Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

2011's Must Have Albums

Read 37889 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: 2011's Must Have Albums
      Reply #69: Feb 22, 2011 12:50:15 am
      Chris Martin, despite his high lifestyle and being married to a Hollywood actress, is just a genuinely nice man who doesn't have a single bad word to say about his contemporaries which can't be said of too many in the music business today. And unlike Bono, he actively participates in charities going to foreign countries and donating masses amounts of money to kids charities, rather than just talk about them.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #70: Feb 22, 2011 12:52:22 am
      Agree mate and that's my favourite from the album. Arcade Fire are the best band around at the minute.

Also Sigur Ros who Chris Martin mentioned. Amazing band.Anyone else a fan?

Never really heard much of Sigur Ros but they are obviously very talented. Amazingly successful particularly for a band who sings their own language as well.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #71: Feb 22, 2011 06:35:33 am

And what I think is the 2nd single, but nevertheless, another song off the album. Deep.

Lupe Fiasco - Words I Never Said ft. Skylar Grey [AUDIO]
      Not my thing but Skylar Grey's hot (real name Holly Brook if you want to Google her, lads)  ;)
      I don't know what you've done differently to everyone else, by the way but I can actually watch your YouTube vids from work where they're usually blocked  :f_doh:

I'll be honest, I don't get the Arcade Fire fascination. Radio One have been pushing them constantly for the last year or two.
      BLEED_RED
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 22 
      • American Kopite
      Reply #72: Feb 22, 2011 07:11:37 am
      Back on topic Lupe Fiasco's new album Lasers is out 8th March. Personally he's one of my favourite rappers of all time and even though he's making more and more commercial music he keeps his messages strong and clear. Listen to the second video in particular here.

This is the first single off the new album.

Lupe Fiasco - The Show Goes On [Official Music Video]

And what I think is the 2nd single, but nevertheless, another song off the album. Deep.

Lupe Fiasco - Words I Never Said ft. Skylar Grey [AUDIO]

Just got the new single All Black Everything off my iTunes pass. Oooo Weee this album is straight fire through your tweeters.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #73: Feb 22, 2011 07:17:51 am

I'll be honest, I don't get the Arcade Fire fascination. Radio One have been pushing them constantly for the last year or two.

Certain songs of theirs i love, others do NOTHING for me. Personally don't think anything more than them being a quality band, not a favorite or anything. Would be interested in seeing em live though since they are meant to be fantastic live.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #74: Feb 22, 2011 09:53:52 am
      Stop the complaining and just sit there and wait for Lupe's 'Lasers' to come out.

It will be hip/hop album of the year by far, and close to album of the year, period.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #75: Feb 22, 2011 03:19:17 pm

Have they? :S

It's really hard to explain why they're so amazing.

But a big problem is ... a lot of people are only just hearing them and wondering what the big thing is about 'The Suburbs'. But for me, The Suburbs is more of a concept album, where the songs blur into each other and take you on a story for an hour.

However, if you listen to Funeral or Neon Bible, they are certain tracks that have an extreme wow factor.

The other thing is, live, they are a completely different animal. Some songs, for example, Ready to Start and Laika, completely come alive and they get into you and give you goosebumps.

Haha. It's so hard to explain, but honestly, if you saw them live you'd know what I mean! They create an unbelievable sound.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #76: Feb 22, 2011 03:24:46 pm
      However, if you listen to Funeral or Neon Bible, they are certain tracks that have an extreme wow factor.

Intervention - my favorite.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #77: Feb 22, 2011 03:58:14 pm
      Stop the complaining and just sit there and wait for Lupe's 'Lasers' to come out.

It will be hip/hop album of the year by far, and close to album of the year, period.

Can't fookin wait Lupe's one of my favourite artists, I think I have almost every single track he's ever put down and released in any sort of way. If you're a fan yourself and haven't heard any of his mixtapes I can't recommend A Rhyming Ape enough. He's basically taken Gorillaz Demon Days beats and raps over them. The beats are obviously great and Lupe's style goes well, listen to Happy Industries in particular. (Happy Industries-Lupe Fiasco)

As for the Arcade Fire debate, I myself am definitely a fan. Saw them live a few years ago and it was fookin brilliant. Sun was setting just as No Cars Go kicks in. They played a great set and to be honest they're hilarious to watch live because there's so friggin many of them! The Suburbs is a good album, though I think both Neon Bible and Funeral are far better.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #78: Feb 22, 2011 05:40:26 pm
      Have they? :S

It's really hard to explain why they're so amazing.

But a big problem is ... a lot of people are only just hearing them and wondering what the big thing is about 'The Suburbs'. But for me, The Suburbs is more of a concept album, where the songs blur into each other and take you on a story for an hour.

The other thing is, live, they are a completely different animal. Some songs, for example, Ready to Start and Laika, completely come alive and they get into you and give you goosebumps.

Haha. It's so hard to explain, but honestly, if you saw them live you'd know what I mean! They create an unbelievable sound.

Just got into them recently. I wouldn't call Win Butler the best singer in the world but there is a great amount of diversity in their sound and their is also a real likeability to them particularly Win and Regine. Having just got into them I've never had the pleasure to see them live but my word - it will happen!
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #79: Feb 22, 2011 06:10:54 pm
      Beady Eye album is surprisingly very very good.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #80: Feb 22, 2011 06:33:11 pm
      Beady Eye album is surprisingly very very good.

Is it? I only listened to a few songs and thought they were just ok, nothing much inspired.

I don't know, I think Andy Bell should just leave this band and reform Ride ;D

I'll give Beady Eye a chance later though.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #81: Feb 22, 2011 06:43:48 pm
      Noel didn't allow Gem or Andy to be free enough in Oasis even though both are great musicians especially Andy. Beady Eye though are the surprise package of this year. Real good old fashioned rock n roll. It's quite retro which is brilliant as well.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #82: Feb 22, 2011 06:46:32 pm
      Beady Eye are alright but they'll never be Oasis of the mid 90s when they were at their best. And unfortunately that's what they'll always be compared to.

Will be getting their album though as I've liked a couple of their songs - The Roller and Four Letter Word. Wanna hear the rest of their stuff now.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #83: Feb 22, 2011 06:59:43 pm
      Noel didn't allow Gem or Andy to be free enough in Oasis even though both are great musicians especially Andy. Beady Eye though are the surprise package of this year. Real good old fashioned rock n roll. It's quite retro which is brilliant as well.

Andy Bell is brilliant. Ride are one of my favorite bands, and he was so prolific there, it's a shame how little of his stuff has been released since he joined Oasis.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #84: Feb 22, 2011 10:38:25 pm
      I won't be able to get into Beady Eye really. I'll give them a chance but because Liam Gallagher is such a tit, I won't be able to enjoy the music.

Anyone know when Noel's planning on releasing his new stuff, or if where he's up to?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #85: Feb 22, 2011 10:44:35 pm
      Beady Eye are alright but they'll never be Oasis of the mid 90s when they were at their best. And unfortunately that's what they'll always be compared to.

Will be getting their album though as I've liked a couple of their songs - The Roller and Four Letter Word. Wanna hear the rest of their stuff now.

I'm a massive Oasis fan and heard a few of the Beady Eye tracks and I agree DLS.

No matter how much Liam wants this to be a new start they will constantly be compared to Oasis and will not even come close in my opinion.

The songs are not bad, some are quite good but I think the album will be easily forgotton and I will probably but it.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #86: Feb 23, 2011 01:08:37 am
      I won't be able to get into Beady Eye really. I'll give them a chance but because Liam Gallagher is such a tit, I won't be able to enjoy the music.

Anyone know when Noel's planning on releasing his new stuff, or if where he's up to?

Well Noel won't be releasing anything this year. His partner's about to have another kid so he'll be a bit preoccupied!

He's definitely been working on his solo record that's for sure. Will probably come out next year which is a shame because he's probably the most naturally gifted British songwriter since Paul McCartney. Still we've got videos like this to keep us going. This is simply beautiful.

Noel Gallagher - Slide Away (Live)
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #87: Feb 23, 2011 11:21:24 am
      Can't fookin wait Lupe's one of my favourite artists, I think I have almost every single track he's ever put down and released in any sort of way. If you're a fan yourself and haven't heard any of his mixtapes I can't recommend A Rhyming Ape enough. He's basically taken Gorillaz Demon Days beats and raps over them. The beats are obviously great and Lupe's style goes well, listen to Happy Industries in particular. (Happy Industries-Lupe Fiasco)

As for the Arcade Fire debate, I myself am definitely a fan. Saw them live a few years ago and it was fookin brilliant. Sun was setting just as No Cars Go kicks in. They played a great set and to be honest they're hilarious to watch live because there's so friggin many of them! The Suburbs is a good album, though I think both Neon Bible and Funeral are far better.

Sounds like we both love the man. I think he's the best hip/hop artist going around right now. He's just phenomenal with his beats, his lyrics, his style, everything.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #88: Feb 23, 2011 01:39:11 pm
      Sounds like we both love the man. I think he's the best hip/hop artist going around right now. He's just phenomenal with his beats, his lyrics, his style, everything.

Kanye's latest album was sheer brilliance. I'm not a big hip-hop fan but I have heard Lupe's latest track, 'the show goes on' one and I think it's not better than any track on My Deep Dark Twisted Fantasy.

As I said, not the biggest hip-hop fan, but I don't get the hype over Lupe's new one. The Cool was, well cool, but it's not as good as I had expected.
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #89: Feb 23, 2011 01:42:49 pm
      Professor Green- At Your Inconvenience
      Out this year, looking forward to it.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #90: Feb 23, 2011 03:50:43 pm
      King of Limbs.

Just. F***ing. brilliant.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #91: Feb 23, 2011 11:07:28 pm
      U2 releasing their next album this spring. It's a must have for me. Thought No Line On The Horizon was their best since Zooropa despite what others say. Was a real grower of an album.

Also The Edge has announced tonight at the NME Awards that the band will be headlining Glastonbury on the Friday night!!!

http://www.nme.com/news/u2/55128

Quick Reply