Trending Topics

Next match: Genk v LFC [Champions League] Wed 23rd Oct @ 8:00 pm
      Luminus Arena

Today is the 20th of October and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W8 D8 L9

Pundits and Commentators

Read 137497 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,196 posts | 3688 
      Re: Pundits and Commentators
      Reply #1500: Sep 24, 2019 04:41:48 pm
      There's something about Moaninho now that makes me want to punch him in the face. Smug little pube.

To be fair, he still f**king loves us. Has always wanted to manage us and his words about our singing of YNWA in madrid on bein sports were special.
      tezmac
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,530 posts | 179 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1501: Sep 24, 2019 07:02:48 pm
      The man is a spoilt brat
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,984 posts | 823 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1502: Sep 25, 2019 10:10:26 am
      To be fair, he still f**king loves us. Has always wanted to manage us and his words about our singing of YNWA in madrid on bein sports were special.

Yeah, know he's said nice things about us - but wouldn't trust him as far as could punt him, and so glad he never got to manage us, cause he'd have left us in sh*te like he's left other teams.

And now the commentary/pundit thing, sittin there looking smug and superior, like he hadn't ballsed up in recent years in mgmt., spouting sh*te a fair bit of the time, getting little jibes in.
      I'm no Chavs fan, but think Lampard is handling himself well, and he made a comment on Sunday after loosing, something like 'the fans are supportive right now and will give us some time', and Maureen turned it into 'they should watch out cause you don't want to get used to loosing', which is obviously true, but Frank had already said he understands he needs to start cutting out errors and getting results, Moaninho just turned it in a really annoying way. Dunno, hard to explain, but he has a turn of phrase that makes you want to clock him.
      GERNS

• 7,406 posts | 522 
      Reply #1503: Sep 25, 2019 02:30:22 pm

All he’s about is getting his arse into Anfield as manager after Klopp. It’ll be his first BIG club to manage and he’ll creep all he can to try and slither in.
      Slimy two faced c**t. What did he say after the game when Stevie slipped ?
      Oh yeah, “Ha ! They thought the clowns were coming”
      Total w**ker if you ask me. Never want to see him at Anfield even as a spectator.
      tezmac

• 6,530 posts | 179 
      Reply #1504: Sep 25, 2019 04:28:29 pm
      Dont want to see him in anfeild ever
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,032 posts | 897 
      Reply #1505: Sep 25, 2019 04:45:25 pm
      All he’s about is getting his arse into Anfield as manager after Klopp. It’ll be his first BIG club to manage and he’ll creep all he can to try and slither in.
      Slimy two faced c**t. What did he say after the game when Stevie slipped ?
      Oh yeah, “Ha ! They thought the clowns were coming”
      Total w**ker if you ask me. Never want to see him at Anfield even as a spectator.

I think his days with a big club are over. The game has changed from the style where he won all his trophies. People tolerated his personality when he could win them trophies, but now that he's not in synch, who wants a tw*t like that around?

Maybe he will manage Portugal for the World Cup, he's mentioned that in the past . Otherwise, job assignments (if he goes anywhere) will probably start looking more and more desperate.

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,698 posts | 1928 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1506: Sep 25, 2019 05:29:02 pm
      Dont want to see him in anfeild ever

Cleaning the toilets perhaps
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,196 posts | 3688 
      Reply #1507: Sep 26, 2019 08:10:49 pm
      Yeah, know he's said nice things about us - but wouldn't trust him as far as could punt him, and so glad he never got to manage us, cause he'd have left us in sh*te like he's left other teams.

And now the commentary/pundit thing, sittin there looking smug and superior, like he hadn't ballsed up in recent years in mgmt., spouting sh*te a fair bit of the time, getting little jibes in.
      I'm no Chavs fan, but think Lampard is handling himself well, and he made a comment on Sunday after loosing, something like 'the fans are supportive right now and will give us some time', and Maureen turned it into 'they should watch out cause you don't want to get used to loosing', which is obviously true, but Frank had already said he understands he needs to start cutting out errors and getting results, Moaninho just turned it in a really annoying way. Dunno, hard to explain, but he has a turn of phrase that makes you want to clock him.

Not particularly arsed either way just going on stuff I've read about him, in that he's always liked us ever since he saw our 84 team smash Benfica all over the shop in Lisbon and was supposedly who we had decided on as manager in 2004 until he legged it up the Old Trafford touchline and then we went after Rafa.
      Salavaria
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 372 posts | 41 
      Reply #1508: Sep 29, 2019 09:46:46 am
      I had a dream last night in which I was watching a football match between LFC and a horde of evil creatures from The Lord of the Rings (or it could have been Man U... difficult to differentiate... after Moyes and Solksjaer, they might as well have done with it and appoint Gollum himself). At one point, Bobby Firmino skipped around a couple of orcs but then was hacked down by an uruk hai who proceeded to tear off Bobby's leg and gnaw on the jetting stump. Suddenly, Steve McManaman pipes up: 'Nah, Fletch, not a foul... there's nothing in that.'
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,116 posts | 308 
      Reply #1509: Sep 29, 2019 11:47:25 am
      Fat Sam on GOS had to turn off to watch songs of praise having sly digs at us left right and centre cant stand him
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,113 posts | 416 
      Reply #1510: Sep 29, 2019 03:07:11 pm
      Fat Sam on GOS had to turn off to watch songs of praise having sly digs at us left right and centre cant stand him

Bit of a throw back to the 60's when a big mouth bloated bluffer could get in. Very few of them played it straight.Backhanders were commonplace. Some had patches of success or less failure than others. Usually found out in the end. Fat Sam did better than the average bluffer.

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,370 posts | 3399 
      • @MrPrice1979
      Reply #1511: Oct 06, 2019 08:19:32 am
      Danny Murphy blaming Choudhery's 'tired legs' for his tackle on Salah even though he'd just come on the pitch.
      GERNS

• 7,406 posts | 522 
      Reply #1512: Oct 06, 2019 09:34:19 am
      Danny Murphy blaming Choudhery's 'tired legs' for his tackle on Salah even though he'd just come on the pitch.

😂😂😂😂😂😂
      RedWilly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,982 posts | 1071 
      Reply #1513: Oct 06, 2019 11:00:30 am

Haha what does that even mean.

Tired legs lead you to spring after a player and launch into him. Have a day off

The fact he says things like that immediately after he’s come on, shows that half these pundits don’t even watch the games they are providing input on.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,536 posts | 3246 
      Reply #1514: Oct 06, 2019 11:48:32 am
      Watching MOTD and said to my Mrs during the LFC game - ‘wait for Shearer to say that was never a penalty on Manè’!

Would’ve bet my life on the most biased commentator on MOTD being totally consistent.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,113 posts | 416 
      Reply #1515: Oct 06, 2019 01:21:40 pm
      Watching MOTD and said to my Mrs during the LFC game - ‘wait for Shearer to say that was never a penalty on Manè’!

Would’ve bet my life on the most biased commentator on MOTD being totally consistent.

Shearer has to be the most miserable git ever to appear on MOTD. He's got a face like a smacked arse.The personality of a slug. Not saying he doesn't know the game but give him the slightest excuse to have a pop at us and he's off on one.

No wonder he has stayed out of managership.His team talks would be soul destroying.He could depress for England.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,032 posts | 897 
      Reply #1516: Oct 06, 2019 01:26:31 pm
      Haha what does that even mean.

Tired legs lead you to spring after a player and launch into him. Have a day off

The fact he says things like that immediately after he’s come on, shows that half these pundits don’t even watch the games they are providing input on.

That last part especially I agree with. Whoever hires these guys seems to be looking at name recognition over insight every time. It's not what you know but who you know. They can say pretty much whatever and keep the job.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,113 posts | 416 
      Reply #1517: Oct 06, 2019 01:33:49 pm
      That last part especially I agree with. Whoever hires these guys seems to be looking at name recognition over insight every time. It's not what you know but who you know. They can say pretty much whatever and keep the job.

Danny Murphy was going along with the anti Liverpool agenda put over by Shearer. He's a bit intimidated by Shearer. He meekly agreed with misery guts Shearer on the penalty..Shearer said to excuse the tackle from behind before laying into Mane.."It's a contact sport"...but the contact has to be within the rules of the game..he forgot to mention that.
      tezmac

• 6,530 posts | 179 
      Reply #1518: Oct 06, 2019 03:06:42 pm
      Can't stand anyone on MOTD the lot are biased, remember Gary L celebrating when Barca beat us 3-0. Bunch of morons
      RedPuppy
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,468 posts | 1984 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #1519: Oct 06, 2019 03:16:50 pm
      Only watch MOTD for the VT, I find the commentary and analysis always has an agenda, and the tone of the in match commentary on the Liverpool games is quite patronising against us.
      tezmac

• 6,530 posts | 179 
      Reply #1520: Oct 06, 2019 03:18:36 pm
      That's what I usually do bunch of snides
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,536 posts | 3246 
      Reply #1521: Oct 06, 2019 03:33:53 pm
      Shearer has to be the most miserable git ever to appear on MOTD. He's got a face like a smacked arse.The personality of a slug. Not saying he doesn't know the game but give him the slightest excuse to have a pop at us and he's off on one.

No wonder he has stayed out of managership.His team talks would be soul destroying.He could depress for England.

He was a f**king snide in his playing days with professional fouls and unprofessional fouls before the days of VAR,  seems like those snide 'qualities' have stuck with him.
      chats
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 22,090 posts | 814 
      Reply #1522: Oct 06, 2019 04:11:13 pm
      Hahahaha, the fume! Absolutely love it!

https://twitter.com/GaryLineker/status/1180859535218614272
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,196 posts | 3688 
      Reply #1523: Oct 06, 2019 04:31:02 pm
      Tbh I don't why you lot get so worked up over Shearer. I honestly don't think he has an agenda against especially as Kenny is his no 1 hero.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,536 posts | 3246 
      Reply #1524: Oct 06, 2019 04:35:05 pm
      Tbh I don't why you lot get so worked up over Shearer. I honestly don't think he has an agenda against especially as Kenny is his no 1 hero.

How could anyone have an agenda against Sir Kenny Dalglish?
      Shearer is still an arsehole tho.

Quick Reply