Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Vote for your man of the match

Pepe Reina
      (4.5%)
      Fabio Aurelio
      (5.6%)
      Lucas Leiva
      (2.8%)
      Steven Gerrard
      (73.6%)
      Maxi Rodriguez
      (2.8%)
      Fernando Torres
      (10.7%)

Liverpool 2-1 Bolton: Post match relief

Read 56567 times
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Re: Liverpool 2-1 Bolton: Post match relief
      Reply #828: Jan 01, 2011 06:09:43 pm
      Dunno how people think Johnson had a stinker but then someone thought Ngog was man of the match, I suppose everyone watches the games differently.

Hodgson got lucky today, I'm delighted to get the three points. Next season is the season I've my eye on though. With new players and a new manager. Would be no good though if we were in the championship.

I don't think Johnson is crap but he is a liability defensively. Like Skrtle he switches off, ball watches and makes too many mistakes as a defender. It certainly wouldn't break my heart if both are replaced ..... sooner rather than later. 
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #829: Jan 01, 2011 06:09:45 pm
      Reina-Carragher-Agger-Miereles-Lucas-Gerrard-Torres

There you have the SPINE of this current team.

Get these lads to work well together, and the fringe players will fit in well. It's that simple.

The spine of the team has never been the problem. Its the wide player. Johnson and Auerlio are good enough full backs but we have the worst wingers. We need lw and rw and a striker. That's why I want to play 433. Would only need to sign 2 players.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #830: Jan 01, 2011 06:12:05 pm
      Roy came out and said he'd have been happy with 1-1.

:tv_horror:
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,907 posts | 4973 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #831: Jan 01, 2011 06:13:19 pm
      glad the boys showed some steel and kept going. we did deserve the victory because we played better and created more chances, simple as.

however, roy still needs to go. I hope he doesn't see this is something that buys him time, we have just about managed to beat bolton at home, it's hardly a great achievement.

walk roy,just walk, you're not big enough for the job.
      Agreed Ozi, lets keep our feet on the ground here and look at this in sensible mode, we have just beaten Bolton W at home, from a tap in goal in the last minute of the game, hardly a convicing victory with breathtaking football, it was Bolton, what would we be saying had it ended 1-1, exactly the same as now, he has got to go, and f***in now, we have scum, Blackpool and blueshite next, a max of six points a must and a win or draw in the cup against manure would be great but it would taste much sweeter without that tw*t in charge.

Hodgson out NOW!!
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #832: Jan 01, 2011 06:13:43 pm

Small club mentality typified by that comment.

Just saw this, and there in lies one of many problems with the man.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #833: Jan 01, 2011 06:40:24 pm
       [/quote]

Small club mentality typified by that comment.

Did he really say that, I missed him
        What an unbelievable man,  the team won, just  say" I always tought we will win the game"  shows confidence,  even if you were in doubt, stupid

YNWA
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #834: Jan 01, 2011 06:51:17 pm
      Good to see some passion and determination from the boys again after the Wolves game.

Thought it was Stevie's best game for months...thought he was excellent and drove the team.

Doesn't change a thing regards Hodgson.....for me, he needs to be sacked asap because there is no way he will walk, just fear this rresult may buy him more time with the owners.
      ^^^^^ all of that
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #835: Jan 01, 2011 06:54:08 pm
      Is it possible for someone to show how many long passes were made like the one in the Wolves thread?
      HampshireRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 702 posts |
      • If I'm not back in 15 minutes.....wait longer
      Reply #836: Jan 01, 2011 06:55:31 pm
      Happy to take the three points.
      A lot more energy and passion and I enjoyed seeing Agger back and Aurelio
      No long ball hoofing all the time and some lovely passing and last ditch tackling when needed
      Still concerned we could stink in the next game and I wonder what Hodgson will decide bearing in mind the Mancs in the cup at the weekend.
      Volle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts |
      • Champions 2019/20
      Reply #837: Jan 01, 2011 06:57:15 pm
      I'm happy with 3p today but then i suppose Hodgson bought him self more time and i am not happy with that.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #838: Jan 01, 2011 07:01:08 pm
      "I'd have been happy with a 1-1"

What is it with this man, the amount of cases of foot in mouth with him are already massive and he just carries on regardless.

Rafa says that he needs money to buy players and him and Inter part company and we have to put up with the constant drivel from this old git without him getting sacked.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,723 posts | 566 
      Reply #839: Jan 01, 2011 07:23:38 pm
      One thing we wont do is get carried away, we have 3 away games in a row.....
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #840: Jan 01, 2011 07:51:48 pm
      Heard one dickhead on Five Live saying it was the best atmosphere since Istanbul and all is forgiven for Hodgson.  What a cock.  I did actually hear someone sniggering in the background so it could well have been a wind up or a blueshite.

Anyway just saw the attendance.

Att: 35,400

I know Bolton didn't have many, but I'm fairly sure far more tickets were sold. 

Looks like quite a lot of people just didn't go through the turnstiles today.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,194 posts | 913 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #841: Jan 01, 2011 07:54:15 pm
      Heard one dickhead on Five Live saying it was the best atmosphere since Istanbul and all is forgiven for Hodgson.  What a cock.  I did actually hear someone sniggering in the background so it could well have been a wind up or a blueshite.

Anyway just saw the attendance.

Att: 35,400

I know Bolton didn't have many, but I'm fairly sure far more tickets were sold. 

Looks like quite a lot of people just didn't go through the turnstiles today.
      Can you blame them with what is being sereved up at the momment
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,499 posts | 1645 
      • YNWA
      Reply #842: Jan 01, 2011 08:08:17 pm
      Man, after the Wolves match I'd have agreed to ship the lot of em off to an army base, along with the toughest F***ing drill sergeant to be found, and have them kicked up and down an airfield until they cried for their F***ing mammies.
      Thank F**k for 3 points today.
      Didn't see the game but believe we played better. Last minute goal from Mr. Cole, about time the squirt chipped in with something worth a damn. At least now I can look forward to the highlights (for a change) :)
      Looks like the season's gonna continue pretty much along current lines -- decent win, sh*t result, half decent win, sh*t result etc. etc. Doesn't look like the owners are gonna sack Roy or surely they would've done it by now to give the new man a chance to assess the team and maybe spend some money in the January window. Roy has the feet under the table till the end of the season IMO, for better or worse.
      Have to say I've been giving Roy the benefit of the doubt so far but these apologies he keeps comin out with are starting to F***ing annoy me. His post match comments have been a bit wussy, he's getting led by the interviewer way to easily, but FFS stop coming out with apologies after the fact. If most of the fans don't like you anyway, why bother, AND it makes him look F***ing weak. Just say your piece and move on, if folks don't like it, F**k it, take it on the chin and knuckle down for the next game. If the team can somehow put a run together, talking gobble-dee-gook won't be so much of an issue...
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #843: Jan 01, 2011 08:08:25 pm
      Completely disagree with you saint about Johnson but then to be honest don't agree with you on much. The attendance is very worrying today to be honest and should be a big worry for NESV especially if they are considering building a stadium 60,000 plus.

Very inspiring to hear our leader say he would be happy with a draw at home against Bolton as well.He has to go soon.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #844: Jan 01, 2011 08:17:09 pm
      Gerrard taking things by the scruff of the neck is something that I missed seeing. I think he see's a club that he loves as much as us stuggling and he knows he can actually really do something about it. More of that passion needed in the rest of the team and with the manager
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #845: Jan 01, 2011 08:22:42 pm
      Agree mags thought Gerrard was excellant today.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #846: Jan 01, 2011 08:26:48 pm
      Completely disagree with you saint about Johnson but then to be honest don't agree with you on much. The attendance is very worrying today to be honest and should be a big worry for NESV especially if they are considering building a stadium 60,000 plus.

Very inspiring to hear our leader say he would be happy with a draw at home against Bolton as well.He has to go soon.

No problem mate, I am sure we will agree on something sooner or later. Even you can't be wrong about everything  ;)
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #847: Jan 01, 2011 08:29:12 pm
      No hassle hopefully we will agree on the next manager being a good appointment when he arrives ;)
      LFCexiled
      Reply #848: Jan 01, 2011 08:49:42 pm
      No problem mate, I am sure we will agree on something sooner or later. Even you can't be wrong about everything  ;)
      No hassle hopefully we will agree on the next manager being a good appointment when he arrives ;)

But surely you agree that you disagree no? The times they are a changin ;)
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #849: Jan 01, 2011 08:55:17 pm
      Was crap atmosphere to be honest, everything was strained and long periods of verging on silence, this performance hasn't saved is job even though it was an improvement, we were still playing counter attacking football at home against Bolton. gerrard man of match for me, Ngog still frustrates me to death and Torres for first 45 was awful.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #850: Jan 01, 2011 09:01:24 pm
      So......who did take over the dressing room at half time?

Answers on a postcard to John Henry and Damien C.

Quick Reply