Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Pundits and Commentators

Read 440476 times
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Re: Pundits and Commentators
      Reply #2231: Nov 02, 2020 12:58:37 pm
      Tony Cascarino has come out and said Salahs dive was an insult to Nobby Stiles and the game he loved.

Not one for hyperbole then 🤣
      Mo will note that the next time he gets taken down in the box by some useless defender what would Stiles think 😂

Hope cascarino has checked that with the mans family that it’s ok to be put their late relative next to such nonsense in an article.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,955 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2232: Nov 02, 2020 03:15:33 pm
      Wrong. He gets kicked. He also got kicked twice against villa and never went down and not a word said. The only ‘rep’ he’s getting is from the stupid media who can’t handle that a fella named Mohammed has to come to their league and pissed it. Harry Kane two dives yesterday not a word said? Not worth talking about unless it’s salah and LFC.

I'm not wrong it was a belated dive no matter how you look at it. The only thing I will say in defence of Salah is due to the way the game is going under the new rules/VAR unfortunately that's the way forward in order to get a penalty, sad but true.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2233: Nov 02, 2020 03:54:59 pm
      I'm not wrong it was a belated dive no matter how you look at it. The only thing I will say in defence of Salah is due to the way the game is going under the new rules/VAR unfortunately that's the way forward in order to get a penalty, sad but true.

It was a bit of a dive, but in all honesty if he didn't go down there we'd be calling him an idiot, he's basically playing the game, but they have to adjust the rules so that there needs to be more contact before a foul is given. The Callum Wilson one is another example that I see a lot of where a player sees someone going to clear the ball and runs in front of them so that they get kicked, then drop to the ground screaming and bounce straight back up when its awarded. I actually think the Callum Wilson one was way more snide than Salah's
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,955 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2234: Nov 02, 2020 03:57:17 pm
      It was a bit of a dive, but in all honesty if he didn't go down there we'd be calling him an idiot, he's basically playing the game, but they have to adjust the rules so that there needs to be more contact before a foul is given.

That's basically what I'm saying, get some of your mates who said it wasn't a dive to take their rose tinted glasses off.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2235: Nov 02, 2020 04:03:43 pm
      That's basically what I'm saying, get some of your mates who said it wasn't a dive to take their rose tinted glasses off.

I've been trying for years, for some it simply won't ever happen! ;-)
      Kopite78
      Reply #2236: Nov 02, 2020 04:03:52 pm

Was it a penalty?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,955 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2237: Nov 02, 2020 04:08:51 pm

I know where your going.  :lmao: soft one 50/50  ;D
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2238: Nov 02, 2020 04:09:25 pm

That is not disputed, but the point me and Keith are making, I think, is that the rule needs tightening up, it was not enough contact for a penalty, same as Callum Wilson. For a penalty to be awarded the player should be properly fouled, ie legs swept from under them, bundled over etc. It shouldn't be for a simple tap on the foot, then 1 second later the player remembers to fall to the ground in any direction they choose.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,955 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2239: Nov 02, 2020 04:56:18 pm
      That is not disputed, but the point me and Keith are making, I think, is that the rule needs tightening up, it was not enough contact for a penalty, same as Callum Wilson. For a penalty to be awarded the player should be properly fouled, ie legs swept from under them, bundled over etc. It shouldn't be for a simple tap on the foot, then 1 second later the player remembers to fall to the ground in any direction they choose.

Agreed but unfortunately the rules now say different. That's VAR for you.
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #2240: Nov 02, 2020 05:00:46 pm
      We can all sit here and argue till we are blue in the face.
      But it boils down to one thing.
      If the ref gives it then it’s a penalty.
      If he doesn’t it isn’t
      Kopite78
      Reply #2241: Nov 02, 2020 05:30:24 pm
      I know where your going.  :lmao: soft one 50/50  ;D

But was it a penalty?
      Did the defender kick Salah? From behind, with no attempt to get the ball or indeed nowhere near the ball

So it's ok to kick players in the box?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,955 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2242: Nov 02, 2020 06:05:55 pm
      But was it a penalty?
      Did the defender kick Salah? From behind, with no attempt to get the ball or indeed nowhere near the ball

So it's ok to kick players in the box?

You know I'm agreeing with you, you just want me to say yes. YES YES YES but soft one.  :D
      Kopite78
      Reply #2243: Nov 02, 2020 06:10:55 pm
      You know I'm agreeing with you, you just want me to say yes. YES YES YES but soft one.  :D

Soft or not, still 100% a penalty
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,955 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2244: Nov 02, 2020 06:14:01 pm
      Soft or not, still 100% a penalty

F**k sake mate stop being keyboard warrior  ;D Your always wanting last word which isn't needed.  ;D
      Kopite78
      Reply #2245: Nov 02, 2020 06:39:03 pm
      F**k sake mate stop being keyboard warrior  ;D Your always wanting last word which isn't needed.  ;D

Sorry for having a conversation on a forum there
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #2246: Nov 02, 2020 07:06:49 pm
      Tony Cascarino has come out and said Salahs dive was an insult to Nobby Stiles and the game he loved.

Has he ever thought he's the insult to the game. One big F***ing yard dog.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,955 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2247: Nov 02, 2020 08:10:31 pm
      Sorry for having a conversation on a forum there

That's ok   :D
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,406 posts | 3404 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #2248: Nov 02, 2020 09:55:17 pm
      Cascarino the man who lied about his relatives in order to play for ireland
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #2249: Nov 04, 2020 01:31:45 pm

now let me think 🤔 what does Nobby Stiles mean to me errrrrr.... Oh yeah, F**k All.
      And Tony Cascarino ?
      Oh yeah, also F**k all.
       So say what you like, think what you like, you’re history and nobody give a F**k about you !
      ToshackKeeganOneNil
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 540 posts | 109 
      Reply #2250: Nov 07, 2020 01:45:49 pm
      Just watched the idiots on Sky defending jug ears as a bit of clever play even though he could have seriously injured Lallana but decrying Mo for allegedly diving. Honestly, do they even realise how that looks? Note to self, they don't give a friar Tuck do they.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6719 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2251: Nov 07, 2020 10:41:43 pm
      Who was the 2nd commentator in the West Ham game?....stoppage time they go to VAR and he says if Mo Salah got the penalty for hardly a touch on him, he went down so easily,  this deserves to be a penalty!!!!

w**ker F**k!
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,280 posts | 1663 
      Reply #2252: Nov 14, 2020 12:26:36 pm
      Digger saying Klopp would of been sacked in first two years if he was black  seems a bit OTT
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #2253: Nov 14, 2020 12:37:53 pm
      Digger saying Klopp would of been sacked in first two years if he was black  seems a bit OTT

Just a bit, this will be the same John Barnes that was defending Clarke the other day. I love him as a player, but his politics are a bit tory and he's another one that dodged a bullet for talking to the s*n*

*He spoke to the rag before we were due to play Bristol City replay at Anfield in 94 when he was slagging Souey off and Souness forced to write an apology in the club proey.

Quick Reply