overeager in making careless fouls but that will probably be ironed out with age.

Heard Pastore was annoyed that Palermo placed his valuation at 100 million euros :laugh:.

Hazard has to be very near the top to be one of the best prospects out there IMO.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #58: Feb 11, 2011 08:14:32 pm
      Top 10 in the world:

Lukaku (Anderlecht)
      Eriksen (Ajax)
      Pastore (Palermo)
      Van der Wiel (Ajax)
      Jan vertonghen (Ajax)
      Wilshere (Arsenal)
      Rafael (United)
      Alderweireld (Ajax)
      Ebecilio (Ajax)
      Hazard (Lille)

Surely you mean, "No way he'll stay with Ajax."

Unless you're saying your former star player, Suarez, has no ambition?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,265 posts | 2826 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #59: Feb 11, 2011 08:46:33 pm
      I cant remember what player, Ashley Young I think, said this week that McEachran off Chelsea is the future of English football. Haven't seen him much but surely hes not in the same class as Wilshere?
      LFChrisLFC
      • Forum Ian St John

• 425 posts |
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #60: Feb 15, 2011 08:54:21 pm
      Not sure where to post this, but that Affelay looks good.

http://www.vidyoara.com/izle/176798372351934/ibrahim-afellay-best-goal-on-training
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #61: Feb 15, 2011 09:01:26 pm
      Affelay is 24 years old, hardly a prospect.
      LFChrisLFC
      • Forum Ian St John

• 425 posts |
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #62: Feb 15, 2011 09:07:48 pm
      Affelay is 24 years old, hardly a prospect.

I know, hence why i wasn't sure of where to post it. But he has only just moved to Barca and only played 9 times.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #63: Feb 15, 2011 09:08:56 pm
      Top 10 in the world:

Lukaku (Anderlecht)
      Eriksen (Ajax)
      Pastore (Palermo)
      Van der Wiel (Ajax)
      Jan vertonghen (Ajax)
      Wilshere (Arsenal)
      Rafael (United)
      Alderweireld (Ajax)
      Ebecilio (Ajax)
      Hazard (Lille)

I'll take one from the top and one from the bottom, please Carol.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #64: Feb 16, 2011 11:50:14 am
      Raheem Stirling...
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #65: Feb 16, 2011 12:42:54 pm
      McEachran off Chelsea is the future of English football. Haven't seen him much but surely hes not in the same class as Wilshere?

He's better, in my opinion Brian. I'm sure you'll be seeing and hearing a lot of him mate.
      bedsred
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 144 posts |
      • That's nice, that's McDermott and that's a goal
      Reply #66: Feb 16, 2011 09:55:15 pm
      Andy Carroll

Heard that Liverpool are targeting his comeback against the scum in three weeks
      Vidic must be shiting himself!
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #67: Feb 16, 2011 10:23:25 pm
      McEachran is a class little player, not been in the spotlight like Wilshere has, although I'm sure he'll get his turn.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #68: Feb 16, 2011 10:48:51 pm
      McEachran should get out of Chelsea and move across London to Arsenal. I hope Chelsea make good use of McEachran but I don't have trust in them. He's a talent.

Meanwhile Wilshere was absolutely faultless tonight. He looked immense in a midfield consisting of some of the greatest of all time.

Tomorrow I want to see Raheem Sterling given a run out - and if he does well which he should then the future of English football should be pretty exciting.

Quick Reply