Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Palace [Premier League] Mon 15th Aug @ 8:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 9th of August and on this date LFC's match record is P12 W9 D1 L2

Pundits and Commentators

Read 300579 times
      lfc across the water and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 35,881 posts | 6692 
      Re: Pundits and Commentators
      Reply #2921: Aug 06, 2022 11:35:47 am
      The level of vitriol in the OP I found genuinely unpleasant, I didn't really take it as a call for some kind of organised fatwa against the pr**k.
      Your comments are obviously completely different in tone, which I'm more than happy to subscribe to.
      Bon Soir

Give over snowflake. We've seen a lot more vitriol than a few f**king words on a screen!!
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,805 posts | 923 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2922: Aug 06, 2022 11:54:38 am
      Ffs. BTW sports chatting for 15mims about woman's footi   it's an EPL game folks get in with that please.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum John Toshack

• 253 posts | 48 
      Reply #2923: Aug 06, 2022 04:28:26 pm
      Give over snowflake. We've seen a lot more vitriol than a few f**king words on a screen!!
      I'm sure you don't need me to remind you, but...."F**king words on a screen!!" is actually the beginning, middle, and end of what this forum is all about.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 35,881 posts | 6692 
      Reply #2924: Aug 06, 2022 06:18:08 pm
      I'm sure you don't need me to remind you, but...."F**king words on a screen!!" is actually the beginning, middle, and end of what this forum is all about.

The point in general is you're another old fart getting your knickers in a twist. Chill out in your rocking chair with the peace pipe!!
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum John Toshack

• 253 posts | 48 
      Reply #2925: Aug 06, 2022 06:37:56 pm
      The point in general is you're another old fart getting your knickers in a twist. Chill out in your rocking chair with the peace pipe!!
      I'm alway's chilled brother...It sounds to me if either of us has got their knickers in a twist....I'll leave that there, personal insults not really my thing.
      Enjoy the rest of the weekend
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 29,847 posts | 3853 
      Reply #2926: Aug 06, 2022 10:14:22 pm
      Wonder which pair of gobshites it'll be in MOTD this evening?
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,146 posts | 800 
      Reply #2927: Yesterday at 06:26:26 pm
      Tyler..." ...Blah blah...for any misunderstanding..".. 50 odd years of broadcasting experience...don't buy it and don't accept it was a ..."misunderstanding"...there was no misunderstanding..he meant exactly what he said..he knows it and he knows we know it. His apology was just the usual run of the mill waffle.

It was a vile insult to the 97 who lost their lives and a vile insult to the families of the 97. He probably knows that at 76, 77 in Sept. this might be his last season so he's getting in his little snide dig in. Regardless of what we think of him, his views carry a lot of influence and will be heard across a broad spectrum.

I doubt his views are isolated, plenty in the game and in the wider community blame hooliganism for the disaster. Some  politicians hold the same or similar views. Bias doesn't go away, it thrives and 'people' like Tyler feed the bias against this club.

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,584 posts | 1252 
      Reply #2928: Yesterday at 09:01:04 pm
      Tyler..." ...Blah blah...for any misunderstanding..".. 50 odd years of broadcasting experience...don't buy it and don't accept it was a ..."misunderstanding"...there was no misunderstanding..he meant exactly what he said..he knows it and he knows we know it. His apology was just the usual run of the mill waffle.

It was a vile insult to the 97 who lost their lives and a vile insult to the families of the 97. He probably knows that at 76, 77 in Sept. this might be his last season so he's getting in his little snide dig in. Regardless of what we think of him, his views carry a lot of influence and will be heard across a broad spectrum.

I doubt his views are isolated, plenty in the game and in the wider community blame hooliganism for the disaster. Some  politicians hold the same or similar views. Bias doesn't go away, it thrives and 'people' like Tyler feed the bias against this club.

I still can't hear anything else but him conflating hooliganism with Hillsborough. Andy Dunn in the Mirror today called it out for what it is - a subconscious belief that has been propped up by 30 plus years of Sky and the Premier League dismissing football history pre 1992. "Pre 1992 - football bad. Post 1992 - football good."
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,533 posts | 598 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #2929: Yesterday at 09:32:16 pm
      The usual sky hype and lies what’s new

Quick Reply