Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Pundits and Commentators

Read 441878 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,061 posts | 2109 
      Re: Pundits and Commentators
      Reply #2990: Oct 13, 2022 09:55:05 pm
      BT can't stand the commentary ever, so full of sh**e.

It's appalling. I've stopped watching BT Sport's coverage altogether even though I can access it through sister's account. Great on F1 a decade or so ago but Humphrey's has now become a dreadful presenter intent on self promotion and is seemingly convinced that he's everyone's best mate. All topped off with a ghastly smart casual attire that inflates his already gigantic smugness. Should go back to CBBC and start over.

And don't get me started on Steve McManaman.
      « Last Edit: Oct 13, 2022 10:00:33 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,241 posts | 921 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #2991: Oct 15, 2022 11:27:37 am
      How on earth is Gaey Linacer getting 1.5 million for a programe lasting 90m from a company that is slashing its budget
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #2992: Oct 15, 2022 11:32:17 am
      How on earth is Gaey Linacer getting 1.5 million for a programe lasting 90m from a company that is slashing its budget

One of the channels main presenters.

Compared to some of the presenters they now have, jug ears actually doesn't do a bad job and seems a decent egg on twitter.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,290 posts | 1664 
      Reply #2993: Oct 16, 2022 06:50:26 pm
      Has Micah Richards just said Taylor should.of gone with his gut .? He went to a monitor to see a foul wtf is he on about
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2994: Oct 16, 2022 07:33:14 pm
      Has Micah Richards just said Taylor should.of gone with his gut .? He went to a monitor to see a foul wtf is he on about

he did go with his gut thankfully someone who understands football told him he was wrong
      rossyred

• 9,290 posts | 1664 
      Reply #2995: Oct 16, 2022 08:06:30 pm
      he did go with his gut thankfully someone who understands football told him he was wrong

They looked at that 7 times after game and not once on the kicking ball out of Alis hands or was that fair ?
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,869 posts | 413 
      Reply #2996: Oct 16, 2022 08:10:49 pm
      It's appalling. I've stopped watching BT Sport's coverage altogether even though I can access it through sister's account. Great on F1 a decade or so ago but Humphrey's has now become a dreadful presenter intent on self promotion and is seemingly convinced that he's everyone's best mate. All topped off with a ghastly smart casual attire that inflates his already gigantic smugness. Should go back to CBBC and start over.

And don't get me started on Steve McManaman.

Rio Ferdinand the worst on there with his seven eights, no socks, loafers and sunglasses.

Uncle nobhead.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,869 posts | 413 
      Reply #2997: Oct 16, 2022 08:11:50 pm
      One of the channels main presenters.

Compared to some of the presenters they now have, jug ears actually doesn't do a bad job and seems a decent egg on twitter.

Really winds the gammons up too ;D
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,021 posts | 528 
      Reply #2998: Oct 16, 2022 08:41:13 pm
      They looked at that 7 times after game and not once on the kicking ball out of Alis hands or was that fair ?

Jürgen mentioned this after the game as well, but in all honesty the foul on Fabinho was clearer than the one on Alisson. I mean it was just an absolutely blatant foul. Bizarre hearing Martin Tyler, then Micah Richards and co trying to suggest otherwise. I mean I nearly said "bizarre but not surprising" but it was so indisputably a foul that I actually am a bit surprised that even people with their biases tried to pretend there might be some doubt about it.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2999: Oct 16, 2022 09:09:35 pm

foul every day off the week. Pepe said the Ref said he was letting everything go today the FA insist on Rules for their games a foul is a foul.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,342 posts | 1526 
      Reply #3000: Oct 16, 2022 11:11:42 pm
      I think micha tw*t Richard’s was thinking if he made enough repeated claims that Fab was going down before he was dragged down, var may have intervened and awarded the goal at 10:50 tonight 😂
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,291 posts | 763 
      Reply #3001: Oct 17, 2022 12:07:16 am

That's got to be the funniest spelling of Gary Lineker!
      DanMann

• 5,756 posts | 884 
      Reply #3002: Oct 17, 2022 08:46:28 am
      MOTD was a joke last night. First time I watched it in ages for obvious reasons.. but what a watered down waste of analysis. They literally said they didn't have time to look at the issue of Salah's foul and Klopp's reaction, and then spent a few minutes with Murphy waffling on about positional play and formation.  :roll:
      Harrisimo

• 8,282 posts | 1396 
      Reply #3003: Oct 17, 2022 09:41:08 am
      MOTD was a joke last night. First time I watched it in ages for obvious reasons.. but what a watered down waste of analysis. They literally said they didn't have time to look at the issue of Salah's foul and Klopp's reaction, and then spent a few minutes with Murphy waffling on about positional play and formation.  :roll:

Yes one of the major incidents and they claim they didn't have time to cover it. MOTD has become more or less irrelevant due to the live coverage by various other outlets. Back in the day it was compulsive viewing, hardly bother watching it now. Lineker vastly overpaid, scrap it and rename it - Edited Soccer Highlights. Catchy imaginative title.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,534 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3004: Oct 17, 2022 09:46:49 am

Its been pish for years.

Dont watch anything on the BBC. I don't pay the corrupt tv tax.

I'm a sports fan and they literally have nothing live anymore. well nothing worth watching anyway.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,241 posts | 921 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #3005: Oct 17, 2022 10:17:52 am

Said on motd last night had the goal stood for the Fab foul VAR would have ruled the gial out for kicking the ball out os Allisons hands
      rossyred

• 9,290 posts | 1664 
      Reply #3006: Oct 17, 2022 10:31:50 am
      Danny Mills what a F***ing w**ker was asked about coins and vandalism and chants and just solely replied about the coins not once did he mention City fans
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3007: Oct 17, 2022 11:42:59 am
      Danny Mills what a f**king w**ker was asked about coins and vandalism and chants and just solely replied about the coins not once did he mention City fans

you only had to say Danny Mills w**ker that is enough. Didnt ask him what his pre match prediction was and all these experts still complaining about the goal being disallowed even though they also now know Ali was also fouled.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #3008: Oct 17, 2022 12:03:50 pm

Like you, I watched it for the first time in ages, last night. Still a load of F***ing w*nk.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,061 posts | 2109 
      Reply #3009: Oct 17, 2022 12:18:42 pm
      Danny Mills what a f**king w**ker was asked about coins and vandalism and chants and just solely replied about the coins not once did he mention City fans

Possibly the most arrogant, dislikeable c**t of a human being around.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,938 posts | 4994 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #3010: Oct 17, 2022 12:39:01 pm
      Yes one of the major incidents and they claim they didn't have time to cover it. MOTD has become more or less irrelevant due to the live coverage by various other outlets. Back in the day it was compulsive viewing, hardly bother watching it now. Lineker vastly overpaid, scrap it and rename it - Edited Soccer Highlights. Catchy imaginative title.

Is that sh*te still on ? Ffs, I can’t remember the last time I watched, i think It was when Des Lynam had his hair & nails done, 90 odd mins squeezed into 6 mins is pathetic, particularly when it’s on late Saturday nights, BBC could easily extend the programme or even shift it to beeb2 either way it’s abundantly  clear football and obviously the fans don’t matter much to them, they don’t exactly attempt to attract more viewers either, typical bbc, buy it cheap sell it cheaper !!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #3011: Oct 17, 2022 12:42:31 pm
      Danny Mills what a F***ing w**ker was asked about coins and vandalism and chants and just solely replied about the coins not once did he mention City fans

He won't will he as he is more than likely on the City gravy train.

Spent five years at the club, technically makes him a legend :laugh:
      Don77

• 6,540 posts | 1089 
      Reply #3012: Oct 17, 2022 12:48:24 pm
      you only had to say Danny Mills w**ker that is enough. Didnt ask him what his pre match prediction was and all these experts still complaining about the goal being disallowed even though they also now know Ali was also fouled.

None of that matters ... nor the fact it was a corner to us as it doesn't fit their narrative that var denied city and their messiah pep.

You just know really that if that had happened the other way and the goal was given there would be complete uproar. So when they are still speading a narrative that city were hard done by its like they arnt even trying to hide their severe bias anymore.

Quick Reply