Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Liverpool FC are falling

Read 5665 times
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Liverpool FC are falling
      Dec 30, 2010 10:28:02 am
      After last nights debacle, is there any way back ? Reading through the posts on here the one thing is clear, when you have had results like ours the first one to take the fall is the manager and TBH, rightly so. Was this result down to Hodgson, yes. Do the team have to play some part in this, yes. They showed so much lack of passion last night it was absolutely unbelievably. Does the break in play because of the weather have something to do with it, well if it has then the calls from clubs, managers and players for a winter break goes right out of the window if that is what it does to a team.

So whats the solution ? Yes by all means this manager has to go, but do the owners want that over their heads having not got a proper CEO and board in place. For me, if John Henry sacked Roy now i would make a statue of him and put right next to Shankly,s and i think the fans would give him god like following for doing so. NESV,s franchise of LFC is falling away by every minute that Hodgson is still in charge.

So if Hodgson goes whos next in the firing line. The fans are calling for Kenny but if installed would the fans also turn on him if things go wrong for the rest of the season. Personally i would,nt turn on Kenny if we were even relegated because the damage has already been done. Its now a case of damage limitation. The sounds of Leeds Utd are echoing around this club at the moment. We are 3 points from the relegation zone and a game with Bolton coming up that I dont think we have a chance in hell of winning. Yes, this club is officially now in crisis mode and we have owners who are very cautious and quite at the moment as to what thier intentions are. They have said that they are listening but are they really willing to right off this season in an atempt to start a fresh in the summer. For me, this is a sure fire recipe for disaster for this club. Have they really got that much revenue to carry this club while we try to get back into the champions league over the coming years because at the moment we are as far away from the CM that we could have ever been before.

We need fresh blood in the squad but NESV are even being cautious about this too. Yes we have to look to future but we also have to stop the rot now to save our season. So many names are being banded around but NESV will soon discover that if money, and lots of it, is not spent soon then we will be doomed to mid table mediocrity. Ashley young is being mentioned and if he costs 10, 15 or even 20 million big money has to be spent and i dont think NESV have the financial clout to do it if i,m being honest. They want the title in 3 to 5 years they say, its not going to happen. If they cant make a big decision on a man that has taken us to our worse start since we were relegated in the 50,s then they will only have themselves to blame. Dont get me wrong i,m glad that they are our new owners but the revolution must start now. Hodgsons lack of respect for the fans that NESV are supposed to be listening too must not go unpunished. He has to go now.

We are LFC, we passionate about our club, we want to win not just get by, we are falling behind and no LFC fan is happy with what is now another failed season. I,m sick to death of coming on here and continually slaging off a LFC manager because it has not been our way. Roy Hodgson has put pay to that and the sooner he gos the better because we are falling at an astronomical rate and it has to change soon.

We are Liverpool Football Club and we will never walk alone. 
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Re: Liverpool FC are falling
      Reply #1: Dec 30, 2010 10:41:00 am
      Liverpool will continue to fall under Roy, as soon as we get a new man as manager (which its only a matter of time) then we can start rebuilding. I know star players won't be patient. I just hope he goes in the next couple of days.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #2: Dec 30, 2010 11:09:48 am
      LFC are falling? We've fell.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #3: Dec 30, 2010 11:19:11 am
       The truth, unpalatable as it obviously is, is that we have been in decline for a long time. It's not just this season, nor was it just the season before that, my feeling is that we are a worse team now than we were four or five seasons ago. I know people will go on about the fact we finished second a couple of seasons back (record points total and all that), but my thoughts at the time were that we had a number of matches and results go for us that year, and it was infact a bit of a blip on our true capabilities.

Yes we have the wrong manager, but we also have too many wrong players. Average players give you average performances, and until we address that we are going to be in the doldrums. If NESV's plan is to overcome that with youngsters, then we are going to be like this for a few seasons at least.
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #4: Dec 30, 2010 11:19:53 am
      Our fixtures this year was made for us to do well. We failed miserably and I genuinely believe we would be leading the league under Benitez. My question is, would H and G fire Hodgy by now? I believe so. If they could fire Rafa after one bad season I don't think they wait this long to know this guy aint good enough.   
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #5: Dec 30, 2010 11:22:33 am
      I don't think H&G are good references as owners.

They would have sacked Hodgson but named Purslow as caretaker I guess. :)
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #6: Dec 30, 2010 11:23:57 am
      We need fresh blood in the squad but NESV are even being cautious about this too.

Eh?  That makes no sense, they've not had a transfer window yet & what player, with CL expectations, is going to want to come here, at present.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #7: Dec 30, 2010 04:59:44 pm
      The truth, unpalatable as it obviously is, is that we have been in decline for a long time. It's not just this season, nor was it just the season before that, my feeling is that we are a worse team now than we were four or five seasons ago.

thats bullshit and you know it.

A bad team does not go to the Bernabeu and the Nou Camp and win both games if they are a bad team.

You say we've been sh*t for five or six years previous - that would encapsulate the whole of the Rafa period and now we see were your agenda is going.

Can't you F***ing leave it.

That team over the least six years would tear the arse out of a Roy team! FACT
      « Last Edit: Dec 30, 2010 05:16:49 pm by HUYTON RED »
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #8: Dec 30, 2010 05:16:07 pm

A bad team does not go to the Bernabeu and the Nou Camp and win both games if they are a bad team.

You say we've been sh*t for five or six years previous - that would encapsulate the whole of the Rafa period and now we see were youyr agenda is going.

Can't you f**king leave it.

Its true Huyton.. I've never seen such obvious intentions... 4/5 seasons? How stupid must he be to totally ignore the 2nd finish/scum/madrid wins? 
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #9: Dec 30, 2010 06:14:31 pm
      Its true Huyton.. I've never seen such obvious intentions... 4/5 seasons? How stupid must he be to totally ignore the 2nd finish/scum/madrid wins?  

Not only were there those wins and finishing four points off the title but we achieved it playing good football. The press talk of Rafa's negative football but that's a myth, some of the football we played that season was great; attacking, fluid and quick. Rafa gradually improved the team up to the point he was made impotent in the transfer market by H&G.

Anyway that's sort of another topic. No way were we in decline since Rafa joined (how you can say that when statistics proved we were the best side in Europe under Rafa astounds me.) But then again we are in definite decline now and it's not ALL Roy's fault, just mostly....
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #10: Dec 30, 2010 06:41:04 pm
       As per usual you try and make a general football point and people go completely off the rails. We aren't as good a team IMHO now as the one which had Alonso and Sissoko in central midfield, infact that's the best team we've had in years IMHO. It is only that we've had Torres (obviously not this season) in full flight that we've been able to anywhere near match the prowess of that lot. How many seasons ago was that, 4, 5, 6? I think that's the best team we had.

Now I'm sorry that the minute anybody ventures forth any opinion whatsoever which doesn't confirm your mantra it makes you all froth at the mouth, but that is my honest opinion. It doesn't even necessarily mean it is all Benitez's fault, but we haven't just suddenly become a team which has far too many average players. I know it suits YOUR agenda to pretend we have, but the idea is totally ridiculous.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #11: Dec 30, 2010 06:52:41 pm
      Last season we finished 7th, this season that seems beyond our reach already! The manager is inept, the players don't look like they can be bothered to put the effort in as long as he's in charge.
      It seems the only way we're going to start our climb back to the top is with the appointment of a high profile manager to inject some new hope into the club, followed by a few big wins. The fa cup match at Old Trafford would be a good one to get the spirit back.
      KopKarl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 587 posts |
      Reply #12: Dec 30, 2010 06:54:43 pm
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #13: Dec 30, 2010 06:55:45 pm
      Have to say mick your posts are F***ing hillarious, if Hodgson here till June the damage will be massive, if he is fu**ed off like he would be at any club, the rot stops.

Why are ye not acting NESV, the fans are the most important thing about the club don't forget that.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #14: Dec 30, 2010 07:02:08 pm
      Have to say mick your posts are f**king hillarious, if Hodgson here till June the damage will be massive, if he is fu**ed off like he would be at any club, the rot stops.

Why are ye not acting NESV, the fans are the most important thing about the club don't forget that.

Corbally, I don't know why but you seem incapable of looking at something other than from the exact perspective which is at the forfront of your mind. It's really very odd.

Look, I'm not saying we should stick with Hodgson. I'm actually going to see us at Old Trafford on the 9th which is something of a rarity for me these days, and I hope that by then we've got a new manager. That's not what this thread is about though. This thread is about the fact we are in decline, and we are. Now even Rafa's most ardent fan would accept we declined a bit last season too (Ok maybe they wouldn't, I take that back) but my point in simply that we have been in decline for quite some time. It probably goes back to when the Americans first walked in the door to be totally honest, but that's the way I see it.

I'm trying to get my head around what you lads are saying. You're saying we reached our peak last season and then fell off the cliff this, is that right? 
      emsy28
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 545 posts | 12 
      Reply #15: Dec 30, 2010 07:02:56 pm
      Liverpool fc fell the day Graham Souness took charge,we've never been the same since and have been playing catch up since.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #16: Dec 30, 2010 07:07:41 pm
      Hopefully the media are startng to see the light.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #17: Dec 30, 2010 07:07:41 pm
      Oh so you changed your opinion from being up Hodgson hole now are you, blaming Rafa from the likes of you Mick is wearing very very thin.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #18: Dec 30, 2010 07:08:03 pm
      Liverpool fc fell the day Graham Souness took charge,we've never been the same since and have been playing catch up since.

That's a fair point too mate.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #19: Dec 30, 2010 07:09:22 pm
      Oh so you changed your opinion from being up Hodgson hole now are you, blaming Rafa from the likes of you Mick is wearing very very thin.

:D I've been saying for weeks that we should change the manager. I don't blame you for not bothering to read my posts, but don't go blaming me when you get completely the wrong end of the stick.
      staffletop
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 679 posts | 29 
      Reply #20: Dec 30, 2010 07:14:11 pm

You say we've been sh*t for five or six years previous - that would encapsulate the whole of the Rafa period and now we see were your agenda is going.

Can't you f**king leave it.

Thanks for putting this right mate, I agree completely.
      Its bullshit to say we werent any good for the last few years, in fact I will go furthur, we have a squad that is far from midiocre right now.
      We have 4 players that are the best in the world in their respective positions, Gerrard, Carra, Torres and Pepe. Torres has been playing like he's had a personality transplant and Carra is showing signs of age, but they still are the best in the world.
      So then we look at the other players.
      Skirtle and Agger are 2 of the best 'younger' centre backs out there. despite what most on here seem to think, Johnson is Englands best right back. We ARE missing a quality left back.
      We have a great talent in Lucas, and had the best in the world in Masca before he went, we havent replaced him with a quality defensive midfielder. So we add Gerrard with Lucas and Joe Cole on the left. He hasnt shown us anything yet, but to say he isnt world class is bullshit. We have had to patch up the flanks for a while now and together with lacking a second quality forward i think thats where the problem is.
      Even then we have Kuyt, the work horse, that we all loved up iuntil this season.

Thats the nucleus of a very strong team, definately NOT mediocre.

With players like these we should be challenging for the top 4, the Totenham squad isnt as good as ours and they dont have the top players that we do but they are still there. So whats the problem......I think we all know.

AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #21: Dec 30, 2010 07:38:47 pm
      You know what would be nice, if you guys would learn to play nice, all this back and forth bantering contributes nothing to the board other then cluttering it up with personal animosities...why not take it private and spare the rest of us the soap opera...we have enough drama with the club right now we don't need yours.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #22: Dec 30, 2010 07:44:13 pm
      Precisely. Thgis lad got me banned off of Newkit after about six or seven years (along with many others), now he's followed me over here. Disgraceful really.

Well then stop responding to posts that wind you up, the attacks and you defending yourself once again does nothing for the other 99.9% of the board other then weeding thru crap. Last post on this from me also as I am contributing nothing by posting this

Quick Reply