Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. How many players do we need to move on this summer?

None, the squad is perfect and I live in cloud cuckoo land
      1 (0.4%)
      1-2, some mild tweaking
      3 (1.3%)
      3-5, changes required
      110 (49.1%)
      6-8, we need an overhaul
      89 (39.7%)
      9 or more! Clean slate, start afresh
      21 (9.4%)

Total Members Voted: 221

Players to ship out? (Poll added)

Read 39315 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Re: Players to ship out? (Poll added)
      Reply #460: Apr 11, 2011 09:20:25 am
      The rest of the players most of us want leaving are that ineffective anyway, that we don't need to replace them with high profile players.

That's why I'm not worried about up to 10 players going in the summer mate. Most of them are either out on loan or contribute so little then we will not really miss them if the quality young players are used in their place.

Then spend money on quality wide players, a LB, CM and possibly a CM then our squad will be much stronger.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,013 posts | 3352 
      Reply #461: Apr 11, 2011 11:31:56 am
      thats why i put high in "". Since i know we dont need all of them to be pure quality. My concern is that we get 6 new players into the team at the same time, and then our chemistry is almost gone and needs to be found again, which is what we have seen with Real Madrid and City a couple of seasons ago.

It won't be six changes in the team though. At most it'll be three.

Reina

Kelly Carra Agger ??

?? Lucas Gerrard ??

Suarez Carroll

And even then I expect Kuyt to still play. Meireles and Johnson will probably continue to be starters as well. So six changes to the starting XI won't happen. At worst there'll be a few new faces on the bench - hopefully players who can make an impact when coming on as well because right now we lack that game changing player from the bench.

For me, I'd love us to sign Adam Johnson and Ashley Young. Two out and out wingers who can play on either flank and love to whip the ball in. But I can really only see the wingers changing if anything, possibly left back unless Kenny decides to stick with Johnson there or play the returning Insua.

Anything else will likely to be the same as it is now unless we bring in a real top quality player for that position.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #462: Apr 11, 2011 11:35:56 am
      It won't be six changes in the team though. At most it'll be three.

I'd say possibly 4 DLS, Left Back, maybe a pair of wingers and maybe Charlie Adam.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,013 posts | 3352 
      Reply #463: Apr 11, 2011 11:36:37 am
      That's why I'm not worried about up to 10 players going in the summer mate. Most of them are either out on loan or contribute so little then we will not really miss them if the quality young players are used in their place.

Then spend money on quality wide players, a LB, CM and possibly a CM then our squad will be much stronger.

I want a total clear out mate. It's been roughly this squad for two years now and it's simply not good enough. 15-20 players (including reserves) could leave in the summer and I don't think too many of them would be missed.

We need to stop buying plenty of average players and start buying a few quality players. A squad is to be made up of quality and youth, not average players hindering the progress of potentially top quality youngsters. Perfect example is Maxi, Cole and Jovanovich - none of whom are doing anything spectacular on the left wing and all three halting the progress of Raheem Sterling. Bring in a quality out and out winger for the left and let Sterling learn his trade off him.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,434 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #464: Apr 11, 2011 11:44:48 am
      I totally agree, we need to completely reshape the squad with a lot of hungry players between 18-25years old. The average age of the squad has crept up. We need more pace, mobility and energy throughout the team. So goodbye Jones, Soto, Aurelio, Konchesky, Poulsen, Cole, Jovanovic, Maxi, Ngog,El Zhar Pesonally i'd sell Kuyt as well but it won't happen. If Agger's fitness doesn't improve its time to gid rid too. Promote Flano, Suso, Robinson, Wisdom, Coady and Morgan and bring the 7 or 8 players we are in desperate need of.
      Kong Krog
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 383 posts |
      Reply #465: Apr 11, 2011 12:01:51 pm
      I would rather see Jovanovic stay than Cole, if nothing else then solely because of the wage bill. Cole is a F***ing thief imo.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #466: Apr 11, 2011 12:23:05 pm
      We need to be brutal and realistic.Look where we are now scrambling round to put out a decent team because we have lost just 3 players.
      No point in paying people to just turn up for training but arent good enough to play. If they are not good enough for the first "TEAM" we shouldnt hang on to them there should be no such thing as a "squad" player at Liverpool.
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #467: Apr 11, 2011 12:30:13 pm
      ngog not good enough sell him
      cole needs to get his finger out of his arse or hes away
      polsen is a F***ing donkey
      and please sign a central defender with pace
      YNWA
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #468: Apr 12, 2011 09:16:56 am
      Players to go:

Poulsen (cheers for that Woy)
      Konchesky (permanently)
      Ngog
      Maxi
      Jovanovic
      Kyrgiakos
      Brad Jones (permanently)

Maybes:

Joe Cole - not sure whether its going to happen for him here
      Aurelio - injuries make him a liability but when he is fit I think he is as good a lefty as most clubs in the league have
      Agger - again is a liability with injuries but is just F***ing brilliant when fit, but hardly ever is. One more season's worth of chance I think we should give him to overcome his injuries because he is that good

Also, can anybody who has said Dirk Kuyt should go have a look at last night's 3-0 win over Man City?

Yes, sometimes the lads second touch can end up being a tackle and I have criticised him in the past, but if we are going to get a right sided attacking player in (which I hope we do) then who better to have competing against you for that place than Kuyt. He never hides and his committment and attitude should be the absolute very least we should expect from any new signing.

He is also a back up for the strikers if needed and I would like him to see his career out with us. Any young lads coming through could learn a lot from him IMO.
      the general
      • Forum John Toshack

• 281 posts |
      Reply #469: Apr 13, 2011 04:13:58 pm
      I think that shipping out somewhat injury prone players like Aurelio and Agger may be a bit counter productive, I mean they've already fitted in with the rest of the team, and I'm sure that even if they played only half the games in a season, it would be better having them than not. But certainly, donkeys like Konchesky and Poulsen need to go.

I dont really know about Joe Cole yet, as we haven't really seen him at full fitness, if that ever happens. It would be better if he was only on half the wages he is, but I suppose we shall see what Kenny does with him, personally, I believe he will keep him, as he knows there is potential there, it's just a case of getting it out of him.
      MaxC
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 504 posts | 15 
      Reply #470: Apr 14, 2011 03:11:49 am
      Cole can leave but his misses may stay if she wishes.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #471: Apr 17, 2011 09:59:40 pm
      Jova
      Poulson
      Konchesky
      Cole
      Jones
      Fabio (Love him can't stay healthy)
      Maxi
      Ngog

Just by seeing who Kenny is playing the last couple of matches I don't see where these players offer much....Well Fabio does but what good is it to pay big boy wages and play 2 matches/Out 5.....Agger is a bulldog of a player but he has to stop getting hurt...having him and Fabio consistantly healthy and with the progression of our youth I don't think we would even need to spend money this summer on defensive players, but the way these two get hurt who knows the best way to progress.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #472: Apr 17, 2011 10:52:05 pm
      I don't agree with getting rid of Soto...he is a role player that fills a niche quite well, not the most gifted player but he works hard and is not on huge wages. His size can be used in certain circumstances and I think he is just fine as a role player coming off the bench. Unless we are planning on turning into Man City every team needs a couple of Soto's on the squad.
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #473: Apr 17, 2011 10:55:57 pm
      I don't agree with getting rid of Soto...he is a role player that fills a niche quite well, not the most gifted player but he works hard and is not on huge wages. His size can be used in certain circumstances and I think he is just fine as a role player coming off the bench. Unless we are planning on turning into Man City every team needs a couple of Soto's on the squad.

He's getting on a bit though.

If we can replace him, we should.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #474: Apr 17, 2011 11:01:15 pm
      He's getting on a bit though.

If we can replace him, we should.

Problem is we can get rid of 5-6 players this summer and replace them...but I can think of Jova, Cole, Maxi, Poulson, Konchesky, Ngog...I would presume they are all on higher wages and I would drop them before Soto....Like I said not the most gifted player but his value vs. cost might just see him here one more year. More then 6 players being dumped would make me a bit apprehensive about demoralizing the squad....Honestly with the exception of 8-9 players you could make a case for dumping the entire squad and starting over, that is not going to happen though as it would rip the club apart.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #475: Apr 17, 2011 11:04:52 pm

Soto has been horrible these last weeks. He is not what we need. We have youngsters that can fill his role of a squad player. He used to be a fine squad player, but not anymore IMO.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #476: Apr 18, 2011 12:06:49 am
      Jova
      Poulson
      Konchesky
      Cole
      Jones
      Fabio (Love him can't stay healthy)
      Maxi
      Ngog

Pretty much sums up the list really. I think I heard that Mallorca made a bit for Maxi during the week, but I don't know if it's true or not.

It's a shame about Fabio really. Seems like a decent person and is a damn good player when fit.
      MaxC
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 504 posts | 15 
      Reply #477: Apr 18, 2011 12:08:06 am
      Earlier i thought Jay Spearing should be moved on but now i have found great respect for him. Although his deficiencies are easily noticeable the energy and positivity he brings to the side is immense and for those reasons and his ability to get stuck-in in midfield should make him our backup DM next season and beyond.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #478: Apr 18, 2011 12:22:05 am
      Brad Jones
      Sotis Krygiakos
      Paul Konchesky
      Fabio Aurelio
      Emmiliano Insua
      Christian Poulsen
      Nabil El Zhar
      Philip Degen
      Joe Cole
      Milan Jovanovic

Thats 10 players!!! Whoever is voting anything below 6-8 is deluded!
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #479: Apr 18, 2011 12:24:41 am
      The fantastic performances from Flano and Robinson shows to me that a lot of our squad can be sold off in the summer. We have a very very good bunch of lads coming through at the moment and they can be our squad players next season. No Europe also means fewer games for us so the massive squad is not such an important factor.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #480: Apr 18, 2011 12:26:26 am
      Selling 10 players and signing 10 players in 1 window is deluded!! Look at City and their team spirit, does that show you anything.

A happy dressing room + team harmony cannot be bought.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #481: Apr 18, 2011 01:35:52 am
      Selling 10 players and signing 10 players in 1 window is deluded!! Look at City and their team spirit, does that show you anything.

A happy dressing room + team harmony cannot be bought.
      Not if some of those players are sh*te!

And 3 or 4 of those players are on loan and I dont think Gerrard will mind if Poulsen, Konchesky, Krygiakos, Jovanovic join them!
      aussieredave
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 961 posts |
      Reply #482: Apr 18, 2011 01:43:04 am
      Sell Aurelio , one good game and is injured for 10 more.

Quick Reply