Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Pundits and Commentators

Read 442429 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Re: Pundits and Commentators.
      Reply #253: Mar 03, 2014 12:20:02 am
      Yep. I do enjoy Savage on MOTD and on 606 with Darren Fletcher on Saturday evenings!

606 is another show I've caught Sav on recently and he's good there as well.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #254: Mar 03, 2014 12:23:02 am
      Not a fan of Steve Claridge at all.

Seems a bit of a know all who knows f**k all to me.

On a positive note I'm really warming to Robbie Savage. He isnt the most insightful but he doesn't try to be either and doesn't take himself too seriously.

The two time I've seen him with Alan Hansen on MOTD has easily been the most I've enjoyed that show or quite some time.

Yeah I'm a big fan of Savage's too mate, think we discussed it at the time.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #255: Mar 03, 2014 12:27:40 am
      Yeah I'm a big fan of Savage's too mate, think we discussed it at the time.

Yep.

What I want from a pundit is either the in depth analysis and ability to tell me something I haven't seen that the likes of Gary Neville and Carra provide or failing that someone like Savage who just seems to enjoy talking about football and doesn't paint himself a something he isn't.

Roy Keane is another I like as well.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #256: Mar 03, 2014 08:38:46 am
      Yep.

What I want from a pundit is either the in depth analysis and ability to tell me something I haven't seen that the likes of Gary Neville and Carra provide or failing that someone like Savage who just seems to enjoy talking about football and doesn't paint himself a something he isn't.

Roy Keane is another I like as well.

Huge fan of Roy Keane, I know some may be put out by how forcefully he puts his views across but personally I think he's great as a pundit, think him and Lee Dixon compliment each other well.
      « Last Edit: Mar 03, 2014 10:37:22 am by RedWilly »
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #257: Mar 03, 2014 09:05:40 am
      Huge fan of Roy Keane, I know some may be out of by how forcefully he puts his views across but personally I think he's great as a pundit, think him and Lee Dixon compliment each other well.

Yep and a master stroke by ITV to get that wet lettuce Gareth Southgate out of the studio, where Roy Keane used to terrify him.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #258: Mar 03, 2014 11:37:07 am
      Yep and a master stroke by ITV to get that wet lettuce Gareth Southgate out of the studio, where Roy Keane used to terrify him.

You've got to love the Keane glare he gives some of those ITV colleagues.

I've seen him give Chiles it more than once.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #259: Mar 03, 2014 11:57:01 am
      For what it's worth - I'd quite happily dig the bake of Andy Townsend. That is all. Carry on.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #260: Mar 03, 2014 12:04:55 pm
      For what it's worth - I'd quite happily dig the bake of Andy Townsend. That is all. Carry on.

If you needed a hand I'd gladly help Mouse.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,945 posts | 5004 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #261: Mar 03, 2014 12:15:11 pm
      Yep , I do like Roy Keane , says it how he sees it, like Lily to, don't always agree tho, hate that tw*t Townsend, don't itv have any other than him, he seems to commentate on every match they televise, Chiles is a fat useless w**ker who tries to be funny but isn't, a bit like Lawro with his snide comments, pr**k !

YNWA
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #262: Mar 03, 2014 12:37:46 pm
      Clark Carlise onITV drives me nuts.Got into the limelight over Luis and Evra the mans a f***in halfwit and talks to people as if its the frist match they have ever seen
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,014 posts | 3352 
      Reply #263: Mar 03, 2014 01:14:53 pm
      Clark Carlise onITV drives me nuts.Got into the limelight over Luis and Evra the mans a f***in halfwit and talks to people as if its the frist match they have ever seen

Bang on that lad.

He talks down to people in a proper condescending way.

Gotta say, I've really gone off Kammy in the last few years as well. Not everything in the world of football is "unbelievable" so stop F***ing say it is. And Danny Mills is just a pr**k, what gives him the right to even be discussing football? There's a lot of football fans who wouldn't even know who he is. Can't bare Niall Quinn either. We get it, you used to be chairman of Sunderland but you don't need to inform us of that fact in every sentence. Speaking of chairmen who do the occasional "punditry" work - Simon F***ing Jordan on every deadline day special. He's just a c**t who needs a good F***ing smack - constantly.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #264: Mar 03, 2014 01:16:42 pm
      Agree on Clarke Carlisle as well.

Know it all arsehole.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #265: Mar 03, 2014 01:21:57 pm
      Punditry has gone downhill ever since Garth Crooks managed to get a job, when his only discernible skill was

putting

inappropriate pauses

into every sentence

because he thinks it sounds

clever.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #266: Mar 03, 2014 01:27:38 pm
      Lawros a dick. Didi is quite good 
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #267: Mar 03, 2014 01:34:26 pm
      Punditry has gone downhill ever since Garth Crooks managed to get a job, when his only discernible skill was

putting

inappropriate pauses

into every sentence

because he thinks it sounds

clever.

Class...  :lmao:

When you see/listen to some of the goats offering 'informed' opinion it makes you wonder what the criteria was. Surely the F**k they couldn't have actually interviewed Crooks, Townsend or Carlisle, for example and thought "we've got our man right here".  >:D
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #268: Mar 03, 2014 01:38:04 pm
      Class...  :lmao:

When you see/listen to some of the goats offering 'informed' opinion it makes you wonder what the criteria was. Surely the F**k they couldn't have actually interviewed Crooks, Townsend or Carlisle, for example and thought "we've got our man right here".  >:D

Don't get me started on Townsend.
      The meaningless drivel he comes out with, that is supposed to be "insider speak" or jargon is intensely annoying: "yeah, he didn't quite shape that the way he wanted to". F**k off.
      That and his little book of football cliches that he opens every match.

I have to turn the sound off when that tw*t's on.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #269: Apr 15, 2014 05:01:43 am
      Bump.

Something that has been niggling at me for a while and really infuriated me during the game against City.

Jim Beglin.

Another ex red constantly making a tw*t of himself trying to play the condenscending, moral high horse type. Clearly concerned about over appeasing his employer and his connection with the club trying to wash his hands.

Yes Suarez dives and can act a fool sometimes but his constant over the top berating is disgraceful from an ex player.

And whilst I am on the topic Geoff Shreeves you got told!

You deserve it for having your head up Fergie's ass, and not the Black eyed peas one either.
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #270: Apr 15, 2014 05:12:42 am
      Yeh Jim Beglin was being a F***ing clown, thought he was normally meant to be alright...
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #271: Apr 15, 2014 05:21:50 am
      Yeh Jim Beglin was being a f**king clown, thought he was normally meant to be alright...

Noticed it in all our games this season.

Wasn't a one off.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #272: Apr 15, 2014 05:35:39 am
      Bump.

Something that has been niggling at me for a while and really infuriated me during the game against City.

Jim Beglin.

Another ex red constantly making a tw*t of himself trying to play the condenscending, moral high horse type. Clearly concerned about over appeasing his employer and his connection with the club trying to wash his hands.

Yes Suarez dives and can act a fool sometimes but his constant over the top berating is disgraceful from an ex player.

And whilst I am on the topic Geoff Shreeves you got told!

You deserve it for having your head up Fergie's ass, and not the Black eyed peas one either.

Yep.

I remember Beglin criticising Suarez for his lack of work rate couple weeks ago.

Imagine that...
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #273: Apr 15, 2014 11:52:41 pm
      Yep.

I remember Beglin criticising Suarez for his lack of work rate couple weeks ago.

Imagine that...

Absolute tool.

Oh and his constant pronounciation of Vincaaant Kompany was laughable yet embarrassing.

Not from the suburbs of Paris mate youre from Waterford Ireland you ball bag.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #274: Apr 16, 2014 12:43:40 am
      Pun Dit.

It always sounds like someone with a turban riding the rails of an Indian steam engine swishing a pampas grass.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #275: Apr 16, 2014 02:21:54 am
      Danny Mills? Fucks sake....

Quick Reply