Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

Pundits and Commentators

Read 437932 times
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,253 posts | 2800 
      Re: Pundits and Commentators
      Reply #2760: May 15, 2022 10:36:50 pm
      I know we moan about them a lot but what the F**k was that from Tyler and Neville today in the City match? Absolutely desperate for City to win and the mask fully came off when they were begging for that penalty to be retaken.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,086 posts | 8519 
      Reply #2761: May 15, 2022 10:40:14 pm
      I know we moan about them a lot but what the F**k was that from Tyler and Neville today in the City match? Absolutely desperate for City to win and the mask fully came off when they were begging for that penalty to be retaken.

Or just trying to make Pep look a c**t :laugh:
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,184 posts | 912 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #2762: May 16, 2022 10:06:20 pm
      BBC look north usual bias first 10 min of the program all about Stockport getting back into the leagues, meanwhile Liverpool win the F.A. Cup and not first item, reporter said more football news latter on in the program, now if United or City had won wonder if they had been on first, turned off and won’t be watching again
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,512 posts | 712 
      Reply #2763: May 16, 2022 10:16:43 pm
      City drop points at West Ham, everyone acts like they won. We draw with Tottenham and pundits are acting like we lost. Headlines are we 'dropped points' SMH
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,086 posts | 8519 
      Reply #2764: May 16, 2022 10:38:49 pm
      BBC look north usual bias first 10 min of the program all about Stockport getting back into the leagues, meanwhile Liverpool win the F.A. Cup and not first item, reporter said more football news latter on in the program, now if United or City had won wonder if they had been on first, turned off and won’t be watching again

To be fair we were probably first on news headlines all over the place Saturday night. The Stockport game was played yesterday. I wouldn't be arsed getting into a strop over that, especially as they beat the might of Wrexham Hollywood FC to gain promotion :laugh:
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2765: May 17, 2022 03:19:04 pm
      Steve Nichol telling Klopp to stop moaning about fixtures piling up and to take the Southampton job and then he wont have that problem.
      So Jürgen's trying to look after the health and well being of his players is moaning. The intensity of the game now is far greater than when he played so he is talking bollox but if you want to get something into print just use Jurgens name.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,163 posts | 1382 
      Reply #2766: May 17, 2022 03:44:45 pm
      Tyler will probably be on tonight but to be fair we have decent representation on the footie media. Lost count of the number of former reds who have turned to punditry. Could probably put together a decent team.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,898 posts | 4968 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #2767: May 18, 2022 01:11:20 pm
      Steve Nichol telling Klopp to stop moaning about fixtures piling up and to take the Southampton job and then he wont have that problem.
      So Jürgen's trying to look after the health and well being of his players is moaning. The intensity of the game now is far greater than when he played so he is talking bollox but if you want to get something into print just use Jurgens name.

Dunno Walton, maybe at last all those packs of crisps ‘Bumper’ munched his way thru back in the day have finally taken their toll, ….his brains are fried !!

Y  N  W  A
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2768: May 18, 2022 01:33:33 pm

Dunno Walton, maybe at last all those packs of crisps ‘Bumper’ munched his way thru back in the day have finally taken their toll, ….his brains are fried !!

Y  N  W  A

he was never known for his intelligence was he but it pisses me off because its done just to make themselves feel relevant when he looks like a bitter old player
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #2769: May 18, 2022 03:26:13 pm
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,512 posts | 712 
      Reply #2770: May 18, 2022 05:38:04 pm
      Martin Tyler just doesn't care anymore ;D
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,143 posts | 4896 
      Reply #2771: May 18, 2022 06:10:54 pm

It's sad when one of your favourite players growing up as a kid turns into such a F***ing knob.

Talks so much bollocks.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,385 posts | 1457 
      Reply #2772: May 18, 2022 06:20:35 pm
      Drury works for bein sports these days & is an excellent commentator if you can bare his sidekick Jim beglin that is.
      Tyler is an absolute tw*t on every level & that is why I’ll never ever watch sky sports but unfortunately the  w**ker just doesn’t do coms for sky he’s popped up on various sports channels recently.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,340 posts | 1620 
      Reply #2773: May 18, 2022 06:54:23 pm
      Martin Tyler makes your fckin ears bleed can’t stand the snidey c**t
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,013 posts | 2088 
      Reply #2774: May 18, 2022 07:07:22 pm

The commentary on Minamino's equaliser by Tyler is absolutely wretched. What a dire commentator he is
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #2775: May 18, 2022 10:35:18 pm
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #2776: May 18, 2022 11:17:36 pm
      Drury works for bein sports these days & is an excellent commentator if you can bare his sidekick Jim beglin that is.
      Tyler is an absolute tw*t on every level & that is why I’ll never ever watch sky sports but unfortunately the  w**ker just doesn’t do coms for sky he’s popped up on various sports channels recently.

I feel like I am one of the few people who is not a big Peter Drury fan. I find he is too over the top a lot of goal calls and tries to make every goal/moment in the game a big monumental moment when a lot of the times it isn't.

Martin Tyler feel like just given up and going through the motions waiting out on retirement.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,013 posts | 2088 
      Reply #2777: May 18, 2022 11:29:06 pm
      I feel like I am one of the few people who is not a big Peter Drury fan. I find he is too over the top a lot of goal calls and tries to make every goal/moment in the game a big monumental moment when a lot of the times it isn't.

Martin Tyler feel like just given up and going through the motions waiting out on retirement.

ai see what you mean with Drury - I don't recall him doing that during his ITV days. But he does it well.

Steve Wilson is the BBC's best commentator. Doesn't hog the limelight and simply does what he is asked to do. On his day, Clive Tyldesley could be great but could sometimes descend into cloying cringe.

The 'banter' / pally commentary of a Darren Fletcher type on BT is awful (or David Croft on sky sports f1).

Very few get it pitch perfect. Barry Davies did.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,578 posts | 6916 
      Reply #2778: May 18, 2022 11:56:35 pm
      If the brief for Sky Sports was to pick someone to commentate on football who hates football then Martin Tyler is the perfect fit.

He's absolutely dire.  I bet even the football players who co-commentate with him hate him.
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #2779: May 19, 2022 04:20:21 am
      If the brief for Sky Sports was to pick someone to commentate on football who hates football then Martin Tyler is the perfect fit.

He's absolutely dire.  I bet even the football players who co-commentate with him hate him.
      He's a total pleb yep, makes commentary unfun to listen to, 'and it's live' but he's going to do his best to ruin the occasion you can guarantee that.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,860 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      RedWilly

• 9,177 posts | 1630 
      Reply #2781: May 19, 2022 05:25:22 pm
      He's a total pleb yep, makes commentary unfun to listen to, 'and it's live' but he's going to do his best to ruin the occasion you can guarantee that.

I absolutely hate that stupid catch phrase he’s so clearly clinging to
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,165 posts | 514 
      Reply #2782: May 19, 2022 05:45:50 pm
      Martin Tyler could give an Aspirin a headache.

Quick Reply