Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Napoli [Champions League] Tue 11th Dec @ 8:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 10th of December and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W5 D7 L8

Pundits and Commentators

Read 110860 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,977 posts | 3646 
      Re: Pundits and Commentators.
      Reply #30: Jan 10, 2011 12:02:27 pm
      Can't wait to see who will be the first to come out and criticise Dalglish....
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,474 posts | 463 
      Reply #31: Jan 10, 2011 12:46:21 pm
      I've seen/heard a few things where there have been emails read out and the ones questioning Dalglish are all from non-Liverpool fans... and then put it forward as a genuine concern.

... Wait a minute lads, I'd expect a Newcastle fan or a Chelsea fan to raise knee-jerk objections but you don't hear that from us. So what does it f**king matter what another fan thinks? I'll tell you what it matters, it matters because they all want to discuss those points because they have an agenda and probably pretty scared. Who will they obsessively label as in 'crisis' in a few weeks time?

Every Liverpool fan and proper footballing man interviewed has expressed positive opinions about Dalglish's abilities and quashed the myth that he hasn't seen football in 10 years but no... we have these f**king morons pushing their bitterness.

They are in a state of shock and I can't f**king wait to see them form an orderly queue to kiss our arse's when we are back on top!
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,124 posts | 2705 
      Reply #32: Jan 10, 2011 12:51:58 pm
      Can't wait to see who will be the first to come out and criticise Dalglish....
      On here or in General?. cant see anyone on here its possibly only 6 months to enjoy him.
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,999 posts | 295 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #33: Jan 07, 2012 10:10:52 am
      Hope I'm in the right thread here, but just can't get over the little c**t on setanta last night. Was browsing the net to see if I could find his name, but no luck. He was being the biggest c**t and no matter the fact that we won it 5-1, we were just too unconvincing for him. He was really pissing me off with his poor comments about everything in our game.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,660 posts | 2308 
      Reply #34: Jan 07, 2012 10:18:25 am
      Rats out of their holes chasing the filthy money.
      They forget who used to pay their mortgages and finance their flash car.
      No honour. 
      Sleep with it if you can.

Youre all talking complete bollocks. Who are you now anyway.? Retired nobodys.

Im f***ing on one today. !  ;D
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,948 posts | 184 
      • do do do
      Reply #35: Jan 07, 2012 10:49:24 am
      Hope I'm in the right thread here, but just can't get over the little c**t on setanta last night. Was browsing the net to see if I could find his name, but no luck. He was being the biggest c**t and no matter the fact that we won it 5-1, we were just too unconvincing for him. He was really pissing me off with his poor comments about everything in our game.

i forgot about posting about him because of our great win but i thought about it during the first half a bit. he was quite annoying and kept talking about how unfamiliar the back four must be with each other and how it was a "rare go" for coates, anyone who is at least unbiased in their commentary would probably mention that he is doing well when he gets his time and has the obvious role of learning from carra skrtel and agger for this season at least. he did sound like a snivelling small man so he didn't annoy me too much but you could tell he doesn't keep up with LFC so f**k him!!
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,215 posts | 372 
      Reply #36: Jan 07, 2012 11:06:30 am
      Quote from JD
      Aldo, Lawro, Barnes, Hansen, Neal, Beglin, Houghton, Whelan, Souness all play to their galleries.  They should remember which club helped get them their jobs in the first place.

Souness prefers RTE where they let him say whatever he likes. But the time when he went too far was his analysis of our 8-0 win against Besiktas, when he told their viewers that Liverpool "didn't play well tonight". I then called for a boycott by our fans of their LFC coverage. Nobody cared. They called it "entertaining" instead, so that's what you're up against.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,077 posts | 2766 
      Reply #37: Jan 07, 2012 12:27:58 pm
       Tell you who is more pro us than most, (and I know I'll get slagged for saying it) Sounness.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,124 posts | 2705 
      Reply #38: Jan 07, 2012 12:43:51 pm
      Tell you who is more pro us than most, (and I know I'll get slagged for saying it) Sounness.
      Not by me I still love Souey he had the balls to apologise for his error and has given solid support since.
      The rest are self serving parasites.
      chap
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 669 posts | 35 
      Reply #39: Jan 07, 2012 03:01:44 pm
      Guy on Setanta kept saying Reina only likes to punch the ball and never catches. Really pissed me off such a stupid comment think the whole broadcast was slapped together last night. He was on his own and hadnt a lot to say lucky we scored 5 otherwise he would have been fu**ed. The commentary on setanta is piss poor at the best of times.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,124 posts | 2705 
      Reply #40: Jan 07, 2012 03:40:34 pm
      I was watching the brum wolves game on Setanta.They were talking about pies not the game it was awful commentary and the ground was only 2/3 full for a Derby fa cup game.
      welshy7777
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 155 posts |
      Reply #41: Jan 07, 2012 07:32:06 pm
      The end of the day,do you not think theyd all be singing our praises if we were playing football of the highest calibre? Being a Liverpool supporter you must have tuned in to watch great attacking teams doing the business because they were a pleasure to watch?.And yes that inclues me!! When were producing drivel.I agree to a certain extent that the likes of Lawrenson does tend to have had a sprinkle or several of "Manc moon dust sprinkled on him!" as for a couple of others i agree aswell,but as an ex proffesional footballer your hardly going to go on tv and call a spade..a red are you? It doesnt matter if its coursing through your veins does it.As for Hansen im sure he'd love nothing better than to see the title head back to Liverpool but the end of the day until Liverpool are putting 4 or 5 past the likes of Wigan Blackburn and Norwich and challenging for the title then you can hardly blame the guy for sitting on the fence can you?
      welshy7777
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 155 posts |
      Reply #42: Jan 07, 2012 07:33:39 pm
      I was watching the brum wolves game on Setanta.They were talking about pies not the game it was awful commentary and the ground was only 2/3 full for a Derby fa cup game.
      f**k me you must have been bored......Dear diary...memo must get out more!!!
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,896 posts | 70 
      Reply #43: Jan 07, 2012 07:55:42 pm
      I wont slagg him either,he was a epic player for us one of my favourites,and he apologized for his mass balls up very emotionally,he just tells it as he see,s it.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,294 posts | 1737 
      Reply #44: Jan 07, 2012 08:11:44 pm
      I posted in the live stream last night that commentator said something along the lines that KD and Dickov were very similar players, other than in terms of quality.

You couldn't make up sh#te like that
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 28,700 posts | 3373 
      Reply #45: Jan 07, 2012 08:25:10 pm
      I posted in the live stream last night that commentator said something along the lines that KD and Dickov were very similar players, other than in terms of quality.

Other than them being both Scottish, there is no comparison between the two.
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,094 posts | 1693 
      Reply #46: Jan 07, 2012 08:29:05 pm

That was the Setanta guy and he compared Bellamy to Dickov as well. Actually he seemed to have a bit of a thing for Paul Dickov for some reason.

Terrible commentary last night.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,082 posts | 4572 
      • YNWA
      Reply #47: Jan 07, 2012 08:37:12 pm

Souness is one of the better commentators out there. Great player and still a legend for this club even though he fu**ed up. The way Kenny described him in his autobiography was wonderful.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,077 posts | 2766 
      Reply #48: Jan 07, 2012 08:41:52 pm
       Souness's apology for his rick. From the heart, fantastic player and a Liverpool legend for me Graeme Souness on his time as Liverpool manager
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,124 posts | 2705 
      Reply #49: Jan 07, 2012 08:46:06 pm
      Its getting pretty dire now that every pundit thinks they can have a go at us, Bring it on I say w ehave long memories. Souness always talks sense to me and I think i am right in saying he always says something positive about the club others like Lawrenson think they have a right to have a sly dig because the BBC pay their wages.
      DMS
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 70 posts |
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #50: Jan 08, 2012 02:11:43 am
      i know he doesn't really slag off liverpool, but i think the worst commentator ever has to be ray "bore the arse off me" wilkins, when i hear him on sly commentating i just have to turn the sound off, can't stand listening to the man
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,510 posts | 186 
      Reply #51: Jan 08, 2012 05:53:19 am
      you would think half of them would be very embarressed by their ignorant, black and white, tabloid media derived views. However then you realise they are ignorant, 1 dimensional people who read tabloids. I mean Stan Collymore, Savage, Shearer, Lawrenson etc. These people are hardly rocket scientists and it's not like they have small egos. How do I know.....BECAUSE I AM A ROCKET SCIENTIST!!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,020 posts | 2961 
      Reply #52: Jan 08, 2012 07:02:52 am
      Souness's apology for his rick. From the heart, fantastic player and a Liverpool legend for me Graeme Souness on his time as Liverpool manager
      His playing days are the stuff of legend, the man himself is honesty personified and often his views are self depreciating and brutally candid.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,948 posts | 1389 
      Reply #53: Jan 08, 2012 07:24:06 am
      Its like they say a good footballer does not always make a good manager or coach,the same also applies a good footballer does not make a good pundit.Some of these pundits might of been clever with their feet but are unable to transfer that cleverness to their brain.
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,215 posts | 372 
      Reply #54: Jan 08, 2012 08:20:58 am
      Quote from stuey
      His playing days are the stuff of legend, the man himself is honesty personified and often his views are self depreciating and brutally candid.

Wonderful player, average pundit, horrific coach. We're still trying to repair the damage his reign cost us, all these years later.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,294 posts | 1737 
      Reply #55: Jan 08, 2012 10:28:52 am
      That was the Setanta guy and he compared Bellamy to Dickov as well. Actually he seemed to have a bit of a thing for Paul Dickov for some reason.

Terrible commentary last night.

Cheers srslfc - was watching with the kids so wasn't sure if I heard it right.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #56: Jan 08, 2012 10:36:19 am
      Souness fu**ed up but big credit to the man, he held his hands up and said sorry.

Remember at the time, even when results were very poor half the Kop were still singing his name while the other half were booing.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,077 posts | 2766 
      Reply #57: Jan 08, 2012 10:40:35 am
      Wonderful player, average pundit, horrific coach. We're still trying to repair the damage his reign cost us, all these years later.

Can't agree with that. Too many people at Liverpool over the years have looked for excuses, and using a fella who coached us 20 years ago is about as far a stretch as you can get. He was a better manager for us than Juande Ramos was for Spurs five or six seasons ago. When Redknapp took over they were adrift at the bottom of the league. They now have a better squad than we do and will likely finish above us this season, no time for excuses because nobody cares and nobody wants to listen.
      brezipool
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,509 posts | 127 
      • COME ON THE REDMEN !
      Reply #58: Jan 08, 2012 10:48:52 am
      I'm sure Beglin supports the scum... damaged goods.

Lawro just a Lemming.

Hansen, calls it as he see's it at the time. Which somethimes hurts.

Aldrigde, 100% Red

You can always use this when the lies start..

this !
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,215 posts | 372 
      Reply #59: Jan 08, 2012 10:59:06 am
      Quote from: big mick
      Can't agree with that. Too many people at Liverpool over the years have looked for excuses, and using a fella who coached us 20 years ago is about as far a stretch as you can get. He was a better manager for us than Juande Ramos was for Spurs five or six seasons ago. When Redknapp took over they were adrift at the bottom of the league.

It's not an excuse. He inherited a wonderful side, top of the league, with fantastic players. Overnight, a considerable number of players with limited experience and/or simply not good enough were signed, while those wonderful players were flogged to whoever wanted them, some of them across the road. Within months we lost to Peterborough in the League Cup, while Bristol City, Chesterfield, and the hapless Swindon Town gave us a bloody nose later on. The year he left, we finished 8th in the league.

Of course he's not solely to blame for all our troubles, but so much damage was done in those three years, that we've been playing catch up with the opposition ever since, on and in some cases, off the field. The day we win the league, will be the day we will have finally caught up. That could still be a while away.
      « Last Edit: Jan 08, 2012 11:10:03 am by lfc across the water »

Quick Reply