Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Atalanta [Champions League] Wed 25th Nov @ 8:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 25th of November and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D9 L4

Pundits and Commentators

Read 204588 times
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,000 posts | 461 
      Re: Pundits and Commentators
      Reply #2225: Oct 19, 2020 04:41:12 pm
      Surely you can’t think that mate?

It was 100% deliberate and done with intent. I’m not saying that because of the outcome or because I hate everton, I’m saying it as somebody who’s played football his entire life. 

You do not leave the ground like that unless you want to seriously clatter your opponent. Not having anybody using the excuse of he’s a keeper and his job is to ‘make himself big’. He leapt three foot in the air and went in with his feet and scissored him.

He might not have wanted to cause a bloody ACL injury but I’ve got no doubt what so ever he meant to clatter Virgil.

Disgaree richarlisons was worse too. Both reckless but atleast richarlisons was an old fashioned 50-50 with the ball to be won. Pickfords was border-line assault.

That is my take as well. If this was hockey the next game would be a bloodbath.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 31,459 posts | 4736 
      Reply #2226: Oct 19, 2020 04:41:13 pm
      Carra in his desperation to come across as a unbiased commentator has gone down in my estimation in his backing of Pickford.
      Almost screaming at Souness yesterday on Sky.....

Easy to do that through a screen, would not have done it in person.
      Kopite78
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,865 posts | 2435 
      Reply #2227: Oct 19, 2020 04:43:23 pm
      Surely you can’t think that mate?

It was 100% deliberate and done with intent. I’m not saying that because of the outcome or because I hate everton, I’m saying it as somebody who’s played football his entire life. 

You do not leave the ground like that unless you want to seriously clatter your opponent. Not having anybody using the excuse of he’s a keeper and his job is to ‘make himself big’. He leapt three foot in the air and went in with his feet and scissored him.

He might not have wanted to cause a bloody ACL injury but I’ve got no doubt what so ever he meant to clatter Virgil.

Disgaree richarlisons was worse too. Both reckless but atleast richarlisons was an old fashioned 50-50 with the ball to be won. Pickfords was border-line assault.

I do yeah

And I'm.ssying it also as someone who played for 25 years

F***ing awful technique but not intentional

Agree with Carra on it. He used his tackle on Nani as a tackle with intent to hurt and he didnt think Pickfords was either and I agree with him

Richarlison far worse in my opinion (as someone who played cm for 25 years too) as the whole thing was in front of him

Ultimately the only person who knows is pickford so I guess we will all just have to agree to disagree on it

And again for the record I'm not defending  him whatsoever

He deserved  a red
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 31,459 posts | 4736 
      Reply #2228: Oct 19, 2020 04:44:09 pm
      A scissor kick challenge is beyond reckless it endangers the safety of a fellow professional, so premeditated or not makes no difference

We definitely don't have a leg to stand on after Kuyt's challenge at the tip!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 31,459 posts | 4736 
      Reply #2229: Oct 19, 2020 04:46:21 pm
      I’m sure Kuyt went in thigh high against Everton or was that Gerrard..?

I’ve seen the vid of the tackle a few times now & Prickford goes for the ball initially but once he realised he won’t make it he decided to take Virgil out deliberately in my opinion..

That was Kuyt
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,288 posts | 1235 
      Reply #2230: Oct 19, 2020 08:34:35 pm
      I do yeah

And I'm.ssying it also as someone who played for 25 years

F***ing awful technique but not intentional

Agree with Carra on it. He used his tackle on Nani as a tackle with intent to hurt and he didnt think Pickfords was either and I agree with him

Richarlison far worse in my opinion (as someone who played cm for 25 years too) as the whole thing was in front of him

Ultimately the only person who knows is pickford so I guess we will all just have to agree to disagree on it

And again for the record I'm not defending  him whatsoever

He deserved  a red

It was absolutely intentional based on his positioning at the time, his tackling style, height of tackle, and Virgins position at the time he was on the byline not charging at him with the ball head on. I can’t be arsed looking for the images but remember it clearly, have a look at his follow through after saving the ball from a Mandzukic shot in the semi of the WC.

Followed by a get up “you Fukn tw*t” he’s an utter little c**t.
      Kopite78
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,865 posts | 2435 
      Reply #2231: Oct 19, 2020 08:35:36 pm
      It was absolutely intentional based on his positioning at the time, his tackling style, height of tackle, and Virgins position at the time he was on the byline not charging at him with the ball head on. I can’t be arsed looking for the images but remember it clearly, have a look at his follow through after saving the ball from a Mandzukic shot in the semi of the WC.

Followed by a get up “you Fukn tw*t” he’s an utter little c**t.

I'm not saying he isnt at all
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,347 posts | 2530 
      Reply #2232: Oct 20, 2020 09:24:37 am
      I think he probably meant to clatter into Virgil but I don't think he wanted to injure Virgil, in any case it should have been a straight Red.
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,952 posts | 2558 
      Reply #2233: Oct 21, 2020 07:41:31 pm
      Michael Owen talking out of his arse there. Trent will miss Van Dijk the most covering.

Virgil doesn't even play that side.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,414 posts | 2679 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #2234: Oct 22, 2020 05:20:54 am
      Michael Owen talking out of his arse there. Trent will miss Van Dijk the most covering.

Virgil doesn't even play that side.

He was just trying to impress his mate sat to his right   :f_whistle:

YNWA
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,056 posts | 4361 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2235: Oct 23, 2020 02:36:05 am
      Martin Tyler within first 20 mins of our match

"Ajax will dominate the ball"    :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Since when has a Team dominated us with the ball?

Liverpool look uncharacteristically shaky at the back" ...no sh*t Sherlock, we just lost our Best CB and one of, if not, the best CB in the World!

F***ing Moron!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,155 posts | 1689 
      Reply #2236: Oct 24, 2020 01:33:35 pm
      Paul Merson just said without a hint of sarcasm or irony that the Richarlison 'tackle' on Thiago wasn't a red card offence because he tried to pull out.

Time he went as well as the other old boys who got the chop on soccer saturday.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 31,459 posts | 4736 
      Reply #2237: Oct 24, 2020 01:49:18 pm
      Paul Merson just said without a hint of sarcasm or irony that the Richarlison 'tackle' on Thiago wasn't a red card offence because he tried to pull out.

Time he went as well as the other old boys who got the chop on soccer saturday.

He should of been put out to pasture in 2007 or 2008 when he pissed himself laughing at the thought of us beating Barca.

Just another in a long line of thick cliche ridden southerner footballers who sky employ for some fu**ed up reason. See Jamie Redknapp, Joe Cole, Tony Gale, Tony Cascarino. Offer nothing but sh*t cliches and a tired view on football.
      GERNS

• 8,591 posts | 740 
      Reply #2238: Oct 24, 2020 04:24:33 pm
      Just reading through these last posts.

Are these cu*ts for real ? They just spout what sounds like tactical nouse without looking at how we play.
      Clearly bullshitting their way to a decent pay cheque.
      About time they were pulled up on the spot and asked to explain their comments. If they can’t come up with a viable explanation, Chuck em out !
      Regular fans on the street have more current knowledge than these tests.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,930 posts | 3348 
      Reply #2239: Oct 24, 2020 04:36:41 pm
      He should of been put out to pasture in 2007 or 2008 when he pissed himself laughing at the thought of us beating Barca.

Just another in a long line of thick cliche ridden southerner footballers who sky employ for some fu**ed up reason. See Jamie Redknapp, Joe Cole, Tony Gale, Tony Cascarino. Offer nothing but sh*t cliches and a tired view on football.

The very credentials that qualify for employment as a Sky pundit.
      Pay them no attention never listen to commentary on matches on TV.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 31,459 posts | 4736 
      Reply #2240: Oct 24, 2020 05:02:29 pm
      The very credentials that qualify for employment as a Sky pundit.
      Pay them no attention never listen to commentary on matches on TV.

It's not so much the actual match commentary more like after match analysis or stuff on Soccer Saturday, everything they spout is just tired old cliched bollocks.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,930 posts | 3348 
      Reply #2241: Oct 24, 2020 05:33:40 pm
      It's not so much the actual match commentary more like after match analysis or stuff on Soccer Saturday, everything they spout is just tired old cliched bollocks.

The majority of the sh*te is affected commentary  and when there is a neutral pundit calling it like it is he is talked down by the other bullshitters.
      We all know the rules mate and played a bit of footie so can form an opinion without the bollox from jaundiced commentators being paid to sensationalise.
      « Last Edit: Oct 24, 2020 06:17:26 pm by stuey »
      Dadorious

• 9,288 posts | 1235 
      Reply #2242: Nov 01, 2020 05:31:55 am
      F**k Jim Beglin too.

He was baying for a West Ham point or win so badly.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,412 posts | 5067 
      Reply #2243: Nov 01, 2020 02:38:30 pm
      When did Danny Murphy turn into a complete bellend. Despise these TV celebs who feel controversy is better than facts.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,541 posts | 677 
      Reply #2244: Nov 01, 2020 02:42:15 pm
      Souness having a pop at Mo for diving. I mean when Mo & Sadio take their boots off..their toes are like artichokes, they've been stomped on that much...and Souness is complaining just because Mo lost his balance. Liverpool players DO NOT DIVE...they just lose their balance..
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,347 posts | 2530 
      Reply #2245: Nov 01, 2020 03:13:51 pm
      Souness having a pop at Mo for diving. I mean when Mo & Sadio take their boots off..their toes are like artichokes, they've been stomped on that much...and Souness is complaining just because Mo lost his balance. Liverpool players DO NOT DIVE...they just lose their balance..

in fairness, it was kind of a dive from Mo, but that is the game nowadays, Mo would be an idiot if he didn't go down. I think Souness was more bemoaning the fact that that kind of tap on the shoe is given as a foul rather than having a pop at Mo.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,541 posts | 677 
      Reply #2246: Nov 01, 2020 07:10:13 pm
      Rat Boy having another pop at Ole. Just because he played for them he talks as if he automatically knows what's best for United. Ditto Roy Keane. Just total knowalls. Keane says "time to panic"....got steam coming out of his ears..doesn't take much to wind him up..."I'm surrounded by idiots.."

Think Ole is doing a fine job. He's getting good results..sometimes. So lay off the man, give him space to do the job. Little bit inconsistent but he is 3 pts from going on a run.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,318 posts | 128 
      Reply #2247: Nov 01, 2020 07:35:51 pm
      As usual 'its clever by arry kane' whereas yesterday it was a dive by salah. That big donkey really is their darling
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,677 posts | 935 
      Reply #2248: Nov 01, 2020 09:10:40 pm

Course it was a dive. granted he got clipped  but Salah getting a bad rep for it now.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,677 posts | 935 
      Reply #2249: Nov 01, 2020 09:12:49 pm
      Rat Boy having another pop at Ole. Just because he played for them he talks as if he automatically knows what's best for United. Ditto Roy Keane. Just total knowalls. Keane says "time to panic"....got steam coming out of his ears..doesn't take much to wind him up..."I'm surrounded by idiots.."

Think Ole is doing a fine job. He's getting good results..sometimes. So lay off the man, give him space to do the job. Little bit inconsistent but he is 3 pts from going on a run.

F**k him, he needs the sack. Consistency is everything if your going to win a league.

Quick Reply