Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Pundits and Commentators

Read 439854 times
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,202 posts | 914 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Re: Pundits and Commentators
      Reply #1656: Dec 09, 2019 09:48:58 pm
      Ha ha! Dead right too, hope she wasn't angry with you!

No she wasn't happy.......but only for missing the game
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #1657: Dec 09, 2019 11:13:23 pm
      Rafa brilliant here on MNF, so much adoration for him!
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,152 posts | 1284 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #1658: Dec 09, 2019 11:19:08 pm
      Rafa is just pure class. It oozes out of his every pore. A great man. Could listen to him all night. One of the best MNF's in ages.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,903 posts | 818 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #1659: Dec 09, 2019 11:23:37 pm
      That was indeed a masterclass from Rafa completely forgot Arsenal had played.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1660: Dec 10, 2019 12:10:19 am
      Considering some of the crap I've listened to on the wave of football podcasts I listen to on a Monday, you wouldn't think we had the second best attacking and defensive record in the league right now. The way some of them have painted our defensive troubles, you'd think we were languishing in mid-table.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1661: Dec 10, 2019 11:42:13 am
      Danny Mills said City's Jesus would replace Bobby in a Liverpool team. they are thick as pig sh*t.

Hahahah. Danny Mills has given himself a real complex when it comes to Liverpool.

To be fair to him though for a man of little to no talent at either football or punditry, hes fashioned himself a decent living!

At the moment he seems to have found a little niche a few pundits have gone down of being an odious c**t and profiting off the backlash.

It's not pretty, it's not sensible but people tune in for the laugh or for the exasperation his bollocks creates.

Basically a poorer version of Chris Sutton who has mastered it a bit better than Danny.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,921 posts | 4985 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1662: Dec 10, 2019 01:31:45 pm
      Seen some clips on Youtube/twitter. Carra's a much better interviewer than he is a pundit.

Love Rafa though - lovely to see him doing well and enjoying his time in China.

I saw yesterday that it was 15 years since that Gerrard screamer against Olympiakos. (Can scarcely believe it. Where does the time go?) Such a sweet sweet moment that me and my brother, both listening on radio, hold dear. We'd shared a room together and had the radio on whilst we took it in turns playing GTA San Andreas on the PS2 (that game was all the rage at that time). It was only as the second half wore on that my brother had to switch it off, with both of us huddled around the radio as the noises of Anfield streamed through the speakers and into our bedroom (and what a noise - never had we been so absorbed and fixated). I can still recall Alan Green's spontaneous outburst 'WHAT A GOAL!!!!' and the sheer ecstacy that erupted between me and my brother when Gerrard struck.

We'd won trophies in the Houllier years prior to Rafa but with Olympiakos (and onwards to Istanbul) but at this point I was 14 which is an incredibly impressionable age ans I don't think I'd truly understood the magic, culture and sheer power of this football club until that moment. It was a big bang moment that welded me, and my brother, to this club for life. If I could bottle one memory of my time supporting Liverpool it'd be that one. Though great moments unravel as time goes on (as we saw earlier this year), it kind of makes me quite melancholy when I see that particular moment drift further back into time.

But yeah back on topic... for that Rafa will always be number 1 for me.

:lmao:
      Love that wee story FmS,
       I'm sat here in my truck with a huge beaming smile, love stories just like yours, remembering where you were at specific times when magical things happen like Olympiacos,

I was at home watching with my now ex missus,  I woke the baby up screaming with delerium when Ste Smashed that goal in, she spent the next 40 mins trying to get the wee fella back to sleep while I danced all round the living room in total helplessness,

She came downstairs and told me in no uncertain terms ' Grow up Ffs your 42 not f***in two,  bi*ch !  :lmao:

A magical moment I'll take to my grave .

YNWA

andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,345 posts | 1620 
      Reply #1663: Dec 11, 2019 10:33:20 am
      Danny mills the winner of so many trophy’s
      Liverpool are not playing well their just being more effective
      To think these fckin half wits get paid for that
      True old saying it’s not what you know but who you know eh can’t make it up
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,921 posts | 4985 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1664: Dec 11, 2019 12:42:23 pm
      Is it just me or does anyone else think the Comms Messers Fletcher & Macmanaman were more exuberant when Saltzberg attacked than when we were,
      It sounded as though they wanted us to trip up, their comments were definitely more  negative if and when our attacks broke down and more excited when Saltzberg got close,

This is not the first time I've noticed this with this pair !
      Am I on to something or am I imagining things ?

YNWA
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,514 posts | 1766 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1665: Dec 11, 2019 01:08:13 pm
      The Rafa interview with Carra was brilliant. but cant help seeing darren farley now, everytime rafa speaks. ;D
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,170 posts | 4904 
      Reply #1666: Dec 11, 2019 02:09:35 pm
      Is it just me or does anyone else think the Comms Messers Fletcher & Macmanaman were more exuberant when Saltzberg attacked than when we were,
      It sounded as though they wanted us to trip up, their comments were definitely more  negative if and when our attacks broke down and more excited when Saltzberg got close,

YNWA

Probably.

Can't stand Macca's co commentary but I'm pretty sure it was Ian Darke with him last night.
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #1667: Dec 11, 2019 10:32:13 pm
      At the end of the BT’s analysis of tonight’s spurs game Gary linekar asked Glenn hoddle, Rio Ferdinand and Crouch who they think will win the CL this year.. all 3 said Liverpool with Glenn hoddle and Rio struggling to think of anyone else while crouch said PSG are strong but Liverpool..

This is all a bit mad to me how good our football team is
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1668: Dec 12, 2019 01:14:23 am
      At the end of the BT’s analysis of tonight’s spurs game Gary linekar asked Glenn hoddle, Rio Ferdinand and Crouch who they think will win the CL this year.. all 3 said Liverpool with Glenn hoddle and Rio struggling to think of anyone else while crouch said PSG are strong but Liverpool..

This is all a bit mad to me how good our football team is

Now we just have to go out and do it.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #1669: Dec 12, 2019 01:37:16 am

YNWA

Me peronally I don't really take notice of commentators.  I get so much into the game that i basically ignore them.  But yesterday I kept thinking on a few occasions is that Macca?  Who is the commentator?   

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1670: Dec 14, 2019 04:56:17 pm
      Steve McManaman can do the decent thing and f**k off for all eternity. Pessimistic drawling, moaning c**t.

Nothing is ever a great goal in his mind. There are only faults and failure in football, never does he recognise pure and brilliant skill. He's a charlatan who has stolen a living as a TV pundit. F**k off.
      « Last Edit: Dec 14, 2019 06:24:57 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,202 posts | 914 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1671: Dec 14, 2019 05:21:59 pm
      Steve McManaman can do the decent thing and f**k off for all eternity. Pessimistic drawing, moaning c**t.

Nothing is ever a great goal in his mind. There is only faults and failure in football, never does he recognise pure and brilliant skill. He's a charlatan who has stolen a living as a TV pundit. F**k off.

Take it you don't like him ?
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,358 posts | 1028 
      Reply #1672: Dec 14, 2019 05:22:43 pm
      He seems a bit indifferent.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1673: Dec 14, 2019 05:43:20 pm

First words after Salah's curling first goal

'I think that's where the wind comes in handy'

F**k off. Just give credit to the player for once you bellend.

And then every 10 seconds

'It' s offside, it's offside, it's offside...

Put a sock in it you rag doll mop head.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1674: Dec 14, 2019 05:57:05 pm
      First words after Salah's curling first goal

'I think that's where the wind comes in handy'

F**k off. Just give credit to the player for once you bellend.

And then every 10 seconds

'It' s offside, it's offside, it's offside...

Put a sock in it you rag doll mop head.

Wow, in what world is today's opener not a great goal?
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,514 posts | 1766 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1675: Dec 15, 2019 09:04:10 am
      Bruce Grobb, was brilliant before the game on BT. ;D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,152 posts | 8541 
      Reply #1676: Dec 15, 2019 02:06:25 pm
      Steve McManaman can do the decent thing and f**k off for all eternity. Pessimistic drawling, moaning c**t.

Nothing is ever a great goal in his mind. There are only faults and failure in football, never does he recognise pure and brilliant skill. He's a charlatan who has stolen a living as a TV pundit. F**k off.

Maybe the blue still beats heavily in him :laugh:
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,008 posts | 3352 
      Reply #1677: Dec 15, 2019 06:04:46 pm
      Maybe the blue still beats heavily in him :laugh:

The worst for that is Carragher.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1678: Dec 21, 2019 04:25:50 pm

he is morphing into Andy Gray ever since the spitting incident he has gone full Corporate team SKY.
      Also why are we getting Micah Richards on as a pundit these days he is useless

Quick Reply