Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Vote for your man of the match

Pepe Reina
      (4.5%)
      Fabio Aurelio
      (5.6%)
      Lucas Leiva
      (2.8%)
      Steven Gerrard
      (73.6%)
      Maxi Rodriguez
      (2.8%)
      Fernando Torres
      (10.7%)

Liverpool 2-1 Bolton: Post match relief

Read 56546 times
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Re: Liverpool 2-1 Bolton: Post match relief
      Reply #805: Jan 01, 2011 05:26:57 pm
      With till we go away again and the same sh*t happen, two banks of four with Torres isolated. Todays result should mean nothing about his future.

I personally think with the right manager and some smart additions to the squad we would have had a great chance of top 4 this season.
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #806: Jan 01, 2011 05:27:16 pm
      It gave the lie to the theory that the players don't want to play for the manager.

IMO, they played better because their morale is better as they know he will be replaced soon, and perhaps want to be in the plans of next manager also.
      raj2010
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 384 posts |
      Reply #807: Jan 01, 2011 05:28:11 pm
      I don't think a team will ever win the Premiership (or even come close) under Hodgson IF he keeps using his negative footballing philosophy. You just can't go out and dominate weaker teams week in week out with these tactics. Which is why regardless of any run we were to go on, I think for the long term it's best to get rid of him.

He's not good enough and one or two games won't change that for me, I've had six months to decide.

well said.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,183 posts | 911 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #808: Jan 01, 2011 05:28:45 pm
      With till we go away again and the same sh*t happen, two banks of four with Torres isolated. Todays result should mean nothing about his future.

I personally think with the right manager and some smart additions to the squad we would have had a great chance of top 4 this season.

Even with a couple of additions and a new manager we are way of 4th
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #809: Jan 01, 2011 05:28:52 pm
      People said they didn't play for Hodgson the other night because it was possibly the worst home performance in a decade.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,699 posts | 565 
      Reply #810: Jan 01, 2011 05:31:06 pm
      Christ how many people don't think Rou picked Aurelio and Agger - it shows we dont have faith. Agger is class and must play every game and stay fit but thats the problem with the pair of them.

Skrtel, Kuyt, Ngog - good subs but not first teamers anymore.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #811: Jan 01, 2011 05:31:43 pm
      I don't think a team will ever win the Premiership (or even come close) under Hodgson IF he keeps using his negative footballing philosophy. You just can't go out and dominate weaker teams week in week out with these tactics. Which is why regardless of any run we were to go on, I think for the long term it's best to get rid of him.

He's not good enough and one or two games won't change that for me, I've had six months to decide.

I agree with this.

I don't think Roy will be around for next season. I think nesv are looking for a manager to take over for next season. Most managers who are ideal won't be avilable till the summer.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,183 posts | 911 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #812: Jan 01, 2011 05:33:00 pm
      Get shut NOW
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #813: Jan 01, 2011 05:35:07 pm
      I thought our players attitude was totally different for this game. We looked like we wanted to play football, wanted to attack and had the desire to win. All down to Roy? No, but to give the man no credit would be wrong.  
      T-Unit-LFC
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts | 11 
      • We Won It 5 Times!
      Reply #814: Jan 01, 2011 05:37:20 pm
      I thought our players attitude was totally different for this game. We looked like we wanted to play football, wanted to attack and had the disire to win. All down to Roy? No, but to give the man no credit would be wrong. 

Amen.

By the way i thought Kuyt battled superbly tonight, his engine is incredible. Lacks quality sometimes though and thats what we desperately in need of at this club!
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #815: Jan 01, 2011 05:37:59 pm
      I thought our players attitude was totally different for this game. We looked like we wanted to play football, wanted to attack and had the disire to win. All down to Roy? No, but to give the announced departure of Roy no credit would be wrong.  

Fixed.
      TheDoc
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts |
      Reply #816: Jan 01, 2011 05:41:37 pm
      Good fighting performance. Have to say though that Johnson had a stinker but not as bad as the lino on the main stand side!! ALthough there is relief that we have deservedly bagged 3 points it is tainted by the fact it will keep Roy in a job for a little longer.
      bigbaz
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 389 posts |
      • A Proud Irish Scouser
      Reply #817: Jan 01, 2011 05:45:15 pm
      What a match!! Delighted with the win. I thought Stevie was outstanding today and Fabio had a good game also. It seems the twelvth man has decided woy's tactics for him. We dominated from the start and we went for the jugular any time we had the ball. Now that's the liverpool team I wanna see from now on. We played with absolute passion today. Well Done Lads!!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #818: Jan 01, 2011 05:46:05 pm
      Roy came out and said he'd have been happy with 1-1.

Small club mentality typified by that comment.
      kenny the king
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,757 posts |
      • at the end of the storm there,s a golden sky
      Reply #819: Jan 01, 2011 05:47:23 pm
      Roy came out and said he'd have been happy with 1-1.

Small club mentality typified by that comment.
      just shows how a poor manager he is
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,002 posts | 3350 
      Reply #820: Jan 01, 2011 05:51:14 pm
      Well done boys, fighting till the end. Something we've lacked for a while. Back to winning ways and now our winning run is well and truly under way. 2011 is gonna be a big year.

Can't say it was perfect but a win is a win. You get three points for every win regardless of how you play. Couple of good performers out there, couple of who still need to pull their socks up. New year, new start.

We're gonna win the League. ;)
      KopKarl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 587 posts |
      Reply #821: Jan 01, 2011 05:56:03 pm
      Amen.

By the way I thought Kuyt battled superbly tonight, his engine is incredible. Lacks quality sometimes though and thats what we desperately in need of at this club!

I'm sorry but in my opinion Kuyt hasn't brought anything to the team all season. For me he shouldn't be in the starting 11. I'd rather have quality than a work horse on the field.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,895 posts | 4966 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #822: Jan 01, 2011 05:56:07 pm
      It's amazing how 1 game can change it all. If he continues to play the right players (agger,auerlio) in the right positions and if he brings couple decent players in jan and play some decent football. Then sure I'd back up.
      YES, it is amazing how 1 game can change it all, so why has it taken Roy half the f***in season to do it, and after a display against Wolves which can only be described as the worst in recent memory, he has apparently 35 years experience, 35 experience of negative defensive football, thats his way, not the Liverpool way, i cannot give any credit to Roy for todays win, he is incapable of selecting a attacking formation, the changes made were for made to look as if he was doing something, but who would not have done the same, i believe not for the first time this season that someone else has been bending his ear and offered advise as to which direction he should take, whether that was  from Kenny or elsewhere remains to be seen, all i know is that todays performance was most definately not of Roy's taken, its just not his style, simples.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #823: Jan 01, 2011 05:57:25 pm
      glad the boys showed some steel and kept going. we did deserve the victory because we played better and created more chances, simple as.

however, roy still needs to go. i hope he doesn't see this is something that buys him time, we have just about managed to beat bolton at home, it's hardly a great achievement.

walk roy,just walk, you're not big enough for the job.
      redtiptoe
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 317 posts |
      Reply #824: Jan 01, 2011 06:00:14 pm
      Delighted with that performance,think the players knew they owed us a good show today. Great to see Agger back he brings the ball out of defence so well and has so much composure.
      solodee

• 6,033 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #825: Jan 01, 2011 06:04:00 pm
      Reina-Carragher-Agger-Miereles-Lucas-Gerrard-Torres

There you have the SPINE of this current team.

Get these lads to work well together, and the fringe players will fit in well. It's that simple.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #826: Jan 01, 2011 06:04:32 pm
      Dunno how people think Johnson had a stinker but then someone thought Ngog was man of the match, I suppose everyone watches the games differently.

Hodgson got lucky today, I'm delighted to get the three points. Next season is the season I've my eye on though. With new players and a new manager. Would be no good though if we were in the championship.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #827: Jan 01, 2011 06:08:21 pm
      Good to see some passion and determination from the boys again after the Wolves game.

Thought it was Stevie's best game for months...thought he was excellent and drove the team.

Doesn't change a thing regards Hodgson.....for me, he needs to be sacked asap because there is no way he will walk, just fear this rresult may buy him more time with the owners.

Quick Reply