Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Liverpool 0-1 Wolves: Post Match Embarrassment

Read 49985 times
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Re: Liverpool 0-1 Wolves: Post Match Embarrassment
      Reply #759: Dec 30, 2010 06:18:23 pm
      8 of the players involved last night were in the team that beat Madrid 4-0.

And our squad isn't good enough?

Bollocks.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #760: Dec 30, 2010 06:22:08 pm
      WH has cut the odds 3 times today on FR, as of this post they have adjusted the odds to even...the sharks are circling RH as the news is starting to snowball
      KopKarl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 587 posts |
      Reply #761: Dec 30, 2010 06:50:36 pm
      http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2010/dec/30/five-things-learned-premier-league

If you've not read this article yet, take 2 minutes out and enjoy the read.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #762: Dec 30, 2010 07:02:20 pm
      F***ing disgrace. Go now Woy, go now!
      JFT96_LFC
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 619 posts |
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #763: Dec 30, 2010 07:03:24 pm

One part of the article reminded me of when we would be thinking when we went behind that Stevie G would pop up with a screamer of and equaliser or winner. But now, I just don't expect it to happen at all or beleive that we can get back into games after we go behind as Roy clearly has lost the dressing room. With Rafa the players showed character, belief, and strength to get back into a game and take a draw or more often than not a win. Just not happening any more unfortunatley. Everything is just turning to the fact that Roy just simply has to go. I wanted him be successful here even if I was a IRWT kinda guy. The final straw was last night for me though.
      KopKarl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 587 posts |
      Reply #764: Dec 30, 2010 07:13:46 pm
      One part of the article reminded me of when we would be thinking when we went behind that Stevie G would pop up with a screamer of and equaliser or winner. But now, I just don't expect it to happen at all or beleive that we can get back into games after we go behind as Roy clearly has lost the dressing room. With Rafa the players showed character, belief, and strength to get back into a game and take a draw or more often than not a win. Just not happening any more unfortunatley. Everything is just turning to the fact that Roy just simply has to go. I wanted him be successful here even if I was a IRWT kinda guy. The final straw was last night for me though.
      Agree with you there JFT96_LFC. He has to go now
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #765: Dec 30, 2010 07:31:54 pm
      I can't get to grips with the idea that Woy, can't see he has failed, and to stay any longer will only do more damage to his already fragile reputation. The honerable thing to do Woy, is resign immediately. At least you will be seen as having some backbone, even if it's evident you have little or no knowledge on how to run a top football side. Show us you care about our club, and go now. 
      Dave70
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,536 posts | 76 
      Reply #766: Dec 30, 2010 08:40:55 pm
      The honerable thing to do Woy, is resign immediately. At least you will be seen as having some backbone
      I think that from almost day one, r*y has shown that a backbone is something he has learned to live without. So  unfortunately, I don't think we have a hope in hell of him resigning.

He will have to be pushed and I hope he is pushed hard.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,004 posts | 3351 
      Reply #767: Dec 30, 2010 09:27:21 pm
      Embarrassing isn't the word, it was more like heart breaking. I actually felt meself still filling up with tears, two or three hours after the game. I couldn't comprehend how badly my club had performed. I wasn't embarrassed, I'm never embarrassed by my club or to show where my loyalties lie but I was heart broken.

From back to front the side was a shambles. I didn't see fight or determination from them, that's the least Liverpool fans ask for. At least show you care and have some passion in you. That doesn't cost anything and you shouldn't need anybody telling you that. You're playing for the world's greatest club and that's what you offer as acceptable? There's players there who aren't good enough and never will be good enough. Why we persist with them I'll never know.

1st of January and there should be a F***ing clear out from top to F***ing bottom. Get rid of the overpaid, overhyped and over theatrical pricks in our squad. They wouldn't be F***ing missed. They're not F***ing playing now for the shirt, so why not get rid of them? Throw the kids in and at least lose while playing with fight.

Never thought I'd see my club in this much trouble. I can cope with being 12th, I can cope with us being three points off the relegation zone. I can't cope with us not fighting or wearing the shirt with pride. That's what hurt last night more than anything. The fact that those players are out there representing the fans and put in that performance but couldn't give a F**k about it. Nah, doesn't hurt them one F***ing bit.
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #768: Dec 30, 2010 09:29:54 pm
      Says it all:

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #769: Dec 31, 2010 01:00:20 am

Sums up the whole Rafa v Roy argument right there, look at how many times Reina is launching it up field compared to almost a year ago.

Under Roy we're becoming Wimbledon and it's a F***ing joke!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #770: Dec 31, 2010 01:05:38 am
      Embarrassing isn't the word, it was more like heart breaking. I actually felt meself still filling up with tears, two or three hours after the game. I couldn't comprehend how badly my club had performed. I wasn't embarrassed, I'm never embarrassed by my club or to show where my loyalties lie but I was heart broken.

From back to front the side was a shambles. I didn't see fight or determination from them, that's the least Liverpool fans ask for. At least show you care and have some passion in you. That doesn't cost anything and you shouldn't need anybody telling you that. You're playing for the world's greatest club and that's what you offer as acceptable? There's players there who aren't good enough and never will be good enough. Why we persist with them I'll never know.

1st of January and there should be a f**king clear out from top to f**king bottom. Get rid of the overpaid, overhyped and over theatrical pricks in our squad. They wouldn't be f**king missed. They're not f**king playing now for the shirt, so why not get rid of them? Throw the kids in and at least lose while playing with fight.

Never thought I'd see my club in this much trouble. I can cope with being 12th, I can cope with us being three points off the relegation zone. I can't cope with us not fighting or wearing the shirt with pride. That's what hurt last night more than anything. The fact that those players are out there representing the fans and put in that performance but couldn't give a f**k about it. Nah, doesn't hurt them one f**king bit.

Every true Kopites thought exactly.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #771: Dec 31, 2010 01:25:32 am

1st of January and there should be a f**king clear out from top to f**king bottom. Get rid of the overpaid, overhyped and over theatrical pricks in our squad. They wouldn't be f**king missed. They're not f**king playing now for the shirt, so why not get rid of them? Throw the kids in and at least lose while playing with fight.

Never thought I'd see my club in this much trouble. I can cope with being 12th, I can cope with us being three points off the relegation zone. I can't cope with us not fighting or wearing the shirt with pride. That's what hurt last night more than anything. The fact that those players are out there representing the fans and put in that performance but couldn't give a f**k about it. Nah, doesn't hurt them one f**king bit.

Top F***ing post.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #772: Dec 31, 2010 06:01:25 am
      Up to a point in the second half, Reina had touched the ball 33 times compared to Torres' 19.

Speaks volumes.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #773: Dec 31, 2010 06:31:03 am
      Up to a point in the second half, Reina had touched the ball 33 times compared to Torres' 19.

Speaks volumes.

At half time Reina had twice the touches.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #774: Dec 31, 2010 06:52:59 am
      :f_doh:
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #775: Dec 31, 2010 11:44:49 am
      I was one of the fans who stayed  in the main stand
      after to give the Wolves lads a clap off at the end.
      I for one rate McCarthy about the same as Roy Keane did.
      But he has his players playing for him our manager doesn't.
      Roy you are finished & you know it.
      The atmosphere at Anfield is down to you & you know it is.
      Do the right thing for the good of your health F**k off..
      TheDoc
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts |
      Reply #776: Dec 31, 2010 11:49:15 am
      In 31 years of going the game this is the worst performance I have ever witnessed by a country mile. There was absolutely no sign of a team plan or work ethic. In fact it would be wrong to use the word 'team' in the context of this game as there was no sign of it at all!!!
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,585 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #777: Jan 01, 2011 11:25:38 am
      Ok i have waited a few days before posting on here.

I was sitting in the Lower Anny Road end & never have i been so close to tears about our beloved club.
      I have since avoided Sky Sports, Newspapers & anyone who might take the piss- i cant handle anymore.

What the F**k was that??!! Seriously?
      No fight, no plan, no tactics, no posession, no clue?

Now that is the worst performance i have ever seen from our team- and i am only 22! I can imagine it was much harder to watch for anyone who was around during the real glory years. Let alone Rushie, Dalgish, etc!

God, what a long journey that was home- only three hours, but losing makes it seem more like six.

I dont think the position we are in is anything to do with Transfers, Rafa or money- i think its down to Roy.
      Apart from the new lads- we have seen individual performances a hell of alot better than that! We need a manager who can get the best out of the players they have.
      No more excuses, none of this "its rafas team" bullshite, January transfers bullshite & any other sh*t Roy spews out.

The man is so far out of his depth its unreal, our ambitions are not top half of the table, they are the very effing top.

Now its my birthday this month- and i hope NESV give me the one present i actually want.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #778: Jan 01, 2011 11:31:51 am
      The difference in Pepe's distribution in the two corosponding fixtures from last year to this.

http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/video/xgd1ji
      <br /><b><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xgd1ji_l-v-w_sport">L V W</a></b><br /><i>Uploaded by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/milankakabaros">milankakabaros</a>. - <a target="_self" href="http://www.dailymotion.com/gb/channel/sport">Check out more sports and extreme sports videos.</a></i>

Quick Reply