Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Pundits and Commentators

Read 441405 times
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,153 posts | 1284 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Re: Pundits and Commentators
      Reply #2783: May 19, 2022 05:58:24 pm
      AND IT'S LIVE!

F**k off Tyler you bitter twisted piece of F***ing sh*t! Guess what! Sport has been screened live for decades you stupid looking c**t! Coin your own phrases you F***ing w**ker!

It's amazing how many people sell their souls for a bit of cash, i include our ex players in that too!

Shame on you all and i hope you reap what you sow you low IQ cu*ts!

I actually embrace the media hatred of our Club! It drives me and gives me impetus! F**k them all and may our paths cross someday! Shower me with your hatred and i will absorb it, multiply it and return it upon you tenfold!

A message to all you media whores, WE NEVER FORGET, EVER!
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #2784: May 19, 2022 09:36:44 pm
      Steve Nicol.

Putting the boot into Klopp and labeling him a whinger for commenting on the fixture congestion again and suggesting he coach Southampton next if he wants to avoid it.

What the actual F**k another sell out pundit?!
      bobbyrogers
      • Forum Youth Player

• 17 posts |
      Re: Pundits and Commentators.
      Reply #2785: May 19, 2022 09:40:06 pm
      Agreed, its all about the cash for those people..

Agreed. 
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,017 posts | 524 
      Reply #2786: May 19, 2022 10:59:39 pm

Haha, that vid gets it spot on. Watching at the game at the time, I thought for a second my eyes had deceived me and Minamino had hit it in the side netting, or an offside flag was up or something, cos Tyler's tone was that resigned "oh dear, that's a bit unfortunate" non-reaction. Took me a second to remember that is basically his usual commentary on a goal of ours, just a bit more obvious, and we had actually scored.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,048 posts | 2099 
      Reply #2787: May 19, 2022 11:24:29 pm
      Steve Nicol.

Putting the boot into Klopp and labeling him a whinger for commenting on the fixture congestion again and suggesting he coach Southampton next if he wants to avoid it.

What the actual f**k another sell out pundit?!

Thick as pigshit is Nicol.

Don't know if it's urban legend or not, but I remember hearing a story that upon him signing for Liverpool, Hansen and Dalglish drove him from Scotland to Liverpool pranking him that he needed his passport to cross into England. Nicol said he didn't have one and they proceeded to bundle him into the boot of the car for the rest of the journey, both of them pissing themselves with laughter all the way down the M6.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #2788: May 19, 2022 11:36:55 pm
      Thick as pigshit is Nicol.

Don't know if it's urban legend or not, but I remember hearing a story that upon him signing for Liverpool, Hansen and Dalglish drove him from Scotland to Liverpool pranking him that he needed his passport to cross into England. Nicol said he didn't have one and they proceeded to bundle him into the boot of the car for the rest of the journey, both of them pissing themselves with laughter all the way down the M6.

I think it's genuinely true he's thick as pigshit.

Loads of other stories too about the other jocks permanently taking the piss out of him.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,973 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2789: May 20, 2022 07:42:59 am
      I think it's genuinely true he's thick as pigshit.

Thought that was the case with most of you scousers  :f_whistle:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #2790: May 20, 2022 07:47:34 am
      Thought that was the case with most of you scousers  :f_whistle:

You call anyone playing for Liverpool a scouser, sums up how thick your whole F***ing city is.

Imagine calling a jock, a scouser!! Yeah dumb as F**k us lot laa.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,973 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2791: May 20, 2022 07:49:56 am
      You call anyone playing for Liverpool a scouser, sums up how thick your whole f**king city is.

Imagine calling a jock, a scouser!! Yeah dumb as f**k us lot laa.

:lmao:
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #2792: May 21, 2022 11:04:11 am
      Paul Merson really is an imbecile, isn't he? I just read his column below, and that's got to be one of the worst opinions I've ever read. It genuinely pissed me off.

"a CL group (we) could have walked through"... Yeah, it's not as if it was seen as the group of death or anything...

It's also good to know the CL is irrelevant and is only there for bragging rights... Laughable.

He also argues our cups successes are meaningless because we won a few ties on penalties, but credits City for going far in the cups? Only in his limited mind does that make sense.

Liverpool told they had it easy in Champions League and cup success just down to pens
      PAUL MERSON: Liverpool boss Jürgen Klopp should miss out on the manager of the year award because if Pep Guardiola delivers the Premier League title as expected it will be a greater achievement

Pep Guardiola is still the manager of the year if Manchester City win the title - and it's harder now than when Manchester United were doing it.

The Premier League is the ultimate. It's 38 games in the hardest competition in the world. If you win it, you are the best. Jürgen Klopp has done an absolutely phenomenal job at Liverpool this season but if he doesn't win the league he isn't manager of the year for me.

Don't forget Liverpool were put in a Champions League group they could have walked through, and they've won both domestic cups on penalties. They didn't win the games.

And look, if City get over the line that would be four titles in five years. I don't think they the credit United got when they were doing it under Sir Alex Ferguson. This is a stronger league than it was when United were the dominant force. In my opinion. It was only them and Arsenal for years and years who could win it.

It's different now. Chelsea can beat anyone on their day. They're just not consistent enough. United have been disappointing. But Tottenham have got results against both the title contenders. City could have lost to West Ham the other day. This is a very competitive league. So what City have done over the last five years is phenomenal. It really is. Guardiola deserves more credit for that than he gets really.

But I have to be honest and say I don't like watching City. It's great football. But the other team is usually beaten before they play them. I've seen so many games at the Etihad when teams go there and just get their tummies tickled. They just want to get the game out of the way as soon as possible. With Liverpool you see more of a game. More of the games are close. So there's more excitement. They are completely different teams.

But this is a very competitive league. No-one lies down. You have to earn the right to win a football match. If you think City should be disappointed somehow if they only win the league and Liverpool win a Treble, you'd be wrong. I don't see that at all. I'm glad for Liverpool that they've taken the title race to the final day. To win two cup finals, be in another, and push City all the way, is amazing. It's phenomenal what they've done.

But at the start of the season it's all about one thing. The Premier League. Thirty-eight games. Home and away. To be the best in the country. Don't buy into all this hype about the Champions League. That's just about egos.

You could lose more games in that than you do all season in the Premier League and still win it! City can be so proud of themselves if they win another championship. That would be four titles in the last five years and that is dominant at the highest level. It goes under the radar a bit sometimes. I don't think we give them enough credit. They keep churning out titles and go deep in every other tournament too. They're exceptional.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1029 
      Reply #2793: May 21, 2022 02:03:22 pm
      Paul Merson really is an imbecile, isn't he? I just read his column below, and that's got to be one of the worst opinions I've ever read. It genuinely pissed me off.

"a CL group (we) could have walked through"... Yeah, it's not as if it was seen as the group of death or anything...

It's also good to know the CL is irrelevant and is only there for bragging rights... Laughable.

He also argues our cups successes are meaningless because we won a few ties on penalties, but credits City for going far in the cups? Only in his limited mind does that make sense.

Liverpool told they had it easy in Champions League and cup success just down to pens
      PAUL MERSON: Liverpool boss Jürgen Klopp should miss out on the manager of the year award because if Pep Guardiola delivers the Premier League title as expected it will be a greater achievement

Pep Guardiola is still the manager of the year if Manchester City win the title - and it's harder now than when Manchester United were doing it.

The Premier League is the ultimate. It's 38 games in the hardest competition in the world. If you win it, you are the best. Jürgen Klopp has done an absolutely phenomenal job at Liverpool this season but if he doesn't win the league he isn't manager of the year for me.

Don't forget Liverpool were put in a Champions League group they could have walked through, and they've won both domestic cups on penalties. They didn't win the games.

And look, if City get over the line that would be four titles in five years. I don't think they the credit United got when they were doing it under Sir Alex Ferguson. This is a stronger league than it was when United were the dominant force. In my opinion. It was only them and Arsenal for years and years who could win it.

It's different now. Chelsea can beat anyone on their day. They're just not consistent enough. United have been disappointing. But Tottenham have got results against both the title contenders. City could have lost to West Ham the other day. This is a very competitive league. So what City have done over the last five years is phenomenal. It really is. Guardiola deserves more credit for that than he gets really.

But I have to be honest and say I don't like watching City. It's great football. But the other team is usually beaten before they play them. I've seen so many games at the Etihad when teams go there and just get their tummies tickled. They just want to get the game out of the way as soon as possible. With Liverpool you see more of a game. More of the games are close. So there's more excitement. They are completely different teams.

But this is a very competitive league. No-one lies down. You have to earn the right to win a football match. If you think City should be disappointed somehow if they only win the league and Liverpool win a Treble, you'd be wrong. I don't see that at all. I'm glad for Liverpool that they've taken the title race to the final day. To win two cup finals, be in another, and push City all the way, is amazing. It's phenomenal what they've done.

But at the start of the season it's all about one thing. The Premier League. Thirty-eight games. Home and away. To be the best in the country. Don't buy into all this hype about the Champions League. That's just about egos.

You could lose more games in that than you do all season in the Premier League and still win it! City can be so proud of themselves if they win another championship. That would be four titles in the last five years and that is dominant at the highest level. It goes under the radar a bit sometimes. I don't think we give them enough credit. They keep churning out titles and go deep in every other tournament too. They're exceptional.
      Wtf is this? Is this man ok?
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #2794: May 21, 2022 02:05:26 pm

And because they got knocked out of the cups earlier than us, they have fewer games to play.
      Sounds like the rest has hit the drink again 😂😂😂
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #2795: May 21, 2022 02:43:48 pm
      Totally agree with Paul Merson that the manager of the year has all the money in the world to buy any player he wants at inflated fees. For that he has it easy to win the league and should rightfully win the manager of the year. The manager of the year should also be ashamed of not winning any cups this year despite his budget. Paul Merson is always right and never wrong.
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #2796: May 21, 2022 03:08:04 pm

Can’t even be arsed to read it, he genuinely can’t string a sentence together and comes off as if he’s headed one too many footballs.

One of those ‘pundits’ who operates in cliches and thinks him saying something makes it true and the ‘official narrative’. Should have been jibbed off when Sky got rid of all the other old boys.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #2797: May 21, 2022 03:32:39 pm
      Should have been jibbed off when Sky got rid of all the other old boys.

Definitely kept on for compassionate reasons.
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #2798: May 21, 2022 03:42:42 pm
      Can’t even be arsed to read it, he genuinely can’t string a sentence together and comes off as if he’s headed one too many footballs.

One of those ‘pundits’ who operates in cliches and thinks him saying something makes it true and the ‘official narrative’. Should have been jibbed off when Sky got rid of all the other old boys.

For someone who hasn’t won manager of the year, he has no right to comment on the manager of the year. First, go win the damned thing and the whole world will listen to you.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2799: May 21, 2022 03:51:11 pm
      Mrs Merton was not binned form SKY probably because of his well documented mental issue and frailties . He is an empty vessel talks complete bollox time and time again but this is SKY we are talking about.
      I so want us to win tomorrow and City lose so we can shove these words right back down his and his buddies throats.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #2800: May 22, 2022 08:23:11 am
      You cannot take anything he says seriously when he has the mental age of a six year old, no offence to all genuine six year olds, he has been talking bollocks for so long now he actually believes only his opinions matter, believes  his own hype,

I’m actually a little bit concerned about his mental welfare, are we seeing/ hearing early signs of dementia in this fella, because if you have played the game professionally and at the highest level you wouldn’t come out with  such absolute crap,

Apparently we were placed in our CL group, not drawn out, we didn’t win the two domestic cups because they went to a penalty shoot out, and if we don’t win the league we should sack Jürgen and get Ole behind the wheel instead, yes I’m talking bollocks too just there, I just wanted to see what it felt like,

Honest tae F**k, the man needs help, I dunno but I’m betting his agent cringes every time he opens his gob cos he doesn’t know what sh*te he’ll spout next, I wonder if he reads his own opinions the next day and shrinks into himself and says, sh*t, did I really say that ?  You know I’m sure I seen his name on the side of a loaf of bread the other day, but when I looked again it said ‘ Thick Cu t’ !!  >:D

YOU’LL NEVER WALK ALONE

hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,153 posts | 1284 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #2801: May 22, 2022 01:15:19 pm

PAUL MERSON - A perfect example to youngsters of what happens to you when you excessively abuse alcohol, cocaine and stupidity pills!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,048 posts | 2099 
      Reply #2802: May 22, 2022 10:04:23 pm
      I genuinely wish Jamie Carragher would f**k off from co commentary duties. Absolute ear bleed.

Studio punditry career isn't much better, just playing Statler to Neville's Waldorf (who, in fairness, is much better at it than Carra has ever been).
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,542 posts | 725 
      Reply #2803: May 22, 2022 11:06:02 pm
      https://twitter.com/skysportspl/status/1528367687944089601?s=21&t=aNU03peNhsd70oX-H4P82Q

Liverpool won all 6 group games and lost one against Inter in the 2nd leg.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,241 posts | 4929 
      Reply #2804: May 22, 2022 11:08:11 pm
      I genuinely wish Jamie Carragher would f**k off from co commentary duties. Absolute ear bleed.

Studio punditry career isn't much better, just playing Statler to Neville's Waldorf (who, in fairness, is much better at it than Carra has ever been).

I actually cannot listen to this two. Either full of try hard 'banter', huge over reactions or self importance.

One I've always had a bit of time for is Ian Wright to be honest. What I really like about him is he doesn't try hard to he an 'expert' and sound as if he knows all but just gives a bit of an opinion with a smile on his face for the most part.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,542 posts | 725 
      Reply #2805: May 22, 2022 11:09:12 pm
      https://twitter.com/mirrorfootball/status/1528489811404800000?s=21&t=aNU03peNhsd70oX-H4P82Q

No where in this article will you find a quote from Mo Salah saying he thought he won Liverpool the league.

What you will find is Stephen Warnock saying he looked like Mo Salah thought he won the league.

The quality of media is truly in the GUTTER.

Quick Reply