Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Vote for your Man of the Match.

Pepe Reina
      56 (22.6%)
      Martin Kelly
      178 (71.8%)
      Daniel Agger
      8 (3.2%)
      Lucas Leiva
      6 (2.4%)
      Maxi Rodriguez
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 245

Manchester Utd 1-0 Liverpool: In-game and Post Match Thoughts

Read 74650 times
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Re: Manchester Utd 1-0 Liverpool: In-game and Post Match Thoughts
      Reply #1173: Jan 09, 2011 10:44:55 pm
      Calmed down a bit now, the ref is a bell end and decided the game with two bad decisions but we can't change that now, we can only focus on our own performance which was much, much improved in all areas of the pitch.  Made up with the boys today, particularly Kelly.  Onwards and upwards, bring on the Tangerines!
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,326 posts | 1524 
      Reply #1174: Jan 09, 2011 11:15:54 pm
      I left it a while to post to cool down a bit. Voted young Kelly mom, not only for his performance, but also for the fact he stepped up to the challenge at short notice. A young lad, still learning his trade and he never put a foot wrong. Who said we don't have any players coming through the ranks. There may not be many but this lad's a gem. Delighted it was not just me who voted for him. As for the rest, terrific courage and commitment and were still trying to go for it at the death. A fantastic effort from all quarters. Dissapointed with the ref. 1 Never a penalty. 2. Nani had a two footed off the floor challenge about two minutes before Stevies and....NOTHING ! No surprises there then. Dissapointed with Stevie G for his challenge, he would surely know it was a sending off for jumping in two footed with the slightest of contact. Heat of the moment and all that, and Nani had just got away with one although it wasn't as hard. Ref possibly could have given a yellow but following the penalty, it seemed he was always looking to favour utd. More dissapointed we'll be without Stevie G for three games than the result, Howard Webb's a closet utd fan/ fergie arse licker, that's been well known for some years, so didn't expect much else from him.  Strange thing is, we lost to the scum under dubious circumstances, but on the whole I'm a lot happier than I was last week. I've not had time to read the previous posts so if it's already been said my apologies. Let's move onwards and upwards. Happy days ahead.
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #1175: Jan 09, 2011 11:17:16 pm
      no doubt the referee won the game for them. in the circumstances kenny made good team selections. united players pratice diving in training.they seem to have perfected it. kelly should play every week. more passion more desire definately  but torres still a major problem loss of form
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #1176: Jan 09, 2011 11:37:03 pm
      As expected,Kenny's tactics and team set up were spot on.Can't fault the players efforts,and of course the referee performed to expectations at this venue.Regardless Brothers,we have a credible Manager in place,who is one of us,I personally don't give a f*ck about the FA Cup.I want Kenny to get us in the top 6 and a trip to Dublin.Long live the "King".
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #1177: Jan 10, 2011 12:22:46 am
      I can't calm down. I just drove 5 hours home am knackered but I'm still buzzing off my tits. How can I feel like this after a loss?! Must be the fact that we were all united again in a positive way fully supporting the MANAGER and the team. Amazing atmosphere lads, I think it was more like 11 v 12 there were ten Lfc players on the pitch but an extra man from the noise of the crowd. Just a shame we had too steep a hill to climb to get a result.

Long live the king! I hope kenny still has what he had 15 years ago as I will be over the moon to see him have the job permanently.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #1178: Jan 10, 2011 12:29:27 am

Hahaha, I love his reaction when he was asked 'How does it feel to be back in the job?'.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1179: Jan 10, 2011 01:25:48 am
      Interesting thing this evening FSC here in the States was showing a December 2001 match between LFC and Arsenal at Anfield.......during the match one of the Arsenal players (Van Derhoot?) was booked on a trip...about 10 minutes later he was running shoulder to shoulder with Sami and then flopped on purpose....replay showed it clearly...the Ref booked him a yellow then the red came out. The announcers made mention how important it was to pull the card out so players would know faking a flop was wrong.

Thins sure has changed alot over the past decade.
      Arnie
      • Forum John Toshack

• 249 posts |
      Reply #1180: Jan 10, 2011 01:55:03 am

Makes a change from Woys away games. Prob best away game all season in my opinion.
      Barring Spurs I would agree.

Our defense looked much more solid today, a byproduct of decent fullbacks.
      TartanRed
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 205 posts |
      • Shankly! Shankly!
      Reply #1181: Jan 10, 2011 03:20:46 am
      Can I just say I love Kenny Dalglish?

I can...well that's good.

He got it spot on re the 'penalty' but I did think it was a red.

He also got it spot on re Kelly. Top stuff youngling.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #1182: Jan 10, 2011 03:52:33 am
      Martin Kelly defended desperately, he was solid and focused, what a kid. Miles ahead in the poll and on the field. I am sure Dalglish knows to start playing him and we will see Johnson on the wing - Glen has already been good at attacking and bad at defending and Kenny is not an idiot, I'm sure we'll actually see Johnson lined up there.
      ozgooner
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 697 posts |
      • P-38 W-26 D-12 L-0 'Victoria Concordia Crescit'
      Reply #1183: Jan 10, 2011 05:39:36 am
      So i see Man U were awarded their usual penalty . Webb is a disgrace , i'd love to see the amount of penaltys that he has awarded to Man U . Clearly he is biased . I was so hopin that you would flog those cnuts and F**k up their unbeaten run .
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #1184: Jan 10, 2011 05:43:51 am
      So I see Man U were awarded their usual penalty . Webb is a disgrace , I'd love to see the amount of penaltys that he has awarded to Man U . Clearly he is biased . I was so hopin that you would flog those cnuts and f**k up their unbeaten run .

4 peno's in the last 6 games he's done United games. Incredible stat in itself.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1185: Jan 10, 2011 05:52:34 am
      Still gutted after the loss but surprisingly no tears!

Howard Webb cost us that game today, there is no other explanation. He's a c**t.

Was very impressed with the majority of the lads today. Loved KK subs and the timing of them. Didn't wait till 80 minutes to make a change. What a welcome relief that was.

Must say that the two incidents that cost us were Howard Webb's doing but felt that Agger and Stevie both put themselves into that situation where Webb was just ready to F**k us over. They made it easy for him.

Berbaflop was in the box facing the by line, all Agger had to do was coral him but he stuck the foot in and even though everyone of us knows no contact was made that c**t was always going to point to the spot as soon as that c**t dived.

As for Stevie well I was screaming for him to get up and support Torres but na he wanted to do things his own way in the middle of the park leaving a flustered and frustrated Torres up top on his own. Stevie didn't even have to be in that contest but as soon as that c**t saw his studs up and saw that F**k Carrick rolling round, we all knew Stevie was gone.

2 F**k ups from Webb that our lads shouldn't have even given him the opportunity to put hat whistle into his mouth.

Oh well, out of the FA Cup in the 3rd round again however at least we saw changes made early and we didn't have to see that clueless c**t Roy rubbing his chin on the touchline. Bet ya he had a smile on his face when the whistle went.  >:(

Before I leave this thread forever I have to say what the F**k was Meireles doing? Thought he was absolutely sh*t, had big hopes for the lad but was very distressed to see the way he played yesterday, thought he was our worst player on the park by a mile and was glad when he got subbed.
      The Kop Kid
      • Forum Steve Staunton

• 150 posts |
      Reply #1186: Jan 10, 2011 06:06:07 am
      No shame in this result. A blatant dive for their goal and the usual sh*te display from Mr. Webb.
      Welcome back to the fight Kenny.
      dizzy141
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 837 posts | 27 
      Reply #1187: Jan 10, 2011 06:50:38 am
      Howard Webb what a c**t!!!!!

I thought the team looked better I like the fact that Kenny made the double sub with plenty of time for them to make an impact even though we were down to 10 men (Webb = c**t)! manure did not walk all over us!!

Kenny can make the difference and you can see by the way he setting up the team and the way  he coducts his interviews.
      grewalge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,087 posts | 82 
      Reply #1188: Jan 10, 2011 07:20:49 am
      I don't know if this has been brought up, but I watched the game on FOX and wow the announcers were rooting for us for a change !
        Anyone else think Lucas played sh*t, which i think is a good side, cuz we were title contenders when he used to be sh*t, and we will be again ! Long Live the King !
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,353 posts | 2819 
      Reply #1189: Jan 10, 2011 07:38:50 am
      Can't wait for revenge in the league.

We'll beat them at Anfield, it's written.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #1190: Jan 10, 2011 08:29:32 am
      Given has had no time with the players in the training ground yet, much better attitude.

By accident (Johnson's wife going into labour) or design, Aurelio and Kelly are the way forward (baring any new signings) at fullback.

Just need FSG to dip their hands in the pockets now,
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1191: Jan 10, 2011 08:36:29 am
      A heartening performance all 'round.

Without doubt the sending off changed the whole dynamic of the game; up until then, irrespective of the dodgy penalty, we never looked in danger. Playing that bit higher up the pitch we were able to, stifle the scum, play closer to Torres and give our defenders room to defend in.

This is what our players are good at, this is what they do best. Natural order would appear to have been restored and therefore we can all see light at the end of the tunnel. Kenny gave no quarter and wasn't afraid to defend his team, our team.

The confidence will be flowing through the players now that they know they won't face public ridicule. They will respond and we will climb; of that i've no doubt.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1192: Jan 10, 2011 09:19:31 am
       It was definately "different" watching the game in the Man U end, I won't be doing that again no matter how bad I want to see it. Speaking as someone who has frowned upon some of our more provocative chants before (I know it won't go down well on here to admit that but it's true so there it is), it has to be said they deserve all they get. Some of the stuff being spouted from the Mancs is f****** disgraceful, and if I hadn't have heard it I wouldn't have believed it. I won't repeat it here as no doubt you fellas who go regular have heard it all before, but suffice to say I saw things with a new perspective.

As for the game, I thought we stuck at it well. The penalty was at the opposite end to me, but it even looked suss from where I was. Obviously one look at the TV at half time confirmed it as in Kenny's words, a "joke". The sending off also looked harsh to me, I thought Carrick made a meal of it and it was just a full blooded challenge. Mereiles (who was very poor) probably contributed to it by bottling out of a challenge with their right back two minutes earlier, I think Stevie was trying to reset the tone a bit and although he probably was a bit OTT, it was never a red for me.

From then on, as many have said Kelly was excellent and we gave it a go. We still look to me to be short of quality in crucial areas to be really a top team (I suppose we knew that anyway) but there were encouraging signs. The fans (ours) were absolutely magnificent, from a defiant half hour sing song right outside the main entrance to Old Trafford which had their fans and the police sh!tting themselves, to the "Scousers rule and don't you forget it banner" inside, to the constant support of the players and the manager.

We lost/were robbed, but it felt good to be a Liverpool fan again. 
      Garett
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 377 posts |
      Reply #1193: Jan 10, 2011 10:55:04 am
      Kelly was already outstanding against Chelski, against Malouda. Funny Roy prefers Glen still. Not saying Glen is bad, but he's better one position above imo.
      Also just a few games cant say he's a very good player. I for one, noticed kelly only do a similar no-look pass along the line to midfield many times when he's pressured by Giggs.
      Pretty predictable, but prolly just not wanting to mess up or need confidence. still better than high ball though =.=

Last but not least as ever, Howard Webb 1 - 0 Liverpool
      « Last Edit: Jan 10, 2011 11:00:35 am by Garett »
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #1194: Jan 10, 2011 11:10:49 am
      The fans (ours) were absolutely magnificent, from a defiant half hour sing song right outside the main entrance to Old Trafford which had their fans and the police sh!tting themselves, to the "Scousers rule and don't you forget it banner" inside, to the constant support of the players and the manager.

We lost/were robbed, but it felt good to be a Liverpool fan again. 

Mick, I arrived about 11.30am and we were about the 2nd coach there. I got off the coach and walked out the gate to get some grub and this was the 1st sight I saw.

About 30-50 LFC supporters outside the gate singing out loud with the usual songs and then "Oh Manchester is full of sh*t" came belting out. I then watched the police move more officers into position and when I came back with my burger there was a line across the road. The woman copper said "sorry no one is allowed past this line" I said Im with the away fans and she replied "what Liverpool"..er yes love that is who Man U are playing today.

The atmosphere was electric in our end and deafoning at times, I really had no idea if the mancs were singing or not.

When we got back on our coach we were told by our driver that the police had been clearing skips full of bricks and rocks along the expected routes back to the motorways from yesterday evening on reports that the coaches were going to be attacked as they left.

Did anyone else hear this on their coach at all....??
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1195: Jan 10, 2011 11:18:00 am
      Well Mick you might understand the vitriol towards UTD fans they arent called the Scum for nothing.Fairplay to anyone who went its not something I would relish.
      This is the first time in a long long time after a defeat I am not in a bad mood on Monday and I am so looking forward to Wednesday.
      Utd stil have to come here and I like old sayings like "what goes around comes around" (something like that).
      You could see Ferguson wasnt happy that Kenny was back lets face it he had him in his pocket both as a player and as a manager.

Quick Reply