Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Vote for your Man of the Match.

Pepe Reina
      56 (22.6%)
      Martin Kelly
      178 (71.8%)
      Daniel Agger
      8 (3.2%)
      Lucas Leiva
      6 (2.4%)
      Maxi Rodriguez
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 245

Manchester Utd 1-0 Liverpool: In-game and Post Match Thoughts

Read 74532 times
      emsy28
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 545 posts | 12 
      Re: Manchester Utd 1-0 Liverpool: In-game and Post Match Thoughts
      Reply #1219: Jan 10, 2011 04:33:45 pm
      It was a sending off but the penalty so early on set the tone for the game,i.e spoilt the game.
      As Liverpool fans it's just so frustrating seeing you given penalty's like yesterday's and then get given decisions in your favour like the West Brom game when Neville should get sent off and also the stoke away game when the same player should have gone.
      Do United fans not see the favouritism that goes for them week in week out?!!!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,861 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1220: Jan 10, 2011 04:38:03 pm
      It was a sending off but the penalty so early on set the tone for the game,I.e spoilt the game.
      As Liverpool fans it's just so frustrating seeing you given penalty's like yesterday's and then get given decisions in your favour like the West Brom game when Neville should get sent off and also the stoke away game when the same player should have gone.
      Do United fans not see the favouritism that goes for them week in week out?!!!

Like ive said before, we both get them in our favour at times. Don't forget you lads got out of jail in the one at Birmingham recently! or have you forgotten that one??
      emsy28
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 545 posts | 12 
      Reply #1221: Jan 10, 2011 04:43:05 pm
      Exactly that one!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,861 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1222: Jan 10, 2011 04:49:05 pm

There's more than one but there never highlighted on here when they do  ;D
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #1223: Jan 10, 2011 04:53:12 pm
      Like ive said before, we both get them in our favour at times. Don't forget you lads got out of jail in the one at Birmingham recently! or have you forgotten that one??

I can only think of that one bad decision in our favour, can you think of others?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,999 posts | 3950 
      Reply #1224: Jan 10, 2011 04:55:59 pm
      I though Giggs should have had a penalty in the second half but that went completely unnoticed  :-\ Considering you went down to ten men you have to be happy the way the defence held up though.
      More than happy Keith, would have been happier if they didn't have to tread on eggshells with the blatant diving and play acting by your Prima Donna's ably assisted of course by your 12th man,
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #1225: Jan 10, 2011 05:10:15 pm
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #1226: Jan 10, 2011 06:11:11 pm
      Cant believe how even after a defeat to the Mancs I feel so positive today.

Firstly, just the sight of Kenny leading us out again was amazing.

Thought that Kelly was superb closely followed by Pepe and Agger for my MOM. The way we worked our bollax off after Stevie got the red filled me with so much pride and hope for the rest of the season.

Not going to say to much about the ref, it was never a penalty but I couldnt really see the Stevie challenge and havent seen it back on tv so cant comment. From what I was texted it could have gone either way.

Thought our fans were great too, not sure how it came over on TV but it sounded loud where I was! Best chant had to be "Fergie's right...your fans are sh*te" ;D Bit of a pain to be kept beyond for 45mins but you expect that at OT.

On the negative side, I saw a bit of the trouble caused by our fans, damage to the toilets and seats being broken etc and the Munich chants were bang out of order. The majority were fantastic though and just underlines we are the best in football.

Bring on Blackpool and the Bitters.............
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,861 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1227: Jan 10, 2011 06:20:13 pm

On the negative side, I saw a bit of the trouble caused by our fans, damage to the toilets and seats being broken etc and the Munich chants were bang out of order. The majority were fantastic though and just underlines we are the best in football.

Strange is that cos i never heard the Munich chants myself and i was pretty close to the fans. I saw quite a few do the aeroplane bit which is obviously scum supporters that you get at every club  :-\
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #1228: Jan 10, 2011 06:23:40 pm
      Strange is that cos I never heard the Munich chants myself and I was pretty close to the fans. I saw quite a few do the aeroplane bit which is obviously scum supporters that you get at every club  :-\

There were unfortunatly Keith, it was a small minority so the sound couldnt have travelled far. Where were you? Fans to the right of me (corner of I think the North stand??) heard them for sure.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,861 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1229: Jan 10, 2011 06:31:18 pm
      There were unfortunatly Keith, it was a small minority so the sound couldnt have travelled far. Where were you? Fans to the right of me (corner of I think the North stand??) heard them for sure.

I was the other side. S22. Liverpool fans were in S21 which is the corner of the scoreboard end.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #1230: Jan 10, 2011 06:33:11 pm
      I was the other side. S22. Liverpool fans were in S21 which is the corner of the scoreboard end.

Like I said, out of order regardless.

Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #1231: Jan 10, 2011 06:41:33 pm
      I was sat right next to the mancs behind the goal. The few of our supporters who were doing the plane were in fairness, although still not right but in reaction to the hillsborough slurs from the mancs.

In fairness with the huge difference in the tragedies it is stupid to react to them. I guarantee large proportion of the manc fans don't really feel too strongly about the Munich disaster anymore because of how long ago it was and who it happened to. Whereas hillsborough is still a fresh wound and effects a lot of.people greatly who could and probably were in the crowd.

Should have just not bothered reacting and giving them the sick satisfaction of winding us up.

I mean seriousl just because its at a football match why does that make it fair game to taunt people about the death of a loved one, its sick. Totally sick.
      JFT96_LFC
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 619 posts |
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1232: Jan 10, 2011 07:09:06 pm
      Dissapinted we lost the game obviously but the team showed more commitment and desire as the King said. Although was less than pleases with Nando, When he went off as a sub that was the most running he did all game. Really hope King Kenny gets the best out of him again. Martin Kelly for me was MOTM, excellent display from him and would hope he is our regular right-back and Glen is moved forward. Pepe - consistent as ever, not his fault about the penalty. Howard Webb is a total c*nt though, cannot stand the pr*ck. Glad we outsung their fans at OT...Again. Overall not too bothered we're out of the FA Cup, Gives King Kenny and the team a focus on Europa and the League. Can't wait until the derby.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,578 posts | 6916 
      Reply #1233: Jan 10, 2011 07:48:10 pm
      When we got back on our coach we were told by our driver that the police had been clearing skips full of bricks and rocks along the expected routes back to the motorways from yesterday evening on reports that the coaches were going to be attacked as they left.

Did anyone else hear this on their coach at all....??

We drove back along Chester Road.  We did a U-turn because all hell had broken loose and there were loads of vans, bikes etc heading down towards the corner.  It was by a pub so I assumed that a couple of LFC coaches had been bricked as it waited in traffic.  Whether there was a ruck after that I don't know.  All I do know is a lot of coppers got a lot of double overtime this Sunday in Manchester.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #1234: Jan 10, 2011 08:06:23 pm
      ^^ Was naughty that wasn't it.

Ref ruined that game for me. But the way we applied ourselves was an improvement enough for me. Unlucky lads!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,999 posts | 3950 
      Reply #1235: Jan 11, 2011 05:15:31 pm
           ^     ^     ^
      All day Kenny.
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #1236: Jan 12, 2011 08:53:55 am
      I was at the game East Stand Tier 2 Block E335
      I never saw any trouble at all apart from a few chairs
      being broken after Gerrards sending off.
      I was surprised there wasnt more bother especially
      after being kept in there so long after the final whistle.

Had a f***in ball apart from the dodgy pen!!

Fergies right yer fans are sh*te
      Fergies right yer fans are sh*te

They give us sh*t over heysel/ hillsbrough
      We give them sh*t over Munich.

Thats the way it is...
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,276 posts | 799 
      Reply #1237: Jan 12, 2011 09:12:39 am
      Thought the character our team showed after the ridiculous penalty decision, and Stevie getting sent off (it was a slip ;) ) was brilliant! You can see a new lease of life driven into the fans and players alike by the appointment of Kenny! Massive improvement on our performances under Roy, and long may it continue! Martin Kelly was MOM without a doubt, great performance by the youngster! Glen will have is work cut out for him to get his place back, which is good, hopefully he'll realise he has to step up his performances to get a place in the side!

Quick Reply