Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Vote for your Man of the Match.

Pepe Reina
      56 (22.6%)
      Martin Kelly
      178 (71.8%)
      Daniel Agger
      8 (3.2%)
      Lucas Leiva
      6 (2.4%)
      Maxi Rodriguez
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 245

Manchester Utd 1-0 Liverpool: In-game and Post Match Thoughts

Read 74549 times
      RyanBabs
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Re: Manchester Utd 1-0 Liverpool: In-game and Post Match Thoughts
      Reply #1196: Jan 10, 2011 11:20:03 am
      Agger's face says it all...
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1197: Jan 10, 2011 11:24:31 am
       (sorry should have quoted SM here, can't get used to these heavy traffic sites).

The Mancs were singing mate, but most of the songs are either prompted by us (Their "murderers" for our "Liv-er-pool" etc etc, or by the tannoy giving them a head start). It's loud when they all get up for it, but from the opposite end of the ground you could still clearly hear Liverpool, and during the "bounces" it looks absolutely fantastic. We stayed behind to see the players getting back on the coach (although not for all as it was f****** freezing) and walked out into the Liverpool fans. Those that were getting trams back into Manchester then had a good old sing song there as well, as well as having our tram bouncing so much it felt like it was going to come off the tracks. There was loads of Mancs around but none of em spoke up, just as well really as I was 100% certain at one point it was going to kick off.

The thing outside the ground though was a nice swan from someone like me who hasn't been for f****** years, a real show of defiance and presence. I lived in NZ for three years and it was stuff like that, and feelings like that which made me come back. It was an expensive weekend what with the train, the hotel, the ticket and Saturday night out. Tell the truth I couldn't afford it more than once in a blue moon, but despite getting robbed in the game and having to put up with some sickening Manc chants, it was well worth it.  
      LFCexiled
      Reply #1198: Jan 10, 2011 11:29:04 am

The thing with that picture is it proves 100% it was webb who gave the penalty as about 2 seconds after that was taken Dagger gives it the 'get up you dived' gesture which he wouldn't have done if the linesman would have given it.

Given the fact that the linesman had a better view than webb the linesman is as guilty as webb for not calling him over, lack of bollocks.

When the officials are against you you haven't got a hope.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #1199: Jan 10, 2011 11:46:04 am
      I've calmed down a bit now!

That banner was unreal :) Just keep the mancs in check

The fans were brilliant. Even until the last minute, all you could hear was "You'll Never Walk Alone". Brilliant, every one of the fans that travelled.

The team looked better for a start anyways.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,880 posts | 2695 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1200: Jan 10, 2011 11:54:17 am
      I've calmed down a bit now!

The fans were brilliant. Even until the last minute, all you could hear was "You'll Never Walk Alone". Brilliant, every one of the fans that travelled.

The team looked better for a start anyways.

As most of you know i love your anthem YNWA. However, the scarfs were missing, i remember the old days looking into the Kop you could only see the scarfs when you were singing your song  ;D
      redpool
      • Forum David Johnson

• 217 posts |
      Reply #1201: Jan 10, 2011 12:46:30 pm
      Michael Owen helped Manchester United knock his former club Liverpool out of the FA Cup yesterday, and then said he is not surprised at how swiftly Liverpool have plummeted down the Premier League table.

Not of this is Owen's concern anymore, although he remains close to Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher and has strong opinions about life at his old club.

"I am not particularly surprised," he said. "I would say their position reflects where they are right now. They are in the middle of a transitional period and off the pitch they have had a change of ownership.

"They are also very reliant on a couple of star players and if they are out injured, they have tended to struggle."

Although Owen's move to Manchester United ensures he will never be welcomed back into the Liverpool fold with open arms, it does allow him a detached perspective. And even if he opts not to share the information he has been given, it is evident things have been going badly wrong behind the scenes.

"I don't think they would ever forgive me if I said what they had told me," said Owen. "Throughout all those successful years Liverpool built their foundation on passing and moving.

"But, from when I was there, everything has changed, barring two players. They even got rid of the doctors and the medical staff. Maybe there have not been enough Liverpool players over the last 10 years.

"If there was just one reason, then it would have been fixed. But there have been so many."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jan/10/michael-owen-liverpool-manchester-united

The mercenary is rejoicing  at our demise and guess what, he might just collect his long sought after League champion medal after all at the end of the season.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1202: Jan 10, 2011 12:50:42 pm
      His demise started when he left Rafa without a striker. Failed at Real, went down with NUFC bench warmer at UTD and absentee England player for a couple of years now. Yup moving really did bring you success didnt it.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #1203: Jan 10, 2011 01:02:35 pm
      Michael Owen.

bitter.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1204: Jan 10, 2011 01:07:21 pm
      Like I said when that twisted f*ck Fergie sent Mickey O on I hoped he would pull up with a hamstring again.

Oooh.
      Is that bad of me?

:lmao:
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,974 posts | 237 
      Reply #1205: Jan 10, 2011 01:11:59 pm
      I have never felt good after a loss. Especially after losing to cnuts because in India the majority like the Manures. But, I was buzzing yesterday. Everything was perfect and we could have won had the match not been 12 vs 10. But, its funny. I started following Liverpool for Owen. And now he goes to scumbags and talks sh**te.

Anyways, the King is back. Cometh the hour, Kenneth the man!
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1648 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1206: Jan 10, 2011 01:22:01 pm
      Thought he was way to good for us and headed off to Real were he started feck all games and was a bit part player.
      Then off to Newcastle where he was paid a fortune to do a Darren Anderton impression.
      And then, instead of going somewhere were he might actually get regular games, he decides to be a bench warmer at old toilet.
      Owen's about money and status, or what he percieves to be status. Loyalty and pride, not so much. No time for anything he says.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #1207: Jan 10, 2011 01:25:26 pm
      Like I said when that twisted f*ck Fergie sent Mickey O on I hoped he would pull up with a hamstring again.

Oooh.
      Is that bad of me?

That was tame to some of the things I heard in the stands...!!
      Dynami:t
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 701 posts | 31 
      Reply #1208: Jan 10, 2011 03:24:33 pm
      Liverpool vs ManU

09/01/11 lost 1-0 - referee Howard Webb
      19/09/10 lost 3-2 - referee Howard Webb
      21/03/10 lost 2-1 - referee Howard Webb
      25/10/09 won 2-0 - referee Andre Marriner
      14/03/09 won 4-1 - referee Alan Wiley

hmm... ineresting ;)

MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #1209: Jan 10, 2011 03:34:17 pm
      Howard Webb's kids have denied their Dad is a secret Man Utd fan. "He is totally unbiased" Alex, George, Bobby, Matt and Cristiano stated.
      Ann_Field
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 390 posts |
      Reply #1210: Jan 10, 2011 03:34:58 pm

Oooh.
      Is that bad of me?

Yes absolutely wicked of you  :f_tongueincheek:   :lmao:
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1211: Jan 10, 2011 03:41:42 pm
      Damn shame I started following Liverpool because of that c**t Michael Owen. I can't wait until his next PR packet when the Scum dump him.
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #1212: Jan 10, 2011 03:46:10 pm
      Howard Webb's kids have denied their Dad is a secret Man Utd fan. "He is totally unbiased" Alex, George, Bobby, Matt and Cristiano stated.
      Hilarious +1 ;D
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 760 posts | 38 
      Reply #1213: Jan 10, 2011 04:12:17 pm
      Never a penalty, questionable sending off.Howard Webb a joke,just about sum's it up. Absolutly pissed off with Manc fan's.
       But the difference in performance was remarkable. Welcome back Kenny,looking forward to the rest of the season.
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,184 posts | 527 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #1214: Jan 10, 2011 04:17:05 pm
      I wasn't able to watch the game live on sunday, but today I've watched a few different highlights clips and every fricking time I get so pissed and frustrated. Sir alco's bi*ch web, was their 12th player on the pitch that's a fact!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,880 posts | 2695 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1215: Jan 10, 2011 04:23:11 pm
      I agree it wasn't a Penalty but he got the red card right in my opinion.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1216: Jan 10, 2011 04:25:25 pm
      I agree it wasn't a Penalty but he got the red card right in my opinion.

The thing that annoyed me most about that red, was he'd let off Evans for two very bookable challanges earlier.  But most refs are always 'homers'....
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,880 posts | 2695 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1217: Jan 10, 2011 04:30:41 pm
      The thing that annoyed me most about that red, was he'd let off Evans for two very bookable challanges earlier.  But most refs are always 'homers'....

I though Giggs should have had a penalty in the second half but that went completely unnoticed  :-\ Considering you went down to ten men you have to be happy the way the defence held up though.
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 760 posts | 38 
      Reply #1218: Jan 10, 2011 04:32:58 pm
      Both players had stud's up so if it was a sending off both should of gone,Carrick stayed down and winged like a little kid and so Stevie got sent off.Anyway all over now roll on the donkey lashers.

Quick Reply