Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Vote for your man of the match

Pepe Reina
      (4.5%)
      Fabio Aurelio
      (5.6%)
      Lucas Leiva
      (2.8%)
      Steven Gerrard
      (73.6%)
      Maxi Rodriguez
      (2.8%)
      Fernando Torres
      (10.7%)

Liverpool 2-1 Bolton: Post match relief

Read 56714 times
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Re: Liverpool 2-1 Bolton: Post match relief
      Reply #782: Jan 01, 2011 05:11:17 pm
      Poor performance in the first half, we had a few chances but did not really dominate.  Awful defending from Johnson for their goal :( Ref was sh*t throughout.  Much, much better in the second half, though they could have scored, overall we deserved to win it and I am so relieved that we did! Nando was a different player after his goal, but Stevie masterminded that performance - outstanding! Agger and Aurelio were great, hope to see them both next Sunday.

3 points papers over no cracks though.  Roy out!
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #783: Jan 01, 2011 05:11:48 pm
      Roy aint winning me back over mate I saw through him before he was appointed and if he had his way his 2 signings would be Cole and Huth
      Pepe Reina
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,480 posts | 14 
      Reply #784: Jan 01, 2011 05:12:54 pm
      Get in there!

MOTM for me was Ngog, however seeing as he's not in the table I'll go with Gerrard.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #785: Jan 01, 2011 05:13:08 pm
      TDI did you see Boltons goal if you did will you please tell me who was marking Davies the lad who scored are people really that f**king stupid.

Ngog was F***ing awful and Fairclough was having a constant hop off him on the channel I was watching, clear as day he doesn't rate him like a lot of us
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #786: Jan 01, 2011 05:13:09 pm
      A famous win, f**k that this beats Istanbul, see Hodgson reaction it is unreal like we are after winning the champions league.

Roy we just beat Bolton. Reminds me of when a League 2 team beats a Premiership team. 

I know your post was a few back but Corbally you do make a grown man giggle sometimes..;D...

Everyone showed fight but it really was down to the "world class" boys today.. Pepe, Torres and Tiger balls Gerrard....
      Cant actually believe Roy's ancient substitution did the business?..
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #787: Jan 01, 2011 05:13:21 pm
      ngog is not good with torres ,steve is the best partner with torres

Everytime I see Ngog lined-up with Torres, I know there'll be problem. They don't work well together. Today clearly showed the Torres/Gerrard Partnership can be given a second spell.

Ngog and Torres are lone strikers.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,250 posts | 923 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #788: Jan 01, 2011 05:13:25 pm
      I think we all can agree that Stevie had a lot to do with our win today. The irony of Mereiles getting injured. Without it, we would be left in the hands of RH who probably wouldn't have used Stevie before it was 15 mins left of the game. In other words we would have lost!
      Yes luck was on our side over Mereiles, but we were owed some luck
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #789: Jan 01, 2011 05:13:30 pm
      I saw again Torres goal and it's incredible. Proud to hold this name-STEVIE-G is our hero.
      fowler2010
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 72 posts |
      Reply #790: Jan 01, 2011 05:14:07 pm
      what happened to agger,not injured again is he
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #791: Jan 01, 2011 05:14:15 pm
      Gerrard kept passing to Torres this game.

The bro-mance is on!
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #792: Jan 01, 2011 05:14:38 pm
      I think Kuyt was the only poor player. He's been poor all season. Anyone think we can sell him for 8 million? put that towards n'zogbia or Hazard if we're lucky.
      T-Unit-LFC
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts | 11 
      • We Won It 5 Times!
      Reply #793: Jan 01, 2011 05:15:12 pm
      Roy aint winning me back over mate I saw through him before he was appointed and if he had his way his 2 signings would be Cole and Huth

Thats fair enough mate. I can't help but feel sorry for the Guy though. Yes, he may be out of his depth, but I'm willing to give him a bit more time. Everyone deserves a second chance. He's made some mistakes, especially in the media and things but maybe he'll learn from this. Roy you've got my backing for NOW but don't give me a reason to want you out, or I will voice it!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #794: Jan 01, 2011 05:15:34 pm
      Overjoyed with the 3 points and the fact we seemed to play with a bit more fight than previous games.

It's so nice to read the happiness in everyones posts after a match.

Well done Reds  :D
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #795: Jan 01, 2011 05:16:54 pm
      Someone tell the FA Roy Hodgson is unbeaten in 2011.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #796: Jan 01, 2011 05:17:06 pm
      Thats fair enough mate. I can't but feel sorry for the Guy though. Yes, he may be out of his depth, but I'm willing to give him a bit more time. Everyone deserves a second chance. He's made some mistakes, especially in the media and things but maybe he'll learn from this. Roy you've got my backing for NOW but don't give me a reason to want you out, or I will voice it!

It's amazing how 1 game can change it all. If he continues to play the right players (agger,auerlio) in the right positions and if he brings couple decent players in jan and play some decent football. Then sure i'd back up.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,250 posts | 923 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #797: Jan 01, 2011 05:20:25 pm
      It's amazing how 1 game can change it all. If he continues to play the right players (agger,auerlio) in the right positions and if he brings couple decent players in jan and play some decent football. Then sure I'd back up.
      But the thick tw*t won't he will soon have Konchesk iback, and put Agger back on the bench.
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #798: Jan 01, 2011 05:21:06 pm
      RH must realize that it's not that difficult to get Anfield in the Atmosphere-Zone! Play good football and Respect the Fans, Value the Club.
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #799: Jan 01, 2011 05:22:04 pm
      what happened to agger,not injured again is he

I guess Roy wanted Kyrgiakos to play up front for a long balls finish. As he is clueless, he took Agger instead of Skrtel out, that's all.
      T-Unit-LFC
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts | 11 
      • We Won It 5 Times!
      Reply #800: Jan 01, 2011 05:22:32 pm
      Agger is top drawer, should start every single game, superb defender. Whats everyones feeling on Roy winning you back over? If we can go on a superb run could you restore your faith in him?
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #801: Jan 01, 2011 05:22:39 pm
      Relief is not a good enough reason for Hodgson to stay.  

Reina was solid as ever, Skrtel was again worrying, Agger looked far superior to him & Aurelio showed, despite being culpable for the free kick that led to Bolton's goal, why he should start ahead of Konchesky.  Johnson was OK.  

Lucas was hot & cold, through out the match, Kuyt & Maxi was solid, Gerrard was on his game.

Largely disappointed with Torres & Ngog for the whole game, both displayed an appalling first touch for the majority of the game, a goal & a couple of nice touches/flicks by both doesn't change that for me.
      raj2010
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 384 posts |
      Reply #802: Jan 01, 2011 05:22:48 pm
      Thats fair enough mate. I can't help but feel sorry for the Guy though. Yes, he may be out of his depth, but I'm willing to give him a bit more time. Everyone deserves a second chance. He's made some mistakes, especially in the media and things but maybe he'll learn from this. Roy you've got my backing for NOW but don't give me a reason to want you out, or I will voice it!

i disagree. hes only gona let u, the club and the fans down again. just cuz he won this game; face it joe coles goal we were lucky. i dont think u would have said the same thing had it been a draw. he deserves to go
      thanks2shanks
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 289 posts | 28 
      Reply #803: Jan 01, 2011 05:24:44 pm
      The second-half attitude was very impressive. It gave the lie to the theory that the players don't want to play for the manager.

Happy new year, Mr Hodgson ;)
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #804: Jan 01, 2011 05:26:45 pm
      I don't think a team will ever win the Premiership (or even come close) under Hodgson IF he keeps using his negative footballing philosophy. You just can't go out and dominate weaker teams week in week out with these tactics. Which is why regardless of any run we were to go on, I think for the long term it's best to get rid of him.

He's not good enough and one or two games won't change that for me, I've had six months to decide.

Quick Reply