Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. How many players do we need to move on this summer?

None, the squad is perfect and I live in cloud cuckoo land
      1 (0.4%)
      1-2, some mild tweaking
      3 (1.3%)
      3-5, changes required
      110 (49.1%)
      6-8, we need an overhaul
      89 (39.7%)
      9 or more! Clean slate, start afresh
      21 (9.4%)

Total Members Voted: 221

Players to ship out? (Poll added)

Read 39313 times
      sirignano
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 307 posts |
      Re: Players to ship out? (Poll added)
      Reply #483: Apr 18, 2011 01:53:12 am
      poulsen, jovanovic, ngog, koncheskey. replace all of these and i'm a happy lad :)
      welshy7777
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 155 posts |
      Reply #484: Apr 18, 2011 02:06:50 am
      I don't agree with getting rid of Soto...he is a role player that fills a niche quite well, not the most gifted player but he works hard and is not on huge wages. His size can be used in certain circumstances and I think he is just fine as a role player coming off the bench. Unless we are planning on turning into Man City every team needs a couple of Soto's on the squad.
      ...didnt he give away 2 penalties against west brom? or was i watching a different game? Headless chicken!!!!!
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #485: Apr 18, 2011 02:10:38 am
      ...didnt he give away 2 penalties against west brom? or was I watching a different game? Headless chicken!!!!!

Yup had a bad match, that being said he has had good ones for us too....not claiming him more then an average reserve player, but there are others that need to go before him.
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #486: Apr 18, 2011 02:53:27 am
      Right, I voted 6-8 a couple of weeks back, but with the outstanding youth talents we currently have at the club, I'd suggest we can get rid of more.

Poulsen, Konchesky, Jovanovic, Cole, Kyrgiakos, N'Gog, Jones, Aurelio, Maxi, Insua, Degen and Aquilani are the ones I would definitely rid ourselves of.

So from that, I'd suggest:

Poulsen - £3M
      Konchesky - £2M
      Jovanovic - £1.5M
      Cole - £4M
      Kyrgiakos - Free
      N'Gog - £4M
      Jones - Free
      Aurelio - £2.5M
      Aquilani - £13M
      Maxi - £3M
      Insua - Free
      Degen - Free

= £33M

I would also consider selling Agger, who although phenomenal when fit, isn't fit enough ever. For the sake of this argument though, I'll keep him.

So £33M to spend from sales, and I expect at least another £50M investment from FSG.

= £83M

Reina

Kelly
      Cahill
      Agger
      ???????

????????
      Gerrard
      Lucas
      ????????

Carroll
      Suarez

So, say we buy Enrique for £15M, Hazard for £20M and Young for £25M, they can then fulfill those roles. I would also consider Cahill and M'Vila if we can afford them.

That leaves us with back up of:

Gulacsi

Johnson, Flanagan
      Skrtel
      Carragher, Wilson
      Robinson

Kuyt
      Meireles
      M'Vila, Spearing
      Sterling, Suso

Kuyt (again, I know)
      Morgan

Personally, that'd be great.
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,184 posts | 527 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #487: Apr 18, 2011 10:38:52 am
      In my previous post in here I put Aurelio in the maybe pot (meaning not sure if he should go) but since yesterday he was injured for the 978 time this season, I put him in the must go bunch. He is a good player when fit, but that is like 5 minutes in the whole season.
      « Last Edit: Apr 18, 2011 10:53:04 am by KateMKD_Red »
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #488: Apr 18, 2011 10:49:10 am
      Selling 10 players and signing 10 players in 1 window is deluded!! Look at City and their team spirit, does that show you anything.

A happy dressing room + team harmony cannot be bought.

Normally I'd agree but when you look at the players we could ship out it wouldn't harm the quality of our squad in the slightest.

Just looking at the poll results I'm really surprised more people on here haven't went for 9 or more. We really can get rid of that many as they are either not good enough, always injured or out on loan.

I think it was Redblood who posted a list of around 10 players who could leave and I don't think any of us would be too bothered if those players were not here next season.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #489: Apr 18, 2011 12:02:47 pm
      Everybody knows who the deadwood are at Anfield,if we can sell all the deadwood and replace them with top class players and bring some more of the youth in (Suso Pacheco Bruno Amoo ince) Think we will have a squad to callange in the cups and the league.

adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #490: Apr 18, 2011 01:26:31 pm
      I think if your looking at players who are with the squad right now I would be incline to say it looks like should be about 4-6 players need to be moved out, if your including players on loan that number would go up to 8-10 considering many of the players on loan are not going to be back (Insua, Konchesky, Aquilani, Degen, Darby). As far as current players in the squad I think there will be at least four players who have to be shipped out (Jovanovic, Maxi, Poulson, Aurelio) and could see Ngog getting shipped out as he really never shown the development that many expected.
      zaroni
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 37 posts |
      Reply #491: Apr 18, 2011 05:41:50 pm
      konchesky,poulsen,ngog.........
      MickyMetal
      • Banned
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      Reply #492: Apr 18, 2011 07:05:17 pm
      I defintely keep Soto Kyrgiakos, he played well when coming on against Arsenal, didn't let Van Persie turn him and was imperious in the air. he seems to be getting over the two bad games he had for us against Braga and West Brom - confidence is growing again especially after seeing those celebrations after the arsenal game - he looked back to his normal self.
      Every team needs a Soto-type player  to deal with aerial balls when the oppostion gets desperate and starts loading balls into the box.
      Defintely should stay, his wages aren't that bad and i think we need him more than we need lacklustre players like Cole who command high wages and are just not playing well.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #493: Apr 18, 2011 07:31:57 pm
      Said from day 1,, Ngog is just not up to it. Never will be, has to go xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #494: Apr 18, 2011 07:41:58 pm
      Said from day 1,, Ngog is just not up to it. Never will be, has to go xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Nice to see you gave him the support he needed when he first started playing.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,540 posts | 1091 
      Reply #495: Apr 18, 2011 08:01:32 pm
      For me...to ship out...

Cole
      kyriakos
      Degan
      Poulsen
      Konchesky
      Ngog
      Aquilani
      Jones
      Jovanovich
      Maxi

Sell these 10 and we would not be any weaker in terms of quality.....and quality is what we are after...not quantity!
      « Last Edit: Apr 19, 2011 03:05:21 pm by Don77 »
      djimitraore2011
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #496: Apr 19, 2011 01:51:02 pm
      Selling 10 players and signing 10 players in 1 window is deluded!! Look at City and their team spirit, does that show you anything.

A happy dressing room + team harmony cannot be bought.
      So what if we sell Konchesky, Poulsen, Degen, Insua, Aquilani, Ngog, Kygriakos, Maxi, Jovanoic. These players are not needed and wouldn't be missed by fans or players in footballing terms, plus 4 of these have been on loan, 2 of them have been here for a season and the rest can't get a game so it would hardly be breaking up the team!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #497: Apr 19, 2011 04:44:13 pm
      I think the writing's on the wall for several of our overpaid, too old, not good enough players.

The fact that Kenny chose to put Shelvey on to replace Andy and not Cole shows they have no place at Anfield anymore.

They can all go for me, they have contributed little or nothing all season and we are wasting money and time on them.

£17,500 per hour playing time in Coles case.
      sarbz
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 125 posts |
      Reply #498: Apr 20, 2011 03:34:13 am

The fact that Kenny chose to put Shelvey on to replace Andy and not Cole shows they have no place at Anfield anymore.

Yup, I was thinking the same thing when Jonjo came on. His mind's made up on Ngog and Cole I think. The problem will be, who will take them? Hopefully ol' Harry will get nostalgic and take Cole for 5mill or something like that, that would be great business for us if that happened. Maybe Birmingham would renew their interest in Ngog and take him on loan at the very least next season. Or Woy...
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #499: Apr 20, 2011 08:16:06 am
      For me...to ship out...

Cole
      kyriakos
      Degan
      Poulsen
      Konchesky
      Ngog
      Aquilani
      Jones
      Jovanovich
      Maxi

Sell these 10 and we would not be any weaker in terms of quality.....and quality is what we are after...not quantity!

This - I bet on wages alone this costs us over £500,000 per week. If we get about £20Million and reinvest in 2 players thats good enough for me. We have the youth coming through so lets make 2 signings from these lot - perhaps another 2 big signings (hate to use the term marquee, but that's what I mean) and bring through some youngsters!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #500: Apr 20, 2011 10:38:17 am
      Yup, I was thinking the same thing when Jonjo came on. His mind's made up on Ngog and Cole I think. The problem will be, who will take them? Hopefully ol' Harry will get nostalgic and take Cole for 5mill or something like that, that would be great business for us if that happened. Maybe Birmingham would renew their interest in Ngog and take him on loan at the very least next season. Or Woy...

Don't care who takes them mate so long as they're gone before August.
      sarbz
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 125 posts |
      Reply #501: Apr 21, 2011 03:50:21 pm
      Don't care who takes them mate so long as they're gone before August.

me either deb, but the reality is that if there are no interested parties then they won't be released, its just too expensive to do so. So I'm just trying to rationalize where they could go so that there is hope that they infact do go.
      Plantman
      • Forum Billy Liddell
      • Started Topic

• 597 posts |
      • Youll*Never*Walk*Alone
      Reply #502: Apr 21, 2011 03:53:39 pm
      Believe me, for the right price, there will be a taker for all of those players....maybe not poulsen tho  :lmao:
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #503: Apr 21, 2011 04:04:18 pm
      Brad Jones
      El Zhar
      Insua
      Aurelio
      Soto
      Konchesky
      Maxi
      Degen
      Cole
      Maxi
      Jovanovich
      Aquilani
      Poulsen
      N'Gog

I see 14 players who's futures at Liverpool F.C may be under jeopardy this season.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #504: Apr 21, 2011 04:07:43 pm
      Brad Jones
      El Zhar
      Insua
      Aurelio
      Soto
      Konchesky
      Maxi
      Degen
      Cole
      Maxi
      Jovanovich
      Aquilani
      Poulsen
      N'Gog

I see 14 players who's futures at Liverpool F.C may be under jeopardy this season.
      From your list I would keep
       Maxi- for team spirit as much as anything, plus he'll be a decent option of the bench
      Aquilani-prefer him to Raul
      I'd send Ngog on loan
      Insua- has still got huge potential, lots of people wrote him off too soon
      possibly Soto as back up.
      Other than that, sell.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #505: Apr 21, 2011 04:10:08 pm

Insua- has still got huge potential, lots of people wrote him off too soon

Also think he qualifies under Home grown rule now does he not ?

Quick Reply