Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Europa League 2023/24 QF and SF draw

Read 1665 times
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Re: Europa League 2023/24 QF and SF draw
      Reply #23: Mar 17, 2024 12:39:58 pm

Make a deal with ye, I’ll stay with her relatives you stay in a hotel, doubt we’ll get tickets but no worries plenty of boozers and Guinness available 🤣🤣🤣🤣

YNWA

Would be an idea. She's trying to arrange a few days down there if we get to the final. We had our honeymoon in Dublin believe it or not.Less said about that the better.

As I said registered with Uefa...and they asked me for my passport number....feck's sake. Fingerprints and DNA print out next.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #24: Mar 18, 2024 08:36:33 pm
      Ticket info won't be out till April at least. Registered with UEFA just in case there is half a chance. Nip down the road for me. Might even traipse down even if I haven't gorra ticket.

She's got relations close by but rather kip in a hotel and have a wonder round the next day.

If the lads make it I'll be heading down as well all being well and don't expect to have a ticket.

Buses home into the early hours which is handy
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #25: Mar 18, 2024 09:00:10 pm
      How much you reckon tickets will be on open market?

Ps…. You’ll need a bigger boat!!!
      Harrisimo
      • Started Topic

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #26: Mar 20, 2024 11:27:44 am

Well your next Euro final will be...well they'll be a McDonalds on the moon before that happens.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #27: Mar 20, 2024 02:02:43 pm
      Well your next Euro final will be...well they'll be a McDonalds on the moon before that happens.

:lmao: Could of least answered the question.  ;D
      Harrisimo
      • Started Topic

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #28: Mar 20, 2024 03:37:51 pm
      :lmao: Could of least answered the question.  ;D

Well I don't know how much the tickets will be. Obviously I would pay the face value price. That wouldn't be a big issue for any fan I would think. It's the final and you pay the price-end of.

But I would never buy from a tout or pay over the odds. Chance of me getting a ticket are very low as I don't attend any home games, as I live in in N. Ireland.
      Harrisimo
      • Started Topic

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #29: Mar 20, 2024 06:20:59 pm

Last year ticket prices were 40 Euros for disabled people with one carer free entry. Other tickets were 65 to 150 Euros each. Clubs got 15,000 tickets each, and the allocation process of these tickets was organised by the clubs involved.Plus an allocation will be for UEFA fans worldwide.  The Aviva Stadium in Dublin holds 51,000. Last year in was in Budapest with a 63,000 capacity.

The winners will play the winners of the Champions League in the Super Cup.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #30: Mar 20, 2024 06:36:37 pm
      Last year ticket prices were 40 Euros for disabled people with one carer free entry. Other tickets were 65 to 150 Euros each. Clubs got 15,000 tickets each, and the allocation process of these tickets was organised by the clubs involved.Plus an allocation will be for UEFA fans worldwide.  The Aviva Stadium in Dublin holds 51,000. Last year in was in Budapest with a 63,000 capacity.

Allocation for both finalists rumoured to be 13,000 this year.
      Harrisimo
      • Started Topic

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #31: Mar 20, 2024 06:46:48 pm
      Allocation for both finalists rumoured to be 13,000 this year.

Yes last year it was 15,000 each and about the same for the UEFA worldwide fans. A total of 46,000 odd. The rest went to "Local structure, UEFA and national organisations, commercial partners and broadcasters".

https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/news/0280-17d420f38593-9047b1ddfb2b-1000--applications-closed-for-europa-league-final-tickets/

13,000...if we make it we could probably sell double that. Got to get there first.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #32: Mar 20, 2024 08:49:56 pm

13,000...if we make it we could probably sell double that. Got to get there first.

On this one I disagree wholeheartedly, you’d fill the stadium with your own fans and more if you make it. I honestly think there will be major major problems if the likes of Leverkusen join you in the final. Unless contingency plans are set up Liverpool fans are going to have a nightmare on this one.
      Harrisimo
      • Started Topic

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #33: Mar 20, 2024 08:58:27 pm
      On this one I disagree wholeheartedly, you’d fill the stadium with your own fans and more if you make it. I honestly think there will be major major problems if the likes of Leverkusen join you in the final. Unless contingency plans are set up Liverpool fans are going to have a nightmare on this one.

Wise words. 51,000 is not a lot for a Euro final. And yes we could fill the stadium. The nightmare in Paris in '22 V Real Madrid will never be forgotten.

Still I'm sure this final will be handled professionally by the Irish FA. 13.000 is obviously not enough for us.Probably be enough for most.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #34: Mar 20, 2024 09:36:05 pm
      Wise words. 51,000 is not a lot for a Euro final. And yes we could fill the stadium. The nightmare in Paris in '22 V Real Madrid will never be forgotten.

Still I'm sure this final will be handled professionally by the Irish FA. 13.000 is obviously not enough for us.Probably be enough for most.

Think about it? It’s Klopps last game ( for now!) it’s in Ireland which also has many wool scousers over there. 😂 Even that daft kunt across the water will be there.   :lmao:  Just remember I told you so if you make the final. 😉😂
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #35: Mar 20, 2024 11:06:50 pm
      Never quite understood the logic to have these smaller stadiums for finals. 

Obviously a lot of backhanders going to UEFA but you would think they would learn their lesson. 

The two teams that reach finals in all three of the European competitions are going to either be a) big clubs or b) (in the case of the conference league) teams that are likely reaching their first ever European final so will no doubt have a big contingent of fans/locals attending.

Most of the allocation is for corporate anyway, so a 50,000 stadium is probably only going to have about 25,000 going to clubs supporters max.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #36: Mar 20, 2024 11:41:18 pm
      The conference thing West Ham won was a proper piss take. 20,000 capacity or so of which I think each team got about 5,000 tickets. The allocation in these events shows where UEFA's priorities lie i.e. overwhelmingly with corporate sponsors and the like.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #37: Mar 21, 2024 11:20:48 am
      Well I don't know how much the tickets will be. Obviously I would pay the face value price. That wouldn't be a big issue for any fan I would think. It's the final and you pay the price-end of.

But I would never buy from a tout or pay over the odds. Chance of me getting a ticket are very low as I don't attend any home games, as I live in in N. Ireland.

Don’t give a sh*t about a ticket, why waste all that money when you could spend it on Guinness and still soak up the atmosphere, which will be unbelievable, yes you can’t beat being at the match but for a major final tickets will be extortionately expensive and not truly worth the experience, whereas you can still feel apart of the same euphoria watch the match on a big screen, with a  great view with hundreds of fellow Reds, for a fraction of what a ticket will cost, no brainer for me !!

YNWA
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #38: Mar 21, 2024 11:28:41 am

Keith if you wanna go you can play the retard, won’t be too difficult, just stick  yer tongue out and Fluck off United a lot you’re used to it, I’ll be you’re carer and just feed you smarties every so often, what d’ya reckon mate, buddy, pal, chum and never call you Fuckwit again, promise !!

YNWA
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #39: Mar 21, 2024 01:44:15 pm

Keith if you wanna go you can play the retard, won’t be too difficult, just stick  yer tongue out and Fluck off United a lot you’re used to it, I’ll be you’re carer and just feed you smarties every so often, what d’ya reckon mate, buddy, pal, chum and never call you Fuckwit again, promise !!

YNWA

At 63 years young Billy I’d be your carer 😂 Like you I wouldn’t pay  those prices if I had it mate. A can of Diet Coke and cheesey crisp will do me in front of my 70 inch screen. 😂
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #40: Mar 24, 2024 06:34:22 pm
      Quote from JD
      Never quite understood the logic to have these smaller stadiums for finals. 

Obviously a lot of backhanders going to UEFA but you would think they would learn their lesson. 

The two teams that reach finals in all three of the European competitions are going to either be a) big clubs or b) (in the case of the conference league) teams that are likely reaching their first ever European final so will no doubt have a big contingent of fans/locals attending.

Most of the allocation is for corporate anyway, so a 50,000 stadium is probably only going to have about 25,000 going to clubs supporters max.

Our last final was at a stadium with 80,000+ seats. It turned into a fiasco.

The stadium was awarded this final, as compensation for missing out on hosting the Euros in 2021. We've had games many times there before, there's never been any issue. And we won't be short of support, if the Scousers can't make the short hop across the water, the local element of the fanbase will comfortably make up the shortfall. In terms of a European final, it's about as close as we can get to being at home.

It could easily be Liverpool v Roma again. In that case, the build up will probably focus on recalling events from the last time the teams met, rather than the scoreline.

Quick Reply