Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Blackburn 3-1 Liverpool: Match Thread & Post Match Disbelief

Read 98481 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6728 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Blackburn 3-1 Liverpool: Match Thread & Post Match Disbelief
      Reply #1265: Jan 06, 2011 11:34:12 am
      Just came in to say that was a F***ing disgrace and I'm sick of F***ing shedding tears during and after our matches.

Get the F**k out Roy and take at least half that side with you.
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #1266: Jan 06, 2011 12:00:39 pm
      I still don't understand. Why the heck were Kyrgiakos and Skrtel were in the centre circle for the first goal?

Coming back from a corner

And piss off, Alan Hansen. Saying Roy is unlucky because he inherited a poor squad.  :mad:

Boycott Morrisons!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #1267: Jan 06, 2011 12:27:37 pm
      A bit of perspective here.

Last night we were beaten by a Blackburn Rovers squad that cost around £17m to assemble or in terms of our player value One Glen Johnson.

took this from Ben Smith from the Times.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #1268: Jan 06, 2011 02:32:03 pm
      People say Rafa lost the dressing room, I'm starting to feel Hodgson doesn't even know where it is.

I shouldn't...but that didn't half make me laugh  :laugh:
      MsGerrard
      Reply #1269: Jan 06, 2011 02:37:54 pm
      Theres lot of Renia love but he's been poor this season.

WTF !!! Are you for real  :f_steam:
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #1270: Jan 06, 2011 02:39:38 pm
      to be fair Riena's goal scoring form has been poor.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #1271: Jan 06, 2011 02:40:52 pm
      May I say that Renia was crap that game. First goal should of made himself bigger to stop that shot. Second goal, it was right above him and third the shot was right next to him but he should of came to stop the cross. Theres lot of Renia love but he's been poor this season.

Ask our goalkeeping coach, who asked Pepe to be more 'English'
      MsGerrard
      Reply #1272: Jan 06, 2011 02:41:53 pm

I know ...you'd have thought he'd score at least a dozen goals by now  :f_whistle: What the hell's he messing about at  ;)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #1273: Jan 06, 2011 02:52:29 pm
      I know ...you'd have thought he'd score at least a dozen goals by now  :f_whistle: What the hell's he messing about at  ;)

Don't know whether it's something he's been told by the coaching staff, but he doesn't seem to be bollocking the defence as much this season, watched highlights of the Blackburn game from a couple of seasons ago on LFCtv the other night and when Blackburn scored you could see Pepe properly organising and bollocking them at the same time.

Maybe this 'English' style is not to have a go at anyone.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #1274: Jan 06, 2011 02:55:42 pm

Maybe this 'English' style is not to have a go at anyone.

Maybe, he's been listening to 'English' Roy too much  :f_tongueincheek:

Or maybe, he's just thinking, it's not worth it  :roll:
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #1275: Jan 06, 2011 04:05:17 pm
      I assume everyone was aware of El Hadji Diouf's antics last night.

Warming up in front of the Liverpool fans doing this kind of thing.

A copper actually told him to move back further away and then he was spoken to by the referee as soon as he came on.

I hope this was in the referee's match report because I don't see why the little turd should be allowed to get away with it.  If some fan had ran on the pitch and give him a crack then it would have been Liverpool fans in trouble when he was clearly inciting the fans.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #1276: Jan 06, 2011 04:06:42 pm

A copper actually told him to move back further away and then he was spoken to by the referee as soon as he came on.

I hope this was in the referee's match report because I don't see why the little turd should be allowed to get away with it.  If some fan had ran on the pitch and give him a crack then it would have been Liverpool fans in trouble when he was clearly inciting the fans.

He's an odious little pr**k.  Ugh.

And he should be disciplined for that.  That ex Arsenal tw*t that plays for Shitty didn't get away with it so why should Diouf?
      SL
      • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts |
      • The King is back!!
      Reply #1277: Jan 06, 2011 04:09:00 pm
       it was right in front of me as i was sat row 22 in-line with the corner flag   >:( surprised no-one ran on and butted the camel ,i wanted to.
      He is a total disgrace a turd of a person
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1278: Jan 06, 2011 05:50:33 pm
      He's an ugly c**t, looks and attitude wise.

As for the result, embarrassing!
      Red Horizon
      • Forum John Toshack

• 246 posts |
      Reply #1279: Jan 06, 2011 06:17:12 pm
      It has come to my attention that before the season started I said I'd stick with Roy for at least 3 seasons...........I hold my hands up to that,But that was before a ball was kicked and I think it was pretty fair and reasonable to give a new manager some time as we all do,sadly what has transpired has been a disaster,which in all fairness couldn't be predicted in it's fullness,I have no  reason for not giving  our next new manager 3 seasons or the next or the next unless they show a total lack of strategy and complete incompetence.....3 seasons was fair,I mean it's the usual yard stick from which to access how far the club has come.....So in reality I wasn't wrong and here's a new prediction I give the new manager at least 3 seasons.....full marks for your homework,I'd completely forgotten about that comment.
      « Last Edit: Jan 06, 2011 09:41:17 pm by Red Horizon, Reason: missed a word »
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #1280: Jan 06, 2011 06:20:03 pm
      It has come to my attention that before the season started i said i'd stick with Roy for at least 3 seasons...........I hold my hands up to that,But that was before a ball was kicked and i think it was pretty fair and reasonable to give a new manager some time as we all do,sadly what has transpired has been a disaster,which in all fairness couldn't be predicted in it's fullness,i have no  reason for not giving  our next new manager 3 seasons or the next or the next unless they show a total lack of strategy and incompetence.....3 seasons was fair,i mean it's the usual yard stick from which to access how far the club has come.....So in reality i wasn't wrong and here's a new prediction i give the new manager at least 3 seasons.....full marks for your homework,i'd completely forgotten about that comment.

No it wasn't, but fair's fair and it takes a big man to admit their wrong and put their hand up to it.  For next time though, remember what KRS-One said, "do your homework".
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1281: Jan 06, 2011 06:40:16 pm
      It has come to my attention that before the season started i said i'd stick with Roy for at least 3 seasons...........I hold my hands up to that,But that was before a ball was kicked and i think it was pretty fair and reasonable to give a new manager some time as we all do,sadly what has transpired has been a disaster,which in all fairness couldn't be predicted in it's fullness,i have no  reason for not giving  our next new manager 3 seasons or the next or the next unless they show a total lack of strategy and incompetence.....3 seasons was fair,i mean it's the usual yard stick from which to access how far the club has come.....So in reality i wasn't wrong and here's a new prediction i give the new manager at least 3 seasons.....full marks for your homework,i'd completely forgotten about that comment.

You even "apologise" like Hodgson RH.  :laugh:

Joking aside, it's all good. Sometimes the penny has a long way to drop but it always gets there. I have this 'hang up' about giving blind faith to either players or managers simply because: i) it's the Reds that I follow, not individuals and. ... ii) Blind faith may lead to having to defend the indefensible, something i'm not comfortable with.

Managers come and go, (the great and the not so), as do players but L.F.C. will always be here - running through my veins 'til I die. That's where my loyalty lies what's right for the Reds, is right and what's wrong, is wrong. Hodgson is wrong.
      « Last Edit: Jan 06, 2011 06:48:43 pm by bad boy bubby »
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #1282: Jan 06, 2011 07:06:43 pm
      It has come to my attention that before the season started I said I'd stick with Roy for at least 3 seasons...........I hold my hands up to that,But that was before a ball was kicked and I think it was pretty fair and reasonable to give a new manager some time as we all do,sadly what has transpired has been a disaster,which in all fairness couldn't be predicted in it's fullness,I have no  reason for not giving  our next new manager 3 seasons or the next or the next unless they show a total lack of strategy and incompetence.....3 seasons was fair,I mean it's the usual yard stick from which to access how far the club has come.....So in reality I wasn't wrong and here's a new prediction I give the new manager at least 3 seasons.....full marks for your homework,I'd completely forgotten about that comment.

Red Horizon, you have no need to apologise mate. When Roy was appointed you tried to take a positive outlook on his appointment. I too had serious reservations about him but i chose to back him, he said the right things during his introductory period, there was no reason to doubt him.

As the weeks wore on it became blatantly obvious that he was full of sh*t. He was found out pretty quickly, though that doesn't mean we were wrong to back him initially. Some people choose to believe, others do not.

There are so many people who preach their "I told you so" crap, just ignore them. Regardless of whether you felt he was the right man or not, you channelled your energy in a positive way and that can only be good. I fell for his introductory bollocks, the same way as many other passionate fans, regardless of any reservations about his lack of stature.

For that you have no need to absolve yourself, wanting the best for the Club is most certainly not a crime. Nothing in life is set in stone, there is no set outline or story.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #1283: Jan 06, 2011 07:23:47 pm
      There's lot of Renia love but he's been poor this season.

:dunceblock:
      LYNCH
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 40 posts |
      Reply #1284: Jan 06, 2011 07:38:26 pm
      We can drool all we want about or which or whether. Bottom line is not enough quality players are at the club. I am sure many of ye are more well up any young players coming through than i am but to me there is no sign of it. As well documented through this thread and other threads Roy is not gonna make LFC world beaters. However whatever system is implemented i doubt if the current squad pound for pound, individually or collectively are good enough. And before i p**s off all ye Rafa fanatics i do not think he can be absolved from the current mess. He bought most of these players. Anyway that is history. Need a root and branch player clearout. Start afresh. It might get worse before it gets better but it is the only way for the LFC star to rise again.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1285: Jan 06, 2011 07:52:55 pm
      There are so many people who preach their "I told you so" crap, just ignore them.

I just know you ain't referring to me there Hardcore but just in case. ...read the exchange between me and Red H in context.

Nice to see you back by the way.

johnlfcreds2010
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 994 posts | 68 
      Reply #1286: Jan 06, 2011 09:20:18 pm
      He needs a rest because hoofing the ball is affecting his stamina.
      His shots on target ratio is pretty good though
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1287: Jan 07, 2011 03:33:25 am

I hope this was in the referee's match report because I don't see why the little turd should be allowed to get away with it.  If some fan had ran on the pitch and give him a crack then it would have been Liverpool fans in trouble when he was clearly inciting the fans.

Immature pr**k. Us fans really overreact when we call Roy a 'c**t' or a 'b***ard' because it is things like these in football that those terms are reserved for.

Quick Reply