Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Arsenal [Premier League] Mon 28th Sep @ 8:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 25th of September and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W12 D4 L9

Pundits and Commentators

Read 195683 times
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,754 posts | 2510 
      Re: Pundits and Commentators
      Reply #2050: Aug 15, 2020 10:08:42 pm
      That or McClaren in Holland, what f**king posessed them to think it was a good idea.

And this classic ;D

https://youtu.be/jnJtdWPOVUU

srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,754 posts | 2510 
      Reply #2051: Aug 23, 2020 10:17:15 pm
      F**k me Rio Ferdinand talks some sh*te.
      chats
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 23,407 posts | 1076 
      Reply #2052: Aug 23, 2020 10:25:33 pm
      F**k me Rio Ferdinand talks some sh*te.

BT coverage in general is absolutely shocking. Rio and Hargreaves in the studio with Darren Fletcher and Macca on commentary - couldn't really make it any worse if you tried.

Champions League on Sky and ITV was so much better.
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,754 posts | 2510 
      Reply #2053: Aug 23, 2020 10:27:57 pm
      BT coverage in general is absolutely shocking. Rio and Hargreaves in the studio with Darren Fletcher and Macca on commentary - couldn't really make it any worse if you tried.

Dire. McManaman is another huge sh*te talker as well. Very poor coverage indeed.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 31,151 posts | 4619 
      Reply #2054: Aug 23, 2020 10:39:50 pm

Not a f**king chance! Tyldsley constantly slobbering on about that night in 99 and the usual muppets in Keys, Gray and Tyler on Sky. BT ain't that bad in comparison.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,167 posts | 2581 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #2055: Aug 25, 2020 10:15:45 am

What ruins it for me is Mcmanaman’s voice, it’s not designed for commentary of any description, i actually cringe when he & Des Kelly ramble on the pitchside prior to the game, I know then that Macca will be gobbing off from KO, but wish he’d F**k off,

In the studio to be fair Camel face (Rio) isn’t too bad but Hargreaves looks like he’s been dragged through a bush and just talks bollocks, on Sunday he managed to put a tie on, but unfortunately it wasn’t tight enough we could still hear him.

I’d rather Sky do it but on the condition Tyler is bound, gagged and locked a cupboard for a week !

Y  N  W  A
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,675 posts | 2296 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #2056: Aug 25, 2020 11:36:43 pm
      Fletch this and fletch that - bt sport's commentary is like an episode of porridge
      TameImpala
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,547 posts | 803 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #2057: Aug 27, 2020 09:57:33 am
      Sky have sacked a load of the Soccer Saturday panel - Thommo, Le Tissier & Charlie Nicholas

Quite a shame really, quite enjoyed the show and always had a few laughs watching it. Probably going to replace them with a load of robots who talk about heat maps x xG
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,675 posts | 2296 
      Reply #2058: Aug 27, 2020 10:04:18 am
      Sky have sacked a load of the Soccer Saturday panel - Thommo, Le Tissier & Charlie Nicholas

Quite a shame really, quite enjoyed the show and always had a few laughs watching it. Probably going to replace them with a load of robots who talk about heat maps x xG

Going to be more diverse apparently
      TameImpala
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,547 posts | 803 
      Reply #2059: Aug 27, 2020 10:27:04 am

If it is then it's a pretty stupid move. Plenty of Diversity on Final Score with Gabby Logan, Garth Crooks etc but Soccer Saturday is still a far more popular show and I think it's down to the chemistry between the pundits, who have been there for 20 years in some cases. Seems silly to mess with a winning formula
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,362 posts | 860 
      Reply #2060: Aug 27, 2020 10:35:10 am

Yeah and we know what that means sadly. Nothing wrong with the current panel as you can have some great laughs listening to them. Its now going to be replaced with donkeys who know f**k all about football. They will lose veiwing figures after listening to the new donkeys for a week or two.

F***ing wankers.
      TameImpala
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,547 posts | 803 
      Reply #2061: Aug 27, 2020 10:48:25 am
      Its now going to be replaced with donkeys who know f**k all about football.

F***ing wankers.

I think the problem with a lot of the newer pundits is that they know too much about football and lack any kind of personality. I find a lot of the newer, more articulate pundits the most boring. I think Micah Richards is the only one who has came through recently that has a bit of personality about him
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,754 posts | 2510 
      Reply #2062: Aug 27, 2020 10:49:32 am
      If it is then it's a pretty stupid move. Plenty of Diversity on Final Score with Gabby Logan, Garth Crooks etc but Soccer Saturday is still a far more popular show and I think it's down to the chemistry between the pundits, who have been there for 20 years in some cases. Seems silly to mess with a winning formula

Haven't watched that show in years band when I did it annoyed the hell out of me.

Clueless bellends like Charlie Nicolas and Matt Le Tissier we can do without.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,335 posts | 650 
      Reply #2063: Aug 27, 2020 10:52:16 am

I wellcome more diversity but I don't know why they have to make a big play of it. Should just be a natural progression.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,362 posts | 860 
      Reply #2064: Aug 27, 2020 11:06:49 am
      I think the problem with a lot of the newer pundits is that they know too much about football and lack any kind of personality. I find a lot of the newer, more articulate pundits the most boring. I think Micah Richards is the only one who has came through recently that has a bit of personality about him

Yeah i agree, having that personality makes a big difference. Can't say any of the new batch been much good yet.
      brezipool
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,597 posts | 399 
      • COME ON THE REDMEN !
      Reply #2065: Aug 27, 2020 11:38:05 am

love soccer saturday. I fear your right, I worry its the cardboard cutouts they have during midweek that get more airtime.

And as noted it will probably be more diverse, which is fine, but couldve done that without totally binning some folk.

beardo number 7
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 336 posts | 91 
      Reply #2066: Aug 27, 2020 11:50:17 am
      Haven't watched that show in years band when I did it annoyed the hell out of me.

Clueless bellends like Charlie Nicolas and Matt Le Tissier we can do without.

I’d rather listen to those two than that absolute wa**er Clinton Morrison with his stupid gangsta way he talks 😡
      TameImpala
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,547 posts | 803 
      Reply #2067: Aug 27, 2020 12:10:23 pm
      love soccer saturday. I fear your right, I worry its the cardboard cutouts they have during midweek that get more airtime.

And as noted it will probably be more diverse, which is fine, but couldve done that without totally binning some folk.

Thing is as well, Phil Thompson has won 3 European Cups and countless league titles. They'll probably replace him with some mid table bum who's had a few elocution lessons
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,675 posts | 2296 
      Reply #2068: Aug 27, 2020 01:04:02 pm

The worse thing is keeping that tw*t merson. Must be worried about him going off the wagon
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,675 posts | 2296 
      Reply #2069: Aug 27, 2020 01:15:56 pm
      On the plus side, won't have to put up with Charlie Nicholas tipping us to lose every week
      TameImpala
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,547 posts | 803 
      Reply #2070: Aug 27, 2020 01:29:24 pm
      The worse thing is keeping that tw*t merson. Must be worried about him going off the wagon

You'd think that, but they had no problem rolling him out for the SkyBet adverts even though he had a well-documented Gambling addiction
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,167 posts | 2581 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #2071: Aug 27, 2020 01:53:59 pm
      Yeah and we know what that means sadly. Nothing wrong with the current panel as you can have some great laughs listening to them. Its now going to be replaced with donkeys who know f**k all about football. They will lose veiwing figures after listening to the new donkeys for a week or two.

F***ing wankers.

Controversial decisions from Sky, it is no coincidence that they will probably have more black faces to show they are being more diverse, absolutely nothing wrong in that except sacking three of the usual suspects for that reason is wrong, perhaps a more diplomatic way of making such changes would be to alternate those who appear on a weekly basis,

Recently we’ve seen more of Clinton Morrison who I think is brilliant, he says it how it is and hasn’t got that self ego personality,

Micah Richards is funny, he has a more light hearted persona about him but you can tell he’s not going to be a typical pundit, in saying that he will bring about the modern point of view and will know more about the mindsets of modern footballers,

Alex Scott is a breath of fresh air and brings with her a females perspective of the game, I’m old school and still have reservations in that respect, I realise the game is moving on and equality has a major role to play in the future of the sport, people like myself just have to accept that this is the way forward and get used to it,

As for Thommo, Le Tiss & Charlie bhoy they are just victims of our times unfortunately, they have enjoyed a long period on soccer Saturday and go with some real funny memories, life moves on as we all know, I just hope the new faces show a level of expertise equal to those who they replace.

P.S.  Shame they couldn’t find a replacement for that old Kunt Tyler !

Y  N  W  A
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,675 posts | 2296 
      Reply #2072: Aug 27, 2020 02:15:36 pm
      Sky have also binned Scott minto who presented a fair bit of the efl coverage and for me was one of their best presenters
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,807 posts | 3043 
      Reply #2073: Aug 27, 2020 02:23:36 pm
      The thing that gets on my tits about pundits, who are supposed to be experts, is their lack of understanding of our system.

So many of them seem to see football as only 442.
      I mean they'll talk about us having a 433, or previously a 4231, but as soon as they start analysing, they immediately drop back into 442 mode.
      One minute they're talking about how many assists our fullbacks get, then the next minute they bang on about a "lack of creativity from midfield" as though the two things are entirely unrelated.

They still talk about us having no "box to box midfielder", when we don't actually play a system where one would make sense.

They contradict themselves constantly.

So I stopped listening to them.
      They're mostly full of sh*t dinosaurs that are still obsessed with 442, because they haven't taken the time to understand how Klopp's systems work.
      TameImpala
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,547 posts | 803 
      Reply #2074: Aug 27, 2020 11:59:52 pm
      Forgot about this classic last season 😂

He'll certainly be missed

https://twitter.com/NoContextScouse/status/1298720691764596736?s=19

Quick Reply