Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D7 L8

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Vote for your man of the match

Pepe Reina
      (4.5%)
      Fabio Aurelio
      (5.6%)
      Lucas Leiva
      (2.8%)
      Steven Gerrard
      (73.6%)
      Maxi Rodriguez
      (2.8%)
      Fernando Torres
      (10.7%)

Liverpool 2-1 Bolton: Post match relief

Read 56610 times
      Red Horizon
      • Forum John Toshack

• 246 posts |
      Re: Liverpool 2-1 Bolton: Post match relief
      Reply #874: Jan 02, 2011 10:36:43 am
      Just got off the phone with an old mate, just touching base, new years crap etc.  He had a ticket for todays game, but said after hearing Kenny's plea for unity, he felt he couldn't go.  Not out of disrespect for Kenny, but because he just can't bring himself to back Roy, a man who he believes is every bit a cancer on this club as H & G were.

Oh F**k off then,we don't need his non support.....Just like the non attendees last night(obviously tourists)If you just want a winning team then goodbye.

What next? The manager,the players,the lad who sits next to you has a tick or stammer,it's too cold, a bit windy, it looks like rain...just go away then, who cares that your friend didn't go?

I'm looking forward to Blackburn and it's Man Utd next week,i'll be there for both,cheering the lads on,not blindly but i'll be there,because it's thick or thin for me,whether this league or the next,the only reason i have not to go in the end comes down to cost(which i believe would be for the majority)The stick the manager received after Wednesday night was pathetic and personnel,i'm not going to indulge in that dirge of filth,i'll leave that to the master football geniuses behind your computer screens...

Did the not a penny more campaign work? no. Self righteous and no doubt

What next not a game more when Roy's in charge?

Nothing exposes this club more than the lack of talent we have coming through.....I don't want to become another Man city...So i don't give a f**k about who's in charge just as long as we invest in bringing through new players....Lot's of money had been spent over the last five years but where's the young talent? F**k off with your we beat Real and Man Utd bull sh*t....same team won F**k all and got beat and drawn all over the country....which you forget to mention..If you don't go to the games then stick to your play stations,if you have some higher principles other than financial then don't go now or ever.....I'm sure i won't be giving you a passing thought at Man Utd next week.
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #875: Jan 02, 2011 10:44:46 am
      Well done lads to come to come back from a goal
      down was no mean feat against a good Bolton side.

Fab Torres & Stevie were all superb. We still need a
      few new faces Kuyt & Ngog should not be starting
      games for me.

Well done Joe Cole crack on now lad..

barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #876: Jan 02, 2011 11:23:28 am
      Just watched the match for a second time and everything we did that was decent involved the in form gerrard. Torres looked completely out of sorts other than the finish after Gerrard put a stunning pass onto his laces. Aurelio and Reina did ok but the rest were passengers.

When u see what influence one class player can impose on a result.... that proves how much difference it would make if we were able to buy one or two more.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #877: Jan 02, 2011 11:27:58 am
      Man U are equally poor. Somehow, they just managed to win it today. Odewinge missed a penalty that could have put West Brom ahead too.

Man u are the luckiest side in the pl. West brom should of had 2 pen and man u should of had a player sent off. I think the only goal that has gone against them this season was against brum. Even then they didn't derserve to win. Thing about the scum is they play crap but they always get some out of the blue goal.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #878: Jan 02, 2011 11:32:19 am
      Well done lads to come to come back from a goal
      down was no mean feat against a good Bolton side.

Fab Torres & Stevie were all superb. We still need a
      few new faces Kuyt & Ngog should not be starting
      games for me.

Well done Joe Cole crack on now lad..

This!!!!!

N'gog and Kuyt are a liability. Sure n'gog is our top scorer but only 2 goals in the pl. Not acceptable. That's less then Carlton Cole. Gerrard needs to play behind Torres.

Would love 4231 formation

Renia
      Johnson Skrtel Agger Auerlio
                 Lucas Meireles
      Cole        Gerrard      Maxi
                    Torres

That's by far our best team.

gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #879: Jan 02, 2011 11:32:54 am
      Just got off the phone with an old mate, just touching base, new years crap etc.  He had a ticket for todays game, but said after hearing Kenny's plea for unity, he felt he couldn't go.  Not out of disrespect for Kenny, but because he just can't bring himself to back Roy, a man who he believes is every bit a cancer on this club as H & G were.

Thing is Kenny didn't ask us to support Roy, he asked us to unite as Liverpool fans massive difference. Think you friend needs a talking to.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #880: Jan 02, 2011 11:42:09 am
      Just to clarify, Joe Cole's goal was not offside. He was in an offside position when it was played but Elmander touched the ball to his path.

And, yeah, it was shown on the highlights I was watching. Against Wolves, Fernando Torres touched the ball 27 times, with three of them being in the box. That is not good enough. Against Bolton yesterday, he touched the ball 60 times with 10 of them being in the box. That's just over 2 times the amount he touched in the previous game.

Like I said, give him the ball, and see what he can do. Not ask him to chase 50 yard passes!

Hardly saw any long balls yesterday, surprisingly. Saw alot of football played on the ground. Did Roy Hodgson select the team and give the team talks? Looks more like someone else did!

I thought the team played much better than I have ever seen in the second half yesterday. Daniel Agger should be a started every game, IMO. We look a different team when he is in because of his abilities on and with the ball. Fabio Aurelio should always start ahead of Konchesky. He's 10 times better and he's not someone I consider world class, even.

Also, hope Raul Meireles won't be out for too long and that both David N'gog and Daniel Agger's cramps are just nothing. Quite disappointed to see that a waste of space on the bench is given to Poulsen instead of someone like Dani Pacheco, though.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #881: Jan 02, 2011 11:46:14 am
      Thing is Kenny didn't ask us to support Roy, he asked us to unite as Liverpool fans massive difference. Think you friend needs a talking to.

Never said I agreed with him.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,603 posts | 3843 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #882: Jan 02, 2011 11:47:23 am
      Watched the replay again. First goal even sweeter than I remembered. Second goal for us by Cole was off the defender, so Cole was onside  :) was offside in the first phase though. Hope you enjoyed it Roy
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #883: Jan 02, 2011 10:16:37 pm
      I'm not sure if Woy is changing his inbred tactics of 35years, to try and apease the players and fans now he sees his job on the line. He is doing this to try and save his own skin, nothing else. It wasn't so much an inspired team talk, more a case of noting all the criticisms and changing to suit. Attack ? It's totally alien to him under any other circumstances. Sorry Roy, too late.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #884: Jan 03, 2011 02:55:42 pm
      I'll have to watch this game later to get the full story, but it seems like we need to diss our players to get results! odd how we can beat a higher team home and away but still can't slaughter Blackpool at Anfield!
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #885: Jan 03, 2011 03:46:14 pm
      Not sure if its been mentioned earlier on..

But thats the first game I can remmember going to on a Saturday and seeing so many empty seats at Anfield.. 35,000 on a Saturday?

Think NESV will be more worried about that rather than the first half performance..
      Possibly a combination of dreadful football, financial strain and X mas season, but still. According to the board, Merchandise and Tickets had increased after the two tw*ts left, not judging by the crowd yesterday. Don't even think the attendance was that low for a league game during the campaign (?)

Worrying stuff.
      Mohammad Abdullah
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 478 posts | -7 
      Reply #886: Jan 03, 2011 05:26:25 pm
      Where is Joe Cole? Why isn't he in the poll?!
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #887: Jan 03, 2011 05:28:16 pm
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #888: Jan 03, 2011 05:30:30 pm

He's not so much a player I can really take responsibility for. If you want to know where he is you would need to ask him.  :-\
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,743 posts | 6718 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #889: Jan 04, 2011 09:23:07 am
      Topic Title says it all- What a relief. Hopefully that's the start of many wins on the trot.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #890: Jan 04, 2011 01:07:55 pm

Probably because coming on for five minutes and toe-poking a ball into the net, that was already heading for goal is hardly a man of the match performance is it?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #891: Jan 04, 2011 01:38:30 pm
      Was away (not in Walton by the way) over the holiday and caught some of the Wolves debacle so the thread title is an understatement, didn't catch any of the the Bolton game  but by all accounts it was a greatly improved display but as somebody pointed out the empty seats tell a story and the attendance figures at 35,000 will focus the owners attention on the managers qualification or lack of, to run their investment even in the short term successfully.
      His days are numbered.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #892: Jan 04, 2011 01:44:33 pm
      Was away (not in Walton by the way) over the holiday and caught some of the Wolves debacle so the thread title is an understatement, didn't catch any of the the Bolton game  but by all accounts it was a greatly improved display but as somebody pointed out the empty seats tell a story and the attendance figures at 35,000 will focus the owners attention on the managers qualification or lack of, to run their investment even in the short term successfully.
      His days are numbered.

First half was still sh*t though, like an extension of the Wolves game. They had to improve in the second half and a lot of that came from the calm reassurance Agger and Aurelio brought to the team, not as much hoofing from the back when Agger is in the team.

Quick Reply