Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Liverpool 0-1 Wolves: Post Match Embarrassment

Read 50064 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Re: Liverpool 0-1 Wolves: Post Match Embarrassment
      Reply #736: Dec 30, 2010 11:43:32 am
      Something to cheer us up.

David Unsworth has just been appointed as Preston's caretaker manager   :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:   :lmao:  :lmao:
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #737: Dec 30, 2010 11:50:17 am
      Sad Sad times!My 7 year old grandson watching the game with me asked "shall we take our shirts off".
      The time has now arrived for me to officially withdraw my support for Roy Hodgson.
      Really feel a/any new manager needs to be installed for the remainder of the season (if only to stave off relegation battles and get the players motivated (pretty obvious they were'nt last night).
      Just a quickie on Rafa.We now know the severe restraints he was working under.So even that 7th place was nothing short of amazing.BRING HIM BACK I SAY.
      Finally!About last night,I'd like to jump to Lucas's defence.The lad for me hardly put a foot wrong and was one of the very few that showed any urgency/passion. 
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #738: Dec 30, 2010 11:53:55 am
      Were there shouts for Rafa and/or Dalglish during the game?

Was Rafa at Anfield?
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #739: Dec 30, 2010 12:00:28 pm
      Rafa wasn't at Anfield as far I know (tv hasn't showed him at least).

His name was sung at some point, but there were more Dalgish chants and "Hodgson for england".
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #740: Dec 30, 2010 12:01:07 pm

Was Rafa at Anfield?

Loud shouts for Dalglish, not sure about Rafa.

I don't think he was there.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #741: Dec 30, 2010 12:03:06 pm

Was Rafa at Anfield?

"HODGSON FOR ENGLAND"

"DALGLISH DALGLISH"

"LIVERPOOL LIVERPOOL"

"BOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

You get the picture.

No pictures or reports about Rafa that I know of.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #742: Dec 30, 2010 12:13:49 pm
      Thanks guys. Couldn't watch the game yesterday that's why I asked.
      uncleRico
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 287 posts |
      Reply #743: Dec 30, 2010 12:17:41 pm
      aside from the shocking performance from hodgson and the players, one thing that really annoyed me last night was that smug c*nt andy gray. impartial my arse, he is the most anti-Liverpool pr*ck in the world and was laughing his bald head off for the most of the second half. That c*nt sickens me, he repeatedly said "i'm delighted for the wolves supporters, they'll be loving this" followed by typically smug laughing. Hateful, hateful c*nt and I really wish sky would kick him to the curb
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #744: Dec 30, 2010 12:19:14 pm
      There was a sign held up (well a ripped off piece of cardboard) with 'Come back Rafa' written on it.

If only - although I dont believe impossible any more.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #745: Dec 30, 2010 12:21:08 pm
      As soon as i saw that team selection just thought what a load of bollocks,why was maxi dropped ?how the F**k did kokchesky and kuyt keep there places ?total bollocks, skrytal is looking like a disaster waiting to happen ,the big greek didnt have a great game ,are midfield was ,well,not in midfield and all over the shop.
      For the love of god roy just do the decent thing and walk,its plain to see that this job is to much for you and the abuse and pressure is just going to get worse and worse ,just go.please.
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts |
      Reply #746: Dec 30, 2010 12:22:03 pm

He was eyeing up his new (old) parking space............ hopefully
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,650 posts | 6946 
      Reply #747: Dec 30, 2010 12:30:37 pm
      Last night was an utter disgrace.

Taking Ngog off when he was arguably one of our better players summed up Hodgson.

Meireles on the right wing, Kuyt on the left wing.

I mean, come on.

Get rid of this F***ing fraud.
      RyanBabs
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #748: Dec 30, 2010 02:18:28 pm
      Last night was an utter disgrace.

Taking Ngog off when he was arguably one of our better players summed up Hodgson.

Meireles on the right wing, Kuyt on the left wing.

I mean, come on.

Get rid of this f**king fraud.

Here the boo's for taking Ngog off?

Here the cheers for Konchesky going off?

12x he got done in the first half 12 F-CKING TIMES? SERIOUSLY!
      RyanBabs

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      Reply #749: Dec 30, 2010 02:23:48 pm
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #750: Dec 30, 2010 03:24:10 pm
      I said to my father when watching the game last night after five minutes, this is going to be 0-0 tonight. It ended up being worse but it became so obvious after a few minutes of play that with absolutely no width, we were going nowhere.

We were at home against the bottom club and Roy decides to play Mereiles on the right and Kuyt on the left.

We all know we play well when we are the ones pressing a good side and hitting them on the break but when a team tries to frustrate us, we rarely look like we have a clue under Roy. We did not need Lucas for this match.

Kuyt   Gerrard    Mereiles    Maxi - that would have been a lot better.

Roy picked a team to fit in players, afraid of dropping someone and upsetting them.

It also took him I think an hour to change things and he didnt even do that. he made straight swaps. A forward for a forward, a left back for a left back. The only real change being Cole. But our shape never changed. I also can never remember supporting Liverpool and not seeing us put up a fight attacking the Kop when losing.

We couldnt even do that. Roy has to go. Grand, the squad isent up to scratch as people keep saying on tv. But do they honestly think it is as bad as what Roy is achieving? 3 points from relegation and in the bottom half going into the new year.

GET OUT OF OUR CLUB!!!
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #751: Dec 30, 2010 03:41:13 pm
      Roy had me cursing on here last night. I simply don't curse at all,I was so frustrated. I was really hoping he'd be gone today. Seems that will not be the case, which really does suck!
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #752: Dec 30, 2010 04:41:26 pm
      This loss was a combination of poor team selection and tactics from Roy and the players really coming out with no urgency and looked very sluggish.
      Tadders

• 6,787 posts | 573 
      Reply #753: Dec 30, 2010 04:49:07 pm
      I said to my father when watching the game last night after five minutes, this is going to be 0-0 tonight. It ended up being worse but it became so obvious after a few minutes of play that with absolutely no width, we were going nowhere.

We were at home against the bottom club and Roy decides to play Mereiles on the right and Kuyt on the left.

We all know we play well when we are the ones pressing a good side and hitting them on the break but when a team tries to frustrate us, we rarely look like we have a clue under Roy. We did not need Lucas for this match.

Kuyt   Gerrard    Mereiles    Maxi - that would have been a lot better.

Roy picked a team to fit in players, afraid of dropping someone and upsetting them.

It also took him I think an hour to change things and he didnt even do that. he made straight swaps. A forward for a forward, a left back for a left back. The only real change being Cole. But our shape never changed. I also can never remember supporting Liverpool and not seeing us put up a fight attacking the Kop when losing.

We couldnt even do that. Roy has to go. Grand, the squad isent up to scratch as people keep saying on tv. But do they honestly think it is as bad as what Roy is achieving? 3 points from relegation and in the bottom half going into the new year.

GET OUT OF OUR CLUB!!!

Why do the post match, pre match, during match F***ing professionals never ask Woy this question? why did you play meirless and kuyt out of position in the same game, what was the thinking in taking konchesky off for aurelio - what does changing a left back do ffs? (one that shouldn't play in the team anyway)....how about trying to play 11 players in their best position for a change?
      if we can see this, why doesnt anyone ask the old tw*t? he may even answer it insetad of waffling on about how great the opposition always are....
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #754: Dec 30, 2010 05:19:18 pm
      At one point Kyriakos held his arms out wide in despair, having no-one to pass to other than his goalkeeper. It is at such points that the manager gets off his backside and makes changes to counteract this problem. No such change was forthcoming. It was hopeless
      JFT96_LFC
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 619 posts |
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #755: Dec 30, 2010 06:07:30 pm
      Shocking performance last night. I mean for the Wolves goal what the f*ck were Soto and Skrtel doing, Both oing for the same ball allowing the goalscorer to coast right by them. Nobody put in a performance. Nothing much to say about the match as it was awful. Should be it from Roy now. King Kenny or Rafa to come in, it really is needed now.
      RyanBabs

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      Reply #756: Dec 30, 2010 06:09:32 pm
      According to twitter.

Wolves have the worst away form of the whole four divisions.
      KopKarl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 587 posts |
      Reply #757: Dec 30, 2010 06:10:47 pm
      Liverpool have to sack Hodgson now
      Pass and move, it's the Liverpool groove? Not any more. The Hodgson way is more hoof and pray. As endless long punts were hammered towards Fernando Torres and David Ngog during last night's defeat to Wolves, it became increasingly impossible to justify Roy Hodgson lasting at Anfield beyond the end of the week. Patience has its virtues, and chairmen can be trigger-happy, but it is hardly compulsory; Hodgson's time is up. He simply has to go. Forget about giving him extra time and the chance to dip into the transfer market in January. Trust has to be earned and Hodgson has failed. Liverpool are perched three points above the bottom three. Losing to Northampton Town, Blackpool and Wolves at Anfield in the space of six months, no matter what financial constraints Hodgson has had to work under, is a grotesque underachievement for a club of Liverpool's elevated standing.

For all his complaints about the situation he inherited from Rafael Benítez, Hodgson took over a squad containing Pepe Reina, Jamie Carragher, Javier Mascherano, Steven Gerrard, Dirk Kuyt and Torres. Granted, he lost Mascherano to Barcelona but he also willingly parted with Alberto Aquilani, while bringing in the laughable pair of Paul Konchesky and Christian Poulsen. Although Liverpool were average last season, they still finished seventh. With the players at his disposal, Hodgson has introduced an ugly, negative route-one style, which last night saw the defence bypassing the midfield with alarming regularity.

These tactics might have sufficed at Fulham, but then Hodgson has often appeared dumbfounded by the level of expectation at Anfield. Not only is this approach unforgivable against Wolves, who were bottom of the table before the game and had amassed just one point on their travels all season, it is hopelessly misguided considering the players at Hodgson's disposal. Torres is not exactly Kevin Davies – he needs the ball played to feet or for him to run on to. He will never beat the likes of Christophe Berra in the air. Torres is a world-class striker being forced to operate like a lower-league journeyman, even if his form has been at that standard since the summer.

While Liverpool's players must take some responsibility too, clearly Hodgson has lost the dressing room, if he ever had it in the first place. Under Benítez, when Liverpool were losing games at Anfield, teams would brace themselves for the inevitable barrage as they defended their goal at the Kop End, waiting for Gerrard to pop up with a jaw-dropping equaliser. Last night there was nothing. With Wolves, whose sparky, attractive style of play belied their lowly position, required to do the bare minimum, dissent grew among the home supporters. Afterwards Hodgson was critical of the fans, questioning where the "famous support" had gone. He sounded like an away fan mocking a subdued home crowd about the lack of atmosphere. It almost appears as if he is getting his shots in early. Liverpool's supporters already disliked Hodgson. This will be seen as a step too far.
      http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2010/dec/30/five-things-learned-premier-league
      Amen, someone other than us watched last night
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #758: Dec 30, 2010 06:13:36 pm
      Wolves have the worst away form of the whole four divisions.

They had. Now I'm not sure.

Quick Reply