Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Pundits and Commentators

Read 441633 times
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,533 posts | 1772 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: Pundits and Commentators
      Reply #3496: Jun 14, 2023 03:33:07 pm

Ditto. That face is never off slysports l o l

said it before the other one I cant stand is the one with the bobby firmino teeth and 5 piece suits. l o l
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,543 posts | 725 
      Reply #3497: Jun 14, 2023 08:13:09 pm
      i have a question, why does everyone hate jake humphreys now?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,976 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3498: Jun 14, 2023 10:17:48 pm

He’s not on my hate list, think he does a ok job. I can  name at least a dozen pundits/commentators that well below his standard.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #3499: Jun 15, 2023 07:27:20 am

Pretty sure it's because how he handled the complete F**k up at last season's CL final.

Didn't he compare it to Myself and other extremely poor taste comments.
      tytusgroan
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 574 posts | 52 
      Reply #3500: Jun 16, 2023 05:37:20 pm
      Tuned in to the nations League semis the past two nights, sound was muted within 30 seconds both nights. f***in horrendous. I keep banging on about this, Amazon has the perfect answer a button for crowd noise .only.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,226 posts | 918 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #3501: Jun 16, 2023 08:44:48 pm
      Townsend at the England game, Klopp owes Southgate an apology as Southgate played Trent I’m midfield 3 years ago “tosser”
      tytusgroan
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 574 posts | 52 
      Reply #3502: Jun 17, 2023 09:08:43 am
      Good news morning, Martin Tyler is leaving sky sports.
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,266 posts | 281 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #3503: Jun 17, 2023 01:40:54 pm
      Good news morning, Martin Tyler is leaving sky sports.

🥳
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,050 posts | 2102 
      Reply #3504: Jun 17, 2023 11:46:57 pm
      It's a mark of how shockingly awful he became that his retirement is met with celebration rather than tribute.

He was an excellent commentator...when you realise it was the same guy who commentated on that Collymore goal or Gerrard's strike against Olympiakos it's actually quite shocking.

But my word, how awful he became in the past decade. Probably the starkest example of someone overstaying their welcome and being well past their sell by date.
      « Last Edit: Jun 18, 2023 12:26:58 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,936 posts | 4993 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #3505: Jun 18, 2023 09:03:44 am
      It's a mark of how shockingly awful he became that his retirement is met with celebration rather than tribute.

He was an excellent commentator...when you realise it was the same guy who commentated on that Collymore goal or Gerrard's strike against Olympiakos it's actually quite shocking when you realise it's the same guy.

But my word, how awful he became in the past decade. Probably the starkest example of someone overstaying their welcome and being well past their sell by date.

I’d never really taken any particular notice of which commentator was on the gantry while we played, I knew who they were but I would simply concentrate on the action and not what someone said, until Tyler, and one or two others completely lost their impartiality,

I think my mute button has been pressed more times than what any manager is during a press conference !!

Pun absolutely intended!!

YNWA
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,861 posts | 409 
      Reply #3506: Jun 18, 2023 10:13:24 pm
      Hes being replaced with Peter drury who I really like.

Hes a bit of a poet with words, perhaps goes over the top sometimes but give me that energy over Tyler last 5 years of ambivalence.

Fans will love and hate Drury depending on if they win or lose. They'll be many a goal toasted by him that we score but he will also grind a few gears when it's us on the wrong end of the dramatic winner or equaliser.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,533 posts | 1772 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3507: Jun 19, 2023 10:43:42 am
      Hes being replaced with Peter drury who I really like.

Hes a bit of a poet with words, perhaps goes over the top sometimes but give me that energy over Tyler last 5 years of ambivalence.

Fans will love and hate Drury depending on if they win or lose. They'll be many a goal toasted by him that we score but he will also grind a few gears when it's us on the wrong end of the dramatic winner or equaliser.

Defo an upgrade, im looking forward to his comms next season.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,011 posts | 3352 
      Reply #3508: Jun 27, 2023 10:44:12 am
      Gary Neville to Join Dragons Den
      London-born and US-based fashion mogul Emma Grede and ex-professional footballer turned businessman extraordinaire Gary Neville, will be joining Dragons’ Den as guest Dragons, sitting alongside Peter Jones, Deborah Meaden, Touker Suleyman, Sara Davies and Steven Bartlett for series 21.

The series will be back on BBC One and iPlayer in 2024. Filming is currently taking place in Manchester, and Emma and Gary will be joining the usual line-up in episodes next year, to shake things up and impart their unique business advice on those entering the Den.

Emma commented: “I’m no stranger to the boardroom. I’m surrounded by strong women, and I champion those who are independent and have an idea that I can help develop and grow. I watched Dragons’ Den growing up, and being able to come back to the UK as a Dragon to share my own experience with the budding entrepreneurs entering the Den, is very exciting. I am looking for people who are passionate, not afraid to think big and know their product, and their audience.”

Gary said: “I am excited to join the Dragons, and to meet the entrepreneurs brave enough to face us in the Den. I hope my personal journey shows that you can take the experiences you’ve had in one part of your career and use them to do something entirely different and make it a success. Business is all about managing people and managing yourself and I’m looking forward to sharing my experience to help the entrepreneurs we’ll meet in the Den reach their potential.”

Samantha Davies, Executive Producer, commented: “For the first time in the show’s 21 series there will be a sixth chair in the Den as we welcome our first guest Dragons. And what better additions to our established line-up than business juggernauts Emma Grede and Gary Neville. Emma brings a wide-range of knowledge and experience in international business, and Gary is a great example of someone who took an alternative route into commerce and used his unique skillset to grow a successful portfolio of companies.

"They’re an exciting addition to the Den for both the programme and the entrepreneurs who’ll get the opportunity to pitch to them.”

Sarah Clay, Commissioning Editor said: “Dragons’ Den has gone from strength to strength. Creative renewal is key to keeping such long running flagship shows at the top of their game. Our brilliant guest Dragons Emma and Gary, bring a different type of fire to the Den and create a new dynamic we hope Dragons fans will thoroughly enjoy.”

Bringing bounds of valuable business experience and global brand-building acumen, Emma Grede is the pioneering architect of multiple fashion, retail and lifestyle brands, worth billions of dollars. Recognised as one of America's Richest Self-Made Women by Forbes, she is the co-founder and CEO of Good American, which she established in 2016 alongside Khloé Kardashian, as well as the founding partner of shapewear brand SKIMS. Emma also co-founded plant-powered cleaning brand Safely. Her passion and unwavering dedication to empowering women and championing social impact extends far beyond the fashion and retail landscapes. She continues to advocate for representation across industries, while serving as Chairwoman of The Fifteen Percent Pledge.

Gary Neville might be best known for his football accolades, but off the pitch is an extremely successful businessman and an example of how different skills and life experiences can be used in business. Having started out as a property developer whilst playing for Manchester United in his early twenties, he’s continued with that entrepreneurial passion and has built a business empire with a portfolio that spans property, hospitality, education, media and sport. His Stock Exchange Hotel is one of the top hotels in Manchester, his University UA92 is disrupting a traditional model and his St. Michael’s project is one of the landmark property developments in Manchester City Centre.

Dragons’ Den will be back on BBC One and BBC iPlayer in 2024. Audiences will get to see dozens of entrepreneurs enter the Den to impress the Dragons, hoping to leave with an investment.

Dragons’ Den is commissioned for BBC One and iPlayer by Kalpna Patel-Knight, Head of Entertainment Commissioning, the Commissioning editor for BBC Entertainment is Sarah Clay. The programme is produced by BBC Studios Factual Entertainment base in Glasgow led by Creative Director Adeline Ramage Rooney. The Executive Producer is Samantha Davies and the Series Producer is Natalie Richardson.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/2023/dragons-den-s21-guest-dragons/
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,533 posts | 1772 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3509: Jun 27, 2023 10:59:53 am
      London-born and US-based fashion mogul Emma Grede and ex-professional footballer turned businessman extraordinaire Gary Neville, will be joining Dragons’ Den as guest Dragons, sitting alongside Peter Jones, Deborah Meaden, Touker Suleyman, Sara Davies and Steven Bartlett for series 21.

The series will be back on BBC One and iPlayer in 2024. Filming is currently taking place in Manchester, and Emma and Gary will be joining the usual line-up in episodes next year, to shake things up and impart their unique business advice on those entering the Den.

Emma commented: “I’m no stranger to the boardroom. I’m surrounded by strong women, and I champion those who are independent and have an idea that I can help develop and grow. I watched Dragons’ Den growing up, and being able to come back to the UK as a Dragon to share my own experience with the budding entrepreneurs entering the Den, is very exciting. I am looking for people who are passionate, not afraid to think big and know their product, and their audience.”

Gary said: “I am excited to join the Dragons, and to meet the entrepreneurs brave enough to face us in the Den. I hope my personal journey shows that you can take the experiences you’ve had in one part of your career and use them to do something entirely different and make it a success. Business is all about managing people and managing yourself and I’m looking forward to sharing my experience to help the entrepreneurs we’ll meet in the Den reach their potential.”

Samantha Davies, Executive Producer, commented: “For the first time in the show’s 21 series there will be a sixth chair in the Den as we welcome our first guest Dragons. And what better additions to our established line-up than business juggernauts Emma Grede and Gary Neville. Emma brings a wide-range of knowledge and experience in international business, and Gary is a great example of someone who took an alternative route into commerce and used his unique skillset to grow a successful portfolio of companies.

"They’re an exciting addition to the Den for both the programme and the entrepreneurs who’ll get the opportunity to pitch to them.”

Sarah Clay, Commissioning Editor said: “Dragons’ Den has gone from strength to strength. Creative renewal is key to keeping such long running flagship shows at the top of their game. Our brilliant guest Dragons Emma and Gary, bring a different type of fire to the Den and create a new dynamic we hope Dragons fans will thoroughly enjoy.”

Bringing bounds of valuable business experience and global brand-building acumen, Emma Grede is the pioneering architect of multiple fashion, retail and lifestyle brands, worth billions of dollars. Recognised as one of America's Richest Self-Made Women by Forbes, she is the co-founder and CEO of Good American, which she established in 2016 alongside Khloé Kardashian, as well as the founding partner of shapewear brand SKIMS. Emma also co-founded plant-powered cleaning brand Safely. Her passion and unwavering dedication to empowering women and championing social impact extends far beyond the fashion and retail landscapes. She continues to advocate for representation across industries, while serving as Chairwoman of The Fifteen Percent Pledge.

Gary Neville might be best known for his football accolades, but off the pitch is an extremely successful businessman and an example of how different skills and life experiences can be used in business. Having started out as a property developer whilst playing for Manchester United in his early twenties, he’s continued with that entrepreneurial passion and has built a business empire with a portfolio that spans property, hospitality, education, media and sport. His Stock Exchange Hotel is one of the top hotels in Manchester, his University UA92 is disrupting a traditional model and his St. Michael’s project is one of the landmark property developments in Manchester City Centre.

Dragons’ Den will be back on BBC One and BBC iPlayer in 2024. Audiences will get to see dozens of entrepreneurs enter the Den to impress the Dragons, hoping to leave with an investment.

Dragons’ Den is commissioned for BBC One and iPlayer by Kalpna Patel-Knight, Head of Entertainment Commissioning, the Commissioning editor for BBC Entertainment is Sarah Clay. The programme is produced by BBC Studios Factual Entertainment base in Glasgow led by Creative Director Adeline Ramage Rooney. The Executive Producer is Samantha Davies and the Series Producer is Natalie Richardson.

another reason not to watch that rubbish. l o l
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,352 posts | 2819 
      Reply #3510: Jun 27, 2023 12:10:31 pm

"businessman extraordinaire"

F**k me.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,267 posts | 760 
      Reply #3511: Jun 27, 2023 12:18:41 pm
      "businessman extraordinaire"

F**k me.
      "I'm out"
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,976 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3512: Jun 27, 2023 01:34:08 pm

I watch it anyway so not to be missed now.  ;D
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,267 posts | 760 
      Reply #3513: Jun 27, 2023 03:24:29 pm
      I watch it anyway so not to be missed now.  ;D
      If he's anything like the Glazer's it'll be " I'll give you half the money for 99% of your business"
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,976 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3514: Jun 27, 2023 03:28:47 pm
      If he's anything like the Glazer's it'll be " I'll give you half the money for 99% of your business"

Well the fact he wants them out also should be a good watch.  :lmao:
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,861 posts | 409 
      Reply #3515: Jun 28, 2023 06:02:41 pm
      Laura Woods not so much a pundit but she's been brilliant for years on talksport breakfast as a host and did her last show today. Shes already a busy girl in the boxing scene and will go on to bigger and better things than the talksport studio.

Will miss her with Ally on their breakfast show though. She was class.

tytusgroan
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 574 posts | 52 
      Reply #3516: Jun 28, 2023 06:05:52 pm
      Wouldn't mind Ally getting the Saturday job on sky. He's got the perfect personality and humour for the show.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #3517: Jul 01, 2023 02:31:17 pm

Good F***ing manager though, knows her sh*t and is probably better than some of her male counterparts.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,011 posts | 3352 
      Reply #3518: Jul 05, 2023 03:27:23 pm
      Matt Le Tissier

Matt Le Tissier is a Southampton legend and one of the Premier League’s original ballers, but his metamorphosis into a latter-day David Icke has produced some of the wildest conspiracy theories you’re ever likely to see.

For all his jaw-dropping talent as a footballer, Le Tissier has spent much of the last three years defecating on his legacy from the height of the Eiffel Tower, ostracising himself from the mainstream and siding firmly with the inhabitants of society’s fringes.

We’ve trawled through the murky undergrowth of Twitter to bring you 11 of his steaming hot takes.

Communist takeover
      Tell us Matt, are the communists in the room with you now?

https://twitter.com/mattletiss7/status/1676132658240274432?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1676132658240274432%7Ctwgr%5E590dbd39f027c832b1d1cc68b28a46d3d3bf9106%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.planetfootball.com%2Fquick-reads%2Fmatt-le-tissier-wildest-conspiracy-theories-vaccination-communism%2F

Covid concerns
      Le Tissier’s views first came under media scrutiny when he posted a controversial tweet about the fast-developing Covid crisis in March 2020.

“Why scare the entire population with this coronavirus stuff?” asked the former England international. “It’s only the elderly and people with existing conditions that are at risk but you’d expect everyone was going to die by the way it’s being reported.”

NHS actors
      Le Tissier has also claimed some of the patients who were dying or critically ill in a hospital in Italy at the start of the pandemic were actors.

When questioned about the images of these patients by The Times in April 2022, he replied: “Some of those were actors, by the way.” Mad, mad stuff.

Ventilators and tests
      In that same interview with The Times, Le Tissier insisted that ventilators ’caused harm to patients’ and PCR tests were ‘entirely responsible for elevating a flu bug into a pandemic’.

He also suggested masks, which were proven to stop the spread of the virus, were a sign of compliance. We reason that Le Tissier has burrowed his way thousands of miles into a rabbit hole.

Tanzanian President
      It’s the maddest sh*t you’ll read all year; Le Tissier implying that Bill Gates ordered a hit on the President of Tanzania is probably the biggest case in favour of banning heading in football.

https://twitter.com/mattletiss7/status/1372522338600812546?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1372522338600812546%7Ctwgr%5E590dbd39f027c832b1d1cc68b28a46d3d3bf9106%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.planetfootball.com%2Fquick-reads%2Fmatt-le-tissier-wildest-conspiracy-theories-vaccination-communism%2F

Sky Sports sacking
      After years as part of the successful Soccer Saturday set-up, Le Tissier was released from his Sky contract in 2020. He took it as well as you’d expect.

The Southampton legend has insisted Sky ‘didn’t give a reason’ for his exit, yet there was significant pressure on the broadcaster to sack him following his tweets about Covid.

“Within five seconds I was told there was no more work for me at Sky,” he told The Rob Moore podcast in June 2022.

“I had about seven months left to run on my contract but I was told that I wouldn’t be needed anymore. They didn’t really give a particular reason, they just said ‘the show was going in a different direction’ – they were the words I think they used.

“So I asked the question, does this have anything to do with my posts on social media? To which their reply was, ‘well we have to take into account the reputation of the company when making these decisions.’

“At which point I said ‘oh that’s interesting, because at the moment, you are employing somebody who spat at a girl from his car’. Jamie Carragher, who spat at a young girl through his car. They suspended him for six months and then brought him back into the fold.

“I said ‘do you not think that might have harmed the reputation of the company at all’ and I got told ‘we can’t talk about other people on this’ so that was it really.”

Anne Frank
      Around the time of his Sky Sports departure, Le Tissier outraged many by referencing Anne Frank in an argument against face masks.

He quote-tweeted a post that read: “The people who hid Anne Frank were breaking the law. The people who killed her were following it.” He added: “Remember this.” The post was initially uploaded in response to a video that showed a police officer challenging a train user for not wearing a face covering.

The 54-year-old was slammed for the tweet, but initially fought back against critics by writing: “This appears to have got a lot of bots and trolls tweeting me about masks! Yet I’ve just checked again and still I find no reference to masks anywhere in the original tweet!”

But he later apologised and deleted his tweet: “Apologies for the recent tweet. Obviously taken out of context so I’ve deleted it so there’s no confusion.”

Footballer’s heart problems
      Incredibly outspoken about the COVID vaccine, Le Tissier has looked for the loosest of hooks to hang his metaphorical hat.

https://twitter.com/mattletiss7/status/1469813906608640007?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1469813906608640007%7Ctwgr%5E590dbd39f027c832b1d1cc68b28a46d3d3bf9106%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.planetfootball.com%2Fquick-reads%2Fmatt-le-tissier-wildest-conspiracy-theories-vaccination-communism%2F

Bucha massacre
      This one was just grim.

There was much shock and sadness when 1000 bodies were discovered in the Ukrainian city of Bucha last April, including 31 children, amid the ongoing war with Russia.

Responding the massacre, a Twitter account posted: “The media lied about Weapons of Mass Destruction. The media lied about Covid. The media lied about the Hunter Biden laptop. But honestly, they are telling the truth about Bucha!”

The post suggested the massacre was staged, something Russia has claimed after facing an international backlash. Le Tissier quote tweeted the post and wrote: “This.”

He was immediately criticised by scores of prominent people on Twitter for his bone-headed remark.

Ali Dia
      Wait, this actually did happen.

9/11
      While Le Tissier has not blessed us with his full explanation, he has made it abundantly clear he is sceptical about the terrorist attack on the Twin Towers on September 11 2001.

“There’s enough structural engineers I have listened to that have all said there is no way a plane could do that to a building unless there was some kind of controlled explosion,” Le Tissier said to a baffled Ray Parlour and Alan Brazil about a disaster that claimed the lives of nearly 3,000 people.
      https://www.planetfootball.com/quick-reads/matt-le-tissier-wildest-conspiracy-theories-vaccination-communism/

Quick Reply