Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Barnes calls for Kop fans reality check

Read 6624 times
      mavuto
      • Forum Youth Player

• 16 posts |
      Re: Barnes calls for Kop fans reality check
      Reply #46: Jan 09, 2011 08:00:47 pm
      All these so called football experts have been going on about Roy not being given enough time and unfairly dismissed. Funny they didn't say anything when Rafa wasnt allowed to see his vision blossom. Double standards. Fergie had 7 or so years before he won anything
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #47: Jan 09, 2011 08:13:30 pm
      When Shankly told Ron Yeats with him in the side we would win the league were were in the 2nd division but he meant winning the first division title and he was right.
      Its got to be a time for taking the positives out of every game we may be a top 10 side but with the supporters behind them we can do much better than that.
      Looking forward to Balckpool and I havent been able to say that for a long time.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #48: Jan 09, 2011 08:54:58 pm
      And if my mate who has just been tiling his bathroom in Heswall is right then he is an absolute F***ing minge bag as well as a gob sh*te!! ;)

Can rap though.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #49: Jan 09, 2011 08:57:22 pm
      John Barnes isn't talking about IFs and BUTs - he's talking about currently. In the last few years we have finished 2nd, 5th, 7th and are currently 12th. If that doesn't make us an "also ran" I don't know what does.

So thats why you're on minus 10.
      johnlfcreds2010
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 994 posts | 68 
      Reply #50: Jan 09, 2011 09:01:53 pm
      Anybody in a high profile position and is an ex liverpool player who tries to belittle our club should be banned from entering the ground.
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #51: Jan 10, 2011 05:34:11 am
      yes agree with some statements here the reds are in decline gerrad is past his best now,and torres  might never regain his scoring touch in numbers like we have seen in the past. we need a franchise player same caliber as stevie but young. we have to rebuild with younger players who have natural skill sets. i watched  stevenage play newcastle and was absolutely impressed by there skill and passion. those players were running like greyhounds not like the epl at training ground speed.  then the maanger come on and explained  the high level of fitness at the club and the hard work.the culture so different from the epl
      The Kop Kid
      • Forum Steve Staunton

• 150 posts |
      Reply #52: Jan 10, 2011 06:15:10 am
      Quote from The Mirror eh? Enough said. I wouldn't believe a word them cu*ts print.
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,339 posts | 1011 
      Reply #53: Jan 10, 2011 10:21:09 am
      'Liverpool legend John Barnes has told Liverpool fans it’s time to take a reality check and ­accept they are only a top 10 club.'

Sorry John , great player , nice bloke but totally wrong. We don't need a reality check we know the damage that has been done to our club by H&G but the day we accept that we ' are only a top 10 club ' is the day I'll pack in !!

daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #54: Jan 10, 2011 10:50:56 am
      John Barnes''legend''of a player. Like many ''legend'' ex-player's they don't half speak sh*te. :jackoff:
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #55: Jan 10, 2011 02:47:32 pm
      I  don't understand why people have such a problem with our ex-players giving their opinion. It's just an opinion, and as long as they are giving it honestly, to me there is no problem whether I agree with them or not. Certainly doesn't make me think less of them as the player or legend that they were anyway.

DumDore
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts |
      Reply #56: Jan 10, 2011 03:10:33 pm
       I wish ex-players wouldn't take the pieces of gold, just to give certain media organisations the quotes they love to here..
      A-BoY
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 30 posts |
      • Born As a RED, Live As a RED, Die As a RED
      Reply #57: Jan 10, 2011 03:12:57 pm
      F**k this s**t hole... Just wait and see
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #58: Jan 10, 2011 03:37:57 pm
      If you go by wage bill and even current market value of the squad we are top 5, maybe behind Chelsea, United, Arsenal, and the emerging Man City.

Teams like Spurs, Sunderland, Newcastle, Bolton may have more points on the table right now than us but their wages and squad values are way lower.

Many other Prem league teams including those mentioned are also playing better passing football than us right now with cheap players.  Many of the managers are getting more out of their low cost players than Roy, and even Rafa towards the end of his reign were getting out of ours more expensive players.

An example Wolves have a guy from my home town club Gillingham, (Matt Jarvis) who cost them buggar all, and he is ripping teams apart down the wings.

We have people who cost 10x as much doing sweet fanny adams.

If the motivation, tactics, training etc all improve then we will be top 4 material again.  If 3 or 4 quality players are added as well then we would be a title chasing side.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #59: Jan 10, 2011 04:39:30 pm
      lovely how this little piece of journalism completely ignores the europa league.

as for John, he should know better that Liverpool fans will never get used to it.

what I find intriguing is how a squad that changed so little since last season was then expected to finish in the top 4, and the manager heavily criticized, is now seen as just average.

football pundits... they are all prophets of what has already happened.

Quick Reply