Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Pundits and Commentators

Read 441003 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: Pundits and Commentators
      Reply #3335: Mar 19, 2023 10:42:12 pm
      Probably connections to West Ham who he played for and probably played in a few beatings for whichever team he played for during our rampant 80s period.

Seemed unwilling to praise Tyler Morton today and jumped him when he made a late mistake. I remember him criticizing Jürgen in season 1 when Jürgen was selecting Bobby over Christian Benteke.....
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,411 posts | 3406 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #3336: Mar 19, 2023 10:48:05 pm
      Probably connections to West Ham who he played for and probably played in a few beatings for whichever team he played for during our rampant 80s period.

And at arsenal
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,411 posts | 3406 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #3337: Mar 19, 2023 10:49:09 pm
      Apparently ally mccoist got an award for best pundit
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,259 posts | 1391 
      Reply #3338: Mar 23, 2023 07:42:08 pm
      Gerrard on yap duty for Italy V England. Looks like the Italians have screwed up the travel arrangements. Thousands of England fans left stranded apparently. Chance to have good look at Bellingham. I'm not convinced.

Fine tributes to Gianluca Vialli...rightly so.
      Harrisimo

• 8,259 posts | 1391 
      Reply #3339: Mar 23, 2023 08:00:01 pm
      Impressive England take a 1-0 lead through rice. Belly doing well.
      tytusgroan
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 573 posts | 52 
      Reply #3340: Mar 24, 2023 05:09:24 pm
      An open letter to sky,please bin all the commentators and go the Amazon way,press a button for crowd noise only. It will save a good few Bob in wages for their cutbacks
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #3341: Apr 01, 2023 02:09:03 pm
      Why do these commentators crawl up the opposition backsides. Guess it's probably because they don't want Liverpool in the limelight.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #3342: Apr 01, 2023 02:14:28 pm
      Why do these commentators crawl up the opposition backsides. Guess it's probably because they don't want Liverpool in the limelight.

Same week in week out mate.

Grealish gets fouled, Gakpo dives.

I can't stand that f**ker Fletcher anyway he's a prime example of the depths modern commentary has sank to
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3343: Apr 04, 2023 05:46:37 am

Spot on mate.

Every F***ing week, no matter who we play, you can feel and sense the commentators want us to get Beat! Bunch of cu*ts.

andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,348 posts | 1622 
      Reply #3344: Apr 04, 2023 07:07:09 am

That pair on the weekend were an absolute joke mate .
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #3345: Apr 04, 2023 03:36:21 pm
      Mutemutemutemutemutemute mutemutemutemutemutemute mutemutemutemutemute 😁
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #3346: Apr 04, 2023 03:41:51 pm
      Same week in week out mate.

Grealish gets fouled, Gakpo dives.

I can't stand that f**ker Fletcher anyway he's a prime example of the depths modern commentary has sank to

Yeah, I couldn't believe what I was haring there. No contact on Grealish, so clearly a dive, yet thats called a foul. Then calls for Gakpo to be carded for going down. Agree it wasn't a pen, he did sort of engineer it, but it was no worse than Grealish's dive.  I was F***ing screaming at the box, F***ing bias bas**rds.
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #3347: Apr 06, 2023 02:35:14 pm
      Neville and Carra can both sod off, sick of the ominous style of punditry they do, the constant groaning, all the ooOOoo like someones just been killed all game, the biased commentary. We have terrible co commentators on Sky sports especially and terrible refs, both ruining the game in different ways, the refs need sorting out seriously though.
      rossyred

• 9,283 posts | 1664 
      Reply #3348: Apr 07, 2023 06:33:17 pm
      Like the look of Studge as a pundit
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #3349: Apr 08, 2023 01:25:27 pm

Yeah I thought that. At first I thought, jeeeeezzz where did they dig him up from, but he did talk a lot of sense.
      Quite impressed with him by the time he finished.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #3350: Apr 09, 2023 06:50:24 pm
      What the F**k was all that oohing and aahing from those three dickheads towards the end of our game?

Tragic bunch those three.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,044 posts | 2096 
      Reply #3351: Apr 09, 2023 06:57:51 pm
      What the f**k was all that oohing and aahing from those three dickheads towards the end of our game?

Tragic bunch those three.

Is that Carra, Neville and Tyler?

As you note, f**king tragic trio. Bunch of gantry gimps. Even more tragic when you realise Carra spent seemingly his whole playing career bigging himself up as the next homegrown manager of Liverpool, while Neville shat himself in spectacular style in Valencia. Yet they preen about like nothing else.

You feel they're the sort of 'lads' who would be propping up the bar in some dive trying to hook up with women 20 years younger than them. The sort of lads who would be cackling and louting about on the table next to you in a pub. Bet they've bordered with a glassing in the past. I definitely sense that with those pair.

Pair of cu*ts.
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #3352: Apr 10, 2023 03:56:07 am
      I did everything to not have to listen to those three utter fun draining lemons on Sky. Found a US channel with Beglin (was so annoying) as co comms and an Irish guy who was really good at the main commentary.
       What I don't get is that, whoever has been doing well in a given season, say Man City, the commentary takes the angle of oh no, look the underdog are stopping the team playing well this season instead of thinking hang on it's a game and it's exciting when the team lower down is making a game of it. It's baffling and so common, hard to explain.
        Beglin was everything Arsenal this that and the other as if he was responsible for them doing well this season and I find that when people commentate on Man City too, like they are gutted a team dare to wreck them. Weird stuff and I don't get it at all. I'm pretty sure I can't remember that ever being the case when we were sailing high, other than LFC tv maybe obviously.
       Strange, can't stand Sky commentary team, they all act like they are the police and a serious crime is happening, wtf? It's a game of football.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #3353: Apr 10, 2023 06:13:53 am
      Caught up in the game yesterday I was only half listening to commentary but I’m sure when we equalised Tyler was more interested in Arsenal’s imminent subs, did I hear that right or was it just me, I was too busy pumping the air to have properly absorbed what was said, but yep, those three are pathetic, the accentuated OO’s & AH’s when tackles go in or there’s a flailing arm as if it’s a blatant attempt to over dramatise certain incidents, I just think now that they believe their the be all and end all in football commentary and punditry and love to wallow in their own noteriety,  Tyler has always hated us, Ratboy does obviously and Carra has his name stamped on the soles of his shoes, he’s so far up Sky’s arse it’s a form of identity !!

YNWA

Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #3354: Apr 10, 2023 07:21:16 am
      He's sound, I like hearing him speak, think he's very smart and can word things straight away instead of many other who think they have to word things in a particular way, also fun so wow fun watching the entertainment called football. I was happy to see him, man what a player.
      The Micah Richards version of 'fun' isn't fun it's just childish and self indulgent, I mention him because I forgot to mention him, why would I? He said yesterdays game was one of the best he's ever seen. I mean it was quite good and I'm happy to see us more cohesive even though we didn't win but come on man. that's not in the top 100 games I've seen. And I don't mean that like oh I only like games we win. It was a dodgy game in the way, think the ref was actually ok but that linesman and certain things, choices the players made many times were odd. Also Arsenal trying to time waste or cause random stuff, it was no classic.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #3355: Apr 10, 2023 11:42:54 am
      Boy - Roy Keane really hates Robbo.....something to do with having eclipsed his old roomate Dennis Irwin methinks.

The mask slipped yesterday - that was pure individual bile, not a subjective opinion.

pr**k
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #3356: Apr 10, 2023 11:57:02 am
      Spot on mate.

Every F***ing week, no matter who we play, you can feel and sense the commentators want us to get Beat! Bunch of cu*ts.

Biggest cu*ts are Andy Gray and Richard Keys.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #3357: Apr 10, 2023 12:02:00 pm
      Biggest cu*ts are Andy Gray and Richard Keys.

I used to like them!
      Do they still go on tv? Not seen them in ages

Quick Reply