Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Purslow "The Demolisher"

Read 1297 times
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Purslow "The Demolisher"
      Dec 31, 2010 11:48:07 am

Well I know a couple years ago our club was glowing; we had the right look of progress, we had quite a few Spanish players within our ranks, technically gifted players. Our football was pacey and attractive on the eye. We conceded little and scored a lot. If we were losing an onslaught was to be expected even if it took the last 10mins. And even then those last 10mins of excitement and wilful pressing perhaps was were the money given the entertainment. We're far from those glory days now, oh yes glory days. No 10 minute onslaught, no high pressing, no attractiveness, no goals, no fluidity, no continuity, no understanding, no togetherness, no drive, no will power. Only a record to show our decline. Where are all the Spanish players? Ok, there are certain rules in place about home players and what not but who orchestrated their departure? Was it Purslow? For before him we certainly had steadily moved forward. It's funny how we look on the whole Rafa thing, some say now that we have Roy we realise what a precious gem Rafa was. Well to go a bit further, when we had Parry in comparison to Purslow's reign,Parry's was certainly progressive despite the faults of Parry.

Did the lack of investment knock us out the top 4 that much?

Was Xabi Alonso worth the money he was sold for, should it have been more to recompense the damages?

As my memory can stretch I can recall Benitez saying they (Xabi and Mascherano) are not for sale. I've seen in recent days where players like Tevez can hand in written request and one, it being denied, and two, it being rescinded. The argument by most is, we went the wrong direction the moment we sold Xabi Alonso, well it is interesting to see that Benitez had no part in that. So I can only turn to Purslow, the "Managing Director" who primarily was sent in to find us a new owner and failed terribly at doing that to the point another person was appointed. Christian Mark Cecil Purslow, is he the won that demolished our club and demoralised Anfield? No doubt he played a part in removing the plague (H and G), removed Rafa and appointed Hodgson. I say if anyone should see a lawsuit for damages it should be Purslow.

I know some will get anal and say this club is not destroyed and can never be. That's not the point of this thread, this thread is to highlight the real reason of our downfall. Is it Rafa, H and G, Purslow or perhaps unfairly because he's simply inept at doing anything and has not been here long enough to, Hodgson?  :f_tongueincheek:

I hope the new year we'll see the appointment of CEO that has the complete knowledge of the Liverpool Way and certainly the business acumen to run a football club without any disparity shown to however is "Managing" us.

Happy New Year Red Men! :D

Quick Reply