Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Robert Huth (Stoke City)

Read 12145 times
      corballyred
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Re: Robert Huth - Stoke City
      Reply #46: Dec 28, 2010 07:19:48 pm
      Said as well we are only buying players for the starting 11, does that mean we will have a defence containing Konchesky and Huth.

Oh my F***ing days this getting F***ing ridiculous now. I want to ask John Henry why he allowing a manager to blow money on a lad clearly not good enough when he tells us he will be listening to fans who by recent polls 96% of fans want Hodgson gone.

I'm starting to get worried, I don't think NESV could make a more underwhelming first signing.
      Volle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts |
      • Champions 2019/20
      Reply #47: Dec 28, 2010 07:19:48 pm
      I just can't imagine this to happen, is it Comolli ? FSG ? Ah come on Roy !
      corballyred
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #48: Dec 28, 2010 07:30:05 pm
      Supposedly Woy was an admirer of this lad in his Fulham days, I thought these horror signings were gone with the end of the Hicks and Gillette tenure.

F**k me I'm starting to hope we F***ing lose the next few matches to scupper any signings Hodgson may be planning in January.

Simon Clancy is on twitter now saying Hodgson gives out about having to clean up the sh*t after Rafa, imagine the job the next manager will have trying to get rid of the dead wood brought in by Hodgson
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #49: Dec 28, 2010 07:33:22 pm
      Supposedly Woy was an admirer of this lad in his Fulham days, I thought these horror signings were gone with the end of the Hicks and Gillette tenure.

F**k me I'm starting to hope we f**king lose the next few matches to scupper any signings Hodgson may be planning in January.

Simon Clancy is on twitter now saying Hodgson gives out about having to clean up the sh*t after Rafa, imagine the job the next manager will have trying to get rid of the dead wood brought in by Hodgson
      Agree, a tree surgeon for the next manager!
      Volle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts |
      • Champions 2019/20
      Reply #50: Dec 28, 2010 07:35:45 pm
      imagine the job the next manager will have trying to get rid of the dead wood brought in by Hodgson
      It might even scare manager candidates away...
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #51: Dec 28, 2010 07:37:27 pm
      Oh my f**king days this getting f**king ridiculous now. I want to ask John Henry why he allowing a manager to blow money on a lad clearly not good enough when he tells us he will be listening to fans who by recent polls 96% of fans want Hodgson gone.

Agree with your views on the player, but stop talking like if it was a done deal, no need to crucify Roy for something he didn't do, and possibly never intended to.

Not that we don't have many other reasons to crucify him (I want him gone, too), I just find it odd how one day we're laughing at the press (Pepe to United, for example) and the other we're taking their words as the truth.
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #52: Dec 28, 2010 07:41:03 pm
      Huth may or may not think he's due a move to LFC, but apparently he's not on the club's wanted list. Panic over.

- Paul Tomkins
      corballyred
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #53: Dec 28, 2010 07:42:51 pm
      I crucifying him because it is as clear as f**king day he is trying to sign him unless you think a) it is either made up and Simon Clancy and Paul Tomkins are talking sh*t on Twitter and Robert Huth is deluding himself telling Simon Clancy it is happening or b) you think he is a transfer target of Comoli or NESV.

Neither Paul Tomkins or Simon Clancy linked Reina to Utd, it is about who says it Diego, there is a lot of people working in the media some people are more reliable.

Just read Tomkins update, I can chill now. This signing would be scandalous to say the least. Paul Tomkins is the most reliable Liverpool journalist around.
      Volle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts |
      • Champions 2019/20
      Reply #54: Dec 28, 2010 07:56:22 pm
      Last Tomkins update on twitter : Huth may or may not think he's due a move to #LFC, but apparently he's not on the club's wanted list. Panic over.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #55: Dec 28, 2010 08:19:14 pm
      Last Tomkins update on twitter : Huth may or may not think he's due a move to #LFC, but apparently he's not on the club's wanted list. Panic over.

Thank christ for that.

What a completely bewildering signing that would have been.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #56: Dec 28, 2010 08:19:26 pm
      Phew !!!!! Thank god for that.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,153 posts | 2781 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #57: Dec 28, 2010 11:20:30 pm
      Heard off me mate who drinks in a pub near Anfield that this is in fact a story to cover our move for Hazard and Dzeko! We are only chasing Edin's!!

Thinking of growing a moustache what ye think?
      Volle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts |
      • Champions 2019/20
      Reply #58: Dec 28, 2010 11:33:28 pm
      Heard off me mate who drinks in a pub near Anfield that this is in fact a story to cover our move for Hazard and Dzeko! We are only chasing Edin's!!

Thinking of growing a moustache what ye think?
      Nice one  ;) :laugh:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8544 
      Re: Robert Huth (Stoke City)
      Reply #59: Dec 29, 2010 04:58:41 pm
      Twitters going into to Melt Down over this.

Personally I don't think we'll get him, unless Roy is considering letting go Agger or Soto.

All the rumours are that Agger is the one getting binned.

Apparently we've been touting him round clubs trying to get shut.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #60: Dec 29, 2010 05:01:00 pm
      Come on here expecting to see 'Liverpool to tie up Huth deal' or something. Thank F**k!!
      corballyred
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #61: Dec 29, 2010 06:43:38 pm
      If we sign himself and Cole, I'll need to go on medication for depression
      corballyred
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #62: Dec 29, 2010 07:32:12 pm
      Supposedly in a directors box at Anfield tonight, what the F**k is the club becoming. Didn't realise Hodgson could transform us into Fulham so quick.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #63: Dec 29, 2010 08:19:23 pm
      Supposedly in a directors box at Anfield tonight, what the f**k is the club becoming. Didn't realise Hodgson could transform us into Fulham so quick.

Are you F***ing joking?

If this is true NESV and Comoli are a bunch of jokers.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 2811 
      Reply #64: Dec 30, 2010 03:44:56 pm
      Supposedly in a directors box at Anfield tonight, what the f**k is the club becoming. Didn't realise Hodgson could transform us into Fulham so quick.

Apparently that was a load of sh*te.

Only Marveaux was spotted.
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #65: Jan 06, 2011 01:34:36 pm
      Reds make Huth enquiry
      Skysports.com understands Liverpool have made a firm enquiry for Robert Huth.

However, Stoke appear intent on keeping the Germany international.

Huth has played over 20 times for the Potters already this season and is proving he is well over the fitness concerns which blighted his previous spells with Chelsea and Middlesbrough.

The towering centre-back moved to the Britannia Stadium in the summer of 2009 when Stoke paid Boro £5million for his services.

Tony Pulis has been delighted by Huth's impact but his form has attracted the attention of rival clubs, including Liverpool.

Skysports.com understand that the Reds made an enquiry earlier this week.

It is believed the struggling Anfield outfit would have been willing to pay £5million, but it is understood Stoke would want double that before even considering doing a deal.
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      • Name:Richard-Age:21-Nationality:Welsh
      Reply #66: Jan 06, 2011 01:40:15 pm
      What an unambitious signing this would be, fair enough he's a big strong centre back who can get his head on the ball but isn't that more of what we already have and of a better calibre, certainly Kyrgiakos and to a lesser extent Skrtel who's slightly better overall, surely we've got enough big slow defenders surely.

He's a decent player who clearly fits into the type of tactic that Stoke employ, but surely we can go for a bit better than this, maybe dare I suggest extend our sights further than premier league teams of a lesser reputation. I suppose he could be a good backup player but we already know how inflated the prices get when you sign a player from your own division.
      Volle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts |
      • Champions 2019/20
      Reply #67: Jan 06, 2011 10:14:00 pm
      Decent player yes, do Liverpool FC need decent players...?
      corballyred
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #68: Jan 06, 2011 10:14:52 pm
      Do we want to go back to the top level or just want to plod along buying journeymen players like Huth

Quick Reply