Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Kenny Dalglish - Liverpool Manager

Read 547842 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,427 posts | 6420 
      Re: Kenny Dalglish - Liverpool Manager
      Reply #2783: Feb 11, 2012 09:22:58 pm
      Mate tactics are everything as Rafa showed when he won a champions league with Traore and Biscan in his team

All I'm saying is that the effort has to be there, the determination has to be there. You have to want to give that extra little bit to win every last ball and you have to have the desire to make that one extra play that's the difference between what we saw and what could have been a better result.

Specifically for me Downing looked lackluster all around, Kuyt still seems to not be seeing the good pass instead choosing to make the impossible play or just plain giving the ball away. I noticed several times when United seemed to just go right by our guys and they didn't seem to be able to keep up. Stevie even had way too many poor passes I thought. Don't profess to be a football expert as I didn't grow up with it like you guys across the pond did, but I do understand the importance of an athletes effort and drive and today I just didn't see it.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #2784: Feb 11, 2012 09:25:17 pm
      Bloody hell mate.

Everyhing is far from rosey at the moment, but I think there's more chance of me or you becoming manager than us finishing 9th/10th this season. Was undoubtedly a dissapointing performance today, but win our next home game against Arsenal we are right back up their arse again by 1 point.

Like I said everything isn't fine and dandy, but we're in our first major cup final in 6 years, stand a great chance of reaching the quarter finals of the FA Cup and are still well in the race for 4th. Talking about finishing in 9th/10th place and Kenny stepping down is pushing it to the extremes abit. Considering where we were 13 months ago its still quite a staggering contrast.

Mate Im basing it on form nothing else, Everton and Norwich are currently performing better than us, I was asking the question if we did finish there.
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #2785: Feb 11, 2012 09:38:14 pm
      To be fair though Corb our last 5 games have included playing the top 3 teams in the country on 4 seperate occassions, and we've come out with only one loss, that being today. Granted we haven't played fantastic, but I wouldnt class our form as poor at the moment. The media were practically creaming themselves prior to the Spurs game (Again a game we should of won) about our upturn in form after the Bolton horror show. I wouldn't really say we are in bad form or anything, but obviously there's room for improvement, room I fully expect us to exploit over the coming weeks (While picking up a trophy!).
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #2786: Feb 11, 2012 09:48:54 pm
      Was Not going to get involved but some deluded people here, of course we have being disappointing this season, we have being awful in the league, Kenny tactics were terrible today anyone that thinks standing 20 yards away from Scholes is a good tactic needs there head examined. Even Roy Evans said Scholes and Giggs must have thought it was there birthday.

Where the f**k was the pressure on the ball, Scholes could have being 55 and played today. How many games have we won in the league in the last 10. The handshake has masked how f**king poor we were today watched utd 4 or 5 times this season at old trafford and that is the worst away performance I've seen there. If we finish 9th or 10th this season is it acceptable.

I'm going to lay my cards on the table here if we finish there I would like Rafa back next season with Kenny going back into the ambassador role.

If that were to happen i'd give Rafa a year, if he can't get us into CL and a domestic cup put him in charge of the academy and get someone in here that knows how to get results.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #2787: Feb 11, 2012 09:49:43 pm

If that were to happen i'd give Rafa a year, if he couldn't produce put him in charge of the academy and get someone in here that knows how to get results.

Mate I guarantee if u give Rafa the funds he will deliver
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #2788: Feb 11, 2012 09:59:03 pm
      Liverpool fans calling for Kenny out after a year in charge make me sad inside, can't believe I'm reading it sometimes, embarressing.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #2789: Feb 11, 2012 10:01:13 pm
      Liverpool fans calling for Kenny out after a year in charge make me sad inside, can't believe I'm reading it sometimes, embarressing.

I aint calling Kenny out but a question if we finish worse than 7th who would u like managing us into next season Rafa or kenny
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #2790: Feb 11, 2012 10:02:57 pm
      I aint calling Kenny out but a question if we finish worse than 7th who would u like managing us into next season Rafa or kenny

By asking that you are...

I loved Rafa and didnt think he should have left but i dont think Kenny should leave either... Rome wasnt built in a day and we will get nowhere by chopping managers every year...
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #2791: Feb 11, 2012 10:04:40 pm
      Im just asking question if we finish worse than 7th, wont lie I F***ing love Rafa and want him back.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #2792: Feb 11, 2012 10:09:17 pm
      Im just asking question if we finish worse than 7th, wont lie I f**king love Rafa and want him back.

Dont know what to say to that... You wont give Kenny the chance, fine...
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,427 posts | 6420 
      Reply #2793: Feb 11, 2012 10:14:49 pm

Unless we are bringing in a ton of new faces I say let Kenny give it a go. Continuity means something and the lads are obviously sold on playing for the King. Don't hear any rumors of malcontent like we did with Woy. If the players are in for him (most of them) then let's add some quality and get this thing righted. I think Kenny's earned the right to show what he can do.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #2794: Feb 11, 2012 10:17:51 pm
      It's not who I'd choose, it's the fact that Kenny has earned at least another 2 years in charge, even if we finished 7th this season, the turn around was not going to be instant and besides a few games I can see the massive progress we've made.

A few players have been disappointing and it's hard to get away from the fact that these players have been the summer signings. This I think has been Kenny's biggest failing for me and he's put himself in a difficult place, however I expect him to be strong enough to admit his mistakes and ship some of these out come the summer.

In a season when we're still in both cups, have knocked the mancs out of these cups by the way some talk you'd think it's been a total and utter disaster, besides a few performances, yes today being one of them we've been very good by and large. Our finishing has been god-damn awful but Kenny's role is to create the chances by tactics, if the players aren't sticking them in the net then we're buying the wrong players but if the chances are being made the tactics are sound. We've also played some great football, granted not so much recently but I think the loss of Lucas has hurt massively and Stevie just coming back, Suarez/Carroll/Gerrard playing less than a couple of games together. When you see the biggest legend of the clubs playing history in my generation being brought to tears by victory of our loved team then questioning him after such a short period of time is the characteristics of a glory hunter in my eyes and these types of people don't last long supporting any club.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #2795: Feb 11, 2012 10:22:29 pm
      I live in Ireland and didnt make any of Carling Cup games this year as I have a 6 month old baby so I am lacking in time and money, sorry if thats a problem to you Huyton. And no I definitely dont think going to wembley for the carling cup final will make up for another without champions league football. This is supposed to be Liverpool Football Club, a proud and great club, not a team that has been out of the title race the past two years by Christmas. Kenny definitely steadied the ship and I dont doubt his vast knowledge of the history and traditions of this club that he is very much part of but I do doubt that he is the man to take us to the next level, our purchases have been a disgrace, 100m wasted, we are looking like finishing in the same position as last year if not worse off, to me this is not progress. Too many people thinking with their hearts and not their heads, any other manager would of had an inquisition by now. And winning the 5th preferable competition dosent mask an extremelably dissapointing campaign.

Champions League? Oh you mean the European Cup, yeah been there and seen us win that too!

Winning never becomes boring and neither does getting to cup finals.

I'll be sure to enjoy Wembley for the first time since 95 though!

But it's been a poor season!! 
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #2796: Feb 11, 2012 10:26:15 pm
      Im just asking question if we finish worse than 7th, wont lie I F***ing love Rafa and want him back.

If anything happens it will be by "mutual consent" and is likely to include Suarez leaving as well.

I love Rafa as well, and can't help thinking that he would have spent better than KK and comolli last summer.

I know we have the homegrown issue, but F***ing hell, anyone who knows anything about football knew that Downing was going to be sh*t because he's been that way throughout his career.
      I've never been a fan of Adam either, but I'm prepared to give Hendo and Carroll more time because they are young and still adapting.

Bottom line is that FSG are going to have to make a decision in the summer, but I find it very telling that we made no signings in January.

Something isn't working, and it has to be down to the coaching staff because they are the ones who set the team up each game.

I was delighted with the cup win, but it made my blood boil to see us sat back with 10 behind the ball for nearly the whole F***ing match at home!
      Since when did Liverpool do that?

Let them worry about us when they come to our place.

Todays game was an extension of that.
      We surrendered the midfield and tried to hit them on the counter.
      In my opinion that is not acceptable.

So, to answer in one short sentence:
      If for whatever reason, KK parts company with us, Rafa is my number one choice to replace him.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #2797: Feb 11, 2012 10:27:13 pm
      I'm glad some of today's "fans" weren't around in 86-87  when the media were calling Kenny's side the worst Liverpool side in 20 years...

dannylfc7
      • Forum Youth Player

• 11 posts |
      Reply #2798: Feb 11, 2012 10:29:45 pm
      personally i think that kenny is the manager that we all want to see succeed more than anyone else and he is arguably the best man manager in football but his tactics are often very poor and frustrating. the thing that worries me most is that he didn't play raul when he was here and in my opinion he would walk into our expensive midfield at the moment. i dont know if its kenny or comolli behind the transfers but we payed 20m for downing and sold the fans player of the year (raul) for 12m.  ???
      Maudes
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      Reply #2799: Feb 11, 2012 10:40:35 pm
      And still have to play Arsenal, Newcastle and Chelsea, who happen to be the teams we have to knock down. Still possible

Possible? Yes.

Probable? No.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #2800: Feb 11, 2012 10:53:47 pm
      Im just asking question if we finish worse than 7th, wont lie I f**king love Rafa and want him back.

Kenny would be my answer to your question and I love Rafa as most on here know.

I see you are back after your enforced absence Corbally talking about getting rid of Kenny.

I find that a disgrace mate especially the way he has defended the players and the club during this whole sh*t storm.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #2801: Feb 11, 2012 11:01:13 pm

Bottom line is that FSG are going to have to make a decision in the summer, but I find it very telling that we made no signings in January.

If for whatever reason, KK parts company with us, Rafa is my number one choice to replace him.

1st off you seem to know nothing about how FSG operates or the reasons behind the decisions they make, not buying this winter tells us absolutely nothing other than the fact there were no decent buys to be made. That is all it is and anyone making more of it than that is just stirring the pot for the sake of it. FSG is on it's second manager in a decade in Boston, they value consistency and not making rash moves as constantly changing does nothing to help a team  reach success.

They gave Kenny 3 years and unless he wants to go then he will see out the entirety of his contract because that is the way these owners do it; if we are not moving forward by that time then a change indeed may be made. I have no horses in the Rafa debate (though personally I like him) but he would split the fan base and that is the absolute last thing these owners would want after what the club went thru in the past.

No way, no how will Rafa be the next LFC manager, a few years down the line perhaps, but not in the foreseeable future whether Kenny was here or not.

I could just see the civil war that would break out if FSG fired Kenny after a season and replaced him with Rafa, yeah that will make LFC a stronger family  :roll:
      « Last Edit: Feb 11, 2012 11:13:05 pm by AZPatriot »
      notorious1985
      • Forum Ian St John

• 442 posts | 27 
      Reply #2802: Feb 11, 2012 11:09:06 pm
      Champions League? Oh you mean the European Cup, yeah been there and seen us win that too!

Winning never becomes boring and neither does getting to cup finals.

I'll be sure to enjoy Wembley for the first time since 95 though!

But it's been a poor season!! 
      ya because winning the Carling Cup makes it a successful season does it? Just ask Birmingham who won it last year and got relegated.

I agree with Corb, Rafa would be my choice for next season and he would definitely have spent the money better. Otherwise I could see us signing Bent for 30m in the summer and that very thought makes me cringe.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #2803: Feb 11, 2012 11:11:45 pm
      ya because winning the Carling Cup makes it a successful season does it? Just ask Birmingham who won it last year and got relegated.

I agree with Corb, Rafa would be my choice for next season and he would definitely have spent the money better. Otherwise I could see us signing Bent for 30m in the summer and that very thought makes me cringe.

Ya because being top 4 makes a successful season  :roll:
      Maudes
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      Reply #2804: Feb 11, 2012 11:13:25 pm
      I agree with Corb, Rafa would be my choice for next season and he would definitely have spent the money better.

Rafa will be managing Real Madrid next season.

Otherwise I could see us signing Bent for 30m in the summer and that very thought makes me cringe.

Comolli will not be allowed to make the same mistake again.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #2805: Feb 11, 2012 11:14:24 pm

Winning a trophy is more successful than finishing fourth no matter what way you look at it.

Not too many people would be too interested in visiting the museum in 10-20 years time to look at a print out of the league table with all those top four places on it.

And just for the record Rafa like every other manager has bought poorly and using a vague Darren Bent rumour as to what Kenny might do in the summer is ridiculous.

Quick Reply