Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Blackburn 3-1 Liverpool: Match Thread & Post Match Disbelief

Read 98483 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Blackburn 3-1 Liverpool: Match Thread & Post Match Disbelief
      Reply #1242: Jan 06, 2011 01:11:10 am
      Half an hour to go in the replay. Loving the banter between the fans. Blackburn - Stand up if you've won the league. . . You know the one that only existed since it was renamed. . . Liverpool - In Istanbul We Won It Five Times. Followed by. Where were you in Istanbul? Love it
      redtiptoe
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 317 posts |
      Reply #1243: Jan 06, 2011 01:14:03 am
      Just back from the game.

Not surprised in the slightest that this is such a huge match topic.

Tonight was dreadful.  A travesty of effort and tactics.  This whole season has been a horror show, a seemingly endless one.

The travelling Kop put in a terrific effort in supporting the team, but it is abundantly clear that there is zero support for the manager on the terraces.  He's a farce.

El Hadji Diouf warming up was a gobs***e.

Glen Johnson and Paul Konchesky are a pair of shitbags.

The players aren't playing for their manager, the fans don't want him there.  First time I can remember I've ever left the game before the final whistle.  I couldn't be arsed sticking around just to boo.  It really has gone beyond that.

A fella summed it up when asked How much longer should Hodgson get? and he replied 'about 20 minutes'.

Quite right JD couldn't  get  the game tonight but   watching on a stream the one thing that came through was the support from  our Kop, even whe i heard a few "hodgson for england" at 2  nil down, the rest responnded with  the 'field of anfield road"  so as liverpool fans  we cant now be accused of "not supporting the team"  buutwe've  got serious problems if we keep this manager, like i said in a earlier post alot of other managers seem to be getting the  best out there teams where as our "boss(a loss)" cant seem to even diret things at  all. hopefully with Tom Wernner at   ewood park it will e the end if not serious quistions need  to be asked of the owners.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #1244: Jan 06, 2011 01:59:53 am
      Would people want rafa back if it meant he was to get rid of carra who apparently, like gerrard had a breakdown in relationship with rafa?
      Just curious to know what others thought. Oh, and roy must have less than 8 hours left until he is fired....surely?
      poolio_54
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 376 posts | 11 
      Reply #1245: Jan 06, 2011 02:11:28 am
      Just got back from the game, what a load of sh*te against a Blackburn team with 8 changes. Please please please can't he be gone by the morning please
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #1246: Jan 06, 2011 02:16:20 am
      look think hodgson has lost the dressing room. but players have a hidden agenda. no one is above the club. we still have the same players even if manager is fired. so start the rebuilding process now. dont think we have hit rock bottom yet. its going to be difficult to buy players as we are in free fall. no rafa has lost the plot has no people skills re control freak
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #1247: Jan 06, 2011 02:20:00 am
      Stayed until the end as I couldn't bring myself to leave early and missed the last train to Liverpool. Staying at a relatives in Blackpool because it was the only train I could get!

At least the team put out a good display to make up for all the troubles I've gone to to support them.

F**k off Roy.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #1248: Jan 06, 2011 02:21:50 am
      Just got back from the game, what a load of sh*te against a Blackburn team with 8 changes. Please please please can't he be gone by the morning please

Feel sorry for you mate.  At least I was back at home for 12.  Another 2 hours of stewing on that result might have sent me round the bend.

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #1249: Jan 06, 2011 02:38:28 am
       After watching that pathetic display my heart goes out to the fans that went to Blackburn and had to watch the match as it unfolded.Action has to be taken now not at the end of the season when it could be too late.
      craglad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,009 posts | 25 
      Reply #1250: Jan 06, 2011 02:40:12 am
      Worst thing that could happen now is getting a result against the scum.... Thats if he isnt sacked by the morning.
      Lfcred92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 972 posts |
      Reply #1251: Jan 06, 2011 03:07:03 am
      absolutely shocking
      hodgson out!!!
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #1252: Jan 06, 2011 08:32:17 am
      Sack him. Sack him now. Right now, slur alex is thinking if he plays the f***n u-17's on sunday he will get a win with Woy in charge.

Get Kenny in and let him rip ginsoak a new a**ole
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #1253: Jan 06, 2011 09:35:27 am
      That match was as Drogba would say "a F***ing disgrace" the players showed absolutely no effort (perhaps with the exception of Stevie G). HODGSON OUT NOW!!!

Does anyone know who that commentator was who was constantly bagging the team and saying that it's not Hodgsons fault because he inherited this side? I'd like to knock him out.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #1254: Jan 06, 2011 09:39:31 am
      That match was as Drogba would say "a f**king disgrace" the players showed absolutely no effort (perhaps with the exception of Stevie G). HODGSON OUT NOW!!!

Does anyone know who that commentator was who was constantly bagging the team and saying that it's not Hodgsons fault because he inherited this side? I'd like to knock him out.

Amd you wonder why the players dont want to play for him when all he says is that he inherited these players, and when i get my own players in, things will be better. Thats worse than Cloughie's '74 rant vs Leeds when he told them to ditch all their medals won under Revie because they won them by cheating.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #1255: Jan 06, 2011 09:54:20 am
      Sack him. Sack him now. Right now, slur alex is thinking if he plays the f***n u-17's on sunday he will get a win with Woy in charge.

Get Kenny in and let him rip ginsoak a new a**ole

I seen a headline yesterday that read 'Slur Alex insists he'll play a full strength team against LFC' (ed).

That's what we've become, a piss take by our biggest rival as if we're a division 2 team.

A joke.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #1256: Jan 06, 2011 09:54:51 am
      The man does not get what it means to be Liverpool manager.

He has proven that in the past. He also does not have the ability.

If he had any decency, he would realise he is "not the right man for the job" and walk away with some dignity and I would nearly respect him if he did.

But hes hanging onto a job he has failed and is doomed to fail with again in the future because he is an old man and this is will be his last big job in football.

A sad story really. Pity we're the club on the end of Mr. Hodgson.
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 761 posts | 40 
      Reply #1257: Jan 06, 2011 10:06:37 am
      Was there last night,to top it up was in the Blackburn end and got absolutley piss wet through on the way up to the ground.Thought we may have just shaded the first fifteen mins,but then the inevitble happened and it turned to dogshit.I was on the Blackpool game i was on the Everton game but for me that 75 mins of football was the worst i have ever seen and showed up all our frailties and especially Roys. Gutted and Roy has to go now.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #1258: Jan 06, 2011 10:16:09 am
      May I say that Renia was crap that game. First goal should of made himself bigger to stop that shot. Second goal, it was right above him and third the shot was right next to him but he should of came to stop the cross. Theres lot of Renia love but he's been poor this season.
      Salavaria
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 381 posts | 41 
      Reply #1259: Jan 06, 2011 10:18:33 am
      Sack him now. Kenny in to lift the spirits on Sunday. At least they'll play for him, and he'll pick a balanced, attacking team that knows when and how to defend. If Roy is still here come the weekend then we are out of the Cup.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #1260: Jan 06, 2011 10:27:34 am
      Sack him now. Kenny in to lift the spirits on Sunday. At least they'll play for him, and he'll pick a balanced, attacking team that knows when and how to defend. If Roy is still here come the weekend then we are out of the Cup.
      :gt-happyup:
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1261: Jan 06, 2011 10:31:11 am
      Depends how you wanna look at it mate. I've had enough bollocks going on tonight to get angry at football, so I'm trying me best to keep meself sane with a few positive outlooks.

You gotta have faith Billy. ...   :laugh:

Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #1262: Jan 06, 2011 10:40:45 am
      I still don't understand. Why the heck were Kyrgiakos and Skrtel were in the centre circle for the first goal?

Look at this, 4 Blackburn players against two of our defenders!

And piss off, Alan Hansen. Saying Roy is unlucky because he inherited a poor squad.  :mad:
      LFCexiled
      Reply #1263: Jan 06, 2011 10:42:10 am

In Mr Snappy Snaps the walking car crash? It's a bit like having faith in the owl. Destined for a stretch of misery. ;)
      lottie964
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 301 posts |
      Reply #1264: Jan 06, 2011 10:59:54 am
      OK enoughs enough, I have stood back and watched what is going on, it ain't gettin better, in fact its getting worse, I actually said to my wife Gerrard missed the pen on purpose??? only joking at the time but makes you think??
      Dalglish in, now, if he don,t want it, Thompson or Evans, we need someone steeped in LFC, just to get the pride back and fight for the shirt, F**k Benetiz, he only got half of it, he had the fans, but never did it the Liverpool way, wanting to fight everyone, did the same at Inter (love the guy though), football is political these days, get the media on side as well as the fans, (look, Roys got the media and he has stayed 6 x months more than he should have) I know people will slag that statement off, but come on, previously all Liverpool stars made their name at LFC, not before joining,(except for Dalglish, only in Scotland though) we where a team, which was the most important, the players, the manager and the fans, the "Holy Trinity", lets get back to basics, f__k them all, we are LFC, OH BY THE WAY fU__CK OFF Roy, you just don,t get it and never will, and blaming everyone else just don,t cut it, your job is easy just motivate and be tactically savvy, not blame everyone else, you tosser, be a man and grow a pair and resign.
      FSG -- SACK THE tw*t

Quick Reply